PDA

View Full Version : weak as i am

Buffalo
01-05-2007, 05:59 PM
I went to bed last night with full intentions of waking up as a non smoker.

I smoked the last of my tobacco last night, cleared all ashtrays and any smoking paraphernalia from the house before going to bed.

When I got up I was feeling ok, had the normal cup of tea, read my mails, etc, But within an hour I was feeling quite weird and very agitated.

Well, I've just given in and bought a pouch of tobacco, I don't feel bad to my choice, I just could not do with feeling like I did, it's odd how smoking can calm you down.

The withdrawal symptoms I had were quite bad, anxiety and anger, Thinking what the feck am I doing, give me the damn smoke Now you Mother Fecker, :lol: it was not quite that bad in the shop.

It was not a new year’s decision, I just wanted to gain more of my health back by not smoking.
I guess in time I will, but it shows me that I'm quite weak in that aspect, but quite good at other everyday challenges that are layed before me.

I've just been reading about withdrawal symptoms,
weight gain.
Anxiety and irritability.
Dizziness.
Coughing, dry throat, and mucus.
Insomnia.
Fatigue.
Hunger.
Constipation.
Difficulty concentrating.
Feeling depressed.

After reading what I have, I think it's best for me to continue smoking.

Alien5
01-05-2007, 06:10 PM
Good luck mate, i gave up a few years ago, i found it easyer than i thought it would be, but i only had a few a day, here's how i did it - i didnt go into any shops/off licences for a few months, only supermarkets - and steered clear of pubs/clubs and friends who smoked heavily, i also took up exersise regularly. to get rid of cravings i sustituted fags with health snacks, or sometimes just junk food. :D

Buffalo
01-05-2007, 06:15 PM
Nice one.
I know I can, I think it's just waiting for the right moment,
I've stoped going to the pubs quite some time ago, and it's now just a habit with the smoking.
Christmas has kicked me out a bit from my routine, will be glad when i'm back 100% keeping to my normal daily activities and then I can't smoke like I am.
soon i hope :)

Ava Estelle
01-05-2007, 06:28 PM
You sound like you need some substitutes Baz, try ice cold Coke for the hit, and chewing on a pencil for the cig substitute.

You also need to ask yourself who is in charge of your body, you or the nicotine.

The withdrawals only last a few days, when you feel the craving just remind yourself you no longer smoke.

If all else fails, get on the patches.

Buffalo
01-05-2007, 06:37 PM
Nice one Ava, Thanks for the advice, and good advice.
it's a damn shame I ever started, it's disgusting and the staining I get on my two smoking fingers shows me I being a twat and smoking too much.
Not only that, the pouch of drum I got today again cost me just under £5, That's another £5 I could of saved towards a nice holiday later in the year.
will see what happends when this pouch is running out.

Gripper
01-05-2007, 06:49 PM
Go to the quack tell him you're serious about quitting and you should be able to get the patches or whatever on the NHS,they run a scheme up here called New Leaf which offers support to help you quit.

Ava Estelle
01-05-2007, 06:50 PM

Don't let it run out, go into the kitchen now and fill the pouch with water, I guarantee you won't be buying another one in a hurry, and if you do, wait for the right moment, when you're coughing your guts up, and do it again.

Mr JP Fugley
01-05-2007, 06:59 PM
I used the gum, strong for the first week, then the weak one for a week.

I also chewed normal gum practically all the time. I gave that up after about a month

The worst cravings really do just last a few days. Basically if people can get thro' a day or two then they can give up.

I had been smoking roll-ups for 20 years and gave up, so anyone can do it. You just need to want to.

Virtualbody1234
01-05-2007, 07:06 PM
I noticed that you said you were "feeling ok" until you had a cup of tea. Perhaps the "feeling quite weird and very agitated" was from the caffeine? Try without next time.

Alien5
01-05-2007, 07:16 PM
:O what give up tea and fags?

Virtualbody1234
01-05-2007, 07:21 PM
:O what give up tea and fags?

Well if the tea makes him feel "weird and very agitated" then maybe it's better without tea. At least for a little while.

Alien5
01-05-2007, 07:38 PM
i thought it was not smoking that made him feel "weird and very agitated" :ermm:

Jagarga
01-05-2007, 08:02 PM
:rod:

Buffalo
01-05-2007, 08:10 PM

Don't let it run out, go into the kitchen now and fill the pouch with water, I guarantee you won't be buying another one in a hurry, and if you do, wait for the right moment, when you're coughing your guts up, and do it again.

My God no, could not do that tonight, not because there's anything wrong, I just don't think I could.
I think it's best if I get some patches.
I can't do the... all sit the room thing and discuss it with a group of people, my nerves are bad enough without sitting and talking about this problem.
The cup of tea thing is the norm in the morn, I guess that was the trigger today as I have a tea then roll a smoke, I felt bad this morning when drinking my tea, but like VB said, don't have the tea I guess, have something different for a change.
Exercise has been a very good key factor just before Crimbo; I guess getting lazy has made me smoke more.
I have been very active and it's done me the world of good, long walks at pace, most days average 10 miles, at that time I don't smoke at all, even when I get home, I did not smoke a lot.
Some good advice from you all, I did not think I would get such a response,
I thank you.

Will let you know how I get on, I want to do this for several reasons,
my main reason is my love for surfing, not so long ago I made it out to the second break at my local surf spot, this has been something I have not done for 8 years, going back just over a year ago that would have been impossible to do because of my weight problem and health, I was fecked & fat.
I could not even walk far without getting out of breath.
It was mainly cutting out the shit food and walking, it's got my health back I would say to 60% to what it was pre 2000, it's quite amazing what you can accomplish if you put your mind to it.

Thank you

100%
01-05-2007, 09:05 PM
eat my ashtray and whistle.

Mr JP Fugley
01-05-2007, 10:20 PM
eat my ashtray and whistle.

Would the latter be a verb or a noun.

Chewie - The above is an example of a homonym being used for comedic effect.

PS I toyed with using "affect" in that sentence, but decided against it. I felt it may be taking the point too far.

PPS See above re using "to", suggesting that "far" was a person, or place.

PPPS Plaice.

100%
01-05-2007, 10:31 PM
it is more an experience or "sensation" for those with no teeth.

gamer4eva
01-06-2007, 12:35 AM
Cigarettes suck.....just paying to kill yourself earlier seriously.

Hairbautt
01-06-2007, 12:44 AM
Smoking has got to be the single most stupidest thing to do. The end.

Proper Bo
01-06-2007, 12:46 AM
I disagree. I set my head onfire once, that was stupiderer. fact.

Hairbautt
01-06-2007, 12:47 AM
You are a special case Proper Bo (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/proper-bo-18442). You do know that, right? :huh:

Proper Bo
01-06-2007, 12:48 AM
Yes, hairbutt (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/hairbautt-89486), I do

Alien5
01-06-2007, 12:49 AM
i started smoking coz it was cool. fact

Hairbautt
01-06-2007, 12:51 AM
Yes, hairbutt (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/hairbautt-89486), I do
You took the 'a' out...:dabs: You bastard.

Proper Bo
01-06-2007, 12:52 AM
ewps:o

Hairbautt
01-06-2007, 12:53 AM
I gotta admit, when I'm old and successful, I plan to take up cigars. It's mostly just to look cool and I'll be old, so dying ain't so bad.

Alien5
01-06-2007, 12:58 AM
I gotta admit, when I'm old and successful, I plan to take up cigars. It's mostly just to look cool and I'll be old, so dying ain't so bad. cigars are really nice sometimes. i gave up when i realised i smelt like a tramps ashtray.

Snee
01-06-2007, 12:59 AM
I'm so totally getting a pipe when I grow up.

Hairbautt
01-06-2007, 01:01 AM
I gotta admit, when I'm old and successful, I plan to take up cigars. It's mostly just to look cool and I'll be old, so dying ain't so bad. cigars are really nice sometimes. i gave up when i realised i smelt like a tramps ashtray.
What? Cigars and cigar people smell nice...depending on the type/kinda, I guess.

Hmmmm...I really wanna smell one right now...:happy:

callum
01-06-2007, 01:37 AM
I disagree. I set my head onfire once, that was stupiderer. fact.

Did you inhale?

Proper Bo
01-06-2007, 01:41 AM
Before i'd set my head on fire, yes.

Alien5
01-06-2007, 01:41 AM
a good Cigar is a luxury :smoke:
cigar = lamborghini
Cigarette = skoda

Proper Bo
01-06-2007, 01:42 AM
I'm smurking a skoda right now:01:

callum
01-06-2007, 01:45 AM
I'm smurking a skoda right now:01:

Same here, leave the fancy fags/cars to the posh cunts.

Alien5
01-06-2007, 01:48 AM
skoda ftw :01:

Hairbautt
01-06-2007, 01:50 AM
You know, a fag over here (in "merkin land") is a homosexual.

Mr JP Fugley
01-06-2007, 01:50 AM
It's neither big, nor clever.

It's Busy.

:pinch:

Mr JP Fugley
01-06-2007, 01:51 AM

:O

Proper Bo
01-06-2007, 01:52 AM
It's neither big, nor clever.

It's Busy.

Alien5
01-06-2007, 01:54 AM
you fag! :angry:

callum
01-06-2007, 01:54 AM

Why didn't you just say you hated homosexuals in the first place, no need to beat about the bush.

MagicNakor
01-06-2007, 04:31 AM
:glag:

:shuriken:

Hairbautt
01-06-2007, 04:49 AM
Why didn't you just say you hated homosexuals in the first place, no need to beat about the bush.
I don't hate gay people, but I do consider them mentally ill like a chemical inbalance in the brain. It's just not normal...:dabs:

thewizeard
01-06-2007, 05:16 AM
I'm so totally getting a pipe when I grow up.

You surely mean if SnnY ?