PDA

View Full Version : Trusted trader points

peat moss
12-24-2006, 05:17 PM
Hey I like it , just noticed it beside my member name . Kinda made me feel all warm and fuzzy like . :D Its a good idea actually , as I felt quite honored that two people would vouch for me as I'm new to the Torrent's . :)

RealitY
12-24-2006, 06:08 PM
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/bittorrent-invites-section/t-member-reputation-formerly-trusted-traders-thread-144759

peat moss
12-24-2006, 07:19 PM
Ah crap sorry Reality but thats me , a day late and a dollar short . :sleep1:

Hey wait a minute it has its draw backs too I guess ? People who don't use Bit torrent clients but share programs or cracks in PM's or News Groups are just chumps ?

Don't have the answer but just seems unfair ? The old "You can't please all of the people all of the time" seems to crop up ? Not trying to start a pissing contest but just MHO .

clocker
12-25-2006, 12:41 AM
...Trading Rep and what does one do to earn it?

peat moss
12-25-2006, 12:45 AM
Oh god no, I asked then my post got deleted ! Waiting with baited breath for an answer kind mods . Thought I was on moderation ? Why don't you retrieve my post and go from there ?

peat moss
12-25-2006, 01:09 AM
Ah I don't want to cause trouble as its Xmas but just a question I had asked first , and to be honest I know the rules . "Don't question the mods when your post gets deleted ".

When you get a respected member asking a honest question why not just leave it ,warts and all ? Hmm the respected member was Clocker as my contribution seems to count for shit .

clocker
12-25-2006, 02:05 AM
WTF are you on about?
You asked this question and got banned?

I'm confuzzled.

peat moss
12-25-2006, 02:32 AM
Actually I asked an honest question like yours , sorry for the grief as it seems I stand alone ? My topic was deleted for what ever reason , and was glad for the opportunity to question it ?

You know what, the Mods can go fuck them selves as I stand here with no back up ,just my word ? And that's good enough for me .

RealitY
12-25-2006, 02:45 AM
Your post wasnt deleted. You made a post regarding the new setup. Then I linked you to the thread about it. Since your comment was about it and you now knew where the thread was it was merged. Thought you knew your post was moved but my g00f if I confused you and appoligizes for that. Would be fine if you want me to move it back with this though thought your input was better off in that thread. You know you reach me anytime if you want. Anyway heres the link about this...
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/bittorrent-invites-section/t-member-reputation-formerly-trusted-traders-thread-144759

tesco
12-25-2006, 04:39 AM
Your post wasnt deleted. You made a post regarding the new setup. Then I linked you to the thread about it. Since your comment was about it and you now knew where the thread was it was merged. Thought you knew your post was moved but my g00f if I confused you and appoligizes for that. Would be fine if you want me to move it back with this though thought your input was better off in that thread. You know you reach me anytime if you want. Anyway heres the link about this...
why merge it in the first place?:huh:
All that got you was anoother thread started about it.:lol:

RealitY
12-25-2006, 06:25 AM
why merge it in the first place?:huh:
All that got you was anoother thread started about it.:lol:
Guess you right and Im wacky so moved posts back. :unsure:
Just noticed manker gave me an infraction now... :O

peat moss
12-25-2006, 07:18 AM
All I can say is thank you , over 7000 posts and this is not one I'm proud of . Hell I'm not proud of most of them but I genuiely wanted to ask about the Trading Rep thing . Reality , I apologize as I really liked the idea but did n't explain it well ? your a better man than me Gunda Din .

RealitY
12-25-2006, 07:55 AM
Well didnt mean to throw you a curve thinking Ive become nutty deleting your posts.
Can well undersand how annoying that may have been though so my g00f on that...

S!X
12-25-2006, 09:32 AM
I was one of those people who hooked you up with a trade rep point peat :)

tesco
12-25-2006, 06:38 PM
I was one of those people who hooked you up with a trade rep point peat :)
me too.:)

Barbarossa
12-26-2006, 06:12 PM
Can you opt out :blink:

kittybewm
12-27-2006, 01:41 AM
I'm confused. I went to the link and it won't let me see it. Whats it all about???

GepperRankins
12-27-2006, 01:25 PM
the whole system is toal ghey. it can't represent how trust worthy a person is. it can't show if it's a RIAA mole trying to pin shit on that piggy site.

it doesn't mean anything to smart people and it tricks the not-so-smart people into thinking it's a worthy way to gauge whether to trust someone.

JPaul
12-27-2006, 01:54 PM
In fact, if you were from RIAA or whatever you would be just the sort of person who would make the effort to get a high rep.

GepperRankins
12-27-2006, 02:28 PM
you should really disable this until one has 300 posts in the lounge, a slot on two other users IM list and have spoken to them on the phone :smilie4:

MCHeshPants420
12-27-2006, 02:36 PM
At the moment everything seems to be targeted at those people who come here begging for invites to private trackers, sites who don't really want their invites traded on public sites.

What would be nice is if we could have a proper rep system for all the members, if someone had a good rep you could assume they were a decent egg and okay to trade with.

But yeah:

it doesn't mean anything to smart people and it tricks the not-so-smart people into thinking it's a worthy way to gauge whether to trust someone.

I'm going to feel safer trading/inviting a regular Lounge poster than any of the nubs who spend their days hoarding invites to over-rated trackers in the hopes of getting another green square.

JPaul
12-27-2006, 03:05 PM
What he said

MCHeshPants420
12-27-2006, 03:29 PM
And what happens if somebody makes 245 low key trades (or reps himself on the sly) and earns himself 200+ rep points and then starts being naughty to noobs? He'll get away with it for ages because he has a high rep and the noob will, presumably, have no rep.

You can't even take rep points away from people. Very flawed.

Cheese
12-27-2006, 07:50 PM
So, how do we get rid of these "Trading Rep: +2" under our names if we don't want them there?

We've all had a play around with the sytem, exposed its flaws and the admin have fixed a few problems but now I'd like the trading rep blemish removed from under my name please.

tesco
12-27-2006, 08:00 PM
So, how do we get rid of these "Trading Rep: +2" under our names if we don't want them there?

We've all had a play around with the sytem, exposed its flaws and the admin have fixed a few problems but now I'd like the trading rep blemish removed from under my name please.
Obviously you didn't even look.
Usercp -> edit options -> uncheck 'Show My Reputation Level':rolleyes:

Agrajag
12-27-2006, 08:09 PM
Cheers Ross, thanks for the info.

Can I rep you for being helpful.

Cheese
12-27-2006, 08:34 PM

I don't see that option there. :dabs:

Hairbautt
12-27-2006, 10:18 PM

I don't see that option there. :dabs:
I don't see it either, although I did notice the new height/width image size (don't dare tell me its been there:bleh:). Ya'll should have a newsletter for all the updates the board goes through...:wacko:

*And I second (or third) the post count as opposed to the trade rep.

RealitY
12-28-2006, 01:56 AM
Edit Options... (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/profile.php?do=editoptions)

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/1580/repopkr8.jpg

100%
12-28-2006, 02:16 AM
rep is like charisma, always visible or not.

REP=tor world only.trdrs merelly?why here?

tesco
12-28-2006, 02:33 AM
new option? :unsure:

RealitY
12-28-2006, 02:36 AM
new option? :unsure:
Well it wasnt enabled untill now...

Agrajag
12-28-2006, 12:30 PM
:lol:, you guys are big sillies.

MCHeshPants420
12-28-2006, 02:18 PM
Cheers for the new feature, I'm not sure I'll use it but cheers anyhow.

Agrajag
12-28-2006, 02:31 PM
Cheers for the new feature, I'm not sure I'll use it but cheers anyhow.

Oh you'll use it boy. Every time you trade an invite you'll be glad it's there.

TorrenTy
04-07-2007, 08:46 AM
Really good and brilliant idea .

new people can trust the " trusted logo trader "

as i would do when i would trade and share invite section .

thewizeard
04-07-2007, 12:32 PM
I think that these BitTorrent noobs should be made to wait at least 6 months before we consider them as "trusted" that way it gives time to access their characters to see if they can actually be trusted. I have seen noobs offering complete Power+ accounts with enormous buffers for trade...encouraging leeching and payment for file/sharing, which is against the very principles that FST was built upon... They spam all the forums too, trying to reach their necessary min_posts :(

peat moss
04-07-2007, 12:50 PM
Oh gad whats with some of the old threads being dug up ? I cringe every time I see that lil arrow beside the thread , knowing I posted there too .

I think yikes was I drunk , hemorrhoids bothering me ? :unsure: