PDA

View Full Version : We Are Marshall [2006]

mr. nails
01-16-2007, 11:15 AM
i love football movies especially if done right. this one here is no exception. Marshall University is filled with drama, tragedy and the excitement as they have to prepare themselves to struggle back on the playing field after a devastating airplane crash which takes out the whole football team (75 ppl) in the '70's.

i appreciate the fact that they get the plane crash over with at the beginning of the film. for those who follow this now won't have to wait for it. kinda got that out of the way and to the point of marshall getting back on their feet and playing football again.

roughly 2 hours long and hardly a min goes by that u won't be bored. 10/10 for those who appreciate well directed football movies. good film.

Trailer (http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/wearemarshall/trailer1)

DefX
01-17-2007, 11:59 PM
i found this movie extremely draggy. It was decent. Id give it that much. But once youve seen one football movie, youve seen em all. I enjoyed invincible and gridiron more than this tbqh.

mr. nails
01-18-2007, 02:23 AM
invincible was a better film and i also liked gridiron gang as well, but gg wasn't as good as these imo.

maebach
01-18-2007, 03:27 AM
I never bothered to watch a sports movie after Coach Carter, I didnt like it taht much. Remember the Titans is still one of my fav movies of all time.