PDA

View Full Version : Strange goings on in Vietnam

Ava Estelle
01-01-2007, 06:01 PM
I have a couple of mates, one Scottish and one Austrian, (both now Australian), who were members of the Israeli special forces, and fought in Vietnam as part of an Israeli assassination squad attached to the US forces.

I know this for a fact, I've seen ample proof, and have also spoken about it to an Israeli mate of theirs, also there, who visited Australia recently.

However, search as I may, I can find no mention of this on the web.

Is this information too sensitive?

This to me is on par with the fact that US special forces were in Afghanistan prior to the Russian invasion, and was one of the main reasons the Russians invaded.

Agrajag
01-01-2007, 06:21 PM
Who were they there to assassinate. I don't mean specific people, what type of people.

Alien5
01-01-2007, 06:28 PM
I dont think they would have told you sensitive information if they new you were going to tell every tom ,dick or harry in FST. :lol:

Ava Estelle
01-01-2007, 06:32 PM
Who were they there to assassinate. I don't mean specific people, what type of people.

As far as I can make out it was military targets, although they're pretty vague at times. When I suggested it was also civilians they denied it. Maybe assassination is the wrong word, it sounds like killing important people, Steve, the Scotsman, actually called it a death squad. I get the feeling at times that they're not sure what they're allowed to say.

Ava Estelle
01-01-2007, 06:34 PM
I dont think they would have told you sensitive information if they new you were going to tell every tom ,dick or harry in FST. :lol:

It was a long time ago, the war finished in 1975, 31 years ago. I'm sure they said nothing for many years, but who would really give a fuck now?

Alien5
01-01-2007, 06:43 PM
why do you ask in your first post: Is this information too sensitive?
do you mean it's too sensitive to be mentioned on the web?
it sounds like the kind of thing that would have been a secret mission at the time, but not anymore. :no:

Agrajag
01-01-2007, 06:47 PM

As far as I can make out it was military targets, although they're pretty vague at times. When I suggested it was also civilians they denied it. Maybe assassination is the wrong word, it sounds like killing important people, Steve, the Scotsman, actually called it a death squad. I get the feeling at times that they're not sure what they're allowed to say.

There was something called Phoenix, could they have been part of that.

Ava Estelle
01-01-2007, 06:51 PM
why do you ask in your first post: Is this information too sensitive?
it sounds like the kind of thing that would have been a secret mission at the time, but not anymore. :no:

It was a rhetorical question. Sure it was secret, so were many other things, but 31 years is a long time to keep a secret.

There was something called Phoenix, could they have been part of that.

Phoenix?

Agrajag
01-01-2007, 06:59 PM
Operation Phoenix, they killed people.

Ava Estelle
01-01-2007, 07:00 PM
I just looked up Phoenix, it certainly sounds like the sort of thing, and being CIA run anything could have happened. Still no mention of Israelis though.

I can't ask Steve, he's just flown off to Thailand, but I'll see what Tony says.

Agrajag
01-01-2007, 07:05 PM
Don't the Israelis do a bit of training in some of their more singular techniques.

Ava Estelle
01-01-2007, 07:19 PM
I've never seen the US involved in any military manoeuvres with Israel, it seems to be too sensitive. They fund them, but that seems to be it.

I must say though, when you see the way the Israelis work, especially Mossad, it does seem to be their sort of thing.

As an addendum to this, when I first met Steve he was an avid supporter of Israel and hated Muslims, Tony far less so, on more than one occasion we nearly came to blows. Steve isn't the type you'd want to mix it with either. Now he's quite pro-Palestine, and is disgusted with what happened in Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos. Whilst I'd like to think I played a part in his conversions, it was mainly down to John Pilger, his new hero.

Agrajag
01-01-2007, 07:47 PM
Tony far less so, on more than one occasion we nearly came to blows.

Doesn't sound like a particularly wise life choice. I once gave a former SBS chap pelters. To be fair I didn't know at the time, it was only later that someone told me who he was. It's the first time I retrospectively shat myself.