PDA

View Full Version : ...full of mentals

MCHeshPants420
12-27-2006, 01:05 PM
I read this and got the impression the poster was on the edge of hysteria:

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/bittorrent-invites-section/t-the-most-intelligent-scam-year-the-guy-ruined-my-day-busted-145391

I couldn't quite follow what was going on but whatever it was is worse than having your mother anally raped whilst someone pours sugar in your car engine.

Alien5
12-27-2006, 01:07 PM
(The Scam of The Year)

MCHeshPants420
12-27-2006, 01:10 PM
(The Scam of The Year)

Erm:

The Most intelligent Scam of The year (The guy who ruined my day is busted)

Surely a "Scam of The Year" would have ruined more than one day?

And, if it is such an intelligent scam, how come it was busted by someone who capitalizes "the" in the middle of sentence?

JPaul
12-27-2006, 01:11 PM
My immediate reaction is, "so fuck". Why would somebody become so mental about an interweb filesharing account.

And also, isn't that the point of knowing the person you are giving the account to, or getting it from. You trust them and they won't rip you off.

Trader Rep ftw, my arse.

JPaul
12-27-2006, 01:12 PM
:lol:

Your trading rep is +6

GepperRankins
12-27-2006, 01:12 PM
:dabs: there's an entire group of wreglar users i've never seen

MCHeshPants420
12-27-2006, 01:17 PM

Your trading rep is +6

I think if I get repped again it will drop back to +1, Reality or someone keeps removing my reps. :dabs:

Alien5
12-27-2006, 01:19 PM
you feel very strongly about him feeling very strongly about him.... :unsure:

JPaul
12-27-2006, 01:25 PM

Your trading rep is +6

I think if I get repped again it will drop back to +1, Reality or someone keeps removing my reps. :dabs:

I got all mine removed as well.

I think it's because we abused the system by just giving them for posting, rather than for trading BT invites.

It's important not to abuse the system, in order to prevent things like The Intelligent Scam Of The Eon happening.

Have I ever mentioned that I think trading invites for private BT trackers, with strangers, is appaling behaviour and will lead to the BT system being flushed down the toilet, because it is exactly what .... oh never mind.

MCHeshPants420
12-27-2006, 01:34 PM
Have I ever mentioned that I think trading invites for private BT trackers, with strangers, is appaling behaviour and will lead to the BT system being flushed down the toilet, because it is exactly what .... oh never mind.

That's pretty much how I feel about the matter.

The whole collecting invites thing reminds me of collecting football stickers when I was a kid or the pokemon cards my kid brother used to collect. You only want that sticker/card/invite because you don't have it in your collection yet. Pathetic.

JPaul
12-27-2006, 01:41 PM
It really is a bit mental.

If it's about filesharing, which it is, then why do you need all these accounts. I download anything I want, as quickly as I want. I upload at full speed whenever the PC is on, which is pretty much all of the time.

It gets to the stage where it's not about filesharing, it's about having accounts. Reminds me of the GMail thing, remember everyone going mental about that. Then we started giving them away ... for nothing :O

Maybe it's just that I'm comfortable with the size of my penis (small to medium) and have had full sex several times, but I just don't see the point.

Oh and it breaks the rules on a large number of private trackers, which kind of reduces my sympathy factor.

Alien5
12-27-2006, 02:10 PM
heres my opinion of bit torrent private sites.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

why ratio? mostly the new members get asked ( via PM from staff) to increase their ratio (do it or face a warning/ban whatever)

this method tries to make the user feel small/bad - they increase ratio ( maybe because they want to stay a member) - that makes them feel better and they get used to using the site (or they just get kicked out eventually for not following the rules), they enjoy being part of a community post in the forums, make friends in the IRC and Donate to the site or sites they like using the most.

keeping a good ratio is'nt hard to do, enjoying trading bit torrent invites is just a sad as enjoying posting in forums about nonsense everyday, i like them both but im not obsessed with either of them...but i am obsessed with torrents and posting nonsense in forums not so much IRC, IRC is ghey. :emo:

JPaul
12-27-2006, 02:14 PM

why ratio? mostly the new members get asked ( via PM from staff) to increase their ratio (do it or face a warning/ban whatever)

this method tries to make the user feel small/bad - they increase ratio ( maybe because they want to stay a member) - that makes them feel better and they get used to using the site (or they just get kicked out eventually for not following the rules), they enjoy being part of a community post in the forums, make friends in the IRC and Donate to the site or sites they like using the most.

keeping a good ratio is'nt hard to do, enjoying trading bit torrent invites is just a sad as enjoying posting in forums about nonsense everyday, i like them both but im not obsessed with either of them...but i am obsessed with torrents and posting nonsense in forums not so much IRC, IRC is ghey. :emo:

Not one word.

Alien5
12-27-2006, 02:15 PM
ratio :lol:

MCHeshPants420
12-27-2006, 02:28 PM
enjoying trading bit torrent invites is just a sad as enjoying posting in forums about nonsense everyday

Not really. One is talking in the pub with your mates, the other is trying to get a VIP pass for every night club in town for just yourself. :dabs:

GepperRankins
12-27-2006, 02:33 PM

:dabs: trading invites is a security risk. look at the history of BT sites. public sites die so much faster than private sites, simply because if an invite system is used properly it's harder to pin specifics on a host.

Alien5
12-27-2006, 02:38 PM
enjoying trading bit torrent invites is just a sad as enjoying posting in forums about nonsense everyday

Not really. One is talking in the pub with your mates, the other is trying to get a VIP pass for every night club in town for just yourself. :dabs:

not all invite traders are keeping the invites or accounts for themselves as in the bubblegum card trading example thingy :shifty:

:dabs: trading invites is a security risk. look at the history of BT sites. public sites die so much faster than private sites, simply because if an invite system is used properly it's harder to pin specifics on a host.

you are right it is a securty risk, but opening up your private site to every tom dick or harry on the internet for various reasons *cough* Donate here *cough* is also a security risk, no system is 100% fool proof, you always will have invite/account trading, i just accept it and carry on, if the site wants to stop it happening then they can if they want to. its a toss up between having lots of invites available, and having a strict no-invites available rule, both ways have pros and cons.

i wouldnt feel so sorry for the private site owner, they are in the torrent game and everyone involved is playing their own part even the scamers and traders. do we need interned police or something? what would be a good way to combat the evil cheating invite trading scum? :P

MCHeshPants420
12-27-2006, 02:49 PM
you are right it is a securty risk, but opening up your private site to every tom dick or harry on the internet for various reasons *cough* Donate here *cough* is also a security risk.

Increasing traffic to your forum by having a section devoted to trading invites to independent trackers is just the same as "opening up your private site to every tom dick or harry on the internet". Except it's not your private site to open up, but you do it anyhow to get more hits for ads. :dabs:

JPaul
12-27-2006, 02:50 PM
I have never donated to a BT tracker, private or public. It does not prevent me from using them, participating in filesharing with people who have similar tastes to mine.

I object to others trading invites to these sites as it raises the likelihood that they will be closed, or that their members / owners will be prosecuted for filesharing. With the only reason being that people want to have loads of accounts.

It's just selfish, pointless madness.

MCHeshPants420
12-27-2006, 02:53 PM
Speaking of which, I got a Torrentleech account that I was after recently but they didn't have the file I wanted after all. If anyone wants the account, is someone I know and doesn't mind having the username "Withcheese" then they can have the account. Just post you interest in this thread.

At the moment it is a completely fresh account, nothing downloaded, nothing uploaded.

Alien5
12-27-2006, 02:57 PM
I have never donated to a BT tracker, private or public. It does not prevent me from using them, participating in filesharing with people who have similar tastes to mine.

I object to others trading invites to these sites as it raises the likelihood that they will be closed, or that their members / owners will be prosecuted for filesharing. With the only reason being that people want to have loads of accounts.

It's just selfish, pointless madness. a bit like life it's selfish pointless madness i spose :emo:

JPaul
12-27-2006, 02:59 PM
You could use it to scam someone in the BT invite section. You could probably get a pony, or a small car for that.

Alien5
12-27-2006, 03:01 PM
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/bittorrent/t-should-invites-private-torrent-sites-traded-143470

i made this thread but it wasnt very popular at the time due to FST being full of invite trading scum. :lol:

i agree that trading invites could be bad for the small private sites, but its also very useful for the sites that are'nt doing to well, that need a popularity boost. :smilie4:

JPaul
12-27-2006, 03:02 PM

It's just selfish, pointless madness. a bit like life it's selfish pointless madness i spose :emo:

Speak for yourself, my life is nothing like that.

Point in question. A mate of mine gave me two guitars as he knew I wanted to teach my daughter and having two the same (but one 3/4 size) would make it easier. He wouldn't even have considered taking anything for it.

That's what life's about mate. Friends dong stuff for each other, no questions or thought of reward.

MCHeshPants420
12-27-2006, 03:08 PM
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/bittorrent/t-should-invites-private-torrent-sites-traded-143470

i made this thread but it wasnt very popular at the time due to FST being full of invite trading scum. :lol:

i agree that trading invites could be bad for the small private sites, but its also very useful for the sites that are'nt doing to well, that need a popularity boost. :smilie4:

Then it should be up to the tracker. If a private tracker forbids trading invites on a public forum then we should, in all good conscience, stop any public trading of those invites on this forum.

JPaul
12-27-2006, 03:16 PM
It's ironic when people doing it get all sniffy when they get scammed.

Then threaten to tell the board they are abusing, even tho' they themselves know they will get their other account disabled.

Poor you.

Alien5
12-27-2006, 03:19 PM
a bit like life it's selfish pointless madness i spose :emo:

Point in question. A mate of mine gave me two guitars as he knew I wanted to teach my daughter and having two the same (but one 3/4 size) would make it easier. He wouldn't even have considered taking anything for it.

That's what life's about mate. Friends dong stuff for each other, no questions or thought of reward.

but if those guitars were invites, would you have thought, wait a minute... :unsure: whats the catch? ive given away plenty of free guitars before to friends ive met on FST, and they say to me "whats the catch" it's very hard to explain to them that there is no catch - so i usually except an invite in return. :D

Alien5
12-27-2006, 03:22 PM

Then it should be up to the tracker. If a private tracker forbids trading invites on a public forum then we should, in all good conscience, stop any public trading of those invites on this forum.

yes and it makes the invite/account worth a lot more to the traders and some users still find ways around it.

MCHeshPants420
12-27-2006, 03:24 PM

yes and it makes the invite/account worth a lot more to the traders and some users still find ways around it.

So really, this board should shut down the invites section for the good of the torrenting community.

JPaul
12-27-2006, 03:26 PM

but if those guitars were invites, would you have thought, wait a minute... :unsure: whats the catch? ive given away plenty of free guitars before to friends ive met on FST, and they say to me "whats the catch" it's very hard to explain to them that there is no catch - so i usually except an invite in return. :D

If they were friends they wouldn't say "what's the catch" they would know there wasn't one. That's kind of the point.

Alien5
12-27-2006, 03:29 PM
i want the invite section to stay but some would agree that it needs to go,it has been rather abused at times, the scammers are the enemy of the FST traders who are the enemy of the BT staff community who are the enemy of the R*** and M*** who are cunts. :lol:

Alien5
12-27-2006, 03:33 PM

If they were friends they wouldn't say "what's the catch" they would know there wasn't one. That's kind of the point. I know, good point, most friends i know already are members - which leaves a lot of unsuitable people, hundreds of new users with no ratio proof...nothing, not even a demonoid invite to their name, wanting to join the highly saught after holy grail of torrent sites, who trawl for invites in FST invite section. :wacko:

JPaul
12-27-2006, 03:37 PM
What is the Holy Grail of invites, is there one.

What site do these people really want to get an invite to.

Alien5
12-27-2006, 03:40 PM
im afraid i cannot even mention it here in such a public place... :lol:http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/history/topic/117750-1.html

there are a few of them about, i wouldnt like to mention them, im sure you have seen loadsa threads here talking about the sites with ****'s covering the names to hide the urls.

MCHeshPants420
12-27-2006, 03:45 PM
Sct?

Alien5
12-27-2006, 03:54 PM
What is the Holy Grail of invites, is there one.

What site do these people really want to get an invite to.

yes there are some that are nearly impossible to find :stars: thats why FST invite trading thread is such a traders/scammers paradise. isnt that ironic that private sites, some with no invite system are creating a demand for account trading which is the one thing they are trying to eradicate. :wacko:

Alien5
12-27-2006, 04:36 PM
Sct? yes its almost impossible to find...thats what the kiddies want.

Agrajag
12-27-2006, 04:48 PM
So http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Scene is where all the kewl kids hang out.

Alien5
12-27-2006, 04:51 PM
yes and all the kids who want to be cool hang out in FST.

Agrajag
12-27-2006, 05:12 PM
What do they do when they eventually get invited to these places.

Alien5
12-27-2006, 05:30 PM
:unsure:

MCHeshPants420
12-27-2006, 05:32 PM
What do they do when they eventually get invited to these places.

Realize that one well-run tracker is pretty much the same as another, capable of providing the exact same content as each other at near enough the same wait time?

The way some people go on begging for invites/accounts you'd think these sites were offering films and shows that haven't even been released yet. Maybe they are, maybe you get a free blowjob with every download, all the greener grass you can smoke and a free pair of platform shoes to help you look down on everyone else.

Alien5
12-27-2006, 05:47 PM
the wait time has been designed to make you upload before downloading a lot and leave, and create a new account. they would also like you to clear the wait time by paying for your upload credit. i wont name them, you can tell by the huge advertisements on the site asking for your donations and competitions.

there are lots of some well-run trackers providing the same content, thats correct, i just think some of the torrent sites want to give invites away to anybody to get more members so that they donate more, im repeating myself again :( some sites are a bit more careful and strict with the whole invite system and want to remain a small hard to find, hard to join etc.

A person may become a recluse for many reasons: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recluse

MCHeshPants420
12-27-2006, 05:53 PM
the wait time has nothing to do with it - its just been designed to make you upload before downloading a lot and leave, and create a new account. they would also like you to clear the wait time by paying for your upload credit. i wont name them, you can tell by the huge advertisements on the site.

I was talking about the wait time it takes for something to get on a tracker after it has shown on TV for instance.

But if some of these trackers are in it for profit then we should boycott them by refusing to have an invites section on our board, I'd delete the section right away if Rookie left me the forum in his will. Though, I guess, the next time the MPAA or its like go after torrent sites they'll be the first in line for a takedown.

Agrajag
12-27-2006, 05:58 PM
Rest assured that's what's going to happen. The BT system will be destroyed and we will have played our part in it.

Alien5
12-27-2006, 06:15 PM
the wait time has nothing to do with it - its just been designed to make you upload before downloading a lot and leave, and create a new account. they would also like you to clear the wait time by paying for your upload credit. i wont name them, you can tell by the huge advertisements on the site.

I was talking about the wait time it takes for something to get on a tracker after it has shown on TV for instance.

But if some of these trackers are in it for profit then we should boycott them you cant by refusing to have an invites section on our board, I'd delete the section right away if Rookie left me the forum in his will. Though, I guess, the next time the MPAA or its like go after torrent sites they'll be the first in line for a takedown.

the pre time: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pre_Channel
the time its released.....then later uploaded on to P2P.

a lot of the sites survive on donations, im just saying that there are different types of private tracker some are on the public end of the scale advertising in the site, wait times, big donate buttons, competitions, spam pms etc.

this site needs money to survive and im sure staff here might or might not deserve a pay rise but it's still a nice site.

bit torrent is just cool at the moment
next week something else will be cool.. like my old platforms or something. :unsure:

Jagarga
12-28-2006, 12:37 AM
SCeneTorrents?

Alien5
12-28-2006, 12:42 AM
SCeneTorrents? have you googled?

MCHeshPants420
12-28-2006, 01:11 AM
SCeneTorrents? have you googled?

Is FTWR one of these super secret trackers then? Judging by the site (http://disney.com)it looks like an Aids Research company.

Alien5
12-28-2006, 01:32 AM
it might be...are you are asking what its like? and judging it from the outside? thats strange...
it has some wacky torrents of an unusual nature - nothing aids related in there.

Snee
12-28-2006, 03:40 PM
I think it's because we abused the system by just giving them for posting, rather than for trading BT invites.

:O You did!?!

Why, personally I'd nevar do anything as wrong as that.

Agrajag
12-28-2006, 03:48 PM

:O You did!?!

Why, personally I'd nevar do anything as wrong as that.

I think everyone knows it was inadverte a mistake, like.