PDA

View Full Version : Time warner & Demonoid

Gish
01-16-2007, 03:03 AM
So I went to sign in to Demonoid today and when I did my Peerguardian picked up three to four hits and yes they where from none other than Time warner (207.67.0.78)
also BBC. but I'm more concerned with the fact that time warner is trying to look into my computer. in my mind this means some how time warner has got the ability to do this. does this mean demonoid is under control or what. I tried logging in a few times and every time time warner came up on the block list.

Just wanted to give you all the heads up!

reachnet
01-16-2007, 03:21 AM
You may wish to send a note of this to the Demonoid admins.
Dunno' if they'll do anything though.
They could easily turn around and say it could be people downloading legitimately from work - they can't prove it or otherwise.
Highly improbable, but possible.
Now all they have to do is setup a bunch of machines using different IP ranges !

lysine
01-16-2007, 08:40 AM
time warner is a us based ISP. lots of innocent ranges get put into blocklists. just because it's being blocked doesn't mean it's bad. since you say you tried logging in and got the blocks, it's probably http ad traffic. what port and protocol (tcp/udp) was it blocking?

Skiz
01-16-2007, 10:54 AM
I have TimeWarner, but I don't use Peergaurdian.

I haven't had any problems....yet.

gamer4eva
01-16-2007, 04:31 PM

I hope your not one of the innocent blocked ones....:cry:

Skiz
01-16-2007, 04:57 PM

I hope your not one of the innocent blocked ones....:cry:

What?

gamer4eva
01-16-2007, 09:18 PM
What i mean't was since peerguardian blocks peers from time warner i said i hoped you were not one of them.

Gish
01-16-2007, 11:10 PM
it was TCP!
I don't care if it is a legitimate or illegitimate connection time Warner is known for sueing people for copy right infringement. and were not at Demonoid for a cup of tea. even if some people use Time Warner as an ISP there is no reason for it poping up on a Peerguardian unless someone using that ISP is trying to look into my system. I don't see Comcast, Cox or Verizon being blocked ever and those ranges are on the blocklist.