PDA

View Full Version : The Sims Superstar Problem

Kazaa Lite freak
05-19-2003, 02:58 PM
the one that i downloaded, works in a sense, the sims superstar loads, goes through some of the things at the bottom, but then cuts back to the desktop, have i done something wrong, is there anyway you people can help, or direct me to a crack that works. it says someat about u need windows hotfix then a version number in order to work this game, but i have the latest one theres none on windowsupdate plus surlym u dont need it, cus what about people who buy the game without the internet.

id appreciate if any1 ables to help

Chris

CodyMac
05-19-2003, 03:10 PM
You need to give us some more information, like take a screenshot of the error, or Copy down exactly what the error says word for word. Where did you get the Files? Was it a RIP or an ISO? Did you burn it to a disc or did you install from the hard drive?

What kind of System you have? Processor speed, Video Card, Amount of Ram? Are you sure you meet the minimum system requirements?

Kid1A
05-19-2003, 03:13 PM
I have the same problem, cant seen to find out what it is, it was a bin file that ive burnt to cd, ive tried a no-cd crack bu this doesnt work either.

Kazaa Lite freak
05-19-2003, 04:53 PM
it was from Bit Torrenmt i converted to an iso, any idea whats happeneing ??, it loads but then cuts back to desktop :(

Kriz
05-19-2003, 04:54 PM
Simple solution........ Buy it :)
Only £24.99 ;)

CodyMac
05-19-2003, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Kazaa Lite freak@19 May 2003 - 16:53
it was from Bit Torrenmt i converted to an iso, any idea whats happeneing ??, it loads but then cuts back to desktop :(
Still didnt ansewer my question, Did you burn it to a disk or take the files from the BIN and install it from your hard drive,

And whats your system specs?

Kazaa Lite freak
05-19-2003, 05:22 PM
my specs meet the required easily, by much more in fact, i burnt the files from the iso to a cd, and installed from the cd

CodyMac
05-19-2003, 05:25 PM
Use CDMAGE and scan the BIN files for errors, if errors come up, Rebuild the sectors and scan it again, if it still has errors, then download it froma diffrent source.

Kazaa Lite freak
05-19-2003, 05:52 PM
done, both .bins r error free, which is good but bad cus it dont explain whats going on :(

imported_computerfreak76
05-19-2003, 07:27 PM
im having the same exact problem guys

it loads up and will get to where it says at the bottom loading empyreal entities then crash to the desktop.

ive tried everything i possibly know and cant find a solution.

MagicNakor
05-20-2003, 12:55 AM
Do any of you know what copy-protection it comes with? ;) Depending on the type, you might have to do some fancy workarounds. Or wait for someone to put out a working 1:1 copy.

:ninja:

imported_computerfreak76
05-20-2003, 01:42 AM
see i dont think its copy protection or else it would get as far as it does maybe just a bad install file or something?

MagicNakor
05-20-2003, 03:37 AM
Depending on what kind they've put on it, it could be. It's crashing at the same spot for all of you, yes? A bad install file generally comes up when you're installing...I don't know, I can't really say much until I've tried it, and I'm Simmed out right now. ;)

:ninja:

Kazaa Lite freak
05-20-2003, 11:19 AM
if some1 can help please man, cus its so not fair, took me so long to download. mainly because i downloaded once and it stopped at 99% on Bit Torrent, i mean it installs fine, but i get somat about windows hotfix when im about to install saying install a version before playing the game. it cant be the protection really cus it wouldnt load like that would it, it would say please insert correct cd. for that guy who said buy it. LOL ill never buy a game when i can download it EVER!.

any ideas from any1 ???

i scanned both bin files with CDmage and they aint corrupt absolutly no errors

zdog1
05-21-2003, 03:43 AM
Hey Kazaa Lite Freak, I share your anguish. Having the same problem here. My question is has anyone managed to play the game ????? All you smart computer savvy guys, heres a challenge for you. You can do it ;) . We're counting on you'll.

Alfive
05-21-2003, 04:00 PM
the file you need is called

THE.SIMS.SUPERSTAR.PROPER.CRACKFIX-DEVIANCE.ZIP

it can be found here on kazza thats where i found it.
Use winace to unzip it as winzip gives errors (for me) or rename it from .zip to .rar and use winrar

put the files into the directory where the bin file is and type the following in the run command for windows or create a .bat file (again that's what i did)

x:\installdir\Applyppf3.exe (Binfile name) dev-sscf.ppf

x being your hardrive letter where you have the files and
installdir the folder where the files are
binfile name is the binfile name mine is flt-sup1.bin
Example
C:\my shared folder\Applyppf3.exe flt-sup1.bin dev-sscf.ppf

once done then burn the cd and use the crack in the deviance zip not the flt one. hope this helps. it drove me nuts till i found this file and more to figgure how to use it. winxp kept closing the dos box faster than i could read what was in it.

imported_computerfreak76
05-21-2003, 08:23 PM
you mind posting the sigdat for it please?

theantidote
05-21-2003, 11:23 PM
I don't believe it's a crack problem. It's actually a problem EA is working on and know about, also legit users have the same problem. If you have Alcohol 120% on your machine it won't work. I don't know but try uninsatalling Alcohol 120% and The Sims. Then reinsatall The Sims + Expansion Packs (a lot of work) then Alcohol 120%. Tell me if that works.

If that doesn't or you don't have Alcohol 120%, try adding -w after the shortcut, Right click on The Sims shortcut --> Properties

In the target box type:

"C:\Program Files\Maxis\The Sims\Sims.exe" -w

Substitute your Sims directory.

After -w put a space then try each of the following individually:
-nosound
-skip_verify
-skip_intro

If those don't work try:

n the target box type:

"C:\Program Files\Maxis\The Sims\Sims.exe" -no_thread_init

Substitute your Sims directory. Note: This is a last resort from Maxis.

If none of the above solutions work Uninstall, run the Sims Eraser (which is at: http://thesims.ea.com/us/support/simseraser.html), then reinstall everything.

WARNING!!! THE SOLUTION ABOVE WILL ERASE YOUR ENTIRE SIMS DIRECTORY!

Hope any of those work!

imported_computerfreak76
05-21-2003, 11:49 PM
hey dude dont you think weve been to the maxis site and tried those things thats where you got all that from. DUH!

Alfive
05-22-2003, 03:11 PM
yes it is a crack problem Flt Released a broken bin file. the dev fix works. as far as posting a sigdat for the file. not to sound like a a**hole but just do a regular search for the file like i did

Kayl
05-22-2003, 05:48 PM
can anyone post a site where you got it for bittorrent

imported_computerfreak76
05-22-2003, 06:24 PM
not to sound like an asshole but ive been searching for the fix for 2 days! could some please post a sigdat for it when they get it please?

Freek1e
05-22-2003, 07:23 PM
here is the fix

File:The_Sims_Superstar_Expansion_Pack_PPF_Fix.FLT.X-gamers.ShareReactor.rar
Length:8240 Bytes,8KB
UUHash:=Slqu5Y/stwrlPgCtbhE2Lc/f//8=

Alfive
05-22-2003, 08:44 PM
OOPS!!!!!! sorry now i see why you can't find it, i renamed the zip to .rar but posted the zip format you should be able to find it now. again sorry. (and i don't know how to do sigdat's yet)

Alfive
05-22-2003, 08:49 PM
www.suprnova.org

zdog1
05-27-2003, 09:08 PM
Hey guys,

Need a lil help. I'm trying to install the patch but when i run the patch it gives me an error
cannot open file 'FLT-SUP.bin': Permission denied.

ANY1 have any ideas as to how i can fix the problem.

Thanks a lot
ZDog

imported_computerfreak76
05-27-2003, 11:45 PM
hey zdog if i were you id download the sims 7 in 1

much easier plus if you have to reinstall you dont have to go through the hassle of individually reinstalling all the expansions

Kid1A
05-28-2003, 10:37 AM
the crackfix dont work, i just get not enought paramaters? any ideas

Kid1A
05-28-2003, 12:44 PM
Many thanks to alfive, follow his guide above, it works no problem if you do what he says, you must aplly the ppf fix and use the v2 of the crack. anyone who needs help, PM me and ill try to help you.

zdog1
05-28-2003, 07:12 PM
Hey computerfreak,

I just finished downloading sims 7 in 1 off a channel in IRC. Took me about 10.5 hrs but i finally got it. Ther file size was about 1.5 Gb When i tried to install it it popped up in some weird font. Does the game too have the same problem or is it just the file that i have downloaded that might be bad. Gonna go ahead and try to install it anyways, since i've already downloaded the file. Thanks for the tip though.

ZDog ;)

imported_computerfreak76
05-29-2003, 04:53 AM
its in chinese if you look back a few pages you'll see how to fix it to english.

i like this 7 in 1 its way better than having to install all the expansions separately.

davy123
05-30-2003, 06:23 AM
the cracks are for 1.0 and we have 1.8 O.o

Kid1A
05-30-2003, 11:21 AM
use the fairlight fix on cd1 not the devience one. search for superstar fix on kazza, you should find it.

davy123
05-30-2003, 02:36 PM
i installed it it works now but if i try to move around i hear a beep
i see the feet thing but there are no actions available HELP!

Kid1A
05-30-2003, 02:56 PM
you need the fairlight v2 crack not the v1 one, www.gamecopyworld.com

davy123
05-30-2003, 02:59 PM
i found it thnx it works love you :P

Kid1A
05-30-2003, 03:02 PM
go to gamecopyworld and search for the sims