PDA

View Full Version : Will this get me banned from a private tracker?

01-09-2007, 05:19 PM
If I download and seed from another internet connection can that get me banned from a private tracker? I'm thinking about seeding from two houses to improve my sharing ratio.

Jacktoo
01-09-2007, 05:26 PM
It varies a bit from tracker to tracker, try contacting a mod on the tracker where you're contemplating doing it to see what their rules on it is. Also, he could tag your account so the others know what's going on if they spot it.

Alien5
01-09-2007, 05:29 PM
If I download and seed from another internet connection can that get me banned from a private tracker? I'm thinking about seeding from two houses to improve my sharing ratio. no it wont get you banned.

Vercors
01-09-2007, 05:48 PM
Bit offtopic : what happens to the people you invited if you get banned from a tracker? do they get banned aswell?

ps : i'm not banned from any tracker, and I'm not planning to do anything "bad" that could get me banned, just wondering

gamer4eva
01-09-2007, 05:58 PM
It won't get you banned. I mean aslong as you keep 1:1 in the original site you dl from then it does not matter where else you seed it.

aka_void
01-09-2007, 06:08 PM
If I download and seed from another internet connection can that get me banned from a private tracker? I'm thinking about seeding from two houses to improve my sharing ratio.

Is that even possible on most trackers? I'd assume you'd run into the "You can't leech from more than one location at a time" error

Sneakydave
01-09-2007, 09:18 PM
leeching from more than one ip at the same time may well get you banned but they're talking about seeding from more than one ip, which is fine

n00nekn0w
01-10-2007, 04:39 AM
Read the FAQ of the site, you can use up to 3 computer (IP add) to seed to 1 tracker and download only 1 PC