PDA

View Full Version : Major Problem

shark
05-19-2003, 07:38 AM
Hey

I really need help with a problem I'm having with, I suspect, my Internet connection. For some unknown reason I can no longer sign into MSN Messenger, it says that the service is unavailible or my connection is faulty. I cannot connect to ANY HL, CS or DOD servers, saying that they could not verify me with the Won.Net servers.

I am coming to the idea that my connection is being blocked by something. If someone can help me with this I would really appreciate this.

Here is a few things you may need to know about my computer:-

ISP: OptusNet 1.0Mbps Broadband
Protections: I have Internet Security set to Medium. I have no Firewalls excluding the one that came with Windows XP, but that has been de-activated.

PS. My connection has really slowed down. A lot of websites now take 2 or 3 times as long to load.

jetje
05-19-2003, 08:29 AM
Did you scan for viri and other shit...??
Online scan will be good. Or check registry for Starr Commander... lot of those seems to be installed the last month..

shark
05-19-2003, 11:13 AM
Well the problem was fixed, Optus sent out an email explaining what happened, something about the cables in my area, quite a lot of problems in area. Problems fixed now. Jesus I got to go all the boards I posted this and on and let them know...