PDA

View Full Version : DVD too big, how can I shrink it?

jnh91506
12-23-2006, 10:06 PM
Before I get flamed, I would like to let you folks know what program(s) I have used to try to make a copy of this DVD.

- DVD Decrypter (ripped it but the file is still too big)
- DVD Shrink (wont even rip it)

I tried to use the following programs to copy it.

- Nero
- DVD X Copy Platinum
- DVD Decrypter

All of them said the file is too big, would I like to continue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
jeff

Virtualbody1234
12-24-2006, 04:35 AM
What happens when you open it with DVD Shrink?

jnh91506
12-24-2006, 04:47 AM
I get an error stating

DVD Shrink encountered an error and cannot continue.
Failed to read the file "D:\"
Data error (cyclic redundancy check).

Skillz808
12-24-2006, 07:44 AM
I get an error stating

If you google dvd shrink and look for the site that says some like dvdshirnk.info or something it will tell you what to do when you get those errors but what i have done is ripped the whole film in dvd decrypter then used dvd shrink and opened the file in shrink and compressed as needed or if i wanted just to go thru dvd shrink directly sometimes anydvd will fix that problem because the error is sometimes caused by the encryption on the dvd.

goodluck

Virtualbody1234
12-24-2006, 08:53 AM
I get an error stating

Make sure the DVD is clean and isn't scratched.

Rip the whole DVD to your hard drive with DVD Decrypter and use DVD Shrink to open it from you hard drive.

If you still cannot open it with DVD Shrink from your hard drive then use FixVTS: http://download.videohelp.com/FixVTS/

jnh91506
12-24-2006, 07:33 PM
Ok I will give it a shot and see what happens

kurse
12-28-2006, 06:33 AM
I believe this is a copy-protection error. What is the name of the DVD? If it's from Sony Pictures, you have to use something to get over this. Like Anydvd or Ripit4me. I'd recommend Ripit4me. Download it and run it, pretty intuitive software. It will use DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink so that is good you already have those. Also download fixVTS like Virtualboy suggested. Use the "1-Click Mode" button on Ripit4me. You will know what I mean when you open it. Good luck to yah.

Some other things to consider:
Do you have enough room on your hardrive?

Oh and let us know how it goes.

Skiz
12-28-2006, 07:05 AM
I get an error stating

Make sure the DVD is clean and isn't scratched.

Rip the whole DVD to your hard drive with DVD Decrypter and use DVD Shrink to open it from you hard drive.

If you still cannot open it with DVD Shrink from your hard drive then use FixVTS: http://download.videohelp.com/FixVTS/

This is exactly what I would have said as well. This will work 95% of the time. I fit doesn't let us know, a re-authoring might be in order.

thewizeard
12-28-2006, 11:46 AM
..and if that doesn't work..you will need blueray ;)... all good advice , would have said the same except for the Ripit4me proggy, that is new for me.