PDA

View Full Version : Just curious....

gossard25
01-14-2007, 01:09 PM
Just curious to know what the guys who run these numerous torrent sites do for a living. Do they have regular jobs like us if so how do they find the time to run these sites?

gamer4eva
01-14-2007, 01:37 PM
They will definately have a life outside the computer because donations goes towards maintenance and they get nothing out of it.

thedude0
01-14-2007, 01:45 PM
They will definately have a life outside the computer because donations goes towards maintenance and they get nothing out of it.

hopefully.

Melvinmeow
01-14-2007, 01:49 PM
Not sure about everyone else... But im sure most of them have jobs outside the sites.
Most of the sites dont make any profit. Manytimes the staff put money in to keep the web servers running or pay for their own seedboxes.

I personally work 3 jobs and always have the time for the site.
1 Job is from home doing webpages/webhosting.
I am also in a band that goes on the road on most weekends.
I also have a job working in the middle of the night when most people are sleeping.

I myself appear to be on my site so much cause of the hrs I work and the fact I only sleep 4 - 5 hrs a day ;)

Youll notice alot of the owners who code do something with computers part time....

CRonaldo
01-14-2007, 01:54 PM
What do you play Koren Rock?

Melvinmeow
01-14-2007, 02:08 PM

Im acctually in a Christian band. Despite what my profile says im not from Korea ;)

berserk1980
01-14-2007, 02:18 PM
I am also in a band that goes on the road on most weekends.

such a romantic job:).

i also just sleep several hrs a day.

and i think human has the desire to share.
when i get some wonderful music or movies, i always wanna my family, friends or
anyone to enjoy them too.

CRonaldo
01-14-2007, 02:30 PM

Im acctually in a Christian band. Despite what my profile says im not from Korea ;)

i doesnt relly know thet type of music.. its like about jusses maria and so?

StevenVD
01-14-2007, 03:25 PM
And how is it with big sites like torrentleech? They have MANY donations..

gamer4eva
01-14-2007, 05:00 PM

They are pay to leech sites dude....:lol:

Melvinmeow
01-14-2007, 09:01 PM

If you didnt know I cant speak for torrentleech persay...
But I know at least most if not all of their donations go for the seedboxes they use to supply the files to the sites.
The donations cover the costs of the seedboxes I would imagine. I know they have countless 100mbit lines to seed the files there.
(which must accumulate into a rather large monthly bill of a couple thousand dollars I would imagine.)

However sites like PI-Sexy and a few others I wont mention are well known to rake in alot on their donations (according the scene nfos in the past... over $10,000 USD monthly) and they dont use/pay for seedboxes and have web servers that cost $150 - $300 a month to run so makes you wonder where the extra money runs away to on a monthly basis?