PDA

View Full Version : Help!Please!Too many running Apps

.Dan.
01-09-2007, 11:56 PM
Hva ejust purchased a new via laptop, have got few programs that i want, ive got 66 running apps though, over half i dont think i need, is there anywhere that could find out what they are and if i need them?Cheers!

dodgy368
01-10-2007, 12:23 AM
Hva ejust purchased a new via laptop, have got few programs that i want, ive got 66 running apps though, over half i dont think i need, is there anywhere that could find out what they are and if i need them?Cheers!

That's way too many, run a hjt scan and post the log in an online hjt thingamejig(forgotten what it's called) and it'll tell you what the running processes are, or post it on here and we'll have some fun with it.:P

zapjb
01-10-2007, 12:53 AM

That's way too many, run a hjt scan and post the log in an online hjt thingamejig(forgotten what it's called) and it'll tell you what the running processes are, or post it on here and we'll have some fun with it.:P
It's not spyware. It's a new lappy. Google processes & apps if necessary. But for enmass removal "PC Decrapifier" supposed to be good. Bottom line though. You have to make the choice of what to keep.

dodgy368
01-10-2007, 08:28 PM
It's not spyware. It's a new lappy. Google processes & apps if necessary. But for enmass removal "PC Decrapifier" supposed to be good. Bottom line though. You have to make the choice of what to keep.

Nothing in my post about spyware, just offered a quick and easy way to find out what his running processes are, and if he needs/wants them. ;)

harrycary
01-11-2007, 12:58 AM
click start>run>type "msconfig"(without quotes). go to the "startup" tab.

disable processes you don't need.

tip: a lot of programs are set to run on startup but aren't truly needed until you run them.

thewizeard
01-11-2007, 04:10 PM
Or DIY with this handy tool, WTF (http://rcmedia.town-local.net/software/index.php?option=articles&task=viewarticle&artid=37)

XF95
01-11-2007, 08:40 PM
That's a very handy program!

faresalandlos
01-12-2007, 11:58 AM
and uninstall

the programs that u don't need

djsosofresh
02-01-2007, 10:00 PM
what do you do when you try to open msconfig and it gives the following error:

"Windows cannot find 'msconfig'. Make sure you have typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button, and then click Search."

I have had this problem for a long time and could never figure out how to fix it.

dodgy368
02-02-2007, 12:02 AM
what do you do when you try to open msconfig and it gives the following error:

"Windows cannot find 'msconfig'. Make sure you have typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button, and then click Search."

I have had this problem for a long time and could never figure out how to fix it.

Start > Search "msconfig" WRONG

Start > RUN "msconfig" CORRECT

Hope that helps. ;)

lovemuscle
02-02-2007, 12:19 AM
wonder if he sorted it...lol

djsosofresh
02-02-2007, 08:43 PM
yea thanks for the help. i found out that my msconfig.exe file was missing. so i replaced it and now it works.