PDA

View Full Version : The Gators are putting a serious hurt on the Buckeyes...

j2k4
01-09-2007, 03:28 AM
...and I am lovin' it.

33-14 at the half.

I am so sanguine about FU's prospects I am going to bed - this sucker's over.

Skiz
01-09-2007, 03:34 AM
...and I am lovin' it.

33-14 at the half.

I am so sanguine about FU's prospects I am going to bed - this sucker's over.

Counting out the Buckeyes at halftime? BIG mistake. :yup:

Skiz
01-09-2007, 04:19 AM
3rd quarter now over. 34-14 still.

It's getting to be that, 'Now Or Never' point in time for OSU.

Skiz
01-09-2007, 04:36 AM
Touchdown Florida

41 - 14 with 10:20 left on the clock.

Game over.

Congrats Florida.

NA_Magus
01-09-2007, 05:33 AM
It was an awesome game for Florida. I was rootin for them since Ohio beat UT earlier in the season.

Busyman™
01-09-2007, 05:43 AM
Ohio was undefeated. Florida had one loss.

Florida had a much harder conference.

I did notice that

1. The refs are fuck ups even on review. Florida was down at the one but they reviewed it and still said it was a TD. tHE FOOK?

2. They missed an obvious delay of game penalty. The clock went to 0 and about a full second later still no flag. Florida made 1st down that play.

Ginn being out for Ohio hurt them badly. That opening score cost Ohio.

Also although the Ohio O-line looked absolutely horrible, Troy Smith did almost everything wrong that game. When the line broke, he'd turn the wrong way into the defender, he wouldn't get rid of the ball when he was supposed to, and so forth. He looked like a second rate QB while Leak looked great.

Troy Smith will not be the number one draft pick by any stretch. He is too short and his stock went down with this game.

Ware's stock went up after his bowl appearance.

Time for some Gatorade and for Ohio State, Hatorade.

Skiz
01-09-2007, 05:50 AM
Tressel wasn't giving up his zone D for anything, and it lost him the game.

When it's blatantly obvious that the opposing offense is intentionally exploiting your weakness, you must make some adjustments to counter it. They did nothing, and hence, they got embarrassed.

This was the second extremely one-sided matchup in three years.

Midnight720
01-09-2007, 05:58 AM
god i really wanted OSU to win... now i gotta hear florida people bragging about both basketball and football championships...

Busyman™
01-09-2007, 03:28 PM

When it's blatantly obvious that the opposing offense is intentionally exploiting your weakness, you must make some adjustments to counter it. They did nothing, and hence, they got embarrassed.

They were killing the zone. On the flip-side, OSU could barely find an open man.

maebach
01-09-2007, 08:13 PM

I totally agree with you there. ANd Florida's TD shouldnt of counted when they reviewed it.

Who's gonna be the number 1 pick now?

Busyman™
01-09-2007, 08:21 PM

I totally agree with you there. ANd Florida's TD shouldnt of counted when they reviewed it.

Who's gonna be the number 1 pick now?

I think Florida should be #1 if they have most of their squad back.

If you look at the season plus the Championship, Florida AND OSU have one loss.

However, Florida beat OSU AND played the harder conference.

NA_Magus
01-09-2007, 08:22 PM

Why's that? The ball is usually spotted where the football lands on the ground, no?

Busyman™
01-09-2007, 08:52 PM

Why's that? The ball is usually spotted where the football lands on the ground, no?

Not if you are down first.

You can't be down and THEN reach out for a TD.

Upon review, the refs should have caught that.

Look at it this way:

A player is on his knees and THEN stretches for a TD or

A player gets tackled on his back and THEN cocks his arm backwards with the ball to break the plane.

maebach
01-09-2007, 09:46 PM

Look at it this way:

A player gets tackled on his back and THEN cocks his arm backwards with the ball to break the plane.

I wouldnt have counted that florida TD either. and Im sure OSU should have gotten the first down in the second, when they were 4 and 1. The player ran past it, and then got tackled back a yard

j2k4
01-09-2007, 10:17 PM

Look at it this way:

I wouldnt have counted that florida TD either. and Im sure OSU should have gotten the first down in the second, when they were 4 and 1. The player ran past it, and then got tackled back a yard

The Florida "touchdown" clearly was not a good call; that the refs missed it with the advantage of replay was stunning.

Ohio did not make the first down in the second quarter - Tressel made an incredibly bone-headed move going for it in his own territory...failing gave Florida increased momentum and destroyed OSU's hopes of gaining any.

Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Not that I mind. :)

Skiz
01-09-2007, 10:23 PM

No way. Chris Leak was a senior this year and Tebow is not going to be able to fill that spot enough to maintain that #1 position.

Unfortunately, I believe that USC will retake the #1 slot.

maebach
01-09-2007, 10:40 PM

No way. Chris Leak was a senior this year and Tebow is not going to be able to fill that spot enough to maintain that #1 position.

MI-CHI-GAN

Skiz
01-09-2007, 11:13 PM

MI-CHI-GAN

It crossed my mind, but we all know that Michigan has shown they can't win the big games. You have to win a big game before you can take that #1 spot.

Michigan finished lower than USC in the polls even before they lost to USC in the Rose Bowl. USC has proven that they are better.

Why should Michigan get the #1 slot?? :ermm:

Busyman™
01-09-2007, 11:29 PM

MI-CHI-GAN

Don't be silly.:dry:

maebach
01-10-2007, 12:34 AM
it was worth a try.

Busyman™
01-10-2007, 03:36 AM
it was worth a try.

That was a horrible try.

They lost to OSU and lost to USC in the Rose Bowl.

It's a no-brainer that they wouldn't be #1.

brotherdoobie
03-08-2007, 05:51 AM
I still feel sick,when thinking about that game. This is the first time I have talked about it since. Tressel lost the game,his first bad coaching job...since he's been with the Bucks.

Pece bd

j2k4
03-08-2007, 10:51 AM
I still feel sick,when thinking about that game. This is the first time I have talked about it since. Tressel lost the game,his first bad coaching job...since he's been with the Bucks.

Pece bd

Well, when you bring a basketball team to a football game...:whistling