PDA

View Full Version : Wii or 360?

maebach
12-28-2006, 09:52 PM
Need some advice, might get a 360 within the next few days, and I dont want to regret it. Advice?

oh and I dont have a HDTV, yet.

cpt_azad
12-28-2006, 10:01 PM
Then get the Wii.

If you don't have HD, then a 360 is a waste of money. It only looks good (the games in) 720p+.

But one thing though that I noticed, the only 360 game that doesnt look like crap (as in it doesnt look like a game being played on say a normal xbox) is Gears of War, it looks pretty freakin good in 480.

But you'd be missing out on a lot since you dont' have an HDTV, I'd say go with Wii for now.

maebach
12-28-2006, 10:11 PM
Id have to wait for the wii, because they're sold out everywhere. and the 360 I can price match and get for about 390+tax CAD. ANd the 360 comes with GRAW and ARcade. Im not desperate for a system, but I dont know if I can wait weeks or months for available Wiis.

Ive found Wiis on BST sites, and they're going for around $420, for just the system. THen I have to find the nunchucks, and buy another remote + nunchuk.

Busyman™
12-28-2006, 10:24 PM
Id have to wait for the wii, because they're sold out everywhere. and the 360 I can price match and get for about 390+tax CAD. ANd the 360 comes with GRAW and ARcade. Im not desperate for a system, but I dont know if I can wait weeks or months for available Wiis.

Ive found Wiis on BST sites, and they're going for around $420, for just the system. THen I have to find the nunchucks, and buy another remote + nunchuk.

Get a 360. It will/does have more good games for it.

Once you finish your Wii workout you'll find that you really have a Gamecube.

maebach
12-28-2006, 11:13 PM

Really? My main games Im going to paly are soccer, basketball and a few shooters. Im not sure how their gonna work out soccer and bball games for the Wii, and I dont want to spend money on buying 3 different types of controllers.

I was sooo dissappointed in the NGC, for not having many mature games, I just dont want the same dissappointment with the Wii. Ive played Zelda, and it was great, but I still cant take Nintendo seriously. Everyone I kow with the Wii is soooo happy with it though.

GepperRankins
12-29-2006, 02:49 AM
i played zelda for nine hours straight today. it pwnses and i reckon i'll play it a lot longer than my 360s best game (gears of war). once it's completed i'll be on my 360 more again though. it's a good few months before another decent game reaches wii.

soooo. get a wii as a second console. if your PC isn't up to date, don't even think, just buy a 360

Busyman™
12-29-2006, 02:57 AM

Really? My main games Im going to paly are soccer, basketball and a few shooters. Im not sure how their gonna work out soccer and bball games for the Wii, and I dont want to spend money on buying 3 different types of controllers.

I was sooo dissappointed in the NGC, for not having many mature games, I just dont want the same dissappointment with the Wii. Ive played Zelda, and it was great, but I still cant take Nintendo seriously. Everyone I kow with the Wii is soooo happy with it though.

Zelda is great but if you wanna play sports games, I'd recommend a more visually impressive game system and the Wii doesn't cut it.

Playing sports games by really "working out" on the Wii to play them could be quite fun but ultimately that's a novelty. If you've used to the Eyetoy on the PS2 you see what I mean. It's fun...but not all the fucking time (or even most of the time actually).

Get your system for the next-gen in graphics and a lot of good games to take advantage of it and not simply a next-gen controller and just a mere handful of games that are clearly last-gen.

BrolyBoo
12-29-2006, 03:01 AM
Ok

Let's see here

I really think that you should buy a nintendo wii, i honestly think you'll be happier with it, and you'll enjoy it more. If you want like a hardcore gaming system, go for the xbox 360. But, if you want a system where you can play fun games, and have great games like zelda ( best game out for wii btw) then get the wii

Busyman™
12-29-2006, 03:18 AM
Ok

Let's see here

I really think that you should buy a nintendo wii, i honestly think you'll be happier with it, and you'll enjoy it more. If you want like a hardcore gaming system, go for the xbox 360. But, if you want a system where you can play fun games, and have great games like zelda ( best game out for wii btw) then get the wii

Question

How often are you really gonna wanna Wiimote games?

How many more good games besides Zelda will the Wii have?

Metroid is an acquired taste, Super Smash is gonna be great and then there's the obligatory Mario.

I'd like to know if anyone here has a kickass Gamecube library.

If so, what games do you have?

The mileage that I got out of my PS2 and Xbox makes the overall extra money those systems cost worth more than the Gamecube. Fortunately I didn't buy the GC or I'd be pissed about a shitty investment.

BrolyBoo
12-29-2006, 03:22 AM
Ok

Let's see here

Question

Metroid is an acquired taste, Super Smash is gonna be great and then there's the obligatory Mario.

The mileage that I got out of my PS2 and Xbox makes the overall extra money those systems cost worth more than the Gamecube. Fortunately I didn't buy the GC or I'd be pissed about a shitty investment.

You shoulda really numbered that shit

1. Every game is a Wiimote game, you use the Wiimote
2. Plenty, Zelda's just a start

I enjoy my gamecube games alot, and i still play it ( i dont feel like listing all of that shit over here, ill do it later)

GepperRankins
12-29-2006, 03:26 AM
don't diss teh wiimote 'til you've played CoD for long enough to get over flinching and spazzing out :snooty:

i've completed it and replayed a few levels. i thought CoD was weak on the 360 but the minigames and even shooting mechanics suggest that the wiimote beats mouse or joypad :smilie4:

btw, you're not still holding it out like a pistol are you? :mellow:

maebach
12-29-2006, 03:28 AM
Im not sure how Wii is gonna play fifa games or basketball games. If they expect for us to buy the controllers, then that sucks. I usually have friends over and stuff, and spending extra money on remotes, nunchuks, and the controller is gonna suck. The best thing about NGC, for me, was RE4 and SUper Smash Bros. But those 2 games were just amazing. Nintendo makes really good party games too, and Im always gonna have people over.

BrolyBoo
12-29-2006, 03:29 AM
nah, they wont probably make you buy more controllers, it would probably come with it

comon guys, this is nintendo after all

Busyman™
12-29-2006, 03:40 AM
Question

You shoulda really numbered that shit

1. Every game is a Wiimote game, you use the Wiimote
2. Plenty, Zelda's just a start

I enjoy my gamecube games alot, and i still play it ( i dont feel like listing all of that shit over here, ill do it later)

Zelda is a GC game bumped up to the Wii. As a matter of fact, I think Zelda is for the GC as well.:blink:

You are one of very few that I know that have a lot of GC games and enjoy them.
When you get the chance, tell which ones you have.

Off the top of my head, I have

RE0
RE
RE4
Super Mario Sunshine
both Metroids
Super Smash Bros Melee
Fairly Oddparents (it was $1...for the kid mang)
Zelda WindWaker
Zelda Ocarina Master Quest
Luigi's Mansion
Animal Crossing
Pikmin

That's all I can think of right now. At least back then the GC had kickass graphics for that time. Now I get a special light gun instead.

So all multiplatform games are not worth buying on the Wii since it's like buying it on the GC.

Splinter Cell Double Agent? Ok now I guess what'll set the Wii version apart from 360 and PS3 versions is shittier graphics and a hand motion for snapping someone's neck.

Do you have an Xbox or PS2?

I guess your recommendation is great if the person doesn't plan on buying a shitload of games.

One note. The 360 already has a modchip that allows you to play backups.

Celerystalksme
01-01-2007, 12:14 PM
Reasons To Own A Wii:

1. WiiSports
2. WiiPlay (im in Australia so we got that game at launch)
3. Zelda TP (all kinds of awesomeness)
4. Warioware is out this month (its the only game you need this month)
5. Gunstar Heroes on Virtual Console (The most fun i ever had in gaming)
6. Virtual Console Games in general (I have 4 of them and they all are great Sonic, Mario 64, Donkey Kong County & Gunstar Heroes).

I love my Wii and it is something different considering i have the original xbox with a huge library (all bought...none downloaded) and no HDTV. Nintendo is one company that i will never illegally obtain games for, they've made some of the best games of all time and kept me entertained for 17 years. I have to repay them somehow.

But yeah, 360 has the library at the moment but its all still MOSTLY same old, same old. I do like the look of Viva Pinata and Gears Of War tho, but its not enough for me to fork out $600AUS for. Especially seeing the Wii was $400AUS.

maebach
01-02-2007, 05:40 PM
well, I bought the 360, It was about $450 CAD with taxzes. I tried looking for a Wii, but couldnt find one anywhere. The 360 is cool though, I stream music/pictures/movies from my PC. And Xbox live is great too. Maybe I'll regret it after, but right now its cool.

thanks for your help guys.

AFter reading Celerystalksme's post, Im somewhat want a Wii now :\

NRGFreak
01-02-2007, 06:24 PM
It depends on what kind of games you play... (basically game lineup). However, Xbox is a lot more powerful then wii (graphics wise).

Busyman
01-02-2007, 07:58 PM
well, I bought the 360, It was about $450 CAD with taxzes. I tried looking for a Wii, but couldnt find one anywhere. The 360 is cool though, I stream music/pictures/movies from my PC. And Xbox live is great too. Maybe I'll regret it after, but right now its cool.

Celery sounds like a fanboy though.

I mean he cited the Virtual Console as a reason to get a Wii.

They are just old emulated games that you've probably played on the PC.

While Zelda is great, the other games (so far) wear off unless you're in a party situation.

If you wanna check out another 360 game get Lost Planet: Extreme Condition. It comes out on the 12th in the States.

saunderez
01-02-2007, 09:41 PM
I've got both a Wii and a 360, and after the intial excitement of Twilight Princess died down (basically as soon as I finished it) it hasn't really been played since, except for some Cube titles I've always wanted to play.

My 360 on the other hand gets almost daily play, and seeing the lineup for the next few months, the poor Wii doesn't look like its going to get a whole lot of play for the time being.

P.S. Bring Trauma Center to Australia goddammit!!!

Celerystalksme
01-05-2007, 02:50 AM

While Zelda is great, the other games (so far) wear off unless you're in a party situation.

If you wanna check out another 360 game get Lost Planet: Extreme Condition. It comes out on the 12th in the States.

How the f**k am i a fanboy?

I had an xbox before a gamecube last generation and before that generation i didnt own a console because i was a PC gamer. I am only stating my love for the console i own which is the reason i got one. Just because someone disagree's with you doesn't mean they are a fanboy ffs.

I was just playing Madden 07 then on the Wii and even though they are just above gamecube graphics (the whole gameplay over graphics situation will no doubt arise) its really fun and gives a lot more satisfaction when you make a big hit or throw a hail mary because you are actually making the motions.

The 360 and Wii are totally different machines, which is why so many people have both a 360 and a Wii (PS3 hasn't launched in Oz yet, so i cant really talk about it). I have nothing but praise for microsoft, especially in this generation because they took the gamble and so far it has payed off for them, not to mention the live service is second to none.

Celerystalksme
01-05-2007, 02:52 AM
I've got both a Wii and a 360, and after the intial excitement of Twilight Princess died down (basically as soon as I finished it) it hasn't really been played since, except for some Cube titles I've always wanted to play.

My 360 on the other hand gets almost daily play, and seeing the lineup for the next few months, the poor Wii doesn't look like its going to get a whole lot of play for the time being.

P.S. Bring Trauma Center to Australia goddammit!!!

Its got a European date now so you can just import it through DVDcrave because Australian wii's play PAL UK releases.

Busyman™
01-05-2007, 03:28 AM

How the f**k am i a fanboy?

I had an xbox before a gamecube last generation and before that generation i didnt own a console because i was a PC gamer. I am only stating my love for the console i own which is the reason i got one. Just because someone disagree's with you doesn't mean they are a fanboy ffs.

I was just playing Madden 07 then on the Wii and even though they are just above gamecube graphics (the whole gameplay over graphics situation will no doubt arise) its really fun and gives a lot more satisfaction when you make a big hit or throw a hail mary because you are actually making the motions.

The 360 and Wii are totally different machines, which is why so many people have both a 360 and a Wii (PS3 hasn't launched in Oz yet, so i cant really talk about it). I have nothing but praise for microsoft, especially in this generation because they took the gamble and so far it has payed off for them, not to mention the live service is second to none.

Calm yourself.

I only said that because of your remarks regarding the Virtual Console (it's just an emulator downloader) and the stuff about never getting illegal games for it.

I also take it you haven't the Wii for awhile yet.

I've played it for awhile and like it but the initial craze for it has worn off.

Also on the games front, Nintendo just doesn't put out enough good games in comparison with the competition. To make it worse, the only thing they can trumpet on the multiplatform front is the same game with worse graphics and Wiimotorized (like your Madden example).

It's not a system that is geared for the single player but immensely for 2 or more. In fact, in almost all cases, it is the system of choice for parties if I cut on a console.

At 10:20pm however, I don't wanna jump around to play Wii Sports or Madden. I wanna lay back with my controller and play some Lost Planet.

Dance pads were fun too but not most of the time.

I call you a fanboy cuz you subscribe to the culture of the console.

There are many Sonynites and Maddenites out there too. They won't buy another system besides a Playstation and wouldn't give another football game a chance besides Madden (which is kinda moot cuz of EA).

Celerystalksme
01-05-2007, 03:02 PM
Thats why i either put on my original xbox or play virtual consoles games when i want a break from swinging my arms around. As i said Nintendo aren't in direct competition with Sony And Microsoft and they are more than happy being alongside the 360 or PS3. I also said i never have had an illegal copy of an Xbox game and i most probally never will.

I have had my wii since December 7th when it launched in Australia and considering i have work and spent christmas back with my family i havent had as much time to play the Wii as many people have which is most probably why im still enjoying the console. I love nothing more than coming home at 10pm after a sh*t night at work and play a hundred games of Tennis or put 2 or 3 hours into Zelda...but that is just me.

Also for the record i supported ESPN 2K2, 2K3, 2K4 & 2K5 on the Xbox and i only hired out Madden to see how the controls worked out. 2K5 NFL is in my top 10 games of all time, it was the perfect mix of everything in a NFL game.

Also you talk about the competition...PS3 launched with half the titles and the 360 launch lineup was second rate...Its taken the 360 over a year to start making consistantly great titles...then you look what is coming out for the Wii in the next year and it does not seem so bad. It seems so easy to judge between consoles when one of them has already been out for a year.

Busyman™
01-05-2007, 10:46 PM
Thats why i either put on my original xbox or play virtual consoles games when i want a break from swinging my arms around. As i said Nintendo aren't in direct competition with Sony And Microsoft and they are more than happy being alongside the 360 or PS3. I also said i never have had an illegal copy of an Xbox game and i most probally never will.

I have had my wii since December 7th when it launched in Australia and considering i have work and spent christmas back with my family i havent had as much time to play the Wii as many people have which is most probably why im still enjoying the console. I love nothing more than coming home at 10pm after a sh*t night at work and play a hundred games of Tennis or put 2 or 3 hours into Zelda...but that is just me.

Also for the record i supported ESPN 2K2, 2K3, 2K4 & 2K5 on the Xbox and i only hired out Madden to see how the controls worked out. 2K5 NFL is in my top 10 games of all time, it was the perfect mix of everything in a NFL game.

Also you talk about the competition...PS3 launched with half the titles and the 360 launch lineup was second rate...Its taken the 360 over a year to start making consistantly great titles...then you look what is coming out for the Wii in the next year and it does not seem so bad. It seems so easy to judge between consoles when one of them has already been out for a year.

Not really.

The Gamecube's lineup sucked and it still does when compared with M$'s and Sony's at the time.

I have no doubt that the PS3 will be quite noice on the software front.

The Wii is another story. Nintendo will have the rehashes of older tried and true titles but that'll be about it. If a person has another system like a PS3 or 360, and because it's inferior graphically, that person wouldn't buy say a Splinter Double Agent game cuz it'll look shit in comparison.

The only that's a pisser is that when I play a game like Twilight Princess, it doesn't make me say the Wii is a great system. I'm stuck with it since it's exclusive for it and to me it's just a Gamecube title.

I can't get to mad though since Nintendo didn't gouge on the price like M$ and Sony are doing with their games.

Zelda cost me $40.:dabs:

Chunyq
01-08-2007, 11:51 PM
Wii if you're poor, 360(or ps3) if you're a rich kid.

Shiranai_Baka
01-09-2007, 12:16 AM
Well the last console I've ever gotten was a Nintendo 64 and that system was awesome with golden eye, mario kart and super smash brothers. However, I've always been a PC fan and Vowed myself never to buy a console ever again.

Once the Wii came out, I was curious as to how the games worked out for it. I bought it and now I am extremely happy with it. The playing is very different and its like you're in the game (Lol yeah.. it sounds cheesy) I'm obssessed with Wii sports because you're swinging your shit around and owning everything.

silent h3ro
01-09-2007, 12:56 AM
Wii if you're poor, 360(or ps3) if you're a rich kid.Actually...

Choose Wii if you constantly play games with a group of friends, go to college, or are a little kid. Choose Xbox 360 and PS3 if you have a job and want more mature (mostly) games and a more relaxed gaming experience.

I can't see myself playing a Nintendo Wii alone, it just seems strange.

Liran3331
01-09-2007, 07:30 PM
i think 360 is better, it have some more games to play

BrolyBoo
01-09-2007, 09:13 PM
Wii if you're poor, 360(or ps3) if you're a rich kid.Actually...

Choose Wii if you constantly play games with a group of friends, go to college, or are a little kid. Choose Xbox 360 and PS3 if you have a job and want more mature (mostly) games and a more relaxed gaming experience.

I can't see myself playing a Nintendo Wii alone, it just seems strange.

lol @ u

nintendo wii is fo everyone

silent h3ro
01-10-2007, 01:12 AM
lol @ u:P