PDA

View Full Version : Who had the best all-around game in the history of the NBA

j2k4
12-27-2006, 10:15 PM
I'll start with Oscar, and mention Magic (could play D when he wanted to, and early on had the energy to do everything for 48 minutes).

Probably two of the smartest players, ever.

Bird gets a mention as well.

Jordan will be discussed throughout this thread, I'm sure, but he was different, and we all know that.

Most unstoppable ever was Chamberlain; could go to sleep at the jump and drop 60 or 70 on anybody, anytime.

Averaged 50+ points, 25+ rebounds, and over 48 minutes per game in 1962.

Best little man was Isaiah, I think.

Lots of other people I loved to watch play ball, but that can wait, too.

masterpo
12-31-2006, 04:58 PM
If your going to have go with someone in today's game, I guess it would have to be Duncan and Kobe.

Kobe is the closest thing to having to the most non flawed game, the guy can do just about anything. Now if he can only win without Shaq, the guy can be mentioned in the same sentence with the greatest ever.
Duncan is just a fundamental god and he flat out knows how to play the game. With today, not many big men are dominant like the past, which is a shame.
Best little man, I'm gonna have to go with Nash. He passes with the greatest like Stockton and can flat out score if he wants to.

j2k4
12-31-2006, 05:45 PM
If your going to have go with someone in today's game, I guess it would have to be Duncan and Kobe.

Kobe is the closest thing to having to the most non flawed game, the guy can do just about anything. Now if he can only win without Shaq, the guy can be mentioned in the same sentence with the greatest ever.
Duncan is just a fundamental god and he flat out knows how to play the game. With today, not many big men are dominant like the past, which is a shame.
Best little man, I'm gonna have to go with Nash. He passes with the greatest like Stockton and can flat out score if he wants to.

I can go with Duncan, of today's players.

Something as simple as moving without the ball...he gets more done without the rock than most others do with it.