PDA

View Full Version : There Are Reports That Barry Bonds

Busyman™
01-11-2007, 07:46 PM
failed a test for performance enhancing drugs.

So now I guess he gets in trouble for perjury.:dabs:

maebach
01-11-2007, 08:20 PM
nah, its bonds

j2k4
01-11-2007, 09:09 PM
nah, its bonds

So it's probably not true.

Funny, he blamed someone else, too.

Of course, if he's innocent (of which fact I have no doubt whatsoever), why bother blaming anyone?

Busyman™
01-11-2007, 10:00 PM
nah, its bonds

Of course, if he's innocent (of which fact I have no doubt whatsoever), why bother blaming anyone?

I think either way he's a straight bitch for bringing another person's name into it.

j2k4
01-12-2007, 02:20 AM

I think either way he's a straight bitch for bringing another person's name into it.

Nicely put.

Busyman™
01-12-2007, 02:38 AM

Nicely put.

It reminds me of how Kobe brought Shaq's name up saying that he should have paid the woman off like Shaq does.

If you are in trouble, take your hit by yourself since you are the one that fucked up.

I think Barry is an idiot too. With all these steroid allegations around, he's gonna go and use....amphetamines?

That's just fucking stupid almost to the point of unbelievablility.:no:

snowultra
02-13-2007, 04:05 AM
who takes the hit anymore? anyone with money, blames as many people as they can. the problem is most of them would have gotten off --anyway.

dtrain1234
02-17-2007, 12:57 AM
I'm not sure that's true. You know how the media is these days. They will say anything about anyone just to create some drama.

macking
03-18-2007, 12:16 AM
Its funny how one guy gets fingered for steroid use when everybody in sports uses steroids.

j2k4
03-19-2007, 12:51 AM
Its funny how one guy gets fingered for steroid use when everybody in sports uses steroids.

Not so funny.

Of all the people who are allegedly abusing steroids, HGH, etc., only Bonds is on the verge of breaking the lifetime home-run record.

Others are being investigated, but none has so far to fall as Bonds.

Busyman™
03-19-2007, 02:45 AM

Not so funny.

Of all the people who are allegedly abusing steroids, HGH, etc., only Bonds is on the verge of breaking the lifetime home-run record.

The funny thing is I wish he'd play past the record he breaks (if he breaks it), 73 or more homers past it and then everyone can STFU.

I say again, absent a positive steroid test people should leave it alone.

It sickens me that investigations are launched based on a book.:ermm:

j2k4
03-19-2007, 09:53 AM

I would say that depends on the quality of the book.

There have been some pretty solid indications about what was going on (kinda like the Scooter Libby thing), certain knowledge is being held by certain people (the kind that would answer our questions), yet such information is being suppressed as part of an "ongoing investigation".

We may find out someday.

It would be a pity if we do not.

Did you notice Pete Rose finally 'fessed up?

It does happen.

Busyman™
03-19-2007, 04:04 PM

There have been some pretty solid indications about what was going on (kinda like the Scooter Libby thing), certain knowledge is being held by certain people (the kind that would answer our questions), yet such information is being suppressed as part of an "ongoing investigation".

We may find out someday.

It does happen.

Yeah after how many years?:lol:

Personally I don't find what Petey did was wrong....unless he bet against his own team.

j2k4
03-19-2007, 07:44 PM

We may find out someday.

It does happen.

Yeah after how many years?:lol:

Personally I don't find what Petey did was wrong....unless he bet against his own team.

But therein lies the rub, you see-

We have to take his word on that.

macking
03-20-2007, 02:00 AM

Not so funny.

I bet a lot of records in a lot of sports wouldnt be there if it wasnt for the use of steroids.

I'd be surprised if a record had been broken in the last 40 years without the use of steroids or any anabolic substance

Busyman™
03-20-2007, 02:42 AM
Not so funny.

I bet a lot of records in a lot of sports wouldnt be there if it wasnt for the use of steroids.

I'd be surprised if a record had been broken in the last 40 years without the use of steroids or any anabolic substance
Well I don't think steroid use was prevalent back in the day. However what is ignored was the use of other drugs that gave an athlete a boost.

Steroid use may not improve hand/eye coordination but greenies sure could.

It's weird too how baseball was complicit in all of this by ignoring and simply allowing substances that every other major sport banned.

I hope Barry breaks that record. I really do.

macking
03-20-2007, 09:36 AM

Well I don't think steroid use was prevalent back in the day. However what is ignored was the use of other drugs that gave an athlete a boost.

Steroid use may not improve hand/eye coordination but greenies sure could.

It's weird too how baseball was complicit in all of this by ignoring and simply allowing substances that every other major sport banned.

I hope Barry breaks that record. I really do.

LOL me too, I'm not a baseball fan football(or soccer) is the popular sport here in England but I think if he breaks the record it might put things in perspective for some people.

j2k4
03-20-2007, 09:55 AM
Not so funny.

I think you may be going back a bit too far, but the fact remains, and that is the largest part of the problem, I think:

We'll never know. :huh:

macking
03-20-2007, 02:14 PM

I think you may be going back a bit too far, but the fact remains, and that is the largest part of the problem, I think:

I can remember reading this book by this training guru whoose trained with a lot of professional athletes.

He said of his own account between 90-95% of athletes use steroids in the professional field.

I have no reason not to believe him and to be honest I think he's telling the truth.

Nothing has really changed in sports over the years apart from nutrition.

I cant see nutrition being the sole reason for the evolution of sports over the last 40 or so years.

We wont have to worry about steroids for much longer though soon it will be replaced by gene doping.

j2k4
03-21-2007, 12:10 AM

I can remember reading this book by this training guru whoose trained with a lot of professional athletes.

He said of his own account between 90-95% of athletes use steroids in the professional field.

I have no reason not to believe him and to be honest I think he's telling the truth.

Nothing has really changed in sports over the years apart from nutrition.

I cant see nutrition being the sole reason for the evolution of sports over the last 40 or so years.

We wont have to worry about steroids for much longer though soon it will be replaced by gene doping.

Leaving the rest aside, I think your last will soon be the operative circumstance.

There is/will be an irresistible push for genetically-engineered "cures".

Before long, red hair and freckles will have been engineered out of existence, and abortion will no longer be necessary.

I can't even bring myself to call that a mixed blessing.

macking
03-22-2007, 03:48 AM
LOL its going to happen like a lot of things happened, no point fighting, money speaks loudest.