PDA

View Full Version : Installing Vista with 3 CDs

sinjix_media
12-31-2006, 08:57 PM
Hey guys,

I downloaded windows Vista from a torrent site and it seems to be a 2 gig file. I don't have a dvd burner. is there any way i can open the iso with an iso reader and spit it up into like 3 CDs and install it like that?

Panther
12-31-2006, 09:08 PM
This is not the right place to ask man, there is an excellent software forum for questions like this...

1b4dm0f0
12-31-2006, 09:52 PM
is there any way i can open the iso with an iso reader and spit it up into like 3 CDs and install it like that?

no

Skillz808
12-31-2006, 10:17 PM
Hey guys,

I downloaded windows Vista from a torrent site and it seems to be a 2 gig file. I don't have a dvd burner. is there any way i can open the iso with an iso reader and spit it up into like 3 CDs and install it like that?

First please post this in the right section next time.

Second use daemon tools or nero or alcohol 120.

kavalchuk17
01-01-2007, 01:03 AM
if he doesnt have vista installed, how would he use daemon or a120?

gamer4eva
01-01-2007, 01:51 AM

The only way would be to burn images onto a DVD then actually install vista. ;) If you don't have a dvd burner you are out of luck. You could try to put it onto a portable HD perhaps and then get someone to burn it for you?

sinjix_media
01-01-2007, 01:55 AM
Hey guys,

First please post this in the right section next time.

Second use daemon tools or nero or alcohol 120.
Thats a very unhelpful and general statement.

The only way would be to burn images onto a DVD then actually install vista. ;) If you don't have a dvd burner you are out of luck. You could try to put it onto a portable HD perhaps and then get someone to burn it for you?
Someone said i can put it on a partitioned disk and install it that way.

sinjix_media
01-01-2007, 06:12 AM
would this work?
http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Utilities/Misc__Utilities/DVD2CD.html

It is real handy for people who do not have a DVD burner but have a DVD they want a copy of... they would split the DVD into even pieces of like 700MB using this program and then burn them each to CDs. My program supports disk sizes of 1.44Mb - 9400Mb. This program will NOT retain the autorun with the spanning (under development). None of my software contains any spyware, adware, any other malicious code. I distribute this as freeware for a reason. No way anything else gets installed to your machine!!! IF YOU TRY THIS AND IT DOES NOT WORK FOR YOU -- EMAIL ME!! Need a custom application, contact me!! Now Supports CD Burning (with XP)!!

gamer4eva
01-01-2007, 06:18 PM
I wouldn't recommend stuff like that....just get a burner they are really cheap or just get a friends. I think you can get burners for like £15. I am not sure how much they cost in usa.

kavalchuk17
01-02-2007, 02:12 AM
Pretty cheap here too.

Heres the first thing i saw on circuit city -
Philips Internal 16x DVD-RW Drive 29.99 (http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Philips-Internal-DVD-RW-Drive-SPD2410BD/sem/rpsm/oid/161885/catOid/-12975/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do)

invitestor
02-12-2007, 09:11 PM
install ubuntu....much better

mariojr
02-13-2007, 01:34 AM
yah..the only way is buying a burner.. vista need a dvdrw drive.. maybe u borrow one dvdrw drive to install..

Ratzy Rox
02-13-2007, 11:37 AM
you could try mounting the iso and installing it from within an existing windows installation, you can get a long way through the installation process like that, if you specify to install to a different partition to the one your working within it may even complete the installation - im fairly sure i did this once with one of the ctp's although that was ages ago so i cant really remember