PDA

View Full Version : Help!

SonicSprite
01-10-2007, 07:52 PM
Sorry to come to your boards only seeking help, but I have a small torrent problem x.x my roommate downloads torrents all the time and it slows down my internet connection, is it possible to set up his computer to download those and not affect my internet speed?

Sorry again to come to your forums, but any advice would be great!

manker
01-10-2007, 07:59 PM
Sorry to come to your boards only seeking help, but I have a small torrent problem x.x my roommate downloads torrents all the time and it slows down my internet connection, is it possible to set up his computer to download those and not affect my internet speed?

Sorry again to come to your forums, but any advice would be great!
You should set his torrent client to download at half of your max (combined) connection speed. So if you're on a 2 meg connection, set his to download at 110KBps maximum.

With uTorrent, you do as follows; Options >> Preferences >> Connection >> amend the 'bandwidth limiting' box.

Also set his upload at half of your maximum upload speed. You can then share the connection.

Im not sure how to limit other BitTorrent clients but I imagine others also come with this feature, ABC certainly does.

If not, get a program called netlimiter (http://www.netlimiter.com/) and install it on his computer, you can then use that to limit his connection.

Mr JP Fugley
01-10-2007, 08:09 PM
Nice post mankster. Pretty much says it all.

Let the spammage begin.

micky3840
01-19-2007, 01:09 PM
you got that right