PDA

View Full Version : An All New Speed Tip!

Burre
05-19-2003, 08:54 AM
If you dl movies, and they come to a stall(even when using Speedup and/or ignite), try what I did.

I had 4 full movies downloading for some time, until they suddenly stalled. all of them.
Kazaa found sources, but they wouldn´t connect, or connected at superlow speed. all four movies were dl-ing at below 1.0, or not DL at all.
now the speed for these same four movies: 16, 7, 13, 75!!!!!!!!!!speeded up all at once!!!!!!!
I tried all other tips in the forum, and they never impressed me much...
here´s the secret: DL more!!!!!
I searched and started DL on 12 episodes of friends, and ALL my dls skyrocketed!!!!!!!!!!
try it!!!! You can DL files You want, or files yu dont want, and then delete them.
I just found this out now, so I haven´t got to much experience with it, but feel free to try it, and post back here.
:D :D :D :D :D
add: Its also a good idea to pause the ones that take to much of your bandwith, if you want the full movie first.

sharedholder
05-19-2003, 08:58 AM
:o :o :o I don't speak english very well ,so try to explain one more time.

Burre
05-19-2003, 09:18 AM
if your big movies slow down half way through, download 12- 13 friends episodes, put (very) simply.

willie146
05-19-2003, 09:53 AM
:o
I am sorry but I don't understand you either.
What do you mean by "I searched and started DL on 12 episodes of friends"?
What is or who is "friends"?

It is nice of you to want to share your discovery but very frustrating when one cannot understand what you are recommending.

Please try again.

Thank you.

sam33
05-19-2003, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by willie146@19 May 2003 - 10:53
What is or who is "friends"?

It is nice of you to want to share your discovery but very frustrating when one cannot understand what you are recommending.

Please try again.

Thank you.
sorry willie bit i had to :lol:
ok ill presume from that comment that you don’t have the very popular TV Series Friends (http://www.nbc.com/Friends/index.html)
out of interest what country you from, me Australia, where the show gets heaps of publicity.

I am not saying what Burre is suggesting works but i think this is what he is saying to do., i currently have about 25 things in me que so cant experiment as to weather it works or not.

- Add heaps of things to your downloads (traffic items) and your downloads will go fast(er) <_<

willie146
05-19-2003, 01:16 PM
:unsure:
Hi Sam,

I am from UK now living in France.

I now understand that he was referring to to the TV series which is available on our satellite TV but we don&#39;t watch.

By "adding heaps of things" you mean download many files concurrently, I assume.

If that is correct, I can assure you that it does not work. I must have 25 files attempting to be downloaded of which two or three download. The others say "connecting", "searching" or "more sources needed" without ever making the connevtion.

I was tending to go the other way and reduce the number of active downloads to try and improve the D/L speed of those being received.

The low download speed is real pain.

I have two computers active on KazaaLite and one is more successful than the other but I have no idea why this is.

foot loose
05-19-2003, 03:37 PM
i think DL stands 4 download ;)

TRshady
05-19-2003, 07:10 PM
This is a bit of a stupid tip as there&#39;s no reason why getting friends episodes would result in faster downloads for your other movies, could be coincidence but then again I haven&#39;t tried so I wouldn&#39;t know ...............

mushmush
05-19-2003, 08:17 PM
I find that if you are downloading large files the minute it starts downloading
i get very good download speeds,after 2/3 of the download the speed drops drastically,so what i tend to do is download more files(does&#39;nt after be friends episodes :D )my preference is music files.Once the files (music) start to download all of a sudden my large files start downloading at fast speeds again.

Don&#39;t ask me why this happens, but it always seems to work for me

Burre
05-19-2003, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by TRshady@19 May 2003 - 19:10
This is a bit of a stupid tip as there&#39;s no reason why getting friends episodes would result in faster downloads for your other movies, could be coincidence but then again I haven&#39;t tried so I wouldn&#39;t know ...............
just an example....

Burre
05-19-2003, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by mushmush@19 May 2003 - 20:17
I find that if you are downloading large files the minute it starts downloading
i get very good download speeds,after 2/3 of the download the speed drops drastically,so what i tend to do is download more files(does&#39;nt after be friends episodes :D )my preference is music files.Once the files (music) start to download all of a sudden my large files start downloading at fast speeds again.

Don&#39;t ask me why this happens, but it always seems to work for me
Thats what I´m talkin´about&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :D :D :D

edim
05-20-2003, 05:05 AM
I have noticed this too - your not alone&#33; hehe :D

DeaDoubleJ
05-21-2003, 12:01 PM
He&#39;s saying that if your dl&#39;s have paused starting to download something else will give kazaa a jumpstart a rejuvination a kick in the pants, (if I missed any ufamisims please fill em in for me on the next post) you wont have to continue downloding these new files you can cancel as soon as your files begen to speed back up, basically like when your computer has been sitting doing the same remidial task for a few hours and begans to lag so you have to walk over to it and give the mouse a little jiggle to wake it up and start it moving again.

Burre
05-21-2003, 12:07 PM
thats right, except they dont pause, they just wont connect, or dl superslow.

DeaDoubleJ
05-21-2003, 12:22 PM
well by pause i meant slow down don&#39;t know why I said pause

clocker
05-21-2003, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by TRshady@19 May 2003 - 13:10
Maybe his computer has a thing for
http://www.xs4all.nl/~otter/jenny.gif
:P :P :P

wab73
05-22-2003, 03:50 PM
I think i get it.. ?
and it doesn&#39;t sound too stupid ..

when u do a search for friends episodes you WILL get tons and tons of results...
so your list with active kazaa nodes grows .. (i think)
when the dl then searches again it has a lot more sources to scan?
dunno if this is the case... ? I&#39;ll try ..

Knurl
05-22-2003, 06:37 PM
:( All I managed to do with this tip was to fill my drive with friends episodes &#33;
A System reboot and the use of the latest version of Ptrack does it for me

Burre
05-22-2003, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by clocker+21 May 2003 - 12:25--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 21 May 2003 - 12:25)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--TRshady@19 May 2003 - 13:10
Maybe his computer has a thing for
http://www.xs4all.nl/~otter/jenny.gif
:P :P :P[/b][/quote]
You know what, that could probably be it&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; ;) ;) ;)

Kevhead2
05-22-2003, 11:23 PM
Ok you seem like a nice group of people so im going to tell you how to get the fastest possible downloads.

BUY A T3 CONNECTION&#33; :P

dmorgan89
05-23-2003, 12:20 AM
accually this has worked for me also. i dont think this accually is a tip and would work for everyone. i think it&#39;s coincidence, but while i&#39;m downloading a movie or anything big it helps my downloads if i also fill up my tranfer window with smaller files like mp3&#39;s.

dmorgan89
05-23-2003, 12:23 AM
oh and you don&#39;t get faster downloads by getting a t3 connection. the only way to ever get t3 downloading speeds is either downloading mp3&#39;s (which for some reason always gets better speeds than movies or games with me) or finding a person that also has your connection or higher. Or if you get enough sources to build up to your speeds (which will never happen unless you get lucky). Rarely i ever get up to my 130kbps dsl speed when i&#39;m downloading movies. i dont think having t3 will get you any higher.

Kevhead2
05-23-2003, 08:40 AM
Your downloads do depend on the other persons upload capability.

But if everyone takes my advice and gets a T1 or T3, or better yet fiber optics.......Then we could all download 700MB ISOs in 30 min....in the next 10 years i predict fiber optics for &#036;50 a month, and DSL for &#036;25

when i find a user that gives me 100kbs or better, i check his hard drive to see what else i can get before he loggs off

nueromancer
05-23-2003, 08:41 AM
Okay People.

Downloading "Friends" is not the answer he was putting out. Download ANY multiple files with high bandwidth. Okay?

Oh and getting a T3 WON&#39;T work. I have Cable with 3.9MBs DL speed and I have hit 300+ transfer rate maybe 3 times in the last few months. It all depends how fast everyone else uploads and how many people are using the network. (IE If 5 poeple are DLing from the same source...)

Of course I reall do not know anything :D

nueromancer
05-23-2003, 08:42 AM
See I can&#39;t even quote, God I suck at this :blink:

Ad
05-23-2003, 12:16 PM
I know what he means it has worked for me once. but its stupid

45k user get f*cked by whats the point for them