PDA

View Full Version : About Invites Section

Moonspell13
01-13-2007, 10:52 AM
Well I know it's not the right place to post this topic, but i'm doing it here so at least only ppl interested and qualified can discuss it :)
So, I was thinking that there must be set new standards for ppl to be able to join this section..
With the recent flood of spies and scammers and keeping in mind the fact that because FST has become the top and most well known place for trades, this trend is only going to get bigger .. More and more spies and scammers will come..
That's why i think besides the 1 month rule which is good as it is, there's also the need to raise the needed posts .. 5 posts(or 10 i don't remember) is waayy too low.. I think 30 or even better 40 should be the case..
Scammers seem to create multiple accounts , use them just to post the already low number of needed posts then scam, and then they come back almost immediatly with another of their accounts and on and on ..
That's why (this goes to newbies here) you should be very careful when trading with ppl which have joined say, november or august but only have 15-20 posts.. Also check by clicking on his profile his previous post to see if his post are nothing else than spamming just to reach the limit..
A rule of say 40 posts may be strict but it's not easy to overcome for scammers and spies as they will be spotted by spamming posts instantly.. way too many spam posts to be ignored..
So what do you ppl think?

Shalafi
01-13-2007, 10:56 AM
I think the posts have to be at least 50.. At leasttt

MCHeshPants420
01-13-2007, 11:00 AM
Sounds like a good idea but unfortunately the moderators on this board aren't online enough to deal with the increased spamming this will cause so it's probably best left as it is.

uglynakedguy
01-13-2007, 11:02 AM
yes you are absolutely right man...

Backslash
01-13-2007, 11:05 AM
the rules should go up. AT LEAST 50

Fulanito
01-13-2007, 11:10 AM
the idea about raise the posts from 5 to 40 or higher is good :)

Backslash
01-13-2007, 11:16 AM
raise the rules. and if anybody starts spamming, BAN?

snake696
01-13-2007, 11:17 AM
the trading reputation has a good role also in here

TYPE R
01-13-2007, 11:18 AM
i agree it raised 2 about 40 to 50 and they hav 2 wait 2 months

Shalafi
01-13-2007, 11:19 AM
the trading reputation has a good role also in here

Yes but raising posts will be helpful to us for annoying spies also..

btw my english is not good at all.. i hope i wrote it true:)

kaii
01-13-2007, 11:46 AM
seems as a good idea, 40-50 is too much, but 30 looks enough.

morphine
01-13-2007, 11:51 AM
It's not a bad idea. I know i was frustrated for not being able to enter this section of the site for a month. But thats fair and keeps the community "cleaner" and discourages the bad seeds. 50 posts might be a little excessive but the principles of the ideia are good.

mercier
01-13-2007, 11:52 AM
i think 30 are many and they will start posting silly posts, as they will care for reaching the number without having something to say.
I thnink 5 is ok

Green Goblin
01-13-2007, 11:57 AM
all great ideas i like the 50 posts.

Moonspell13
01-13-2007, 12:20 PM
This is why i think people with <40 or even more posts don't really have to add something in this section or to gain.. Reasons:
1.By having, say 12 posts, even if you're a really good sharer and nice person, no matter what you have, nobody will trade with you simply because nobody will trust you... You need to show to other ppl in the rest of this forum that you are mature enough to handle the whole torrent thing and respect the other users..etc.
2.Someone will say w"ell yes, I only have 20 posts, nothing to trade and I really want to be given some invites to start with" .. That's a good point but to be given some free invites, you have to first show that you will respect the site you will be invited to, your inviter and that you're NOT ONLY HERE BECAUSE OF THE INVITES... This is a community forum above all, where we are talking about many things, and concerning torrent sites, we talk about trackers, people do a good job searching for open to sign up to post them for ALL OF US to enjoy, discuss things etc. So if you really are a nice person and want to get some free invites, you have to prove this by participating in the discussions here and show that as I already have mentioned you are mature enough...

Please people share your thoughts and I know Reality and the others from the staff will seriously consider all opinions about this..
:)

hdooga
01-13-2007, 12:26 PM
Instead of a fixed post count; make them request for access after a month passed and look in their posts to see if they have made a good contribution to the site.

gamer4eva
01-13-2007, 12:27 PM
Instead of a fixed post count; make them request for access after a month passed and look in their posts to see if they have made a good contribution to the site.

That makes it a bit tooo strict about 50 posts seems good.:)

Moonspell13
01-13-2007, 12:30 PM
i think 30 are many and they will start posting silly posts, as they will care for reaching the number without having something to say.
I thnink 5 is ok

Mercier I really do believe that by showing up in this discussion your thoughts will be also considered..
So since you posted, I hope you don't mind I make an example based on you.. This is not personal and I hope you really get what you're after here :)
Example:Mercier for example has been here since June, and has made in the entire forum 6 posts.. He also has no reputation points meaning that he hasn't traded either.. So , Mercier even though he was probably able to use this section for more than 6 whole months, he hasn't made a single trade and he hasn't participated in almost any of the discussions here ...
So since he hasn't traded or participated in the community, what's the use of him being able to see this section , since he hasn't used it for 6 whole months...
Now Mercier had the courage to step up and tell his opinion and that's why I think he's probably a nice guy who maybe is just a little bit shy or something..
BUT can you imagine how MANY other people with exactly the same standards he has are ABLE to check on this section.. Well, I guess they are not joking, HUNDREDS...... And THAT'S what need to be changed, a better filter so that spies and scammers will have a hell of a hard time to get into here.. And even when they do, they will spotted quickly and begone and will have to go a lot of work to gain access again.. That's what this is all about .. ;):cool:

NaToLa
01-13-2007, 12:58 PM
50 no spam posts it's a good idea. Only today i have received 2 Pm's from users with very few posts (1 have 8, the other have 14) and no rep points, asking for invite/acct trading of high level trackers. Scammers? Maybe.

Moonspell13
01-13-2007, 06:05 PM
Just a bump so more people see this and tell what they think :)

Detale
01-13-2007, 06:07 PM
I think 50 is a good number too. I mean no matter what if a spy wants in they will get in,

Shalafi
01-13-2007, 06:10 PM
Lets do this job... Any moderator see this thread???

kavalchuk17
01-13-2007, 06:16 PM
I think it should be raised to 17, because thats my number :)

and actually i think thats a good one to goto. Doesnt force spam as much and makes it hard on people with multiple accounts.

and moonspell, you dont really want people to post if they dont have an idea about what were talking about. Almost all of us started with not alot of knowlege and what we could have said wouldnt have helped.

Anyways i was thinking of another system for time to access the section. I was thinking that it should be 1 1/2 months wait and every 25 posts you have a week gets taken off your wait time. Limit it at 2 or 3 weeks. Might be a pain to code though.

nadeem111as
01-13-2007, 06:19 PM
i agree also

peat moss
01-13-2007, 06:21 PM
30 posts would seem fair to me . I mean were so much more that just a Torrent trading site , alot of interesting topics from movies , books , games . How hard is it to check out the lounge and post a few funny threads ?

RealitY
01-19-2007, 07:54 PM
Think raising this to 50 posts would start a spam fest. Some of you might have noticed threads in the bt section getting bumped lately with pointless posts. This is just from raising it to 20 recently. Weve had higher counts in the past and it does encourage and will create spam. Think at 20 its a nice middle ground. It does create some spam but its not allot. Now if you trade with a new member thats just gotten access you have more posts to look at and check if their posts look like spam or posts of substance. With 5 it was hard to tell. Those who trade should always look at the members posts the very least. If possible find mutual sites they are members at also. The thing that could be changed is making the wait time longer. Though many might think a loner wait time is to harsh...

kavalchuk17
01-19-2007, 08:01 PM
Great idea moonspell and reality. I think it would be smart to mention that

Most traders look at your posts before they will trade with you, so spamming and using one-liners to get to 20 may not be the smartest decision

jounior
01-19-2007, 08:07 PM
great idea i think 50 post will be great

j0ker
01-19-2007, 08:16 PM
changing it to 50 won't help.
ppl will just spam 40 more...

I think someone who is getting to a month and 10 posts, needs to fill a form with a request to "qualify" this section.

gamer4eva
01-19-2007, 08:57 PM
It has been changed now....to 20 i think.

ffunk5
01-19-2007, 08:58 PM
i think is 40 reasonable

astarow
01-19-2007, 10:07 PM
i think the ideea of haveing automatic acces to this section is not so good.
i have a proposition that might require more work but it's much more efficient:
1 section for level 2, 2.5 trackers, with free invites and stuff. in that section the acces can be granted based on the number of posts.
another section for hi level trackers. in this section the rule for access can be only one: manual access considering:
A: number of posts that are somehow useful > a simple search in the posts of the user and reading 3 of them should give a good ideea. if you hit 2 not so interesting posts out of the 3 ... that means he is not contributing. also a screenshoot with decent ratio decent upload AND the join date. this way a cheater will not be able to gain access cause he can not have so many accounts to trackers to pass 2nd requirement. another thing might be rep points, but not necesary cause it's so easy to make let's say 5 accounts, wait 1 month, gain access and then give +5 rep on each account.
let me know what you think about my ideea.

RealitY
01-19-2007, 10:16 PM
i think the ideea of haveing automatic acces to this section is not so good.
i have a proposition that might require more work but it's much more efficient:
1 section for level 2, 2.5 trackers, with free invites and stuff. in that section the acces can be granted based on the number of posts.
another section for hi level trackers. in this section the rule for access can be only one: manual access considering:
A: number of posts that are somehow useful > a simple search in the posts of the user and reading 3 of them should give a good ideea. if you hit 2 not so interesting posts out of the 3 ... that means he is not contributing. also a screenshoot with decent ratio decent upload AND the join date. this way a cheater will not be able to gain access cause he can not have so many accounts to trackers to pass 2nd requirement. another thing might be rep points, but not necesary cause it's so easy to make let's say 5 accounts, wait 1 month, gain access and then give +5 rep on each account.
let me know what you think about my ideea.
Might be possible to have seperate tiers. Though if done maybe trades for trackers in upper levels shouldnt be allowed in this section. This would be the same as when an invite request is done in the regular bt section. Most likely wouldnt be a banable offense but a warning and then possibly invite access removed. If this layout was acceptable by allot of members then it might be a possibilty...

Shadowfire
01-19-2007, 10:19 PM
I think it's a bad idea because it further makes what invites are worth too literal. I think the current requirements are good enough. 1 month is plenty to wait, and 20 posts are a good balance between spamming and not being active enough.

astarow
01-19-2007, 10:22 PM
i did not say that. if you really want to trade with some n00b who posts "i want demonoid for sct" ... that's ur choice, but this will make the hi level tier more clean and secure. anyway this can be decided by vote. also if a user is recomanded as a good trader by very trusted members the manual access rule from low tier to hi tier can be bend...

RealitY
01-19-2007, 10:24 PM
i did not say that. if you really want to trade with some n00b who posts "i want demonoid for sct" ... that's ur choice, but this will make the hi level tier more clean and secure. anyway this can be decided by vote. also if a user is recomanded as a good trader by very trusted members the manual access rule from low tier to hi tier can be bend...
Thats a possibility also...

Invites_4_You
01-19-2007, 10:24 PM
I think Reality's idea is great.

astarow
01-19-2007, 10:26 PM
I think it's a bad idea because it further makes what invites are worth too literal. I think the current requirements are good enough. 1 month is plenty to wait, and 20 posts are a good balance between spamming and not being active enough.

1 month restriction for low level is too much imho.

if my sugestion is accepted we can have:
low level (not exactly lvl 2 2.5 ... can be also level 3 ... ) with let's say 1 week wait time and a minimum number of posts

hi level where there is no spam, no spies, no cheaters with minimum 1 mo wait time, good posts (no exact number specified), good ratio's, etc.

Shadowfire
01-19-2007, 10:34 PM
There's already one months wait but there are still idiotic n00bs, yes?

Maybe a two-forum thing would be good, but not if the stuff you can trade depends on the level of the invite. What invites are worth are not agreed on by all people. What one person is willing to trade for another invite is not entirely the same as what another would. Making a two-forum thing just gives another excuse for lack of judgement. The individual trader can decide with whom he/she will trade with, yes?

Shalafi
01-19-2007, 10:34 PM
I think we have to find a solution mostly for spies.. Not for scammer mostly.. As Reality told me maybe 1 scammer event happens in a month...

But remember the ftwr thing ;) have you seen any rabbit trades for 10 days??

cuz everybody is scared now..

RealitY
01-19-2007, 10:39 PM

1 month restriction for low level is too much imho.

if my sugestion is accepted we can have:
low level (not exactly lvl 2 2.5 ... can be also level 3 ... ) with let's say 1 week wait time and a minimum number of posts

hi level where there is no spam, no spies, no cheaters with minimum 1 mo wait time, good posts (no exact number specified), good ratio's, etc.
Think your saying that those with access to both tiers could make any level trades in either section. Though would those having access to just the lower tier be allowed to do the same or be limited to certain level trades untill they gain access to the new tier. If either group can make any trades then its just an upper tier and has little to do with what levels are traded. Just trying to get how your suggesting this...

kavalchuk17
01-19-2007, 10:41 PM
I think its a good idea on paper, but in reality it makes people take invite value to literally and nobody needs that.

RealitY
01-19-2007, 10:44 PM
I think its a good idea on paper, but in reality it makes people take invite value to literally and nobody needs that.
Think you might be right and would most likely be messy...

Shadowfire
01-19-2007, 10:46 PM
I'm not really suggesting anything new. I'm just disagreeing with the first suggestion.

Maybe there could actually be a flagging system where each user can individually assign colored flags to appear next to members' usernames if they meet requirements that the individual has assigned. This can help members easily pick out whether they want to trade with the person for sites that are rated so and so. So that it's not a predefined system; it's only an aid to help each user.

/edit: yeah, I think what Kavalchuk17 just said is what I was trying to convey.

morphine
01-19-2007, 11:42 PM
I dont agree with creating more levels of acess than the ones already in place. It just becomes too elitist. Too restrictive. And after a while, i think everybody knows who's trustworthy and who's here with a non-constructive mind set. I dont see the need to create more barriers, other than the one month, x number of posts to acess this section.

Its not the number of posts that measures users worth. And who (and how) decides what posts are spam or what posts are useful? Is somebody going to count the number of words in a post, to determine its relevance?

The whole tracker layering is subjective by definition. Scaling its acess is the same as making it "official". And having a few members being able to trade in all sections, and the others limited to the "minor" ones, just doesnt look fair to me. Creates advantages to some. But hey, its not my site.

Chewie
01-20-2007, 12:01 AM
Shit, you lot can't agree exactly what some trackers are worth, anyway!
I've seen lotsa "xxx tracker isn't really worth 4 more like 3.5" type posts here.

If you change it, I'm not policing it; modding the BT sections alone sucks too much of my spare time as it is.

Shadowfire
01-20-2007, 12:04 AM
Too right. Read my above post about flagging, please.

nikmash232
01-20-2007, 12:05 AM
how do u gain stars?

Shalafi
01-20-2007, 12:16 AM
how do u gain stars?

with number of posts..

jounior
01-20-2007, 08:05 AM
we can add new item called power of the reply
(how its good and usefull not just spam)

i see it on many forums

Mariosh
01-20-2007, 08:13 AM
whats the purpose of it ?

jounior
01-20-2007, 08:35 AM
we can limit access to this section upon its number
so we can avoid spaming posts

j0hn
01-20-2007, 10:47 AM
BUT can you imagine how MANY other people with exactly the same standards he has are ABLE to check on this section.. Well, I guess they are not joking, HUNDREDS...... And THAT'S what need to be changed, a better filter so that spies and scammers will have a hell of a hard time to get into here.. And even when they do, they will spotted quickly and begone and will have to go a lot of work to gain access again.. That's what this is all about .. ;):cool:

the 5 posts 1 month rule isnt to keep site staff out so u can continue trading their invites in peace. its to try encourage ppl to use the rest of the forums. it was originally intended for the forum members, and not for new users to signup just for the invites section. i remember when i 1st came to this section, there was 2 or 3 threads A DAY. now theres often 2 or 3 PAGES of threads.

to answer the original post, i would increase the wait time, not the post count. the forums already full of n00bs spamming their 1st 5 posts. a longer wait time would put alot of users off, and they'd go elsewhere. and if all they want is access to this section, good, let them go elsewhere.

edit: i notice its now 1 month and 20 posts. was that down to this thread, problems with new users, or just a general decision change. im in favour.