PDA

View Full Version : not sure where this goes

bunny67
12-26-2006, 04:50 PM
time n time i have given free invites out n seen people trading them a few days later which really pisses me off maybe they not like the context but its still rude before taking free invite find out wot type of stuff is on the site n if ya not want then sme1 else can have it 4 free instead of all the freebies going n have to trade for smething sme1 got free,i dunno i think sme of them are just trying to get as many sites as they can likes trophies without even knowing or wanting to know anything about the site ....thanks for reading

torrentt
12-26-2006, 04:54 PM
maybe u should give them -1 in the reputation if that happens or something...
i don't think anything else can be done (and next time u offer something they will be in u'r black list)

bunny67
12-26-2006, 04:56 PM
i know that but getting it off my chest made me feel better

Panther
12-26-2006, 04:56 PM
yea, well, theres not much one could do about it... I guess what their thinking is getting as many less rated sites they can and then trade them in for something better than they actually want...

RealitY
12-26-2006, 05:36 PM
Weve thought about allowing negative reputation for those that have been members on the site for two months and have at least 25 posts. We could even add to that they need at least +5 on rep points. We had chosen against negative points since it appeared to have more drawbacks then good. Though its still a possiblity...

torrents4life
12-26-2006, 05:46 PM
reality thank you for policing this thread. all other trading threads are full of scammers, but there are next to none on this site. thanks

Fulanito
12-26-2006, 05:59 PM
me too it happened with pisexy...but what the hell not to much to do about it...

General2k
12-26-2006, 06:51 PM
The negative negative rep would be nice to have but need to have some requirements. The member for 2 months is good requirement as well as the +5 rep. There also needs to be some consequences for abusing the system as well.

ghurka
12-26-2006, 07:14 PM
Whilst not in the same league as scamming or cheating if you give away an invite to someone who then tries trading it instead of using it themselves they are playing with your reputation so if they end up giving it to a cheat, for example, the end result is the same as if you'd given it to the cheat yourself.

Something needs to be done but not sure about negative feedback. I'm sure that Reality would consider a warning or disabled priviliges if a report was made.

bunny67
12-26-2006, 07:18 PM
Whilst not in the same league as scamming or cheating if you give away an invite to someone who then tries trading it instead of using it themselves they are playing with your reputation so if they end up giving it to a cheat, for example, the end result is the same as if you'd given it to the cheat yourself.

Something needs to be done but not sure about negative feedback. I'm sure that Reality would consider a warning or disabled priviliges if a report was made.my point:)

RealitY
12-26-2006, 07:20 PM
reality thank you for policing this thread. all other trading threads are full of scammers, but there are next to none on this site. thanks
Guessing your reffering to other sites being full of scammers if I got that right...

kavalchuk17
12-26-2006, 07:24 PM
Guessing your reffering to other sites being full of scammers if I got that right...

Haha, i just got that :lol:

pECi
12-26-2006, 11:41 PM
i always had the opinion that if u receive something for free here u must give it for free also...or build up the acc and trade the invites but not the account...it's common sense

torrents4life
12-27-2006, 12:03 AM
lol you know what i meant

Nemesis®
12-27-2006, 12:16 AM
I have to agree shamong passing on an invite like that sux for the inviter because you will pay for it if they're lamers not the go betweens. I've been seeing some of it lately myself as soon as they got it they were trading it for something else.
It's a complete form of disrespect to you on top of the extra risk to your name. :dabs: It would be a pain to do but shit lists work nicely on IRC you may have to keep one of your own to weed out these little careless people who give zero thought to others generosity. It wouldn't be auto enforceable like IRC but will give peace of mind.

On a side note if a respected member chose they didn't like the site and were to take the precautions of checking out the one who the secondary invite is going to I may give leway beings most know the risks unlike those who could care less who gets it.

A negative section should be added to the rep to help in this area but it will also have to be watched beings there will be those who abuse it like anything else.

Buggyme
12-27-2006, 12:50 AM
time n time i have given free invites out n seen people trading them a few days later which really pisses me off maybe they not like the context but its still rude before taking free invite find out wot type of stuff is on the site n if ya not want then sme1 else can have it 4 free instead of all the freebies going n have to trade for smething sme1 got free,i dunno i think sme of them are just trying to get as many sites as they can likes trophies without even knowing or wanting to know anything about the site ....thanks for reading

yeah, i hate those people...

Panther
12-27-2006, 01:31 AM
so you guys think we should make a shitlist? downside to it is its easy to abuse for sertain people...

Buggyme
12-27-2006, 01:33 AM
blah, just look at the trusted traders thread or the new trading rep thing, i should say :P

Ac3Dunk
12-27-2006, 03:27 AM
I think its a good idea to post a shitlist bc some members here are frnds or they have a good relationship so they add points for each others.when i want to trade i make sure thats the person how im willing to trade with him shud be a member for more than 2 months and so active have some 4 ranked site at least or he shud go first :dry: . just my 2 cents :unsure:

Detale
12-27-2006, 04:26 AM
@ deff we should have a 5hitlist because unfortunatly some members will trade fine but then cheat once they get into the site and some sites like oink will ban you if someone you invite is caught cheating or breaks the rules. yeah sure people add points just because they are friends, its the way of the world im affraid.

poltergeist
12-27-2006, 01:56 PM
I gave invites for free and users got banned after a few hours.
Because these a**holes tried to cheat.
Now i will not give anything for free in public.

Nemesis®
12-27-2006, 11:58 PM
I gave invites for free and users got banned after a few hours.
Because these a**holes tried to cheat.
Now i will not give anything for free in public.

I don't blame you man, I despise cheaters especially the ones who disrespect those who help them out with freebies :angry:
when it's so dam easy to gain good ratio without downloading much at all or just grab file files to seed from the 50 thousand full leech axxs points across the net, build up a good ratio for the times when you really need it. With the holidays double up freeleech everwhere there is no excuse!!

All those whiners saying "I got lousy speeds, lousy ISP etc etc" Evidently you completely missed the days of transfering 600+mb iSO CD over Dial UP cough cough @ 2KBs :whistling and 2KBs were the good days luckily DVDs weren't a wide spread thing although I did a few, took a few weeks

After all it's only your computers and connection that are doing the work, set it and forget it move onto to real life tasks, come back and surprise got lots a ratio. Using torrents to feed your downloads is completely unneeded unless of course your not dealing in scene files then you're on your own :P

I don't touch NON scene stuff to much BS!!!!