PDA

View Full Version : Spybot-S&D settings question

zapjb
12-30-2006, 01:21 AM
What is the setting to change to not have relogon to my favorite websites like this one? I've looked & can't find it. After every scan with SSD I have to logon to all the forums I'm registered to & that I have remember me.

When I've not done a scan with SSD. I can exit browsers. I have Opera 9.10, FF 2.0.0.1 & IE7 (Maxthon 2.0 beta shell). And even reboot or shutdown. Then I can always go back to my forums without relogging in.

nostalgia
12-31-2006, 06:44 AM
Looks to me that S&D is cleaning your usage tracks (history, cookies etc.) and therefore you'll have to log on again to your favorite websites.
Must be somewhere in the advanced mode where you can uncheck this option.
Otherwise maybe http://www.wilderssecurity.com/index.php?
can help you although I had the impression you're already registered overthere.

zapjb
12-31-2006, 07:03 AM
Your assumptions are correct.

But this still leaves me without a solution.

nostalgia
12-31-2006, 08:13 AM
You have to turn off the ability of S&D to remove your usage tracks or use the option Ignore Cookies so the cookies of your favorite websites will no longer be erased after using S&D. All these options can be found in Advanced mode, which is in the menu under Mode.
Maybe there are more of these options interesting for you regarding your problem.

nanotek
01-01-2007, 02:02 AM
it is possible to use s&d in either normal or advanced mode

go advanced mode: options: cookie settings: and then tick those that you want to keep when cleaning

zapjb
01-01-2007, 02:36 AM
I disabled Usage Tracking as suggested. I will keep you updated. Thanks.

Update: This seems to have worked. I'm sometimes too stubborn. I wanted to clear Usage Tracking & still not have the problem.