PDA

View Full Version : Asus Geforce 6200 video problems

Vamp
12-23-2006, 02:08 PM
My mom got a new PC with an Asus GF6200 on it. The problem is that no videos (MPG) seem to run! Windows Media Player just freezes with a "Connecting To Media" message at the bottom, and no other player will run videos.

With the drivers uninstalled, it works fine but with the drivers that came with the PC, newer drivers and older (from 6x.xx to 8x.xx - currently on 78.01) no videos will run! This is seriously starting to piss me off, so any help would be appreciated.

Update: Taking hardware acceleration down to about half seems to help, but wil lthis cause other problems?

Skillz808
12-24-2006, 07:46 AM
My mom got a new PC with an Asus GF6200 on it. The problem is that no videos (MPG) seem to run! Windows Media Player just freezes with a "Connecting To Media" message at the bottom, and no other player will run videos.

With the drivers uninstalled, it works fine but with the drivers that came with the PC, newer drivers and older (from 6x.xx to 8x.xx - currently on 78.01) no videos will run! This is seriously starting to piss me off, so any help would be appreciated.

Update: Taking hardware acceleration down to about half seems to help, but wil lthis cause other problems?

try some third party drivers like ngo or omega. google it.