PDA

View Full Version : RABBIT -what the....?

PanEko
01-11-2007, 02:03 PM
Well since today i cannot access my account((
WHen i go to rabbit i see that biosth site, and i press little white rabbit in the bottom right. Then im transferred to login page, and when i type it in, im going back to that bio... page.:cry:
Theres no inf that my acc was banned, 403 forbidden or whatever. After logging in im going back to bio.... page all the time

any1?

RainRoofer
01-11-2007, 02:09 PM
-------

PanEko
01-11-2007, 02:12 PM
nope, theres no info that its disabled - it says username or pass incorrect
and when i try to recover it says that my email wasnt found in the database

ehh i managed to use pass recovery, but in the end it disabled too

Ac3Dunk
01-11-2007, 02:45 PM
Well the funny think thats i saw today in F*** someone called SomeOne1 http://i13.tinypic.com/2nu2hq9.gif he got an invite from madypro by trading and he report other FST members :shutup:

walczanin
01-11-2007, 08:15 PM
bye bye rabbit - it was shitty tracker anyway
if u would ask me - 3.5 max

RainRoofer
01-11-2007, 08:49 PM
-------

Patriot foreve
01-11-2007, 09:40 PM
Well the funny think thats i saw today in F*** someone called SomeOne1 http://i13.tinypic.com/2nu2hq9.gif he got an invite from madypro by trading and he report other FST members :shutup:

this a**hole spy is gonna fall sooner or later,he is amember here and aspy ,i remember seeing that acc name before but i still can't remember for whom it was

gustafo
01-11-2007, 10:22 PM
bye bye rabbit - it was shitty tracker anyway
if u would ask me - 3.5 max

I liked it, and their staff,
but after what happened, I reconsidered.

this a**hole spy is gonna fall sooner or later,he is amember here and aspy...

word 3x !!

i hate fu***ng snitches!

Recoba
01-11-2007, 10:27 PM
fu*k all the damn snitches

walczanin
01-11-2007, 10:29 PM
yeah kill m**********s!!!!!!

DefX
01-11-2007, 10:35 PM
LOL u fellas sound like an angry mob about to lynch somebody. Not that they dont deserve it of course.

morphine
01-11-2007, 10:39 PM
I have the torches and the pitchfork. Who wants to follow me?

gamer4eva
01-11-2007, 10:41 PM

I didn't deserve the ban.....:huh: I had not traded or even mention it.:cry:

walczanin
01-11-2007, 10:41 PM
me me me me

sweet revenge

gamer4eva
01-11-2007, 10:47 PM
So do they have a reason to ban me. Is it a crime to be a good member of the site? Is it a crime not to trade invites? Is it a crime not to even mention url and instead just use acronyms? I think not. I did nothing and they just shoved it all back in my face. Sad story aint it.

So in conclusion if i did not trade and i did not mention url then what is the reason for my ban? Could someone clarify?

gustafo
01-11-2007, 10:51 PM
gamer4eva, probably it was "good enough" for them if you got your account for free and your invitee later decided to do a trade...

or if you were just "lucky" enough to be in that damn invite tree...

sad story on both ways anyway... :( :(

IntrepidVixen
01-11-2007, 10:55 PM
Some sites don't even allow the use of acronyms or ******s

gustafo
01-11-2007, 11:01 PM
yeah, but i'm sure that he wasn't banned because of "using" or "not-using" of acronyms

RainRoofer
01-11-2007, 11:23 PM
-------

xtcstylx
01-11-2007, 11:59 PM
its the invite tree buddy.
one person gets banned in the tree, whole tree banned.

JA
01-12-2007, 12:36 AM
gamer we all love u :D and ur ftwr account ;)

pECi
01-12-2007, 01:17 AM
yeah...my acc got disabled too...dunno why though i got months ago and didn't really mentioned nothing 'bout it really..maybe one or two mentions in a few months but i dunno...anyway idk...if they don't want users i ain't got a problem with that...let them be the ub3rl33t3st site...for all i care they should disable all users except the staff...that would be a 1337 tracker

kavalchuk17
01-12-2007, 01:40 AM

I didn't deserve the ban.....:huh: I had not traded or even mention it.:cry:

same exact thing happened to me. I never mentioned i had it in public and never put it up for trade.

I went to thier IRC and they said i was invited by a trader.

I fucking seed 4.5:1 and got to 30G up | 6G down, and they ban me for being invited by a trader. I took files from faster sources and helped seed there, but no, i was invited by a trader. Thanks rabbit, ive been nothing but a good user. Thanks for banning me.

JA
01-12-2007, 05:57 AM
Does anyone have a rabbit acount NOT disabled. If so pm me.

Patriot foreve
01-12-2007, 06:45 AM
let them suck their tracker,it's not that good anyway with poor speeds

may be their end will be sooner than expected :D :D

magister
01-12-2007, 07:15 AM
I noticed their name is not censored anymore

mofo.
01-12-2007, 07:42 AM

why?

JA
01-12-2007, 08:59 AM
Dont worry. Its all fixed. Dont stick your nose in it please u n00bs.

Backslash
01-12-2007, 09:07 AM
ironic. their banning of all these users for (supposedly [i say that because i've never seen it]) posting the link on public forums will probably only get them even more publicity and their link and name will only be posted even more since everyone's pissed off they were banned for no GOOD reason.

gamer4eva
01-12-2007, 09:30 AM

I am guessing that everyone has been banned.:(

JA
01-12-2007, 10:50 AM
We may lose our accounts. But believe me we dont go down without a fight.

Ne'tu
01-12-2007, 11:00 AM
Guys, one good thing about it: we did a very good job trading invites at FTWR, almost all of us had an account there... :lol:

thedude0
01-12-2007, 12:21 PM
good thing you were all banned, shouldn't be trading invites for private trackers on public forums like these

JA
01-12-2007, 12:39 PM
Ok ftn snitch.

Moonspell13
01-12-2007, 12:54 PM
good thing you were all banned, shouldn't be trading invites for private trackers on public forums like these
Seriously man, get a life.. :D You're pathetic.. feel sorry for you.. :D

thedude0
01-12-2007, 01:09 PM
Seriously man, get a life.. :D You're pathetic.. feel sorry for you.. :D

People who "don't go down without a fight", make topics like http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/bittorrent/t-fuck-f-t-w-r-148694 and hope it'll be ftwr's end sooner than expected are pathetic, not me

Moonspell13
01-12-2007, 01:34 PM
You answered polite so i'll answer polite to you too:
Might be true, but isn't pathetic snitching on other ppl and reporting them?
The time you spend snitching you can spend on the site you're doing something waaaay more constructive.. (you know, uploading a torrent etc. hanging on irc, on forums, support etc.. ;) )

Vanguard
01-12-2007, 02:30 PM
I don't think pathetic is snitching on others, and reporting them, it's part of the job description. What I think is pathetic is, trading all ones accounts, for an sct invite, or feeling the need to collect as many sites as possible, and going against site rules by trading them. If a staff member from a community wants to check up, and see who is trading their invites, and then does something about it...this is not pathetic.

Moonspell13
01-12-2007, 02:37 PM
I don't think pathetic is snitching on others, and reporting them, it's part of the job description.

So you think that someone who does this had any honor left? Also why don't you answer in me previous post? :dry:

What I think is pathetic is, trading all ones accounts, for an sct invite, or feeling the need to collect as many sites as possible,

I agree on that ;)

and going against site rules by trading them. If a staff member from a community wants to check up, and see who is trading their invites, and then does something about it...this is not pathetic.

Well that's a loooong debate which has been done many times so we're definetely not reach any conclusion... :noes:

Melvinmeow
01-12-2007, 06:01 PM
It looks to me like they simply banned the whole invitee tree maybe even a few stages back.
EX: Bob invited Larry
Larry invited Jill and Gertrude
Who in return invited 4 users ect...

They maybe have caught one of the first ones trading invites still and thus disabled any accounts spawned off of BOB or visa versa ... Caught 1 down the line and followed it back to bob.
Either case they dont want their invites to be traded and it would be only right in their own methods for them to try and enforce it.
On the side note sorry it lead to sooo many of your accounts being disabled.

Patriot foreve
01-12-2007, 07:50 PM
@thedude0 and any staff spy in here

The Problem is that u guys don't believe that we can get other accounts whenever we want ,it's really very easy to get in any tracker that has or hasn't invites

U don't realize that we have added to the tracker and helped seeding,uploading and some good things to the community anywhere we join

The Members at FST are The best members that u can have ,there are alot of public forums that trade your accs or invites but FST is not that open and most of the users are great members who will help any tracker they join

I think u should reconsider that stupid policy because we trade invites to get good sites and we are good members to any site we join and we will get to any tracker whether u liked that or not

Even if u made an ip or isp or even acountry ban,we will still be able to get in with proxies and other stuff,it's just seems that wanna some global hatred and u will definetly get that with your aggressive attitudes

mofo.
01-12-2007, 08:01 PM
People who "don't go down without a fight", make topics like http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/bittorrent/t-fuck-f-t-w-r-148694 and hope it'll be ftwr's end sooner than expected are pathetic, not me

no, users who snitch on other users for something as mere as trading invites on a public forum if you were expecting gratitude is pathetic. i bet you are one of those users that really suck up to the members of staff, stop being a sheep

Ignacy
01-12-2007, 08:03 PM
If you don't understand..

You must understand the fact that we are a private community. Posting our torrents - or in fact even our name – off-site is strictly forbidden. This includes offering **** invites in any forum thread on any site. Accounts have been and will be disabled for disobeying this rule.
...don't signup again

Moonspell13
01-12-2007, 08:06 PM
Guys, one good thing about it: we did a very good job trading invites at FTWR, almost all of us had an account there... :lol:

:D:D:D Post Of The Month :D:D:D
lmfao:D
That's the spirit :w00t:

mofo.
01-12-2007, 08:11 PM
Guys, one good thing about it: we did a very good job trading invites at FTWR, almost all of us had an account there...

i have had 3 accounts there before, the tracker was not all that

showbox
01-12-2007, 08:14 PM

You must understand the fact that we are a private community. Posting our torrents - or in fact even our name – off-site is strictly forbidden. This includes offering **** invites in any forum thread on any site. Accounts have been and will be disabled for disobeying this rule.
...don't signup again

man , i didn't trade their shit invites ..... but they banned me too for no f**king reason :blink: :lol:

Patriot foreve
01-12-2007, 08:14 PM

...don't signup again

Then Change Your stupid rules,also what the hell will happen if some good members get in your private tracker

they will add to that community but instead of u encouraging them to seed and upload ,u ban them

invites are offered everywhere and it's better for them to be offered in FST instead of them being offered in thousands of sites without any strict rules because we have strict rules here and this place is only for good users not like thousands of other sites around

mofo.
01-12-2007, 08:16 PM
they will add to that community but instead of u encouraging them to seed and upload ,u ban them

we should ban every member from ftwr

gamer4eva
01-12-2007, 08:46 PM
It was not really a smart move to ban everyone.

Shadowfire
01-12-2007, 08:52 PM
But they accomplished their goal: to have a sucky small exclusive tracker with no users. Good for them. =)

walczanin
01-12-2007, 09:49 PM
that was an own goal u know?
ftwr wont be the same ever again.
That what u have riuned, cant be rebuild in month or two. Infact it was a harakiri for ya guys->ftwr
@Patriot foreve -> exactly mate, FST rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!

to ftwr staff: remember guys, its a comminity of users, what makes random sites top ones, not stuff, not stupid rules

mofo.
01-12-2007, 11:00 PM
to ftwr staff: remember guys, its a comminity of users, what makes random sites top ones, not stuff, not stupid rules

good point

gamer4eva
01-12-2007, 11:02 PM
Personally it is commitment of users that makes a site worth looking at!!!

cyph3r
01-12-2007, 11:34 PM
i had an account there, several hundred gigs uploaded, nice ratio... now it's gone :(

RainRoofer
01-12-2007, 11:55 PM
-------

cyph3r
01-13-2007, 12:00 AM
i am pissed indeed...

shikotee
01-13-2007, 09:45 AM
Yup - sounds like we have great champions of BT here.

Why bother to understand the values someone else cherishes, when you can simply thrust your own forward.

"remember guys, its a comminity of users, what makes random sites top ones, not stuff, not stupid rules"

I don't suppose that it ever occured for you even for a second that maybe the site is not interested in achieving your so called "top site" status.

These rules are not meant to oppress you. If you do not like the philosophy of the site, you have so many other places you can go to. Not every tracker is going to be the universal embodiment of your so-called perfect tracker.

Try to imagine for a second that the values that you believe in are not necessarily universal.

Yeah - alot of good people got screwed in this process, and that sucks.
Instead of flaming at the mods of the site, I recommend that you turn your anger on the people who disrespected the philosophy of the site, as they are the TRUE reason as to why this happened. Had they not done the things that they did, none of this would have happened.

So you call someone who honors rules a deragatory snitch?
Lol - I call the ones who sold out the site the snitches.

Moonspell13
01-13-2007, 10:22 AM
This rule definately seems to be a pain in the #$%^&, but it is understandable as to why it would be put into place. We live in an age where instant gratification is an expectation, and patience is hardly ever practiced.

With that said.... despite the fact that it is Day#1 for me, I'm itching to check out this section!!!

Hmmm about a month ago you wanted so badly to join the invites section...:D
A little bit confused aren't you?[<----the usual newbie who right now is probably begging the rabbits to give him an invite for the good support he provides for the here :D:lol::lol::lol:] Anyway, plz mind your own bussiness..

justaprick
01-13-2007, 11:04 AM
silly silly people what did yall expect?Why join a site and then break one of thier bigest rules?Dont you know many of us like having a place that isnt open for just anyone?you were part of a family and you betrayd them all.you all got just what you deserved.

Shalafi
01-13-2007, 11:12 AM
You will get just what u deserved too :)

We Shall See.

morphine
01-13-2007, 11:32 AM
silly silly people what did yall expect?Why join a site and then break one of thier bigest rules?Dont you know many of us like having a place that isnt open for just anyone?you were part of a family and you betrayd them all.you all got just what you deserved.

I agree that when someone signs up for an account he should follow the rules of said site. But i dont think thats what's at stake here. A lot, if not most, were unfairly given the boot. It shouldnt be this arbitrary.

You cant claim that the site is like a family and then throw someone out without even knowing if he's gilty of something. And to be honest, some of this family speech starts to look tiresome. It looks more like a religious cult speech than a filesharing site speech. It's becoming more and more elitist.

Melvinmeow
01-13-2007, 03:47 PM
Read the post I made about 2 -3 pages back for the reason as to why they were more than likely banned.

This thread seems to be more about people being pissed for their accounts being banned.
I havent seen anyone fess up to breaking the rules yet which 99% of you probably did break.
Im sure where were a few of you in the line that got banned that didnt really deserve it.

shikotee
01-13-2007, 10:18 PM
Hmmm about a month ago you wanted so badly to join the invites section...:D
A little bit confused aren't you?[<----the usual newbie who right now is probably begging the rabbits to give him an invite for the good support he provides for the here :D:lol::lol::lol:] Anyway, plz mind your own bussiness..

Dude.... great spy work on tracking down that old thread!
You should take the time to read other stuff I have written! ;)

And I stand by what I wrote. Being a noob here, I was really curious as to what was going on there! Prior to my time here at FST, I'd never been a member of any filesharing forum.

I think FST is great for learning about other trackers that are out there.
Thanks to reading various forum posts, I've had the chance to join and check out other trackers that are out there. It has given me the opportunity to expand.

I am rather pleased to say that in my time here, I've never tried to trade for an invite or an account. I'm already overwhelmed with what I have!

But boy - the way you have judged/condemed me certainly says alot about you, and how narrowly you see the world....

Moonspell13
01-13-2007, 10:32 PM
lol Shikotee i have some other gift for you, check the other thread ;)
also if you can judge how someone see the world by some forum posts, then boy, you have to learn that the world is NOT here, it's out there... turn off your pc man and go outside to see what the real world is.. Also , plz don't continue this personal thing here, you can always pm me and talk about it, ok?

shikotee
01-13-2007, 10:36 PM
I agree that when someone signs up for an account he should follow the rules of said site. But i dont think thats what's at stake here. A lot, if not most, were unfairly given the boot. It shouldnt be this arbitrary.

You cant claim that the site is like a family and then throw someone out without even knowing if he's gilty of something. And to be honest, some of this family speech starts to look tiresome. It looks more like a religious cult speech than a filesharing site speech. It's becoming more and more elitist.

Your points and concerns are valid.
The way things played out was a disaster for both innocent users and the admin team of the site.

I can understand and relate to the users that have a bitter taste from this experience.

With that said, I just can't understand and can't condone the angry mob that has tried to destroy things in the heat of rage.

Sorry - I just don't buy into y'olde "An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth" kind of thinking.

In any case - just remember that the people who run a tracker do not owe you anything. They put in time and money to run things, and they must make decisons that serve the best interests of not only their users, but also their philosophy. They are human beings.

As a user, it is easy for me to get pissed at admin teams when things do not go my way, but I keep in mind that I've never done the work that they have done, and that I am judging them from a very ignorant position.

Melvinmeow
01-14-2007, 02:20 AM
NO matter how harsh you may think they are being. They are only looking out for their users. They are trying to keep their tracker to the safest they can to make users feel secure. Contrary to what you guys beleive alot of the users on this particular site have stated they respect the staff for taking such precautions. I guess you cant please everyone. Especially considering some people got hung off the wrong end of the rope so to speak.

mofo.
01-14-2007, 03:32 AM
Contrary to what you guys beleive alot of the users on this particular site have stated they respect the staff for taking such precautions.

for fear that their account will be disabled, probably

TheFoX
01-14-2007, 03:40 AM
Contrary to what you guys beleive alot of the users on this particular site have stated they respect the staff for taking such precautions.

for fear that their account will be disabled, probably

Do you know that for a fact, or is that an assumption?

mofo.
01-14-2007, 04:04 AM

it is neither, it is my opinion

TheFoX
01-14-2007, 01:12 PM

it is neither, it is my opinion

And that is the crux of the matter... Opinions...

We all have opinions. Some think the purge is right, and others think it is wrong. Opinions are really perceptions of what is around us.

To be honest, my opinion is that many here are ranting about the way that the Rabbit has treated them, because they actually value/d their account, irrespective of what they say now.

If I was banned from a torrent site that I didn't value, I wouldn't think twice about it, but if I was banned from one I DID value, then I would rant.

Mind you, I've never had an account at the Rabbit, or it's predecessor, so I would hold no value for the site, but I have been disabled from other sites for something I felt I didn't deserve, so I can understand the frustration felt by some here.

What does make me laugh is the opinion that we all have rights and freedom of speech. We DO have freedom of speech, as long as that freedom does not impinge upon those who are our masters. The masters could be the torrent site admin, or even the authority of our country of residence.

An example of the above happened in the UK recently, with the visit of the Chinese leader. In the UK, we have the right to protest, yet when Ching Chang Chu, or whatever his name was, visited us a few years back, all protestors were arrested or manipulated so that this leader did not have to witness it... Call that freedom?

The only people who have real freedom are our leaders. Bush has the freedom to choose whether to invade a country or not (so far, he has invaded two). The common soldier doesn't have the choice, but must do as commanded, or face the wrath of the system. RealitY has the freedom to run these forums as he see's fit. Rabbit staff have the choice to run their community as they see fit.

The little people, which is us, have a certain amount of freedom, provided we stay within the guidelines set down by those who make the rules (which is not necessarily those in charge). Why do they make rules?

Rules are there for one reason only. To ensure peaceful co-habitation. Without rules, we have anarchy. Imagine a society where murder is not illegal. We would be killing those less able than ourselves, for reasons fair or unfair (I didn't like my neighbours' dog that kept barking, so I shot the dog, then shot the neighbour. Problem solved). Rules ensure that we ALL have a relative peace in our lives (we know that if our neighbour killed us, he would be brought to justice, hopefully).

This is no different for a website. Each site will have it's own rules, for whatever reason they deem fit. Should we respect these rules? Only you can answer that!

Over the last few years, many torrent communities have died at the hands of the various agencies that represent the entertainment industry. Due to this constant pressure, it is no wonder that many communities prefer to remain low key (not hidden, since the auths will know of each and every single community out there), and have a policy of rules to try and ensure that.

There are a number of open door communities out there, who are blatantly defying the auths, but when a few of these come crashing down, as has happened before, then watch the smaller open door communities suddenly close their doors. It will happen...

Since the demise of ET, many communities have become complacent, thinking that they are safe among the numerous communities that have exploded onto the torrent scene. Communities such as the Rabbit have not become complacent. Can we blame them if they feel the need to enforce such strict rules? Will we be thankful if a number of communities are toppled by the auths, but the Rabbit still remains?

FST is a filesharing forum, where people can discuss methods of sharing. It will probably never be taken down, as it isn't actually doing anything illegal, but a torrent community is sitting in the gray area of the law, and in some countries, the process of actively helping to share files, which is what a tracker does, is construed as facilitating the process, and is a criminal offense.

Think also of this. A small, hard to enter, community is much less of a threat to the auths than a larger, open door, community that actively encourages membership. Which one would be the priority target?

Anyway, enough of my opinions. I need something to drink!