PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading to XP from 2000 and other concerns.

Keikan
12-30-2006, 07:36 AM
After being lazy and neglecting everything for 2 years, I decided to upgrade to Windows XP from Windows 2000.... I would of done this sooner but I hear all these things about "WGA" and not being able to download Microsoft updates and what not. Ill probably need to download DirectX 9.0c , IE7 and Windows messenger. Other than that I sometimes dont bother to download any updates because I am lazy and neglectful. So i decided to get a new version of windows xp, one that is streamlined with SP2 and all updates from november 2006, but that WGA is still worrying me it seems that verification/activation crap is very unbeatable now and I think might not be able to use Windows even without updating anything even.

So how do i go around the WGA stuff? or should I ask what challenged do I face?

Also I got a message that AVG free is gonna shut down its free thing? Now I also got no idea of what anti-virus to use. Also I was using sygate personal firewall but it got discontinued along time ago? What firewall is good now?

Yes this neglect/laziness has turned me into a n00b again...

Skillz808
12-30-2006, 08:29 AM
If your talking about the etho releases. you have nothing to worry about .

Keikan
12-30-2006, 08:41 AM
yep got that one

Siddharth1
01-03-2007, 01:21 PM
well even if u get the WGA alert... there are many ways to overcome the problem.

Dont worry install the XP.

peat moss
01-03-2007, 02:56 PM
well even if u get the WGA alert... there are many ways to overcome the problem.

Dont worry install the XP.

Yep a simple google will help with that . :)

Keikan
01-04-2007, 09:13 AM
Ok im trying to install windows media player 11 and it wants to connect to the internet to "validate" do i let it?

lysine
01-04-2007, 11:40 AM
there's also an ETH0 fix for that also:
Microsoft.Windows.Media.Player.v11.GENUINE.CRACK-ETH0