PDA

View Full Version : lossless music tracker

harminoff
12-29-2006, 01:52 AM
Hello. I just got a really nice pair of headphones, so I am looking to change out some of my mp3's for lossless music. Are there any good lossless trackers out there?

thanks

Fulanito
12-29-2006, 01:58 AM
E***o and Oink are the best after them come filemp3 andd vipmusic, so choose and get started

kavalchuk17
12-29-2006, 01:59 AM
e***o is what you'll need. Kinda hard to get an invite there though.

OiNk has a nice selection of lossless too, and im not quite sure, but i think Pedros is for lossless too.

can someone confirm this?

harminoff
12-29-2006, 02:00 AM
E***o and Oink are the best after them come filemp3 andd vipmusic, so choose and get started

JA
12-29-2006, 02:03 AM
Someone explain wtf is loseless msuic?

aburyach
12-29-2006, 02:22 AM
Someone explain wtf is loseless msuic?

Very high quality music (bitrate wise).

Fulanito
12-29-2006, 02:28 AM
losseless music = compresed format = HQmp3 , the compression somebody does when he converts wave (in other words the CD containt) to mp3 calls lossy
u get the same (well almost) quality as the cd.. ey nooby check this out

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/guides-and-tutorials/t-music-making-high-quality-mp3-files-7732

it might help :D

0Ri0N
12-29-2006, 02:46 AM
What about BTMusic?

kavalchuk17
12-29-2006, 02:49 AM
Lossless usually comes in Flac and lossless means lossless.
If you convert it back to a full cd, its the same exact thing as the beginning.

mp3's are "lossy" and if you convert them back to a CD, it has lost some quality (usually high treble, than low bass, then blurring - depending on the ripping quality and bitrate)

Ne'tu
12-29-2006, 09:16 AM
BTMusic is also a lossless tracker, a good one actually.

JA
12-29-2006, 09:21 AM
GOtcha. Thanks. hehe i just full blast my ipod..cant tell if its loose or not its just good.

sert
12-29-2006, 10:04 AM
After spending sometime apple came up with its lossless format. Its called:

apple lossless
or
Apples ALAC format
and it has the extension .m4a

If you convert a flac to m4a it will have the same file size in other words its a format similar to flac but compatible to ipod.

S!X
12-29-2006, 10:07 AM
Pedros music tracker is all lossless but is hard to come across an invite for it (http://btmusic.org/index.php)

I use oink for lossless, actually for all my music. I find it the best place for it with a great selection.

covertmeat
12-29-2006, 10:36 AM
oink is the way to go, it has more losseless albums than the double amount of e***o and pedros albums put together

Ne'tu
12-29-2006, 11:07 AM
It maybe, but it's very hard a keep a ratio there. :whistling

I would use it only if I desperately need something.

sert
12-29-2006, 12:01 PM
Me too. Free leech changed everything though.

Before the free leech I was 0.75 and I downloaded only when I couldn't find something elsewhere.

Now after the free leech I downloaded more than 20 gigs and have a ratio 2.5

flicky0urbic
12-29-2006, 04:56 PM
Oink is pretty good, but beware, theyre douchebags.

pECi
12-29-2006, 05:22 PM
Metal Torrents has a lossless music category...of course if u like metal :naughty:

kavalchuk17
12-29-2006, 06:45 PM
are you staff there pECI? you always seem to talk about metal.iplay

or maybe you just love metal...

RainRoofer
12-29-2006, 06:51 PM
He just loves metal, especially iron :P

pECi
12-29-2006, 07:30 PM
let's say it this way...if u have a question 'bout metal.iplay.ro u can ask me:D

Hoosierdaddy
01-11-2007, 04:47 AM
losseless music = compresed format = HQmp3

Ummm. No.

Lossless = NO compression

MP3 (including even very HQ mp3 like 320 CBR) = Lossy compression

With mp3 and other lossy formats, data is thrown away to reduce the file size.

With lossless, data is compacted but NO data is lost.

Therefore lossless = wav = original CD quality.

A CD properly burned from a lossless source will be indentical to the original CD.

PooBar
01-11-2007, 06:15 AM
onlineboy have a read of this,http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FLAC

deputysalty
01-26-2007, 02:23 AM
Hoosierdaddy (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../members/hoosierdaddy-151104),

Ummm. No.

FLACs are compressed lossless.

Wikipedia:
FLAC is for efficient packing of audio data, unlike general lossless algorithms such as ZIP (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZIP_file_format) and gzip (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gzip). While ZIP may compress a CD-quality audio file by 10–20%, FLAC achieves compression rates of 30–50%.

artifact
01-26-2007, 05:42 PM
BTMusic, E***O and Oink...

psyholic
01-26-2007, 06:10 PM
Oink!!!

Hoosierdaddy
12-29-2009, 06:29 PM
Hoosierdaddy (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../members/hoosierdaddy-151104),

Ummm. No.

Wikipedia:
FLAC is for efficient packing of audio data, unlike general lossless algorithms such as ZIP (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZIP_file_format) and gzip (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gzip). While ZIP may compress a CD-quality audio file by 10–20%, FLAC achieves compression rates of 30–50%.

Did you by any chance notice the post I was responding to? :angry:

Charmig latino posted: "losseless music = compresed format = HQmp3"

And I responded 'Ummm. No.'...which is correct. Lossless formats are most definitely NOT equivalent to high quality mp3. Lossless is, by definition, lossless. Meaning NOTHING is lost. True, there is file compression involved. But it is NOT lossy compression. Which was my point. Which was lost in all your blather.

And why am I even responding to a two year old post? Geez! :idunno:

anon
12-29-2009, 06:35 PM

Yes, I wondered the same. :P

Tv Controls you
12-29-2009, 07:03 PM
http://images.google.com/url?source=imgres&ct=img&q=http://www.frugal-cafe.com/public_html/frugal-blog/frugal-cafe-blogzone/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/obamacare-grave-diggers-300x420.jpg&usg=AFQjCNHKVID8jlnazcTh0UXNIOslVcHKLg

This is from back in the day lol.

sez
12-29-2009, 07:42 PM

Ummm. No.

Wikipedia:

Did you by any chance notice the post I was responding to? :angry:

Charmig latino posted: "losseless music = compresed format = HQmp3"

And I responded 'Ummm. No.'...which is correct. Lossless formats are most definitely NOT equivalent to high quality mp3. Lossless is, by definition, lossless. Meaning NOTHING is lost. True, there is file compression involved. But it is NOT lossy compression. Which was my point. Which was lost in all your blather.

How about you graph that and perhaps throw in a pie chart as well.

TrollinThunder
12-29-2009, 07:55 PM
Epic bump.

Swift
12-29-2009, 09:04 PM
let's say it this way...if u have a question 'bout metal.iplay.ro u can ask me:D

for FLAC metal join metal.iplay.ro it's the best !:cool:

Hoosierdaddy
12-30-2009, 06:09 PM
for FLAC metal join metal.iplay.ro it's the best !:cool:

Or torrents.ru.

Ok. Last time I respond to this thread...I promise. :naughty:

aen
12-30-2009, 08:44 PM
most of rips there are crap.

Tv Controls you
12-30-2009, 09:05 PM
most of rips there are crap.

At metal.iplay or at torrents.ru

aen
12-30-2009, 09:49 PM
i dont know anything bout metal.iplay (i'm not in tat music jenre).
Btw most of t.ru rips are fail.

cinephilia
12-30-2009, 11:44 PM
i dont know anything bout metal.iplay (i'm not in tat music jenre).
Btw most of t.ru rips are fail.
most rips are scene or p2p releases. oh and the few homerips i've downloaded so far were way better than the crappy 700mb rips you can find on Demonoid.

chinaski
12-31-2009, 05:10 PM
FLAC rips are even better than those on *that* almost exclusive lossless tracker (first letter's not E...)

darbezen
12-31-2009, 05:36 PM
Adamsfile ?

aen
12-31-2009, 06:09 PM
did you read the topic?
'tracker'

wasaby
01-01-2010, 07:01 PM
waffles

Slickerey
01-01-2010, 07:31 PM
Skittles and Pedro's are the best sites for lossless music files. E**** is only good for you if you're into classical music.

cinephilia
01-01-2010, 11:04 PM
Skittles and Pedro's are the best sites for lossless music files. E**** is only good for you if you're into classical music.
why don't you stick to posting about things you know about instead of spreading false rumors?

2slick4u
02-22-2010, 11:24 PM
I think this is one of my favorite lossless trackers is losslessclub any type of music on that site 15k torrents i love that site

estigma
02-23-2010, 12:05 AM
Losslessclub is pretty good.

cinephilia
02-23-2010, 01:27 AM
just so you know, torrents.ru has definitely the largest amount of lossless music (flac/ape).
you can also use avaxhome.ws, one, if not the best, ddl site for music in lossless format - they have, among other things, an insane selection of classical music and so many versions available. i love this site.

Funkin'
02-23-2010, 01:48 AM
I think this is one of my favorite lossless trackers is losslessclub any type of music on that site 15k torrents i love that site

It's a very underrated lossless site.

tjheller
02-23-2010, 08:44 AM
what.cd has plenty of volume on the lossless side. it meets my needs.

Zac090
02-23-2010, 11:01 AM
You are not a member are you??? Did you check out the review :ermm:
+1 to what cinephilia stated

fairtrader
02-23-2010, 11:08 AM
Nothing can match the content availability of what.cd, be it lossless or lossy.

pretend
02-23-2010, 11:58 AM
Oink is the best.

Tv Controls you
02-23-2010, 12:00 PM
Oink is was the best.

corrected. Also OP I would recommend waffles.fm.

Not to burst your bubble or anything but you shouldn't have wasted money on headphones. I always think your better off with a good 2 channel with a nice receiver/amp maybe sub.
Also what do you plan to listen to these flac files from? Because not many portable media players will just readily play flac.

th0r
02-23-2010, 08:30 PM
Because not many portable media players will just readily play flac.Native FLAC, no; other lossless support file formats, yes.

As for the O.P.'s question, a good place to start is waffles.fm, but stick to their Waffle Iron uploads only, if you can.

Funkin'
02-24-2010, 04:17 AM
Also what do you plan to listen to these flac files from? Because not many portable media players will just readily play flac.

Cowons will(which the D2+ is going to be my next player). Although I think it's a pretty lame idea to listen to lossless files from a portable media player...

Tv Controls you
02-24-2010, 04:18 AM

Cowons will(which the D2+ is going to be my next player). Although I think it's a pretty lame idea to listen to lossless files from a portable media player...

I'm pretty sure it doesn't have a line out though.

nvm did a little search... It costs a little bit of money but:

The Cowon D2 does have a true un-amped line-out....but you need to buy the line-in cable converter and the line-in cable. That is the only way of getting a true un-amped line out.
So in this way you can connect to a external amp of your choice.

apextwin146
02-24-2010, 06:40 AM

Wait a while if you can .. Cowon D2 is better than D2+ incase u r planning to buy it .. All the SQ Settings can be imported into D2 form D2+(kinda like importing d2+ rom into d2) ..
If you really want to listen to Flacs from Portable media player i would suggest some Chinese brands to fiddle with other than cowon .. Though a Amp+ Dac combo is very much required in addition to the player ... Try the uDac its getting rave reviews ..

Zac090
02-24-2010, 11:46 AM
Btmusic, and E**** .

:w00t:

cinephilia
02-24-2010, 12:35 PM
As for the O.P.'s question, a good place to start is waffles.fm, but stick to their Waffle Iron uploads only, if you can.
as if the unverified lossless rips were all full of errors and inaudible... :frusty:

fairtrader
02-24-2010, 03:19 PM
as if the unverified lossless rips were all full of errors and inaudible... :frusty:

if you are going to be a audio-elitist-prick you gotta be a proper one who only downlaods WI approved rips.

P.S.I am one of those, and I exclusively download WI-approved rips wherever possible.

P.S.S http://eachelper.okamihost.com/php/Analyzehtml.php

heres a link where you can check the quality of rips by the EAC log.This gives a fair representation, mind you this is not related to WI, WI is still the best standards ever on any site, bar none.

this is a pretty OT post bt whatever,:p.

Funkin'
02-24-2010, 10:42 PM
Wait a while if you can .. Cowon D2 is better than D2+ incase u r planning to buy it ..

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll have to check out the D2.

And actually, I think I'm going to look for a Cowon that only plays audio. I'll never watch video on a little tiny screen(I never do on my Zune), and the absence of video will cut costs.

You have an recommendations for a good audio only Cowon? I don't care if it can play FLAC, I"ll never listen to FLAC from a portable player. But I would like it if it allows all the other formats, especially OGG. Drag n Drop is a necessity too(the reason I'm ditching the Zune, I hate the computer software), and touch screen would be a plus. But definitely not a necessity.

Thanks.

Quarterquack
02-24-2010, 11:08 PM
What is Waffle Iron quality, and how exactly is it better than any other standard out there?

I'm not trolling, honest question.

Tv Controls you
02-24-2010, 11:12 PM
Wait a while if you can .. Cowon D2 is better than D2+ incase u r planning to buy it ..

And actually, I think I'm going to look for a Cowon that only plays audio. I'll never watch video on a little tiny screen(I never do on my Zune), and the absence of video will cut costs.

You have an recommendations for a good audio only Cowon? I don't care if it can play FLAC, I"ll never listen to FLAC from a portable player. But I would like it if it allows all the other formats, especially OGG. Drag n Drop is a necessity too(the reason I'm ditching the Zune, I hate the computer software), and touch screen would be a plus. But definitely not a necessity.

Thanks.

Ipod 5.5 gen video 80gb modded with rockbox firmware. lol

Drag and drop, and nearly all formats

anon
02-24-2010, 11:15 PM
What is Waffle Iron quality, and how exactly is it better than any other standard out there?

Basically, Waffle Irons are a group of members with advanced ripping/encoding knowledge. You can submit your FLAC rips (log and cue sheet files included) to them, and if approved, your rip won't be able to be trumped by any other upload. More info here:

https://www.waffles.fm/docs.php?page=Docs/Waffle_Irons

Quarterquack
02-24-2010, 11:42 PM
I'm not a member on Waffles, so I can't see that specific document, I guess.

It sounds kind of normal, though. Isn't the same concept of providing your EAC rip log, and 100% check logs? If so, then that's available elsewhere, there's nothing really "special" about it, is there? Perhaps the volume of torrents make it so special.

EDIT: And, of course, thanks for the information, Anon. :)

anon
02-24-2010, 11:47 PM

I can PM you the page if you want.

It sounds kind of normal, though. Isn't the same concept of providing your EAC rip log, and 100% check logs? If so, then that's available elsewhere, there's nothing really "special" about it, is there? Perhaps the volume of torrents make it so special.

I don't know, and to be honest I don't care. I rarely download lossless music anyway, and when I do I prefer to trust that the sole presence of the torrent on Waffles means it's a good rip regardless of being "Waffle Iron-approved" or not.

apextwin146
02-25-2010, 05:29 AM

Thanks.
Sansa Clip + .. loads of ppl swear by it .. No fancy shit .. Can play all music formats and is cheap(or Value for money) too .. Plug this in with some low cost Amps like Fiio E3 or E5 and you are good to go with some avg headphones like Nuforce ones Ne-6,Soundmagic pl-30,50 Senns Cx-300 etc ..

kukushka
02-25-2010, 04:43 PM

EDIT: And, of course, thanks for the information, Anon. :)
there is a huge difference between WI & 100% what logs. WI is a team of people, logchecker is a skynet bot. example - you can check babsy8 uploads, the guy just has a bad drive that in most cases does the random offset. WI team stripped their tag from the guy's uploads, at what.cd it is still 100% /i reported his rips to both companies/
of course there's a room for fakes, cheating - even at a place like pedro's, so sometimes it won't hurt to take a look at different things related to particular uploader, to AR if applicable etc...

Funkin'
02-25-2010, 06:43 PM
Sansa Clip + .. loads of ppl swear by it .. No fancy shit .. Can play all music formats and is cheap(or Value for money) too .. Plug this in with some low cost Amps like Fiio E3 or E5 and you are good to go with some avg headphones like Nuforce ones Ne-6,Soundmagic pl-30,50 Senns Cx-300 etc ..

That actually looks pretty cool. And I always read good things about Sansa's. Unfortunately it looks like these only go up to 8GB. And I'm looking for at least 16GB, or more. I don't want to have to constantly swap out music.

Thanks for your help apex. I'll just keep looking around until I find something that's going to fit my needs.

EDIT: I just looked at it a bit more, and it does use miscrosd cards. So I can go way past 8GB. And I really like how tiny this thing is. If the sound quality is good then I might get it.

Spaceboy
03-01-2010, 03:04 PM
Waffles
What.cd
rutracker.org
hd-torrents.org

Any others that have a high level of lossless music?

b3owulf
03-01-2010, 03:21 PM
BTMusic, E****

anon
03-01-2010, 04:41 PM
Demonoid has some lossless, too.

Prophet
03-01-2010, 04:48 PM
N-M also it's a site specialized on lossless.

ca_aok
03-01-2010, 04:57 PM
N-M also it's a site specialized on lossless.
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-need-music-392586

Zac090
03-01-2010, 05:47 PM
Those are enough I think.Atleast for popular music

dvdasacd
03-01-2010, 06:45 PM
Avaxhome (DDL site) has a large amount of unique lossless uploads too.

th0r
03-01-2010, 07:14 PM
Adamsfile.

anonymous0711
03-01-2010, 08:03 PM
i'm not a member but i've heard pedros is just a step below E**** in terms of lossless music

ca_aok
03-01-2010, 08:07 PM
Actually both have roughly the same number of torrents, which is far less than the other places mentioned.

Now if you mean in term of e-penis, perhaps...

Spaceboy
03-01-2010, 08:10 PM
Adamsfile.

If only I could work out how to download anything from the site since it's in russian and there's no obvious torrent download link on each page (unless I'm missing something)

Ok, so I need to upload 1 GB of stuff b4 I can download anything?

pretend
03-01-2010, 09:02 PM
Adamsfile.

If only I could work out how to download anything from the site since it's in russian and there's no obvious torrent download link on each page (unless I'm missing something)

You won't find torrent download link since it's not a torrent tracker :happy: It's an FTP archive.

In order to download something, you should upload something. 10 downloads for 1 upload, if I remember it right.

ca_aok
03-01-2010, 09:48 PM
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-trades-158/t-e-396328

So the entire purpose of this thread was you could figure out which site had the most e-peen so you could trade your way in? Cool thread bro.

Spaceboy
03-01-2010, 10:06 PM

You won't find torrent download link since it's not a torrent tracker :happy: It's an FTP archive.

yeah figured that out. Looks like a decent site.

In order to download something, you should upload something. 10 downloads for 1 upload, if I remember it right.

My russian not that good lol but I'm sure this means you need to upload 1gb before you can download anthing:

Чтобы иметь возможность скачивать, вам необходимо закачать как минимум 1Gb

pretend
03-01-2010, 11:25 PM
That's right

anonymous0711
03-02-2010, 01:10 AM
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-trades-158/t-e-396328

So the entire purpose of this thread was you could figure out which site had the most e-peen so you could trade your way in? Cool thread bro.

lol thats what is looks like... its ok i can almost guarantee he wont find his way into E**** and i doubt he even knows what the actual name is anyways

Spaceboy
03-02-2010, 01:40 AM
lol thats what is looks like... its ok i can almost guarantee he wont find his way into E**** and i doubt he even knows what the actual name is anyways

Since I used to be a member there I'm guessing I do! I never used it since I had an account with Oink at the time, which was a far superior tracker in every respect.

ca_aok
03-02-2010, 02:09 AM
Probably just shot yourself further in the foot there since they don't tend to disable for inactivity. But that's ok, I'm sure the reasons for your ban were perfectly benign.

Don't hold out hope that anyone is going to use an invite on a trader though. The only people with real invites are VIPs/staff, everyone else has to go through a process designed to weed out folks like you ;)

Zac090
03-02-2010, 05:44 AM
So the entire purpose of this thread was you could figure out which site had the most e-peen so you could trade your way in? .
The its N-M for sure,l33t-est lossless tracker alive(?)

highlife
03-02-2010, 01:59 PM
Pedro's BT is the best there is for loosless in my opinion.Too bad they have seeding limitaions which is also good for other members

SummerSamba
03-03-2010, 01:49 AM

I'm not trolling, honest question.

Nothing makes it better... The fact is, if you have the proper offsets for your drive, then test a track and get one CRC, then copy that track again and get the same CRC value, you have a perfect rip. Digital streams (on CDs) aren't like analog sources. There is only one true CRC for every track. You get the CRC to match twice, you have a "win."

SummerSamba
03-03-2010, 02:17 AM
Pedro's BT is the best there is for loosless in my opinion.Too bad they have seeding limitaions which is also good for other members

Can you elaborate, please?

ca_aok
03-03-2010, 02:23 AM
He's referring to their draconian anti-overseeding rules ;)

If you seed past (3.0 I think? I forget) on a torrent, you can be warned and have wait time restrictions added to new downloads. Eventually, you may be banned.

Quarterquack
03-03-2010, 02:28 AM

If you seed past (3.0 I think? I forget) on a torrent, you can be warned and have wait time restrictions added to new downloads. Eventually, you may be banned.

Does this also count for uploaders and their own uploads? I've never heard about this before from anyone else (well I heard they have systems in place to make sure you'd have to be an absolute retard to lose your account once/if you get in), so I'm asking you.

ca_aok
03-03-2010, 02:33 AM
It does not apply to your own uploads.

Funkin'
03-03-2010, 03:37 AM

That only applies to new torrents(48hrs or less), right? I could be wrong though, I just wiped my inbox there along with that message stating the new overseeding rules. I personally think this is one of the better rules a tracker can have. Nobody likes to struggle to maintain a positive ratio because of the seedbox/ratio whores that plague trackers...

ca_aok
03-03-2010, 04:20 AM
I'm of the opinion that putting such artificial constraints on the ratio system destroys the entire system, and you might as well go ratioless if you want to go down that route.

Plus while you think this is a fight against seedboxers, I see it as a collective ego boost to the uploaders. This was reinforced by thread on one of the lossless sites where they had the audacity to call down a moderator in public for "Overseeding" on one of their torrents, when he wasn't even a habitual offender.

Rules against overseeding are an artificial quick fix to the problems with the ratio system, which are better fixed by other means. Besides, the Overseeding rules there were implemented to placate the grumbling masses after that whole banning mess months ago, they were always a half assed fix to a problem the staff had no inclination to solve, especially noted since they place the onus on the uploader to report the "crime" rather than coding a simple tracker check. Rather than fixing any perceived problems, it simply puts power in the hands of the ratio police, and ironically these are people with gigabytes if not terabytes of buffer (but they like to stand up for the little guy!).

It's a simple issue of common courtesy. Unfortunately, there are those in the torrenting world who lack that courtesy. However, that doesn't mean we should be legislating rules against them.

The minute you enforce common courtesy by law, courtesy ceases to exist. It's like forcing someone to click a "Thank You" button before downloading, it removes the entire point of the button, which is to offer thanks to the uploader for their work!

bluju
03-03-2010, 04:20 AM
yeah, all that bandwidth is such a PITA

soulreaper
03-03-2010, 06:16 AM

I personally think this is one of the better rules a tracker can have. Nobody likes to struggle to maintain a positive ratio because of the seedbox/ratio whores that plague trackers...

Exactly. Torrenting should be fun and not an exercise, unfortunately these days this concept is utopic and outdated.

b3owulf
03-03-2010, 12:09 PM

That only applies to new torrents(48hrs or less), right? I could be wrong though, I just wiped my inbox there along with that message stating the new overseeding rules. I personally think this is one of the better rules a tracker can have. Nobody likes to struggle to maintain a positive ratio because of the seedbox/ratio whores that plague trackers...
It may good, but not best. As ca_aok stated, ,it would be more comfortable for end-user to go ratiofree + minimum seedtime (e.g. 120h). IMO it makes more sense...

SummerSamba
03-03-2010, 01:55 PM
All I want to do is upload quality FLAC files with all associated data "proving" the quality, seed it a good long while, and download the same. All the cheaters ruin it for everyone.

I think people should seed what they download... say for 2 weeks or so at a minimum...

Why anyone wouldn't want to seed what he/she downloaded is beyond me. It is disingenuous not to, and counterproductive to the file sharing sensibility.

Nice spliff, BTW, Funkin'...

kukushka
03-06-2010, 09:46 AM

they don't, it's the ratio system that stimulates it. and the thing that pedro's implemented - it's one of the worst. imo. from what i heard, ts-tracker did it better - upload just stops to count after a 3.0 ratio without penalties or anything. there's a whole lot of variants how not to penalise ppl for speed and promote seeding without pressing sharers with all this ratio stuff, but at most trackers there's simply not enough good will to take care of that, so this ratio bullshit will go on with more and more perverions developping :)

laurie
03-06-2010, 10:39 AM
witch site had a no rap/pop rule in addition to the all high quality uploads, LP rips etc. is it pedro? I was a member years back but I can't remember.

pretend
03-06-2010, 10:52 AM
Yeah, that is Pedro's. They're allowing rap now.

thisguy
03-06-2010, 01:30 PM
adamsfile is all flac and massive on content side

Zoltar600
03-06-2010, 09:00 PM
Not all FLAC. All lossless though.

ihab22222
03-09-2010, 01:55 PM
what waffles Pedro's E**O best place for flac.

anon
04-26-2010, 03:03 PM
Can you PM me the page with waffle iron quality??

You won't be able to receive the PM since you don't have enough privileges here, but I can post it in this thread (as a pic) once I get home. :)

ca_aok
04-26-2010, 03:17 PM
Waffles Irons standards are basically a properly set up version of EAC (The guide at http://www.blowfish.be/eac/ is a good start), including a log+cue, proper tags, and proper file names.

The only real differences between What's logchecker and WI rips is human intervention (which is always a better judge than a computer) and the fact that they manually check your drive offset when they check your rip to ensure it's correct.

anon
04-26-2010, 05:15 PM
Thank you very much..:)

I thought there was no sense in making a pic when I can just quote the page here. Have fun:
Waffle IronsContents
1 About the Waffle Iron Seal of Approval
2 Submitting your torrent(s) for approval
3 Waffle Iron Rules
4 Waffle Iron FAQ
5 Waffle Iron IRC
6 Waffle Iron Links

About the Waffle Iron Seal of Approval

The Waffle Iron seal is simply about confidence that the rip is a 100% exact audio copy. It is an addition to existing waffles.fm rules on what FLAC torrents can (or can not be) replaced or duplicated. It is marking the elite rips for a more pleasant lossless downloading experience. Further more, we take very seriously the task of educating others on how and why to properly rip so that they (and others) can have the utmost confidence that the rips of their CD collection are exact audio copies.

xuncat (with contributions from the Waffle Irons) has created a new, detailed and comprehensive guide for using the Windows-based program Exact Audio Copy: http://xunside.info/eac/index.html. A great deal of work has been put into this and we highly recommend this guide over all others.

As of 2009-02-19 the Waffle Irons also accept XLD version 20080926 (93.3) rips. Read the announcement.

For help and questions not covered in the Waffle Iron Rules or FAQ there is a waffles.fm member-exclusive IRC room you can use: #waffles.fm-flac on irc.p2p-network.net. To join the channel type /msg Waffles invite flac from a registered nick that is listed in your waffles.fm profile.
Submitting your torrent(s) for approval

Any FLAC torrent with a .log & .cue file in the torrent can be submitted by the uploader of the torrent by clicking the 'Submit' link at the top of the torrent details page. The torrent must also have its log uploaded to the site to be eligible for submission. If not already done while uploading (or for torrents before the log feature was introduced) the uploader can add it using the edit link for the for the torrent.

The log must be an Exact Audio Copy log, and the cue file must be generated by Exact Audio Copy at the time of ripping (from the EXACT disc being ripped, this is very important!) and be done as a Multiple-WAV Non-Compliant format (with gaps appended to previous track). As of 2009-02-19 the Waffle Irons also accept XLD version 20080926 (93.3) rips.

You can submit a torrent for approval immediately after uploading it, or any time later. Please make sure you have read and understand the Waffle Iron Rules before submitting ANY torrents.
Waffle Iron Rules

1. The torrent must be a FLAC torrent that follows all current waffles.fm rules.

2. The rip must have been from a retail CD and NOT a CD-R or Vinyl, and ripped from the actual retail CD - not an image mounted to a virtual drive.

3. The rip must have been done with Exact Audio Copy (for Windows users) or XLD (for Mac users). Newer EAC rips are required at minimum to use version 0.99pb4 with AccurateRip enabled.

4. You must specify near the top of the torrent description if the torrent is your own personal rip or if you obtained it elsewhere. (You do not need to specify where or who ripped it, but please do if you remember and it is not against the rules of that site to mention it publicly.) NOTE: This rule was not publicized prior to the beginning of submission and therefore will not be immediately enforced. We do ask that you follow it from now on and perhaps even go back and add the information to your descriptions of previously-submitted torrents (it will only take you a few seconds per torrent). We WILL begin enforcing this rule at a later date so please follow it.

5. The album folder for a torrent (the files within the torrent) must contain the .log file for the rip. Additionally, the log must be uploaded to the website so that it is viewable in the torrent details.
Please note: Simply having the log listed in the description is not enough. The log file must be uploaded to the website either during the upload process or by editing the torrent at a later date. If your torrent has a log uploaded it will be listed immediately under the description of the torrent.
The log cannot be edited in any way other than removing personal directory information in the save path, or appending AccuarateRip information to the bottom (If using a version of EAC before 0.99). Per the guide, we suggest not to save to a personal folder at all.
The uploaded must be exactly the same log file as the one included in the album folder. (Unless the torrent contains more than one disc, see below.)
If your torrent is of more than one disc you must make a 'combined.log' file to upload to the website. This file does not have to be included in the torrent, but must be uploaded so it is possible to view all details of the rip from the torrent details page.

6. The album folder for a torrent (the files within the torrent) must contain a .cue file.
The .cue file must be generated by Exact Audio Copy. It must be in the form of Multiple WAV Files with Gaps (Non Compliant). It must have been created using the exact CD from the rip, at the time of ripping.
You can optionally have other cue files in the torrent (Single-WAV), but the Non Compliant one MUST be included and uploaded to the torrent.
If your torrent is of more than one disc there must be a Non Compliant .cue file included for each disc.
The cue file(s) should be usable without any editing. If you are unsure what is meant by this please refer to the 'Ripping' section of the EAC guide where it discusses cue file editing.

7. You must be sure that to the best of your knowledge the disc was ripped according to the standards in the Waffle Iron-Approved guide or similar EAC guide which instructs users to, amongst other things, accurately set the drive's read offset correction value, rip in Secure mode, set the drive to rip in secure mode with C2 error correction disabled, detect gaps before ripping and use Test & Copy.

8. The drive must have a verifiable read offset correction or use the AccurateRip plug-in with EAC. Not all drives are found on the list pointed to by most setup guides (http://www.accuraterip.com/driveoffsets.htm). If your drive is not found on that list we will have no choice but to reject your submission unless the AccurateRip plug-in was used.

The exception to this rule is if it was your own rip (or you know who ripped it) AccurateRip must be used to determine your drive's value. Unfortunately, in this case, many people have just guessed to get a value and did not go the extra mile to make sure it was the correct one. To get old rips (and/or old torrents) approved the offset correction used for those rips must match what AccurateRip reports. If this is indeed the case please send us (or place in your torrent description) a screen-shot of AccurateRip's setting. To have rejected rips looked at again please PM us the torrent URL that has failed on this basis with the proof that the offset correction value was indeed correct. Furthermore, you should use AccurateRip from then on to assure your rips always give confidence of being an exact audio copy without further proof being necessary.

9. If the rip was done WITHOUT disabling/defeating the drive's audio caching we will not be able to approve it. (You need to check "Drive caches audio data" in the drive settings in order to make EAC disable/defeat cache.) This is a very important setting as not disabling/defeating audio caching in a drive that does cache audio data will effectively cause secure mode to be worthless. On the other hand, EAC treating any drive as if it caches audio data even if it doesn't has no adverse effect on the quality of the rip, so it is a safe setting regardless. It is for this reason that nearly every EAC guide will blindly instruct you to check that your drive caches audio data.

Unfortunately, Exact Audio Copy's detection of this ability has been continually proven to produce false negatives, automatically deselecting the drive's ability to cache audio data during the EAC setup process. This is the reason we cannot accept rips without utilizing audio cache disabling/defeating.

An important exception to this rule applies if you are the person who ripped the CD and you still have the drive that it was ripped with. We give you the opportunity to prove to us that your ripping drive indeed does not cache audio data. In the EAC setup guide under 'Drive Options' you will see complete details on using two programs called CachEx and Furio. Please run both of those programs as instructed to make sure that your audio cache setting is correct. If both programs do indeed indicate that your drive does not cache audio data then you truly do not have to check that option to get a high-confidence perfect rip and will gain Waffle Iron approval for your rips.

Please create a screen-shot image of the CachEx window (and please, include only that command window) or create a cachex.log file from the results in the command window (right-click select all then control+C to copy and then paste it into notepad or other text editor and save). Also, save the Furio log file as directed after running that program.

Display this non-caching proof at the bottom of the description of your torrent so that it is displayed just above the log file data. A great example on how to present this information can be found in this torrent description. We are now requiring this to approve any torrent that did not have the drive's audio caching disabled/defeated when ripping.

The information at the bottom of the description must be present for each torrent you wish to get Waffle Iron approval for with audio caching not disabled/defeated. Do NOT remove this information from your torrent description after Waffle Iron approval. Additionally, to 'future-proof' your rips, we very much suggest that you include the CachEx and Furio proof within all of your torrents (perhaps in a sub-directory named 'Audio Cache Proof') Including them in the torrent is also helpful if the links to the screen shot or text file(s) expire. We realize that this is a lot to ask, but keep in mind you only have to run the tests once, and the bbcode segment from your torrent description can be used over and over again for other torrents. We ask so much of you because this is a very, very important setting, which is why most guides do not give you an option on the setting.

Please note, if you ever upgrade your drive's firmware (flash the BIOS) these tests must be re-run (as well as re-set up your drive in EAC) as this may change how your drive behaves when ripping.
Waffle Iron FAQ

What happens after I submit a torrent for Waffle Iron approval?

Upon submission the torrent is placed in "Pending" mode and added to the ironing queue. A Waffle Iron or Moderator will analyze your upload for all qualifications. If all necessary requirements are met then they will stamp the torrent as approved. If something is incorrect or missing from the EAC setup or ripping procedure then it will rejected and the exact reason will be given. Until it has been either approved or unapproved the torrent will remain in pending mode.

How is your new EAC guide different from the OiNK recommended, and until now waffles.fm recommended, "jiGGafellz" guide?

While it suffices, the jiGGafellz guide basically just shows you what to click and where. It does not explain most settings and procedures with any detail. Also, some of the important settings were not made completely clear which has resulted in many people incorrectly going against the guide. The content of that guide is all within our new guide, but has been expanded GREATLY. A notable technical change which you will notice in the logs is that the FLAC command line has returned to the standard "V -8"

The purpose of the new guide is to explain what the settings do, not just *tell* you to set them as most other guides do. It also puts into words instead of just keyboard shortcuts which are easily forgotten. Ideally, the guide will allow a first-time-user to configure EAC and understand the settings without having to ask the same repetitive questions. And, of course, have no fear for your old rips. If you followed the jiGGafellz guide correctly they will most certainly receive our Seal of Approval!

Why do I have to state if it was my own personal rip or not?

Both as general downloaders of torrents and in our duties as Waffle Irons there are many situations when it is very, VERY helpful to know if the torrent is a personal rip of the uploader or not. Sometimes a rip posted the very same day as the rip was acquired someplace else, which can lead to misconceptions and misplaced ripping advice and/or questions.

Will a Waffle Iron approved rip ever be deleted from the tracker?

It is very much our intention to never have one of these removed from the tracker. However, if one has been un-seeded for a long period of time it may be deleted. After downloading one, please keep the special WI-stamped torrents seeded so they are always available for anybody to download!

Can a Waffle Iron approved rip replace a non-approved one?

Yes. To do this, first upload & submit your torrent for WI approval. Next, *if* the torrent gets approved, please report the torrent it is replacing. DO NOT try to report any torrent for replacement before yours has been approved!

Why only approve rips done by Exact Audio Copy or XLD?

While no ripping program is *perfect*, Exact Audio Copy is the closest you can get at the moment, and has been since its creation. Actually, that very reason is WHY it was created. The Waffle Iron Seal of Approval is all about confidence that a rip (either your own rip or somebody else's) is a perfect copy and can create a perfect copy when you burn it to a CD-R. Day in and day out, this is the program that does it all the best. Sure, there are faster rippers out there for all platforms (you can even change some EAC settings to make it rip faster) but they all lower the confidence of the rip. If you are going to rip with the purpose of sharing with others, Exact Audio Copy is the way to go! After much testing and deliberation, the Waffle Irons have also approved the use of XLD on OS X for users who would like to produce Waffle-Iron quality rips on the Mac platform.

Are EAC Rips done with Syrup accepted?

Absolutely, yes! Syrup automates the ripping process so steps cannot be forgotten. It also uses REACT to encode the same rip to multiple formats which can be very convenient. However, it is still up to the user to correctly configure their Exact Audio copy just as if you were not using Syrup at all. Complete information on Syrup can be found here.

Why are you Waffle Irons so particular on what to accept? Isn't all lossless perfect CD-Quality audio?

Lossless encoding (compression) has the benefit of not damaging the original extracted WAV file whatsoever. However, the resulting FLAC files are only as good as the rip. It is the perfect rip that we are concerned with, and the Free Lossless Audio CODEC preserves that rip.

How come you only accept FLAC torrents for submission?

FLAC is the widely accepted standard for Lossless encoding, and has been for many years now. The main reason for this is it compresses (and more importantly) decompresses very quickly, and is supported by more software programs and hardware vendors than any other lossless file type.

Why only FLAC and not MP3?

MP3s (and other non-lossless formats) are no longer a perfect copy of the original disc (even though the rip itself may have been perfect). The lossy nature of mp3s has removed content which can never be regained. While it may sound exactly the same as the CD, it is not. The only things that are truly required for MP3s is that they contain the complete song and do not skip during playback.

Why was a torrent rejected simply for having the ID3 option checked in EAC?

FLAC files cannot contain ID3 tags or even an ID3 header. Music players (both hardware and software) expect VORBIS comments only for FLAC files. No current music player or tagging application will add ID3 headers to FLAC files so you do not need to worry about it happening accidentally.

A problem arises when the 'Add ID3 tag' option is checked in Exact Audio Copy's 'Compression Options' and ID3 options are additionally set up in the 'ID3 Tag' tab. Please make sure you do not have the 'Add ID3 tag' option checked as it will cause some players (Linux applications, at a minimum) to not be able to process the FLAC files. If not everybody can play the files in your torrent then there is a problem with the torrent and it is this reason that that we will reject it based on that setting alone. To further verify the presence of an ID3 header we would have to download one of the files and run it through a HEX editor. Our policy is not going to involve downloading any of the files for any reason except to verify a report of a bad file (or, of course, to download a torrent as fans of the music!).

Why can't I submit a torrent that was ripped from a CD-R?

Burned audio discs go bad eventually, scratch very easily, and should NEVER be ripped as if it is a retail CD. Not only can a CD-R often be an "iffy" burn but also frequently a marginal (if not horrible) rip. Beyond that, there is no way to be sure how accurately that CD-R was burned in the first place. There is no guarantee it was even sourced from the original CD - it may have been sourced from another CD-R itself! And, most importantly, the original rip may have been horribly improper and incomplete (missing samples, skips, static, etc.) and that flaw copied over into the subsequent CD-R rip(s) which would not be reported in the log of the CD-R rip. The bottom line: NEVER rip from a CD-R! Be sure to back up your FLAC to data DVD-Rs (or data CD-Rs) or spare hard drives. Do not consider a burned audio CD-R as a backup for your downloaded or personally ripped FLAC files.

Why reject a rip that was not done properly but still has AccurateRip matches?

It is our position that AccurateRip results are an added bonus to an already proper ripping job. We do not reject a rip based on mis-matches with AccurateRip so we cannot turn around and ignore other options and accept a rip based just on those matches. AccurateRip is a terrific addition to the confidence that a rip was done properly but we still require proper EAC setup and ripping procedures to give our seal of approval to a rip.

Also, the AccurateRip add-on program uses a slightly less precise CRC calculation in its processing of the extracted WAV files. It does this to ensure better matching between drives with different offsets, different pressing houses and different countries. It simply is not as Accurate as matching CRCs from a proper EAC setup. Please, though, we do greatly encourage people using the EAC 0.99 versions to upgrade to version Pre Beta 4 and install the AccurateRip option and activate it for your drive!

Can I report a Waffle Iron approved torrent for breaking the rules?

Yes, you can report a WI torrent for any site infraction just as it were any other torrent. ADDITIONALLY, you may report it for any faults which prevent it from being an exact copy of a retail CD or prevent a duplication of the original rip to a CD-R. If we can verify this then the seal of approval would be removed and comments as to why will be placed in the torrent. However, do not report a torrent because of any filename issues that are not covered by waffles.fm rules. Also do not report a torrent if the cue sheet needed to have its paths removed and/or filenames edited in order to burn with it. It is unfortunate if somebody uploads a cue that you cannot use out-of-the-box, but because anybody can easily edit it to correct such a flaw it is not grounds for rejecting it from having our Seal of Approval. If we notice somebody uploading new torrents with non-ready CUE files we will remind them of the procedure to fix them beforehand.

Why can you only submit your own upload, why not any FLAC/LOG/CUE torrent?

When submitting a torrent to us you are vouching for its properness. Only the uploader (and ideally the ripper) should be allowed to vouch for a torrent in this way. You may not understand why they did not submit it themselves, but that is their decision. And, of course, you have no idea if they ripped it themselves or not, unless they happened to already list that in the torrent. The bottom line is to let uploaders be responsible for their own torrent and nobody else. If the uploader does not care if their rip is perfect it is likely that they would rather have the torrent listed as "not submitted" than the obvious "not perfect". Remember, we are not about pointing out bad rips but highlighting the great ones!

Why does my rip always show up twice in my log?

If you have EAC 0.99 set to "Automatically write status report after extraction" and you choose to manually "create log" ("save log" for EAC 0.95) from the "Status and Error Messages" pop-up, both with the same name and in the same location, it will write twice to the same log file.

I cannot enable AccurateRip. It is greyed out. What can I do?

First, try a few different retail CDs in your drive to see if it will activate. Next, you may need to reset your registry settings for AccurateRip. Follow this guide.
Waffle Iron IRC

For help and questions not covered in the Waffle Iron Rules or FAQ there is a waffles.fm member-exclusive IRC room you can use: #waffles.fm-flac on irc.p2p-network.net. To join the channel type /msg Waffles invite flac from a registered nick that is listed in your profile. If you prefer, you can ask a question via a site PM using this form.
Waffle Iron Links
Send the Waffle Irons a message
Complete List Of Approved Torrents
Exact Audio Copy Guides
XLD for Macs Guide
Last updated on Sept. 18th, 2009