PDA

View Full Version : ThePlace.BZ Dead?

SirLouen
01-17-2007, 02:23 PM
For more than 2 weeks I found that theplace.bz doesnt work. Anyone knows whats going on? I believe it is dead by now as seductiongr.com but who knows actually.

Mesmer123
01-20-2007, 04:48 PM
Hi SirLouen
Just a quick note to say that I am having the same trouble as you. Any info would be much appreciated as it is driving me mad trying to find out what has happened.
Thanks Mesmer123

j0ker
01-20-2007, 05:35 PM
i pmed you, i'm really not sure.

kavalchuk17
01-20-2007, 05:39 PM
seductiongr isnt dead...

and i didnt hear any news about ThePlace. and the login and faq page loads fine for me.

jounior
01-20-2007, 06:56 PM
it said that
(You missed the boat. We are no longer accepting new members to the site. We will ever again? Maybe. Maybe Not. )

kavalchuk17
01-20-2007, 06:59 PM
They still have invites, the staff hands them out directly after having a chat with you now.

Mesmer123
01-20-2007, 07:36 PM
Hi Guys
Thanks for your input. I have just tried to log in to theplace on a different pc and am still getting the message that this page cannot be displayed. So I wanted to ask if anyone can actually get into the site or if they are just able to see pages that may be already stored in their internet cache if any of you are actualy members of theplace and can get in i would really appreciate some help to sort out my problem.
Any help woud be very much appreciated.
Thanks Mesmer

KOneWOne
01-20-2007, 11:36 PM
hey mesmer

I have never been to the site before so I would have no cache of an old page in my system...theplace.bz frontpage says:

YOU'RE LOST!!

Join us on IRC: Chat (irc://theplace.bz:6667/invites)

Thanks for hanging in there, and enjoy the site.

- theplace staff

But I tried going to:

http://www.theplace.bz/login.php

and the page loads perfectly...now I don't have an account so I couldn't log in... so I tried the following address:

http://www.theplace.bz/signup.php

and I says the following message:

Sorry

We are a private site and require an invite to join. Please try the IRC channel.

It looks like it is working...perhaps the frontpage is a front they use to try to stop nosey people from finding out about the site...kinda like acid-lounge or ft*r...

peace

Mesmer123
01-21-2007, 12:09 AM
Hi KOneWOne
Thanks for your help it is much appreciated. If I could ask one more favor, could you please try and join the irc because whenever I try to connect to the irc that wont work for me either. I just don't know what is going on. I really love theplace.bz and would be very sorry to never be able to get in again.
Any help is very much appreciated.
Thanks Again.
Mesmer.

Jaits
01-24-2007, 01:26 PM
u probably got banned... when we ban ip's the box seems like it doesnt even exist.... u cant join irc or anything.... try using a proxy to go to irc.. although tbh, i doubt anyone will re-enable u if ur ip got banned... then again, it might just be a coincidence so u have nothing to loose...

kavalchuk17
01-24-2007, 08:03 PM
You seem like an awesome SysOp.

Your probably the most helpful one ive ever seen while ive been in these forums.

SirLouen
01-25-2007, 11:09 AM
I found the problem: My ISP in Spain can't just go in. I have ask like several friends around Spain using the same ISP and noone can just enter ThePlace.bz. Don't know if theplace.bz have just banned one with same ISP (because "Telefonica" that is how its called the ISP, uses a proxy with same IP for everyone but different inside IPs due to the proxy). I also found that another friend that used another ISP with cable (instead of DSL) he could go in, so I expect TPZ is still online...

I had like a 5 ratio, (~100gb uploaded, Power User), never used another tracker (since now that I had to find replacement ones), and went regularly in the site to check torrents and even post in the forums... there was no reason to ban me so there was the problem: ISP problems.

If any SysOp/Admin read this check if you have banned the whole rima-TDE ISP so all spanish using Telefonica can get back. I will ask my provider if there is any problem with DSLAM, but think that it doesnt have anything to do with...

Regards

Jaits
01-25-2007, 11:50 AM
I found the problem: My ISP in Spain can't just go in. I have ask like several friends around Spain using the same ISP and noone can just enter ThePlace.bz. Don't know if theplace.bz have just banned one with same ISP (because "Telefonica" that is how its called the ISP, uses a proxy with same IP for everyone but different inside IPs due to the proxy). I also found that another friend that used another ISP with cable (instead of DSL) he could go in, so I expect TPZ is still online...

I had like a 5 ratio, (~100gb uploaded, Power User), never used another tracker (since now that I had to find replacement ones), and went regularly in the site to check torrents and even post in the forums... there was no reason to ban me so there was the problem: ISP problems.

If any SysOp/Admin read this check if you have banned the whole rima-TDE ISP so all spanish using Telefonica can get back. I will ask my provider if there is any problem with DSLAM, but think that it doesnt have anything to do with...

Regards

actually u got disabled and ip range banned.. i m sure u know y so no point in discussing this further.. we base our dicisions on facts always, so we have proof it was u that broke the only rule we really care about (apart from cheating)

in light of this, i wouldnt even bother trying.... u ll just waste ur time.. sry

Jaits
01-25-2007, 11:54 AM
Hi KOneWOne
Thanks for your help it is much appreciated. If I could ask one more favor, could you please try and join the irc because whenever I try to connect to the irc that wont work for me either. I just don't know what is going on. I really love theplace.bz and would be very sorry to never be able to get in again.
Any help is very much appreciated.
Thanks Again.
Mesmer.

aol browsers are banned, try using a diff brower and u should be fine... ur account is fine from where i see it....

Jaits
01-25-2007, 12:11 PM
You seem like an awesome SysOp.

Your probably the most helpful one ive ever seen while ive been in these forums.

thnxs, unlike many staff members, i dont consider myself above the level of my users but equal... every decesion we make in tp/tv is based on what the users want as a whole primaraly and what we think is best for the site... the site is run by democracy since it belongs to the users in the first place.. their the ones that started it and the ones that make tp/tv what it is... not us nor our torrents - our role is simply to ensure that our rules arent broken, the site runs smoothly code-wise and hardware-wise, that the managing of the funds is done properly (distributing it for server costs and buying new products for the site) and that there is respect and trust amongst our members... this is our mentality and how we choose to operate..

most trackers these days do it for the $ or cause the sysop has a powertrip cause prob he was bullied when he was a kid... we have no such insecurities as staff members and are doing this cause we think that our members lives are actually improving from being members to our community, and to be part of something like that, well thats just a feeling that no word can fully describe to u... the most torrent sites usually manage to do, is either establish themseves as THE place to get a specific genre of data (movies, games , music, etc) or as a top site with fights on who gets what first... the problem with that mentality is that everything is oriented around the material (ie the torrents) that the site can offer. for us.. its about improving the quality and lifestyle of the ppl involved with us, and in that process we as staff gain as well... the ppl come first, then the torrents... offcoures the irony is that logically, ud think that once a member manages to reach the level he wants to be in either seduction (tp) or business (tv) they d abandon the site.. but actually what is happening is tha the veteran users in turn help the newer members walk through their issues... i believe that in the members head, it will always remain as smt important in their lives rather than just another torrent site that u get movies or music from... which i guess explains why ppl actually stick around even when they dont need us anymore..

SirLouen
01-25-2007, 09:03 PM
actually u got disabled and ip range banned.. i m sure u know y so no point in discussing this further.. we base our dicisions on facts always, so we have proof it was u that broke the only rule we really care about (apart from cheating)

in light of this, i wouldnt even bother trying.... u ll just waste ur time.. sry

Which was the reason of the ban? I forgot to say I also donated to the server, and I knew all the rules and didn't break any of them. This seems so strange I cannot find any reason, I would like to have one to at least don't repeat it in other trackers in the future :)

kersh
01-27-2007, 08:50 AM
Im on the same situation, im from spain and ive been searching on inet about theplace, i think that was dead but now i see that is an ip ban to the biggest internet provider in spain with literally millions of ip's with that range.

Im a donator, ive got about 1.2 share ratio and for one stupid cheater you ban all the provider and noncheater people we cant see more the page? What a joke

Jaits
01-27-2007, 01:40 PM
Im on the same situation, im from spain and ive been searching on inet about theplace, i think that was dead but now i see that is an ip ban to the biggest internet provider in spain with literally millions of ip's with that range.

Im a donator, ive got about 1.2 share ratio and for one stupid cheater you ban all the provider and noncheater people we cant see more the page? What a joke

ur account isnt disabled... i dont deal with ip bans.. u should go to irc and spk to tld about it... he usually is very carefull with range bans and makes sure the min ppl are affected by them.. if u cant connect search for cgi irc and use that one to get in...

kersh
01-27-2007, 05:09 PM
great, thanks for the info, i will go to irc =)

kersh
01-27-2007, 07:30 PM
I search across google for a cgi irc with custom server and i dont find any, anyone know one?

kavalchuk17
01-27-2007, 07:54 PM
im not sure about custom servers, but i think you should connect to theplace's server.

Mesmer123
01-27-2007, 07:57 PM
Hi Guys
I am also a Telefonica subscriber with the same problem as the rest of you guys in spain. I know for sure that my ratio in theplace is good and I also know that I have not broken any rules. So I am certain that there is a problem for all spanish members of theplace logging in, however I am not sure that the fault is with theplace I think it may be with telefonica as I cant seem to open any web sites that have a .bz domain name.
If Any of you other telefonica subscribers could let me know if you can open any .bz domains it would be much appreciated.
Thanks.
Mesmer.

kersh
01-28-2007, 02:24 AM
ohh yes mesmer, thats the point, i cant open any .bz web..

kersh
01-28-2007, 06:29 AM
sorry Jaits, ive got some problems

now with different dns theplace load, but my account is disabled ¿?, I connect to irc but i cant enter to any channel, did you know what is the problem? (my account is this same nick, Kersh )

thanks for all =)

SirLouen
02-03-2007, 12:38 AM
Ey Kersh what DNS are you using now?

Jaits
02-03-2007, 01:03 AM
kersh is banned...

@kersh: ghost d/ling isnt allowed on our servers as it is a form of cheaing... better luck next time ;)

SirLouen
02-05-2007, 11:34 AM
OK, now I have changed my DNS to the Orange ones:

And Theplace.bz works fine for me: the problem: My account has been disabled.

Reason? Maybe because I registered in other trackers. And I did it because it was impossible for spanish users to get into theplace.bz for more than 1 month (and i though it was going to be forever). I had a very good ratio in there, was a donator, contributor and reasonably active in the community (IRC+forums). And lately this new year I've gotten a new 1Mb upload connection, is there any possibility to get back with my account?

Regards,
SirLouen

surubi
02-05-2007, 06:57 PM
sorry for that :(

Letchfield
02-08-2007, 10:46 PM
Hi- I was a member of theplace.bz who donated, participated in forums, and was involved in group buys. I loved the community tremendously and felt like I was a part of something special. My home internet was down because I couldn't afford it, so I didn't sign in for a long time. About a week before I knew I was going to get my home internet reinstated, I signed in from my work computer to see what new torrents were posted. I had no problem signing in. Then when I got my home internet put back on, I went to sign in and my account was disabled. After reading this thread, I'm wondering if this doesn't have something to do with singing on to look around from work, as it's a different IP. I at no time downloaded any torrents from my work computer. If I unintentionally broke any IP rule, pleaes note it was unintentional and that I belong at theplace.bz, and was a good member. Mind you, I'm only guessing why I was disabled, but would appreciate some clarification, but not as much as I would appreciate being reinstated. I promise to only sign in from my home computer. I didn't realize it was a problem. Sorry. Would it be possible for me to be let back on? Thanks, Letchfield

Jaits
02-10-2007, 01:44 AM
u should go to irc.theplace.bz and speak to an operator and he will sort u out

Letchfield
02-10-2007, 05:46 PM
Thanks Jaits! I will do.

lukem
02-27-2007, 01:02 AM
Hello,

I've just joined the forum and would like to directly address Jaits with a request (as I see you are an active member of the community).
J have registered with ThePlace.bz a few months ago. Unfortunately that was around the time when I was pretty busy completing my master thesis in finance.
I have thus failed to take care of my membership in ThePlace properly and haven't uploaded (nor downloaded) any stuff. I haven't even logged on to the site. Consequently within a few weeks of complete inactivity my account has been disabled.

Could this decision be revoked, taking into account specific (not to say extenuating) circumstances underlying my inactivity in ThePlace. I would greately appreciate your help in enabling my account and allowing me to make a good use of my membership at The Place.

I have now a faster internet connection and a lots of interesting material I would gladly contribute.

Regards,

lukem

Jaits
02-27-2007, 01:10 AM
Hello,

I've just joined the forum and would like to directly address Jaits with a request (as I see you are an active member of the community).
J have registered with ThePlace.bz a few months ago. Unfortunately that was around the time when I was pretty busy completing my master thesis in finance.
I have thus failed to take care of my membership in ThePlace properly and haven't uploaded (nor downloaded) any stuff. I haven't even logged on to the site. Consequently within a few weeks of complete inactivity my account has been disabled.

Could this decision be revoked, taking into account specific (not to say extenuating) circumstances underlying my inactivity in ThePlace. I would greately appreciate your help in enabling my account and allowing me to make a good use of my membership at The Place.

I have now a faster internet connection and a lots of interesting material I would gladly contribute.

Regards,

lukem

come to our irc server (irc.theplace.bz) and an operator will look into ur case and (probably) sort u out... i cant do it right now for the simple reason that if ur not present and login the time they reenable u (also the tracker needs to see some activity or the other cleanup script will hit in), u ll be autodisabled again in approximately 15 min.. so theres no point in doing it from here ;)

also since u mentioned u did ur masters in finance, i would strongly suggest u join thevault which is a dedicated tracker for economics, finance, business, marketing, copywriting, etc types of material.. we defenetely want ppl with degrees or a certain level of experience on the subject since it really adds to the value of the site, + it could certainly offer u something as well ;) .. (the invitation channel is on the same server as tp so u could sort out both in 1 go (providing u d be interested in such a thing) -channel name= #thevault-invites)