PDA

View Full Version : Superseeding

greymatter
01-01-2007, 08:36 AM
What is superseeding? Does it benefit the uploader or the leechers ?

kavalchuk17
01-01-2007, 08:58 AM
uts suposed to benifit everyone, but only if your the first seeder.

it supposed to make sure you dont send the same part of the file isnt sent out twice until all of it is sent out once.

and im not sure, but i think depending on the client, it looks at the upload speed and devote more bandwidth to people who will spread the parts faster.

Melvinmeow
01-01-2007, 11:25 AM
uts suposed to benifit everyone, but only if your the first seeder.

it supposed to make sure you dont send the same part of the file isnt sent out twice until all of it is sent out once.

and im not sure, but i think depending on the client, it looks at the upload speed and devote more bandwidth to people who will spread the parts faster.

Thats a correct assumption.

It makes it alot easeir on the original uploader cause he doesnt have to keep sending the same pieces over and over again to each client that requests pieces. If the uploader has already sent a piece that someone elses client needs, the uploaders client will tell it "F-OFF I dont have the piece your looking for but someone else in the swarm does" so to speak ;)

The client also will not send you a new piece unless it detects you have already sent the last piece you received from me to at least 1 other user in the swarm as well. Thus the faster your outgoing the more likely you will complete the file.

gamer4eva
01-01-2007, 05:41 PM
I was sure superseeding decreased the number of peers you connected to so each peer gets more speeds!!!

Hanz™
01-01-2007, 06:39 PM
It wouldn't be good on a private tracker. Ideally you want people to be downloading from you as much as possible to get your ratio up if you are seeding it.

kavalchuk17
01-02-2007, 02:10 AM
Melvin i swear you know everything. :)

and hanz, when your the original uploader, you have no problems with maxing out your connection, so superseeding helps the bits spread faster.

Hanz™
01-02-2007, 02:28 AM

and hanz, when your the original uploader, you have no problems with maxing out your connection, so superseeding helps the bits spread faster.
I mean that because you will upload quicker and more efficiently you will spend less time being the only person with 1 copy (which is when you gain the greatest ratio).

kavalchuk17
01-02-2007, 03:22 AM
Haha, dirty tactics.

but yeah, if you wanted to do that
but of course it slows down the swarm speed and creates those swarms where everyone is at 68.33%, 68.33%, 68.33%, 68.32%, 68.32%...

Hanz™
01-02-2007, 04:42 AM
Which is just what I want. :D

whitepawn2a6
01-02-2007, 05:33 AM
Hanz, right on man

that's what i do too :D

greymatter
01-02-2007, 08:43 AM
Ok, i got it.. so how's it done? :D

zzz1992
01-02-2007, 05:51 PM
Thanks guys, i have been wanting to find this out for a while.

Melvinmeow
01-02-2007, 06:29 PM

I mean that because you will upload quicker and more efficiently you will spend less time being the only person with 1 copy (which is when you gain the greatest ratio).

For best results with this in the manner of which your speaking. Send till you see about 90% throughout the swarm. Then turn the option on.
Then youll have a few people ussually almost complete and it unsures they are sending the remaining pieces out before they complete.

The whole point of using this option is so that you get more seeders. Since they will be having to send out the pieces they get more pieces should be getting sent. It also helps the swarm because it only sends the pieces to people as they share the pieces they get.
Ex: Someone sending 3k wont be getting as many pieces as someone sending 600k. The person sending 600k would complete first and thus be sharing the pieces he got anyways. Where maxing someone normally cause they are only sending 3k isnt efficient since more than likely they are just leeching or its gonna take a LOOOONG ass time for them to share the pieces you sent back to them.
(If that makes any sence.)

j0hn
01-04-2007, 03:33 AM
super-seeding/initial-seeding should ONLY be used if ur the only seed, or ur the 1 who uploaded the torrent. if used in other circumstances then it damages the swarm.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super-seeding