PDA

View Full Version : does real always beat fake?

brenda
12-29-2006, 10:03 PM
Is it like an urban law that Heinz Baked Beans will always taste better than Happy Shopper, that Panda Pops will never be the best fizzy drinks in town and that silicone will never make it onto page 3?

Just wondering 'cus I just ate a packet of Snackrite Cheese Puffs and they tasted every bit as good as Wotsits.

Gripper
12-29-2006, 10:10 PM
I find a lot of happy shopper stuff is every bit as good as brand name stuff,but heinz beanz are the king of beans.

100%
12-29-2006, 10:13 PM
So your saying i actually want to be together with Paris Hilton simply cause my babe has blonde hair?

Actually pharmacists prefer you to buy the "fake cheaper better" than the "real expensive". You need only ask for an alternative.

missie
12-29-2006, 10:19 PM
Panda Pops make my teeth itch and slide slowly out me mush.
Space Invader crisps still rawk though. :happy:

Gripper
12-29-2006, 10:20 PM
Hot and spicy monster munch>space invaders

j2k4
12-29-2006, 11:23 PM
Is it like an urban law that Heinz Baked Beans will always taste better than Happy Shopper, that Panda Pops will never be the best fizzy drinks in town and that silicone will never make it onto page 3?

Just wondering 'cus I just ate a packet of Snackrite Cheese Puffs and they tasted every bit as good as Wotsits.

Frequently, secondary brands are superior as well as real.

"Real", however one defines it, is mostly better, in all circumstances, than "fake".

That is not to say the same applies to "organic" over "synthetic". there are other examples, obviously.

MagicNakor
12-30-2006, 04:31 AM
It really varies depending on what type of food it is. For pasta sauce, the generic stuff is generally pretty wretched.

:shuriken:

DanB
12-30-2006, 04:44 AM
real bewbs > fake bewbs

Biggles
12-30-2006, 08:56 PM

Brenda you are pregnant - coal and slugs would probably taste as good as Wotsits.

Come to think of it coal and slug do taste as good as Wotsits :sick:

Agrajag
12-30-2006, 09:00 PM

Not always, however there are some.

Heinz Beans is one of them, as are Kellogs Frosties. These cannot be equaled, far less improved upon.

However, as an example, I personally very much prefer ASDA brand olive oil spread to Olivio (or whatever they are calling it now).

Agrajag
12-30-2006, 09:01 PM

You know this how. :blink:

Biggles
12-30-2006, 09:17 PM

You know this how. :blink:

I have tasted Wotsits :)

Gripper
12-31-2006, 09:17 AM