nice

cinephilia
10-14-2009, 02:06 AM
yeah!

nice
nice posts :yup:

Frankthetank1
10-15-2009, 08:54 PM
I don't get why you can't rep the same person twice? I sugguest you can't do it in the same day or wait48 hours. I mean what's the point? If you deal with someone and all goes well, wouldn't you want to do it again? I don't trade but I do see this as a benefit to traders or a even friends who want to give invites to each other.

kooltilldend
10-15-2009, 08:58 PM
well its probably to limit abuse...but then again, there are already so many ways to abuse the system that it really doesn't change much so yeah why not!

susiserken
10-15-2009, 09:46 PM
I don't get why you can't rep the same person twice? I sugguest you can't do it in the same day or wait48 hours. I mean what's the point? If you deal with someone and all goes well, wouldn't you want to do it again? I don't trade but I do see this as a benefit to traders or a even friends who want to give invites to each other.

Could it be that you have to "spread" reps around like on other vBulletin boards? like you have to rep 5-10 others before giving it to the same person again :huh:

kooltilldend
10-15-2009, 10:42 PM

Could it be that you have to "spread" reps around like on other vBulletin boards? like you have to rep 5-10 others before giving it to the same person again :huh:
naah u can never ever get rep from the same person more than once around here afaik

Neo-T
10-23-2009, 02:25 PM
I Think There Should Be A Option For Negative Rep. As some of the Users Needs To Be Pointed Out. And You Can't Point Them Out With Positive Rep.

But Great System For Good Members

senegal
07-25-2010, 03:23 PM
There's infraction warnings for negative rep.

Cabalo
07-25-2010, 04:10 PM
Oh really ? That's something new.

senegal
07-25-2010, 04:37 PM
No, it isn't!

anon
07-25-2010, 06:06 PM

Wait a second, you're going too fast for me. You can send negative BT rep here? I thought it could only go up.

senegal
07-25-2010, 06:10 PM
that warnings stops you to behave abroad.

Cabalo
07-26-2010, 12:30 AM

Wait a second, you're going too fast for me. You can send negative BT rep here? I thought it could only go up.
Now you do.

anon
07-26-2010, 04:58 PM
Now you do.

Great member, +Rep :yup:

bijoy
08-18-2010, 06:01 AM
Nice to know.. :-)

ma7moud1
09-13-2010, 02:32 AM
Great :)

bijoy
09-18-2010, 02:27 PM
how can I give +1 rep, the old sign is not present here!

Cristian
09-18-2010, 02:34 PM
http://i55.tinypic.com/2a4zib6.jpg

Champo101
09-18-2010, 02:40 PM
Rep is only given in the Trade and Giveaway section.

bijoy
09-18-2010, 02:52 PM
http://i55.tinypic.com/2a4zib6.jpg

thanks for the reply..
I saw the sign in the first thread & searched for that.. but didn't know that the sign has changed a lot. :P

anon
09-18-2010, 04:25 PM
The first post should be updated to... acknowledge the fact vB4 is different. :unsure:

bijoy
09-23-2010, 12:54 PM
The first post should be updated to... acknowledge the fact vB4 is different. :unsure:

Yup, exactly that's why I was confused.

Cabalo
09-23-2010, 07:07 PM
Fixed.

anon
09-23-2010, 07:15 PM
User Change History. :O

Cabalo
09-23-2010, 07:18 PM
wut ?

anon
09-23-2010, 07:56 PM
That tab in the third screenshot. :happy:

Cabalo
09-23-2010, 08:26 PM
Oh. It is what it is.

Champo101
09-25-2010, 06:08 PM
oops I forgot this thread was in the Invite section :S I thought it was in Bittorrent.

armandox
10-14-2010, 06:08 PM
how do I see how many reputation for any member?

anon
10-14-2010, 06:37 PM
how do I see how many reputation for any member?

Look to the left of their posts. It's also visible in their profiles.

If you see no "BT Rep: +x" and the Reputation tab isn't available in someone's profile, it means they've chosen to hide their rep.

MarioXXL
10-28-2010, 08:19 PM
why can i only give one reputation pro user?
I trade not one time!
i will give one rep pro good trade!

thx

anon
10-28-2010, 08:22 PM

To prevent rep cheating?

MarioXXL
10-28-2010, 08:42 PM
I trade not only once with the same user!
if the user is trusted, I exchange several times with him!

cinephilia
10-28-2010, 09:01 PM
then that's your problem.

IdolEyes787
10-28-2010, 09:47 PM
I trade not one time!
i will give one rep pro good trade!

thx

Per not pro , although you do seem to be a pro trader.

Btw can you ban anyone that can't speak proper English ?
To avoid human rights issues you can just say that it's has noting to do with nationality and FST is simply positively investing in internet literacy.

kbcurtis
11-23-2010, 02:57 AM
Great! a good system for rep!

natural
06-14-2011, 03:36 PM
MOD. I can't give rep to user who gave me invite. I can't find * sign to the left of his post to give him rep. Why?

mjmacky
06-14-2011, 03:50 PM
MOD. I can't give rep to user who gave me invite. I can't find * sign to the left of his post to give him rep. Why?

From what I recall them discussing in another thread, they just took it away for the Giveaway subforum. You can only give rep on trades now. You're the first of many posts foretold to flood the forum, but it seems like a drizzle

natural
06-14-2011, 04:04 PM

From what I recall them discussing in another thread, they just took it away for the Giveaway subforum. You can only give rep on trades now. You're the first of many posts foretold to flood the forum, but it seems like a drizzle

Sorry, I didn't know that you can't give rep to member in invite giveaway. The one who gave me the invite (invite giveaway) told me to give him rep, so i asked this question. Thanx for the reply though!

anon
06-14-2011, 05:57 PM
You can only give rep on trades now. You're the first of many posts foretold to flood the forum, but it seems like a drizzle

The wave took longer and was less strong than I expected :ermm:

The one who gave me the invite (invite giveaway) told me to give him rep

Demanding rep points has never been allowed, even when the button was enabled for the giveaway section.

IdolEyes787
06-14-2011, 06:36 PM
The one who gave me the invite (invite giveaway) told me to give him rep

Demanding rep points has never been allowed, even when the button was enabled for the giveaway section.
You can demand all you want after the fact as it's no longer obligatory to receiving anything.

Evelyn
06-20-2011, 09:16 PM

Thats unfair, Utterly - buttery U-N-F-A-I-R
as in, future folks will call me trader where i haven't peeped in the trade section, not even a single time. Please take away my all reps :)

ca_aok
06-20-2011, 10:12 PM
Rep has always been trade fodder. Whenever I see a huge number of rep points I instantly distrust the person until proven otherwise (ironically it's supposed to be the other way around).

If I could get my one rep point removed, I would.

anon
06-20-2011, 10:54 PM
If I could get my one rep point removed, I would.

I once received a rep from someone with a barrage of unwarranted insults on the comment. Made a thread in the report section asking whether it was possible to delete it, and they did so in no time.

You can always choose to hide it in your user CP, too.

Cabalo
06-20-2011, 11:19 PM
Let's leave it as it is for now.
We're currently studying some possibilities that may give a new meaning to the rep, as in something desirable.

For example, mine is being shown, I have plenty and just one related to a giveaway and none for trading.

Night0wl
06-20-2011, 11:35 PM
The only way you can have "desirable" rep is having two (or three counting giveaways) different kinds of rep, where the bad rep is clearly marked "Trading rep", while the other could be something like "Post rep".

Post rep should also only be positive kinda like "liked". As another option the list of people who liked some posts should be shown and counted, which in turn could make for e.g. Top10 of the last 24 hours, week etc.

Cabalo
06-20-2011, 11:41 PM
The only way you can have "desirable" rep is having two (or three counting giveaways) different kinds of rep, where the bad rep is clearly marked "Trading rep", while the other could be something like "Post rep".

Post rep should also only be positive kinda like "liked". As another option the list of people who liked some posts should be shown and counted, which in turn could make for e.g. Top10 of the last 24 hours, week etc.
Precisely what is being discussed now, soon you will read more on this. ;)

IdolEyes787
06-21-2011, 12:04 AM
Please don't do that,I've been on other board with karma systems and they are inevitably abused .

Night0wl
06-21-2011, 12:25 AM
The thing I mentioned can't be abused that much. The abuse can be limited even more if you can't "like" more than 5-10 posts a day.

The abuse starts when negative rep and reputation power kick in. I remember years ago I lost like a 3/4 of my rep on Zeropaid in two three days from proving one of the established crowd, with lots of rep power, wrong. I would have ended up in the red if some other established member didn't side with me.. or rather against him.

Negative rep and reputation power makes some people afraid to post. And that's not good for any forum. Just watch the activity there now, compared to then.

mjmacky
06-21-2011, 01:32 AM
The thing I mentioned can't be abused that much. The abuse can be limited even more if you can't "like" more than 5-10 posts a day.

But what if I make 15-30 likeable posts in a day? What will happen is that so many are going to forget to come back and lick me that my tragic story will destroy the system the very next day.

But the other point is valid, negative rep in a non official capacity doesn't carry any weight. It works for Urbanspoon, Newegg, etc. But forums and XBOX Live, ineffectual if not completely pointless. Rather, I think it's a spite button, and I wouldn't mind carrying a heavy negative rep anyways. I could see it trending as a merit badge of sorts.

Cabalo
06-21-2011, 01:36 AM
Please don't do that,I've been on other board with karma systems and they are inevitably abused .
Not a karma system, negative rep isn't in the equation.
People don't abuse a system where they can only give positive rep, and only in certain sections.

IdolEyes787
06-21-2011, 02:15 AM
More or less this then.
I don't really see or understand the point of a quantitative reputation system. What about observation and asking around?

How someone feels about another member(ie their "reputation") is an individual thing determined by personal experience and shouldn't be subject to the whims of a bunch of forum hit and runners with no more insight into said individual past the ability to push a button.
If it comes down to that then I'm going to hire a bunch of chimps just so that I can appear to be well thought of.

Night0wl
06-21-2011, 02:42 AM
Picture yourself a forum, where every single one of those less than 10 letter, +1, me too, I agree, great post, he/she is right, pwn111 1111111 1111 post can be exchanged with [like].

You can't tell me you see no positives with that.

anon
06-21-2011, 03:04 AM
Picture yourself a forum, where every single one of those less than 10 letter, +1, me too, I agree, great post, he/she is right, pwn111 1111111 1111 post can be exchanged with [like].

You can't tell me you see no positives with that.

The idea is good, but in reality... good luck getting people to use the "like" button instead of posting such inane comments. :sly:

Idol: there are ways of deterring "rep cheating" if that's what you're talking about. It is possible to make reps from new users count little or nothing at all, and gradually increase the impact they have as they become active, limit the amount of rep a particular user can receive daily, or how often the same person can be repped. Those features are all inherent to the vB reputation system, which as far as I can see has been radically modified to work as "BT rep" in this forum.

superpagla
06-21-2011, 06:40 AM
@Cabalo, we can use 2 kinds of rep points. e.g. green rep for the invite and blue rep for the trade (don't use the red one). I also don't suggest the idea of negative rep. With two type of rep we can easily say who is a trader who is not. and (wow....look at that...The great superpagla is going to give a speech :lol:) Human nature is always a little bit competitive. The rep system will give the new members a will to participate more in FST chit-chat(forum talks).:lol:

Sorry I forgot about it....We must have to give a reason while we gave someone a rep point. It's for the rep abuse.......

Cabalo
06-21-2011, 12:17 PM
@Cabalo, we can use 2 kinds of rep points. e.g. green rep for the invite and blue rep for the trade (don't use the red one). I also don't suggest the idea of negative rep. With two type of re we can easily say who is a trader who is not. and (wow....look at that...The great superpagla is going to give a speech :lol:) Human nature is always a little bit competitive. The rep system will give the new members a will to participate more in FST chit-chat(forum talks).
Sorry I forgot abt it....We must have to give a reason while we gave someone a rep point. It's for the rep abuse......

That my is opinion...And you laugh/criticize it as long as u want :lol:.
That's another point worth mentioning.
In theory, there would be 2 kinds of rep, one for trading, and another one for those who are helpful to the community. There are also technical issues involved around the implementation of such mechanics, so I can't yet promise you anything.

anon
06-21-2011, 01:48 PM
(wow....look at that...The great superpagla is going to give a speech :lol:)

A constructive comment is a constructive comment. It doesn't matter who you are or how many posts you've made. :)

Perhaps you could use the standard vB rep system for helpful posts, and a hack like iTrader for the trading section (logically enough)? Current reps could be converted to positive iTrader feedback. I'm not familiar with the kind of work that goes into that, so I don't know if it's a practical solution, or even possible.

Stupid me, I'm forgetting the fact rep doesn't necessarily equal trading. I have a bunch of them and never traded anything. So do a lot of people here.

superpagla
06-22-2011, 06:27 PM
I still don't get the idea why FST stop the invite rep system. Trader actually trades...they do not sacrifice something they have. But when someone gives invite...they always know that they may gain nothing from this. But they may get banned for giving the invite to a bad user.
And some of them only expect that invited person may give him a rep point. But FST has stopped that system too...:(

I feel kind of a stupid...I just joined here. And FST members believed me within a short time....They gave me 2 invites( mjmacky & reddy) and I dont have anything to offer them. This feels kind of a stupid.

My request to Mods/Admins/Staffs, pls start the bt rep system again in the invite section. And to all...thnx for believing me...I'll try my best to help and support u guys...

ca_aok
06-22-2011, 06:43 PM
Umm, no.

I've given several invites here, and I've never wanted or needed rep from it. Rep makes you look like a trader, period.

If it's restructured so there's two types, then that's fine.

streetrider
06-26-2011, 12:59 AM
.....And some of them only expect that invited person may give him a rep point. But FST has stopped that system too...:(

...I feel kind of a stupid...I just joined here. And FST members believed me within a short time....They gave me 2 invites( mjmacky & reddy) and I dont have anything to offer them. This feels kind of a stupid....

Invites should be given for free (no strings attached). FST has done well by implementing this "Rep free" system.

And please don't feel that way (stupid). Yes, you've something to give back to your inviters, which is, you act responsibly, stay active and never jeopardize their position on those trackers you were invited to. IMHO, that would give them more joy and satisfaction than receiving a rep point :)

KFlint
07-18-2011, 08:45 PM
trashed, no more rep points in the invite section, please don't physically remove, just in case.