PDA

View Full Version : i can't upload while you have a seedbox!

kayvanblue
01-05-2007, 05:44 AM
Man thats not fair while some of you guys have a seed box with 100 mbit connection,, while ago i downloaded a huge 24 gb torrent from one of the famous tv trackers (3d rock from then sun) this guy above me is seeding like crazy,he has been online and seeding non stop in pas 5 weeks...the torrent that i am talking about has average 7 leechers all the time..so far i only managed to to pay off 7 gb of that torrent..he alredy has uploaded:dabs: 200 GB +.....anywhere other than this tracker i woould have had 300 Gb uploaded with my 5Mbit connection by this time!! i wanted to download another huge torrent that i always wanted but because of this nightmare guy i should wait another 2 mounths...i wish he wins the lotto and forget about this bit-torrent thingy:frusty:

1b4dm0f0
01-05-2007, 05:52 AM
Man thats not fair while some of you guys have a seed box with 100 mbit connection,, while ago i downloaded a huge 24 gb torrent from one of the famous tv trackers (3d rock from then sun) this guy above me is seeding like crazy,he has been online and seeding non stop in pas 5 weeks...the torrent that i am talking about has average 7 leechers all the time..so far i only managed to to pay off 7 gb of that torrent..he alredy has uploaded:dabs: 200 GB +.....anywhere other than this tracker i woould have had 300 Gb uploaded with my 5Mbit connection by this time!!

you get what you pay for

Hanz™
01-05-2007, 05:53 AM
It's true. There should be diminishing returns on upload ratios so that people won't overseed, when it harms others? Maybe?

Hanz™
01-05-2007, 05:54 AM
Man thats not fair while some of you guys have a seed box with 100 mbit connection,, while ago i downloaded a huge 24 gb torrent from one of the famous tv trackers (3d rock from then sun) this guy above me is seeding like crazy,he has been online and seeding non stop in pas 5 weeks...the torrent that i am talking about has average 7 leechers all the time..so far i only managed to to pay off 7 gb of that torrent..he alredy has uploaded:dabs: 200 GB +.....anywhere other than this tracker i woould have had 300 Gb uploaded with my 5Mbit connection by this time!!

you get what you pay for

Is that really the point of bittorrent though?
Should we allow it to become about money?

lysine
01-05-2007, 05:57 AM
i downloaded a huge 24 gb torrent from one of the famous tv trackers (3d rock from then sun)
//
the torrent that i am talking about has average 7 leechers all the time

more than likely, those aren't really leechers, but people who only downloaded certain episodes out of the torrent. if you partially download a torrent, you still show up as a leech instead of a seed.

1b4dm0f0
01-05-2007, 06:01 AM
Is that really the point of bittorrent though?
Should we allow it to become about money?

you would not pay for bittorrent, you would pay for the internet connection

DefX
01-05-2007, 06:02 AM
This kind of complaint is nothing new as ive seen it in other forums as well. And one thing i can guaratee u is that they will never outlaw the concept of seeding for too long. Personally, id rather get good speeds on older torrents because someone bothered to seed to his heart's content than just get 20 kb/s because overseeding is suddenly frowned upon.

JA
01-05-2007, 07:25 AM
lol sucks to be you. Give me a pm i may help :D

kayvanblue
01-05-2007, 09:35 AM
lol sucks to be you. Give me a pm i may help :D
Thanks bro, but i dont think God himself can help me now.
by the way to the friend above ,i did not mean complain..i just share d the reality in my story with you guys. and yup you could be right ,i never thought of those partial downloaders!! i thought i was doing a smart move by downloading a huge torrent,i always thought huge torrents are a good idea to boost up the ratio,at this point, now i proved myself how wrong i was. i should be thankfull for what i have..if i wanted to buy this series(here where i live) when the dvd came out i should have gave my entire salary of one mounth for it! heheh
thanks
:rolleyes: :blink: :rolleyes:

h4mm44d
01-05-2007, 10:45 AM
This is why whenever I get access to a new tracker, I seed a file previously downloaded from another site on the new one and try to build up a buffer between the amount downloaded and uploaded. Try sorting the torrents by number of leechers and see if you have any of the files and seed them.

On a similar note some sites have a seeding policy of either seed to a X ratio or for Y amount of days

superguy
01-05-2007, 10:54 AM
what is a seed box?

gustafo
01-05-2007, 12:09 PM
a computer that is used only for torrents (mainly seeding)

Hanz™
01-05-2007, 04:16 PM
a computer that is used only for torrents (mainly seeding)
Normally running on a high-speed server, with a very very fast upload rate.