phoenixfire
01-06-2007, 07:07 PM
:cry:

arkoaction
01-06-2007, 07:12 PM
why?

phoenixfire
01-06-2007, 07:16 PM
why?Because I just got banned there for the 3rd time.:( I'm not trying again till I get another ISP completely.

Ac3Dunk
01-06-2007, 07:19 PM
May i ask why they banned you :(

arkoaction
01-06-2007, 07:23 PM
i dont have acc there yet, but i dont think its too hard to seed there with 12k of members. or im wrong?

RainRoofer
01-06-2007, 07:24 PM
Why are you banned there ?

peat moss
01-06-2007, 07:26 PM
Why are you banned there ?

That would seem to be the magical question , stop do not pass go . Problem seems to be between the site and the key board ? ;) How do you get banned if seeding and keeping a fair ratio ?

phoenixfire
01-06-2007, 07:30 PM
i dont have acc there yet, but i dont think its too hard to seed there with 12k of members. or im wrong?No. It's hard to seed there because half the members have seedboxes which can literally download a gig in about 2 minutes and upload at the same speed. That means for poor people like me with a 8mb/374k connection a good ratio is hard to maintain.

For the record I didn't do anything there to get banned. It just happened.

arkoaction
01-06-2007, 07:44 PM
If that happened, maybe ScT staff (or tracker's script) ping your PC to know your speed and if it too slow, they disable your account (?)

1b4dm0f0
01-06-2007, 07:45 PM
If that happened, maybe ScT staff (or tracker's script) ping your PC to know your speed and if it too slow, they disable your account (?)

i do not think so

DefX
01-06-2007, 07:51 PM
i dont have acc there yet, but i dont think its too hard to seed there with 12k of members. or im wrong?No. It's hard to seed there because half the members have seedboxes which can literally download a gig in about 2 minutes and upload at the same speed. That means for poor people like me with a 8mb/374k connection a good ratio is hard to maintain.

That almost one month free leech double upload didnt help you one bit? Cmon, i just have a regular home cable connection and i still got a 4.0 ratio after that.

phoenixfire
01-06-2007, 08:05 PM
No. It's hard to seed there because half the members have seedboxes which can literally download a gig in about 2 minutes and upload at the same speed. That means for poor people like me with a 8mb/374k connection a good ratio is hard to maintain.

That almost one month free leech double upload didnt help you one bit? Cmon, i just have a regular home cable connection and i still got a 4.0 ratio after that.I signed up 3 days ago.:mellow:

safa
01-06-2007, 08:14 PM
What were the reasons, i am sure you tried to ask?

phoenixfire
01-06-2007, 08:23 PM
What were the reasons, i am sure you tried to ask?How do I do that? I asked coolguy but he hasn't responded in about 4 days now. I'd really appreciate it if someone could tell me how I could talk to an admin/mod.

TYPE R
01-06-2007, 10:00 PM
m8 the best thing 2 do is get a new isp

EFS
01-07-2007, 02:34 AM
What were the reasons, i am sure you tried to ask?How do I do that? I asked coolguy but he hasn't responded in about 4 days now. I'd really appreciate it if someone could tell me how I could talk to an admin/mod.

did you tryed on IRC chat to take with admin ?

gamer4eva
01-07-2007, 02:57 AM
Sorry to hear man....and i think it isn't possible to go on IRC when you are banned.

Skiz
01-07-2007, 03:07 AM
Don't feel bad. Some trackers just suck like that.

I gave OinK a kick to the curb a few months ago. I got tired of seeding certain albums for months at a time in a futile attempt to get a 1:1 ration. It was just more trouble than it was worth.

gamer4eva
01-07-2007, 03:09 AM

I gave OinK a kick to the curb a few months ago. I got tired of seeding certain albums for months at a time in a futile attempt to get a 1:1 ration. It was just more trouble than it was worth.

Yeah oink can be hard to deal with sometimes. I think the only way to keep good ratio there is to have an up speed atleast more than 100KB/s.

router2004
01-07-2007, 05:29 AM
That almost one month free leech double upload didnt help you one bit? Cmon, i just have a regular home cable connection and i still got a 4.0 ratio after that.I signed up 3 days ago.:mellow:
:unsure: How did u sign up 3 days ago?
I thought SCT never open 4 sign up, just invites only.

phoenixfire
01-07-2007, 05:30 AM
I signed up 3 days ago.:mellow:
I thought SCT never open sign up, just invites only.That's what I mean. I got invited 3 days ago and signed up. Shortly after free leech ended.

router2004
01-07-2007, 05:43 AM
I thought SCT never open sign up, just invites only.That's what I mean. I got invited 3 days ago and signed up. Shortly after free leech ended.
Yeah, its is hard to maintain ratio 1.0 with 384kbps up speed unless u have received free upload credit or double up.
But there are a loooot of 0 day trackers these days.
Recently I am so impressed with 2 both sites ( SCP, RevTT ) :w00t:

By the way, is SCT pre time faster than SCP or RevTT? If it is, how fast?

celtic
01-07-2007, 05:44 AM
Oh dear......Lifes a bitch eh ? dw im sure many others appreciate there accs over there.

phoenixfire
01-07-2007, 05:54 AM
Oh dear......Lifes a bitch eh ? dw im sure many others appreciate there accs over there.Meh, ppl get banned for no reason on sct. I still like it but I kinda lost respect for the mods...so I'm not crying over it or anything.

phoenixfire
01-07-2007, 05:57 AM
That's what I mean. I got invited 3 days ago and signed up. Shortly after free leech ended.
Yeah, its is hard to maintain ratio 1.0 with 384kbps up speed unless u have received free upload credit or double up.
But there are a loooot of 0 day trackers these days.
Recently I am so impressed with 2 both sites ( SCP, RevTT ) :w00t:

By the way, is SCT pre time faster than SCP or RevTT? If it is, how fast?ScT isn't the fastest. FTN and SCC generally get the releases faster than sct (by only about 15-30 minutes though)

RevTT is miles behind as far as scene releases go.

ScP is also slower than sct for the most part (though I don't expect it to stay that way) but I heard that some 24 scene episodes were uploaded faster on scp than sct.:w00t:

aburyach
01-07-2007, 05:59 AM
By the way, is SCT pre time faster than SCP or RevTT? If it is, how fast?

ScT is generally pretty good with the pre's, sometimes FTN is faster. Here is one file for comparison. I know you can't really get a sense of a site from just one file, but this is merely an example between ScT/ScP/FTNfor one file.

Saw III UNRATED DVDR-Replica

ScT:
01-06 14:34:36

ScP:
01-06 15:25:54

FTN:
01-06 14:38:55

celtic
01-07-2007, 06:02 AM
Not realy no site is faster it depends which uploaders are around , if uploaders were around when everything pre'd then it would be fun to see who is truly the fastest. But that'll never happen so for now nobody is right and ever will be.

gamer4eva
01-07-2007, 12:48 PM
Yeah uploaders have i life too. I think :lol: Just kidding but seriously FTN and scT are generally the best atm. CT is another one with releases faster than even scT in some cases.

IntrepidVixen
01-09-2007, 09:20 PM

Yeah it can be hard to deal with sometimes. I think the only way to keep good ratio on Oink is to have an up speed atleast more than 100KB/s.

I have that kind of up speed and still have ratio probs there unless I really try either a) not to download at all...b) to find some really out of the way cds I own and rip and up c) wait for their once in a while free leach and grab as much as I can and seed like crazy for ages afterwards.

It takes a lot of management.