PDA

View Full Version : newshosting down?

artsluver
01-06-2007, 07:22 AM
Can't seem to get into my account at newshosting, nor can I access their webpage? Are they down? or just doing some service?

any ideas?

towerblocks
01-06-2007, 12:24 PM
Website and server are ok for me, Completion has been abit off lately though for me.

digitrifecta
01-06-2007, 08:30 PM
I couldn't get in earlier either...works now. Guess it was just another typical newshosting glitch :dabs:

FriLock
01-06-2007, 08:35 PM
anyone else having speed issues with newshosting right now? I'm using 4 connections and I'm getting like 200-300KB swings like every 3 minutes :(

tesco
01-06-2007, 08:40 PM
My connections been fine since i opened newsleecher (about 11am, 3:30 now).
Getting 120kb/s but that's my internet's max speed.

towerblocks
01-06-2007, 09:39 PM
Yeah downloading headers for me has dropped for the past few hours now, Around 100 to 300KB/Sec, Normaly i can pull headers down at 750KB/Sec.

Jimi...
01-06-2007, 10:55 PM
I'm getting really bad download speeds, fluctuating between 30 and 50KB/s when usually it's a steady 230KB/s. It's been like this for a few days now. Anyone know where I can get a free trial from another USP without having to give card details?

EDIT: Towerblocks, try setting the connections to 30 or 40 if your using Newsleecher. I've set it to 30 and I can download at full speed now. It's pretty crap though having all those connections.

stephenchow
01-07-2007, 11:14 AM
My apologise.
It happens all because of my fault:O, I share my NewsHosting account with my girl and she posted it on a forum:angry:, thousands of members there are using it for free:wacko:, that's why download speed is slow down these days.
Sorry again:cool::whistling:rolleyes:
Have a nice weekend with your girl
Bye

lukaz
01-07-2007, 03:05 PM
Been working fine for me the last 24hrs using 8 connections.

Jimi...
01-07-2007, 03:30 PM
I tried it at 8 connections, only gives me 80KB/s max.

tesco
01-07-2007, 04:24 PM
Anyone noticed that ever since they got their new site they don't post about server problems in the news anymore. :(

towerblocks
01-07-2007, 07:40 PM
Anyone noticed that ever since they got their new site they don't post about server problems in the news anymore. :(

Yeah, I've checked there site a few times recently and noticed it

towerblocks
01-07-2007, 07:44 PM
My apologise.
It happens all because of my fault:O, I share my NewsHosting account with my girl and she posted it on a forum:angry:, thousands of members there are using it for free:wacko:, that's why download speed is slow down these days.
Bye

Ha Ha Ha, Your GF pwned you, Be careful sharing accounts, I was using 10 connections and got an email off them saying to set it to 8 or my account could be disabled, So if they catch you sharing accounts, It could be a straight ban.

stephenchow
01-08-2007, 01:42 AM
My apologise.
Bye

Ha Ha Ha, Your GF pwned you, Be careful sharing accounts, I was using 10 connections and got an email off them saying to set it to 8 or my account could be disabled, So if they catch you sharing accounts, It could be a straight ban.

Take it easy, dude
I've just kidding:lol::lol:

duynghia
01-08-2007, 05:16 AM
Anyone know where I can get a free trial from another USP without having to give card details?

NewsDemon will give you a free 1GB 8 connection limited trial account, but as far as I know NewsDemon is Newshosting's reseller so I guess you may get download speed as same as Newshosting does.
You may ask for a NewsDemon's test account HERE. (http://www.newsdemon.com/support/index.php?department=6&subject=Create+A+Test+Account)

Oh Jimi...long time no see, how are you doing?
I'll lend you my GigaNews account for a free test if you asked for it,Jimi...:cool:

My friend told me that once time she tried to setting connections to 16 and got a Newshosting abuse warning, then reduced connections to 12,and it's fine,she don't get warning anymore.

I heard that Newshosting account could be shared for 2 different IPs safety. I have no idea because I haven't tried it yet. On the other hand, I know a guy who share it for 4 people and account got suspended after received many abuse warning letters and the credit card that had used to sign up banned account can't be used to create a new one.

Thank you

TekBanger
01-08-2007, 08:24 PM
I have been getting reall bad speed to, less than half of what I normally get, I have tried changing ports and it doesn't make any difference :frusty:

FriLock
01-08-2007, 09:04 PM
Newshosting speeds have been fine for me today but I am in the US.

TekBanger
01-09-2007, 10:52 PM
I'm still getting deadly slow speeds while downloading headers and my speed is really erratic when download parts ...anyone else having trouble?

towerblocks
01-09-2007, 11:50 PM
I'm still getting deadly slow speeds while downloading headers and my speed is really erratic when download parts ...anyone else having trouble?

Same here, Was ok few hours ago, But past few hours speed has dropped.

LinkS v2.0
01-09-2007, 11:55 PM
cant believe you guys still use newshosting even after it not working for most people multiple times.

towerblocks
01-10-2007, 12:06 AM
cant believe you guys still use newshosting even after it not working for most people multiple times.

eh?, not working?, I've been with NH for six months and not once have i had any problems, Only speeds being a little up and down sometimes.

LinkS v2.0
01-10-2007, 12:22 AM

eh?, not working?, I've been with NH for six months and not once have i had any problems, Only speeds being a little up and down sometimes.

yeah too many people are getting that I used to get slow speeds myself ;)

Jimi...
01-11-2007, 12:35 AM
Anyone know where I can get a free trial from another USP without having to give card details?

NewsDemon will give you a free 1GB 8 connection limited trial account, but as far as I know NewsDemon is Newshosting's reseller so I guess you may get download speed as same as Newshosting does.
You may ask for a NewsDemon's test account HERE. (http://www.newsdemon.com/support/index.php?department=6&subject=Create+A+Test+Account)

Oh Jimi...long time no see, how are you doing?
I'll lend you my GigaNews account for a free test if you asked for it,Jimi...:cool:

My friend told me that once time she tried to setting connections to 16 and got a Newshosting abuse warning, then reduced connections to 12,and it's fine,she don't get warning anymore.

I heard that Newshosting account could be shared for 2 different IPs safety. I have no idea because I haven't tried it yet. On the other hand, I know a guy who share it for 4 people and account got suspended after received many abuse warning letters and the credit card that had used to sign up banned account can't be used to create a new one.

Thank you

Hey man, I'm doing good thanks for asking. You?

Thanks for the offer, I think I'll take you up on it. I've had to set my connections in NewsLeecher to 30 to get it to download at my full download speed (230KB/s), which can't be right. NewsHosting support reckon my ISP has throttled Usenet downloading but I'm gonna have to try another USP just to be sure.

towerblocks
01-12-2007, 11:07 PM
I can't connect to the server and i can't get on there website, Anyone else having problems.

barabbas
01-12-2007, 11:16 PM
It's back

JohnnySixStrin
01-12-2007, 11:38 PM
I can open their website, but I can't access their servers yet.

towerblocks
01-12-2007, 11:47 PM
Yeah same here, Website back, But server a no no.

JohnnySixStrin
01-12-2007, 11:52 PM
Emailed their support and got this message a couple of minutes ago:

We have encountered an issue with the unlimited server, which has been identified
and is being worked on. The issue should be resolved soon, so try to connect once
again in an hour or so when service returns to normal.

Jimi...
01-13-2007, 01:17 AM
I can connect and download fine here. Oh, I've found out that my fookin' ISP is throttling my Usenet download... Bastards. Hopefully NewsHosting won't mind me using 30 connections as that's the only way I can download at full speed. :wacko: