PDA

View Full Version : Need some help catching a thief

Detale
01-13-2007, 04:16 AM
Well in a nutshell my Super Torrents acct has been hacked and the bastard used my invites to invite ALOT of people I am looking for the owners of these e-mail addys and or usernames to see where this creep invited you guys from. If anyone has any info on these people please pm me what yo know. Thanks in helping me catch this 5hithead!:

subzero Disabled [email protected]
ggmorgan Disabled [email protected]
leec0per Disabled [email protected]
alonh Disabled [email protected]
benml Disabled [email protected] 1
MAORSHOHAT Disabled [email protected]
OmerGaida Disabled [email protected]
TheRastaMan Disabled [email protected]
Twito6 Disabled [email protected]
Ericz Disabled [email protected]
itcohen Disabled [email protected]
yak1r Disabled [email protected]
shabin Disabled [email protected]
odedl8 Disabled [email protected]
quicksilver5 Disabled [email protected]
kasanova Disabled [email protected]
d1a1n0 Disabled [email protected]
motisht Disabled [email protected]
m3n Disabled [email protected]
bonbon1973 Disabled [email protected]
faster25 Disabled [email protected]
Maorhag Disabled [email protected]
promodder Disabled [email protected]
Hoidedon Disabled [email protected]
liorpenso Disabled [email protected]
huyo Disabled [email protected]
TheDrag0n Disabled [email protected]
jonjoncom Disabled [email protected]

Thanks again

Vanguard
01-13-2007, 04:32 AM
awful lot of isrealis on the list. Hope you catch the bastard man.

Detale
01-13-2007, 05:01 AM
Thanks I think I will I am going to see if ST will give me the IP addy of whoever accessed my acct other than mine

porkchop
01-13-2007, 05:08 AM
wish u the best, i am still trying to get my issue resolved, lost 5 best trackers due to a fucking hacker

r4cc00n
01-13-2007, 05:08 AM
lost 5 best trackers due to a fucking hacker

how?

porkchop
01-13-2007, 05:27 AM
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/bittorrent/t-warning-all-148429

I think one site mailed it to the other 4, but it could have easily been my cookies were not cleaned out this fucker stole it. Not one site is even listening to me, and wont even give me the last IP on record

Detale
01-13-2007, 05:33 AM
That sux man I have changed all PW cleaned cookies reset passkeys I am having a prob wit ST Iplay and FTN only ATM hopefully it is all coincedence ( hope I spelled it right)

porkchop
01-13-2007, 05:35 AM
yea there is a way to steal cookies and get into accounts, I figured this is how he did it. I am fucking pissed too at sites also, least give me the IP but no, sometimes I think I am better off just going to NewsGroups

Detale
01-13-2007, 05:45 AM
Still does anyone know any of these people??

BlastGT1
01-13-2007, 07:28 AM
Guys, no site Staffers are going to give IP's out, for any reason. Too much paranoia, and aside from that, lots of people would ask for IP's just to get at other people.

As far as stealing cookies, when you get a PM from soneone on a site who isn't Staff, if you don't know and trust them, don't click on ANY links that might be included. For those so inclined, it's a simple matter to put a javascript function in there that no one sees, and when you click on it, your cookie is stolen and redirected to where the "hacker" can access it, and you are then redirected to the site originally linked to, if the link is valid.

Unfortunately, you're most likely out of luck with getting your account back, which you've most likely figured out. But, hopefully, the info I've given you might help for next time, and help those who haven't been victimized yet, to avoid having that happen to them. Granted, this may not be how it happened in the first place, as that kind of cookie theft can be accomplished by more ways than just sending a user a PM, but it pays to stay alert, and if worse comes to worse, type the link in manually if you're not sure. Also, if you use Firefox, using the NoScript plugin will help you greatly.

Detale
01-13-2007, 07:40 AM
2 posts an all them stars... hmmm who might you be?

r4cc00n
01-13-2007, 07:49 AM

i do not remember where i have seen blastgt1's name, it could be tpg or a-l, but i remember him being a really nice and helpful user

porkchop
01-13-2007, 08:11 AM
Yea well I was wronged, the dude got into my accounts and totally changed my ratio. One site says I did 20 million TB, and the other says I did 16 million TB. I have no reason to do either as I own one server and work on 3 others. So something is not fucking right, and I know the chances of getting them back are very slim. Hell if I was a mod I wouldnt even listen but knowing that I didnt do anything of this, and some other fuckhead screwed me over, well I can aleast try to fight this.

safa
01-13-2007, 08:24 AM

People with 5 stars are community reps, thanks for the tip BlastGT1 and yes he is an mod atTPG and formerly TIT and some other sites :)

porkchop
01-13-2007, 05:19 PM
hey people when someone steals your cookies, how would they get into your account and not have it record the IP. I am missing something here

DKre8ive1
01-13-2007, 05:44 PM
there ip most likely gets recorded and if you reported as a hacked account that ip gets banned and if the word spreads its banned at more then just the site he got caught doing this on. ;)

So who knows maybe your attacker cookie thief ended up getting the short end of the stick by doing this.

porkchop
01-13-2007, 06:13 PM
god i wish that was the case, but now I finally got an admin to give up the IP, and the IP last recorded was mine, something still doesnt smell right, but what can i do now

DKre8ive1
01-13-2007, 06:40 PM
Format your harddrive and re-install windows as it seems some hacker got on your pc an is using it to sign in to your accounts :P but to be honest I am not sure since its kind of hard to prove it was'nt you when its your IP that was used last.

porkchop
01-13-2007, 08:19 PM
yea well i gave up, thanx for the info