PDA

View Full Version : rss reader for pda

vivitron 15
12-27-2006, 12:09 PM
I've recently got a pda, and would like to have it sync the news overnight, whilst at home (wlan for free) so that i can take it with me to work, and read the stories at my leisure.

I've grabbed a couple of pieces of software, which do what i need, and they get the rss feed. the only problem is that the bbc site only publishes a summary of the story on the rss feed, and in order to get the rest, you have to visit the website...now this is ok when im still at home, but annoying when out and about.

So, has anyone used an rss reader for a pda which will allow you to download not only the feed, but also the extended text (the feed includes the url to the full page)?

vivitron 15
12-28-2006, 01:03 AM
after much sampling of different programs, i have found Spb insight (http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/products/insight/?en) which seems to fulfill everything i would like it to do. The only thing which seems missing is the ability to "auto update every x minutes" when connected. also, i would prefer a free app (since im a tight arse)

any suggestions?