PDA

View Full Version : Software to run multiple same program like games in single PC?

spenz
01-04-2007, 08:12 PM
Good day to everyone! Is there an existing software right now that can run simultaneous multiple same program like online games in a single PC? Thanks :)

killuminati96
01-04-2007, 09:36 PM
From what I've read if you take the game out of the registry, and move the folder somewhere else/rename it, then reinstall the game, you would have the game on more then once. It would kill your ping on online gaming assuming there isn't some IP/port conflict anyway.

spenz
01-04-2007, 10:21 PM
oh thanks mate,i'll try it though i think it's complicated.=/ i'd really love to sell some stuffs while playing online.

spenz
01-05-2007, 10:14 AM
mate thanks again but it doesn't worn no matter what i do. it just says "This application is running already." maybe this is impossible for online games as what my friend told me. =/

Skiz
01-05-2007, 10:24 AM
mate thanks again but it doesn't worn no matter what i do. it just says "This application is running already." maybe this is impossible for online games as what my friend told me. =/

It is impossible. You can't have multiple instances of the same game running on the same PC at the same time.

Why would you want to?

C[a]N
01-05-2007, 11:25 AM
install vmware or virtual machine & install game in that virtual machine.maybe it works...

kennyboy
01-05-2007, 11:26 AM
Couldnt you run them in VM's??

Lol...Beat me to it!

Pelorus
01-05-2007, 02:31 PM
there is any way to run multiple utorrent ?

spenz
01-05-2007, 09:26 PM
Thanks for the suggestion mate can and kennyboy, ill try it.

ooo
01-06-2007, 03:42 AM
vmware shouldn't be able to play the games because it produces a virtual video card that doesn't support 3d rendering and stuff.

Snee
01-06-2007, 03:47 PM
I haven't tried it much, but I know that there are guides on how to do it for GW and RO, and probably every other online game under the sun, if people have been interested enough.

How to solve it appears to differ between games, tho'.

GW needs you to do a reghack and use two user profiles I think, whereas RO needs you to hex the client (used to work on gw too, but that's been buggered).

Try googling for stuff like "multiple instances" or "double client" + the title of your game

spenz
01-06-2007, 10:11 PM
@mate soul
yeah sadly i tested it with Vmware and it didn't work.

@mate Snny
thanks a lot for the suggestion mate, the game i was playing by the way was "Tantra online" i heard from the other forums too that they can run multiple clients on it, so that they can still play while selling there stuffs. sadly, they won't bother to give instructions on how to do it. and many says they were just bluffing because multiple instances with tantra online is impossible. tnx again mate.

Snee
01-08-2007, 11:33 PM
k, can't find anything specific about hexing that client, but it might be possible to do it like with GW.

That, however, involves reghacking one user profile in windows to have a different search path, having two copies of the installation folder, one in the new path, and switching between two user profiles in windows, having an account logged in for each profile.

I can't guarantee this will work tho', as Tantra Online isn't GW, so I'd get a second opinion if I were you.

Edit: I assume that there is a way to do it, btw, I don't think it seems impossible. Someone just has to find it.