PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Shopping sux teh big one!!!

Seedler
12-22-2006, 09:57 PM
Drove around for 20minutes trying to find parking, then waited another 20 just waiting and finally got a spot at the very end of the park lot. The mall was packed and the good stuff were taken, all that's left are crap and goodies with jacked prices. :frusty:

Christmas shopping sucks.

It's hard to pick out stuff for ppl, because they could be buying you a pair of socks while you're getting them an MP3 player.:angry: and vice versa.

Such a stressful time of the year, and the 30mm rain didn't help.:frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty:

Mr. Mulder
12-22-2006, 09:58 PM
wurd.

100%
12-22-2006, 10:35 PM
Get a secretary.

peat moss
12-22-2006, 10:39 PM
Quit complaining icehole its only once a year .

MotoR6
12-23-2006, 12:15 AM
Giftcards and/or the internets shopping.

I avoid the malls like the plague, especially during the Holiday season.

Virtualbody1234
12-23-2006, 01:12 AM
Quit complaining icehole its only once a year .Far gone ice hole.

peat moss
12-23-2006, 01:16 AM
You Scrooges , its my fav. time of year Its all about giving not receiving with is nice . You need someone in your life to really appreciate it I guess ?

Been there done that when alone ,its not all its cracked up to be, Whiskey River was a big part of my Xmas before I found my self or purpose I guess .

If you have single friends or know one far from home nows the time to call . :yup:

Seedler
12-23-2006, 02:24 AM
...I got a box of chocolate from a long time friend and i got her perfume:(

Trade deficit was around $30.:pinch:

ngs_raider
12-23-2006, 02:51 AM
GiftCards are the way to go. Malls are too inconvienent during the Holiday season. Only time I go to the Mall is during Black Fridays. yippie! :P

maebach
12-23-2006, 03:04 AM
I cant seem to find a fucking TMX elmo doll for my cousin!

Buffalo
12-23-2006, 03:17 AM
For those who can read this, IE: not on block.
In my life I have worked my ass off to help and satisfy people when I was a manager in a local shop in my home town, I worked my bollocks off.
At this time of year I was doing 77 hours a week and when I got home I was so tired all I wanted to do was sleep, as the day had been so long, only to start again the next day again & again.
It was my job and I think I did it well.
I did what I did for people, just to satisfy their needs, to give them what they wanted, that's the grocery trade and that's what I did for quite some time.

I left that Job to work for Royal Mail.
My new Job was ok till it came to Christmas again, I found the hours I was doing was crazy, When I did get home I was so tired all I wanted to do was sleep again, What sort of life is that.

Some people don't understand what people do to make things happen, thats the sad bit, some forget that if it was not for people like me and others then Christmas would not happen.
I'm only saying this as I think the people that moan, should understand what some other humans have to do to make Christmas happen, If it was not people like myself then what sort of Christmas would it of been.

I did my bit in life, working for the good, with no thank you.
That makes me feel well bad.

Apart from Christams,
My next Job was working for HM Coastguard, Air sea Rescue.
it was the pissed twats that gave me such a hard time, and It was again people like me who saved there lifes when in trouble.

Now I think, Why did I get into such Work!

what the fuck was I thinking, and what has it done for me?

Thanks

callum
12-23-2006, 03:22 AM

For the wages.

Buffalo
12-23-2006, 03:33 AM

For the wages.

Please........

Wages!

I remember going into the bank one day, the chap on the till said to me how meny jobs have I got lol.

I did what I did not for money, I did as i served, all I wanted was to make people happy.

I forgot about myself,

was I happy?

and I feel so pleased to do what I did, Ha

Fuck it.

never again, yet in saying that, Yes...... if was needed, Or I was rquired to help, then I would, as thats me.
When I was in the Coastguards I was on call 24/7
I put my life on the line, for others.
I did it not for Money, and I hope you can understand that

callum
12-23-2006, 03:41 AM
You worked in a shop, for royal mail and for the coastguards, i don't believe you took these jobs to help people. I'd guess you took the first two because that's all you could get and the last one for a bit of excitement.

Buffalo
12-23-2006, 03:50 AM
No dude, honest.

I was also a lifeguard in my hometown, not a pool lifegurad may i add, and i was on the lifeboat RNLI in my home town as well.
I can be very honest, I did all what i did for others mate.

I have done my bit.

callum
12-23-2006, 03:56 AM
I do know what you mean, i worked in a call centre before, just doing my bit, trying to help people out, insurance is very important. I'd call the same people everyday, trying to get them to see the light, but did i get any thanks, fuck no.

Buffalo
12-23-2006, 04:12 AM
I know what you mean mate, At the time you don't think you just do what you do, But over time you think.......... why am i doing this, it's when you are not appreciated that the feeling comes on, don't get me wrong I did like what I did, and yes I did what I did not for gain, I did to help others,
My job was First man, when I was in the coastguards, I had a back pack on, and went down a cliff with no safty rope on to give a sit-rep when the damn helicopeter came over head, I put my life on the line for mainly drunk people that came to our town and had got fucked up on our bad cliffs.
Not one person ever said thank you for what we did, how fucked up is that.
At times I was shitting it, I was on a small rope that I had to setup held by one peg at the top of the cliiff.
if I had of not done my job then, Who?

I'm not out for anything tonight, I'm just saying that some put themselves out, Just for others, not for gain, but, to help.

In some of us, it's a natural instinct

thewizeard
12-23-2006, 06:38 AM
Drove around for 20minutes trying to find parking, then waited another 20 just waiting and finally got a spot at the very end of the park lot. The mall was packed and the good stuff were taken, all that's left are crap and goodies with jacked prices. :frusty:

It's hard to pick out stuff for ppl, because they could be buying you a pair of socks while you're getting them an MP3 player.:angry: and vice versa.

Such a stressful time of the year, and the 30mm rain didn't help.:frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty:

:O Heh...is it so difficult to find a parking lot for a bicycle? :unsure:

mr. nails
12-23-2006, 08:18 AM
Click HERE (http://www.amazon.com) for easy xmas shopping!

Barbarossa
12-23-2006, 12:33 PM
...I got a box of chocolate from a long time friend and i got her perfume:(

Trade deficit was around $30.:pinch:

so you wish you'd kept the perfume now eh, gaylord :dabs:

petra1210
12-24-2006, 04:41 AM

Yeah u are absolutely right. Christmas shopping sucks... same here.. i had no presents cause of work so i went to town today.. i drove around like crazy for more than 30 minutes trying to find parking as well.. i dont need to write down anything else because the same happened to me.. funny actually.. i went to the shop (note: i rang them 1 hour before and i asked them if they have that thing what i want to buy.. they said-yeah bla bla bla) the shop was full of crazy people with no respect.. here is an exam :tank: of lovely and nice ppl.. they all looks like that to kill everyone
well i just wanted to collect my present and they said that all good stuff is gone already... i was like :cry:
so i went away and they rang me 10minutes later that they have that but i have to pay double... well i said bloody "yes" :huh::frusty:

For 10minutes or so i got my present and some really nice bruises on my arm :cry:

kittybewm
12-25-2006, 01:27 PM
I vote we ban christmas shopping. Let the gifts shop for US!