PDA

View Full Version : CBB racism row

Skweeky
01-17-2007, 07:10 PM
The whole thing has gone international now.
People in India are demonstrating and burning things!

What do you think about it?

Are Jade Goody, Jo O'Meara and Danielle Lloyd being racist or are they just lacking the braincells to be taken seriously?

What about Shilpa herself? Spoilt cow or decent burd?

I think Jade is just being honest as she's telling Shilpa to her face what she thinks of her, but I think Jo and Danielle are being evil two faced cows.

On the other hand... Shilpa seems to lack quite a bit of common sense herself

manker
01-17-2007, 07:19 PM
I've seen the headlines but skipped reading the story.

What's been said?

If pushed for an opinion at this point, I'd say that Shilpa is hawt, so she's probably being victimised by the dog rough Jade Goody.

Skweeky
01-17-2007, 07:23 PM
Meh, they're bullying Shilpa.

An Jo said something along the lines of
' I bet they don't cook their chicken properly in India. That's probably why they're so skinny. They've constantly got the runs'

Alien5
01-17-2007, 07:24 PM
When the story came on the tv i was shocked, it looks like India's taking big brother very seriously this year :P

We have had riots in India in the past, we used to own parts of india so im sure there's still a bit of hatred left towards the british over there. if we went to war with india we would of course beat them cos we have the best army in the world, so buring things that look like big brothers producers is nothing to us, you cant take a show that is edited highlights of a day in a house as an insult to all Indians its just stupid.

what jade and the others have been saying about shilpa is bordering on racist and shouldnt have been shown. one of the girls was joking when she said shilpa should take the chicken bones out of the toilet with her teeth, after it had got blocked.

Skweeky
01-17-2007, 07:29 PM
But do we look at it as racist just because she's Indian?

If they'd been bullying Chleo, what would it have been then?

manker
01-17-2007, 07:37 PM
Hmmm, I never know whether being thick is an excuse for racism. Maybe they're bullying her purely cos she is hawt (non-hawt girls are like that :smilie4:) and they'd all be totally shocked if people interpreted their comments as racist.

Alien5
01-17-2007, 07:45 PM
I think its 50% because she's hawt. but if she was white and hawt she would still be picked on for not joining the white girls group, maybe shilpa thinks she doesnt fit in, maybe she doesnt want to fit in...ive been watching all of the episodes, and i really felt sorry for shilpa because jades mother had been making shilpa feel unwelcome in the big brother house. Now since the old hag has left , her daughter and the others have taken-up where the old hag has left off by making shilpa's life a misery. when Jade gets out she will loose all tyhe respect from her public. I think shilpa will now win the show by the sympathy vote 100%.

manker
01-17-2007, 07:48 PM
I think its 50% because she's hawt. but if she was white and hawt she would still be picked on for not joining the white girls group, maybe shilpa thinks she doesnt fit in, maybe she doesnt want to fit in...ive been watching all of the episodes, and i really felt sorry for shilpa because jades mother had been making shilpa feel unwelcome in the big brother house. Now since the old hag has left , her daughter and the others have taken-up where the old hag has left off by making shilpa's life a misery. when Jade gets out she will loose all tyhe respect from her public. I think shilpa will now win the show by the sympathy vote 100%.
Major over-share!

Btw, Alien, when was the last time you went outside :unsure:

Alien5
01-17-2007, 08:06 PM
ive been out all day, i just got in... I watch the edited highlights for an hour at 9pm.

manker
01-17-2007, 08:09 PM
ive been out all day, i just got in...
How was Nevada.

Proper Bo
01-17-2007, 08:10 PM
I bet he wasn't in nevada, I bet it was signing day:smilie4:

manker
01-17-2007, 08:14 PM
Yeah, I don't think we've pushed him enough for him to go to Nevada yet. The next step is he'll make up friends and tell us how much they like him.

Like The did with that Graham guy.

Alien5
01-17-2007, 08:16 PM
signing day was yesterday :lol:

Proper Bo
01-17-2007, 08:23 PM
Yeah, I don't think we've pushed him enough for him to go to Nevada yet. The next step is he'll make up friends and tell us how much they like him.

Don't forget that Sean chap too, The even made an account on here for him.

GepperRankins
01-17-2007, 08:27 PM
who is shilpa?

Proper Bo
01-17-2007, 08:27 PM
lols, he was lurking in hope of seeing someone talk about him

manker
01-17-2007, 08:29 PM

Don't forget that Sean chap too, The even made an account on here for him.I liked it best when he pretended that he talked to a girl in a pub once.

I just thought now, Alien5 is probably pretty much what The will be in 12 years time.

manker
who is shilpa?Some Bollywood burd.

Hi, Dave :wave:

GepperRankins
lols, he was lurking in hope of seeing someone talk about him
nu-uh :snooty:

i got annoyed at saints row 'cause i got arrested for like nothing

Alien5
01-17-2007, 08:30 PM
who is shilpa? shilpa shetty: It is the first time that such a high-profile Bollywood star has been launched into the British public's consciousness, and it will certainly be essential viewing each night for the country's two-million strong Asian community.

http://im.rediff.com/movies/2007/jan/04shilpa.jpg

Proper Bo
01-17-2007, 08:31 PM
I just thought now, Alien5 is probably pretty much what The will be in 12 years time.

see, The? You should like totally just end it all now, save you from turning into allen5:no:

Proper Bo
01-17-2007, 08:32 PM
I mean, it's not like you're ever going to pass your driving test, like, and that'll just make you all :emo:.

manker
01-17-2007, 08:32 PM
/texts The's mam to tell her to hide the aids pills

Proper Bo
01-17-2007, 08:33 PM

Aha, kill him slowly - teh harsh:pinch:

manker
01-17-2007, 08:34 PM

Aha, kill him slowly - teh harsh:pinch:
:lol: :earl:

GepperRankins
01-17-2007, 08:40 PM
cunts. stop talking aboot me and explain this shilpa situation. :fist:

Alien5
01-17-2007, 08:48 PM
cunts. stop talking aboot me and explain this shilpa situation. :fist: its all over the news, just look in any news site or turn on the telly.

maebach
01-17-2007, 08:48 PM
its not that bad

Alien5
01-17-2007, 11:07 PM
its not that bad ermm :ermm:
Tony Blair joins the political debate over Big Brother racism row
Muslim groups burn effigy of Channel 4 producers while parliament debate with Indian Government

Tony Blair today joined the political debate over the allegations of racist abuse in the Big Brother house against Indian Bollywood film star Shilpa Shetty. Speaking in the House of Commons, the Prime Minister said “I have not watched the show as yet, but I am strongly opposed to racism in all its forms".

Responding to a question from MP for Leicester East Keith Vaz, it is the first time that the Prime Minister has talked about the reality TV show in the House of Commons. Later he said “I expect those who make the show to ensure that they treat the matter with the utmost responsibility”.

The comments have sparked debate in all corners and today the Chancellor Gordon expressed ‘Concern over the thousands of people complaining” the situation threatens to disrupt political stability between Great Britain and India and thousands of people have taken to the streets in India, burning effigies of Big Brother organisers after reports in Indian newspapers and TV programmes enraged the population.

So far there have been more than 20,000 complaints received by Ofcom the telecoms regulator to the television industry and calls for the producers to step in and intervene have so far gone unheeded.

Comments on placards in India read “DOWN WITH RACISM” and “APLOGISE FOR YOUR BEHAVIOUR TOWARDS SHILPA”

The arguments are focused around the singling out of Shilpa by a group of three girls inside the Big Brother House – namely Jade Goody, Danielle Lloyd and Jo O’Meara. The three girls have seemed to have formed a pact against Shilpa Shetty which was originally sparked by comments made by Jade’s mother Jackie who referred to Ms Shetty as ‘The Indian’ and refused to pronounce her name correctly often calling her ‘Shipper or Shipla’.

Shilpa Shetty’s family said today “We are overwhelmed and touched by the amount of public support for our daughter – not just by the UK public but all over world – we do not condone racism or bullying in any form”.

Government ministers are reluctant to intervene but a spokesman said that if things continue to get out of hand, then the producers will have to step in.

India is awaiting a report about the show and will raise the issue of Shilpa Shetty's treatment by other housemates with Britain when full details are available.

Sponsors of the show ‘The Carphone Warehouse announced it is reconsidering its £3million annual sponsorship of Big Brother due to the allegations of racism. Charles Dunstone, chief executive of the mobile phone shop, has revealed he is in talks with Channel 4 bosses.

Mr. Dunstone said the company was against racism and was reviewing the sponsorship. He also made it clear that responsibility for the programme’s content lay with the makers and not the sponsors.

Viewing figures for the programme have risen dramatically since the allegations of racism and the makers maintain that the Big Brother project is the social experiment that allows contestants to act freely without interaction or influence from the outside world. Questions must be asked however when such transmissions are threatening to affect diplomatic relations between two nations.

DanB
01-18-2007, 12:14 AM
Its all bollocks, its only be classed racism cos its 3 white girls taking the piss out of an indian girl, if it was 3 white girls taking the piss out of another white girl no one would care.

FFS, Jermaine Jackson called Jade's mum white trash but no-one complained about that did they?

CrabGirl
01-18-2007, 12:21 AM
I've not seen it but if they are saying things like "I dont know where her hands have been" because she is Indian, then surely that is picking on her race, and is therefore racism, not "normal" bullying. However, it smacks of ignorance and stupidity to me rather than maliciousness.

Alien5
01-18-2007, 12:26 AM
he whispered it inter shilpa's ear didnt he?

http://springerboards.jerryspringertv.com/lofiversion/index.php/t7502.html

missie
01-18-2007, 12:29 AM
Jade's mom is white trash though, and has said a lot of nasty things while in there. The only racism I have seen is from Danielle, who seems to throw in a dreadful comment everytime things seems to get a bit heated.

Fair play to Jade though, Shilpa does my brain in too. :ermm:

CrabGirl
01-18-2007, 12:33 AM
As I said I've not watched this one at all but if you stick a cross section of idiots and unpleasant members of society in a house together then prejudice will out.

Kinda like this forum really...:lol:

maebach
01-18-2007, 12:36 AM
ermm :ermm:

she's only gettin attention cause she's a star in India. If it was any other Indian girl, nothing would have happened. rly. Im not saying it's right to say that, but the attention is there becuase shetty is a star. Ive seen her movies, she's not that great either :yup:

Alien5
01-18-2007, 12:56 AM
"normal" bullying. lol "normal" bullyin would be ok, but racist bullyin is out of order.

ermm :ermm:

she's only gettin attention cause she's a star in India. If it was any other Indian girl, nothing would have happened. rly. Im not saying it's right to say that, but the attention is there becuase shetty is a star. Ive seen her movies, she's not that great either :yup:

Yeah it wouldnt be causing headlines in India if it was someone alot less well known, I agree with you on that. :yes:

missie
01-18-2007, 01:20 AM
I think the most of the "bullying" is because she is very beautiful and has more clarss in her middle finger than the rest of the plebs that are stuck in there have in their entire bodies. It's just girly bitching, nowt more. I've seen a hella lot worse in the local pub toilets.

In fact, I've had my head beaten over a hand dryer in the local for the most surreal reasons, ffs. I don't understand why everything has to be brought down to these levels of being racist or not. Fact is, she is being an arse in there, and surely she must have known what to expect before entering.

The amount of complaints is just pure mental, and if anything is just boosting the amount of viewers. :no:

Barbarossa
01-18-2007, 09:37 AM
Danielle, Jo and Jade are committing professional suicide in there :lol:

You don't tend to bounce back very easily once you've been branded a racist. Their agents must be crying themselves to sleep.

bunny67
01-18-2007, 09:49 AM
did u see last nights show danielle being asked in the diary room what she meant by saying fuck off back home .

manker
01-18-2007, 09:50 AM
You don't tend to bounce back very easily once you've been branded a racist. Their agents must be crying themselves to sleep.Ohh, I duno.

Cheryl Tweedy was branded a racist after she repeatedly punched a black toilet woman whilst calling her a 'fucking black bitch' - and she's done alright.

Luckily, black ghey footballer - Ashley Cole - was getting all teary because the nasty men in the crowd were calling him a poof. They got married and now no-one thinks Cheryl Tweedy is racist.

Ashley Cole, however, is still considered by anyone who watches football as being as gay as two pink dogs :no:

manker
01-18-2007, 09:52 AM
did u see last nights show danielle being asked in the diary room what she meant by saying fuck off back home .I somehow missed last night's episode http://www.msgweb.nl/emoticons/50_50.gif

What did she reply?

Barbarossa
01-18-2007, 09:55 AM
did u see last nights show danielle being asked in the diary room what she meant by saying fuck off back home .

Yeah. She reckons she didn't know what she meant by it, and claims she couldn't remember saying it.

bunny67
01-18-2007, 10:13 AM
n the other night jo went on to say joke which started ..there was a woman from bombay but jade told her to stop as danielle had already been spoken to about her comment in the diary room

Gripper
01-18-2007, 10:18 AM
Still reakon they should stick a serial killer in with them,that'd be worth watching.

bunny67
01-18-2007, 10:20 AM
yeah n they could kill that big fat bitch jade... well its jade, shilpa and dirk up for eviction hmmm i wonder who is going home

manker
01-18-2007, 10:49 AM
Good old fashioned unbiased reporting - courtesy of The Sun. Shilpa is looking all serene and distant, while Jade Goodey looks like a peturbed pig.

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/8099/0200702169900tg3.jpg

Admittedly, The Sun editors would have faced a nigh-on impossible task to find a picture in which Jade Goodey didn't look absolutely fucking repulsive.

Barbarossa
01-18-2007, 10:53 AM
You gotta love The Sun :happy:

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/3933/02007021673006a8264nw0.jpg

manker
01-18-2007, 11:09 AM
You gotta love The Sun :happy:

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/3933/02007021673006a8264nw0.jpgAnother piece of quality editing by The Sun:

On the same page as that pic you linked to:

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/7602/manker4469gy0.jpg

Skweeky
01-18-2007, 11:11 AM
I bet Danielle Lloyd will get dumped by Teddy Sherginham

Jade's been dumped from her 'campaign against bullying' in schools

bunny67
01-18-2007, 11:16 AM
I bet Danielle Lloyd will get dumped by Teddy Sherginham

Jade's been dumped from her 'campaign against bullying' in schools n so she should be , last night she was going on about how she hates liars what about her lying to her fans about her weight loss when in fact she had lipo suction n shes still a fat fooker

GepperRankins
01-18-2007, 01:59 PM
i saw some clips on the news :dabs:

i don't think it's racism, even with all the racism :smilie4:

racism is prejudice against someone because of their race. using racial slurs against an individual because you hate them is just being a cunt

Gripper
01-18-2007, 02:00 PM
They're all mental

Skweeky
01-18-2007, 04:11 PM
Aye, but it's brilliant car crash tv

Barbarossa
01-18-2007, 04:17 PM
racism is prejudice against someone because of their race. using racial slurs against an individual because you hate them is just being a cunt

Quality post, you've put into words what I was thinking, but could not explain :)

DanB
01-18-2007, 05:51 PM
I think the hands thing was a perfectly fine comment, end of the day you don't want anyone touching your food really unless you have watched them wash their hands and even then you wouldn't really want them touching it would you?

Buffalo
01-18-2007, 06:09 PM

Racist :lol:
the cow is held sacred to the Hindus & ಶಿಲ್ಪ ಶೆಟ್ಟಿ
I think Shilpa is stuck up bitch & in need of a good shag,
Jade is just being herself and I love her character,
what I would say....... A Normal & honest person, and if she has anything to say she's going to say it.
just my cup of tea, as I like people like that.
Well done Jade.

Colt Seevers
01-18-2007, 06:13 PM
I think the hands thing was a perfectly fine comment, end of the day you don't want anyone touching your food really unless you have watched them wash their hands and even then you wouldn't really want them touching it would you?

unless they were a master salabrity chef with clean hands maybe?

Anyway fuck the lot of them.
http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/a0/thebirdman.gif

BB-1 was entertaining because it was novel, now I see CH4 are trying to use the "social experiment" excuse - fuck sake, not that old chestnut again.... Sooo boring I hope they all die of teh AIDS twice. http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/a0/finger.gif

I hope India nukes England in retaliation, now that would be news worthy. http://smilies.sofrayt.com/^/aiw/spiteful.gif

manker
01-18-2007, 06:15 PM
what I would say....... A Normal & honest person, and if she has anything to say she's going to say it.
just my cup of tea, as I like people like that. Well done Jade.
So what you're saying is that you'd call a spade a spade.

Buffalo
01-18-2007, 06:19 PM
just my cup of tea, as I like people like that. Well done Jade.
So what you're saying is that you'd call a spade a spade.

speak plainly and bluntly! Yes, don't you?

Alien5
01-18-2007, 06:32 PM
Eviction

Shetty and Goody will go head-to-head in the forthcoming Celebrity Big Brother evictions on Friday, with Goody 1-5 favourite to be evicted.

Damn i wont be here tomorow night to see the pig kicked out of the house.

Buffalo
01-18-2007, 06:34 PM
Eviction

Shetty and Goody will go head-to-head in the forthcoming Celebrity Big Brother evictions on Friday, with Goody 1-5 favourite to be evicted.

Damn i wont be here tomorow night to see the pig kicked out of the house.

Racist pig :lol:

Alien5
01-18-2007, 06:45 PM
hoi, It'll be fun to see Jade kicked out to the Booing Crowd, whether or not you think she was being racist.

Skweeky
01-18-2007, 07:07 PM
I can't wait!

GepperRankins
01-18-2007, 07:07 PM

Well done Jade.
wrong :dabs:

Buffalo
01-18-2007, 08:17 PM
Well done Jade.

But how "Wong! :lol:

please be more enriched with detail

GepperRankins
01-18-2007, 08:40 PM

jade is loud and stupid. she's not even endearing, you're just confused

manker
01-18-2007, 09:08 PM

jade is loud and stupid. she's not even endearing, you're just confusedWho is to say Bazza doesn't like loud and stupid people.

GepperRankins
01-18-2007, 09:36 PM
jade is loud and stupid. she's not even endearing, you're just confusedWho is to say Bazza doesn't like loud and stupid people.
forgot about junno :mellow:

Buffalo
01-18-2007, 10:02 PM
Who is to say Bazza doesn't like loud and stupid people.

@ ManKer,
Yes,
I do like loud and stupid people, because I find they are people I can trust, and Yes... they are people I connect with.

Buffalo
01-18-2007, 10:15 PM

And for the second time in one Fred:

please be more enriched with detail!

Skweeky
01-18-2007, 10:23 PM
Um.... what exactly do you find in loud and stupid people that makes you think you can trust them?

Buffalo
01-18-2007, 10:24 PM
:slap:

:cry1:

Buffalo
01-18-2007, 10:25 PM
I'm stupid and I wish I was dead

Alien5
01-18-2007, 10:25 PM
fight! fight! fight! :yahoo:

manker
01-18-2007, 10:29 PM
Don't worry about it, Baz. To each his own.

Buffalo
01-18-2007, 10:39 PM
I'm sorry...................... I did not know that jade called her a poppadom

That's bad

Mr JP Fugley
01-18-2007, 10:56 PM
Right, enough pish. Being stupid and ignorant is not an excuse for racist comments. Neither is it an excuse for shouting abuse at people, or bullying them.

Yeah, the BNP can't really be chastised for racism, FFS the rank and file aren't that bright so how should they know better. They aren't racist they are just ignorant.

When did that type of thinking become acceptable.

This Goody person is a cretin who has become famous for what, being a cretin. What does that say for the society in which we live.

Proper Bo
01-18-2007, 11:02 PM
That the wimmin and gheys who watch big brother are arses?

Buffalo
01-18-2007, 11:07 PM
It's fucking shit,
I've just thrown my Tv out the back door, if you want a picture, just ask.
and I'm not paying £151 for a licence, so fuck it

Alien5
01-18-2007, 11:09 PM
why does that last sip of beer in the can always taste like crap.

Buffalo
01-18-2007, 11:10 PM
Because you or someone used it for an ashtray :unsure:

Proper Bo
01-18-2007, 11:13 PM
It's fucking shit,
I've just thrown my Tv out the back door, if you want a picture, just ask.
and I'm not paying £151 for a licence, so fuck it

pics.

Alien5
01-18-2007, 11:13 PM
oh no! :ermm:

yeah i wanna see a broken TV set...smash it up a bit more first with a hammer.

FUCK TV AND FUCK BIG BROTHER!!!! :fist:

GepperRankins
01-18-2007, 11:15 PM
Right, enough pish. Being stupid and ignorant is not an excuse for racist comments. Neither is it an excuse for shouting abuse at people, or bullying them.

Yeah, the BNP can't really be chastised for racism, FFS the rank and file aren't that bright so how should they know better. They aren't racist they are just ignorant.

This Goody person is a cretin who has become famous for what, being a cretin. What does that say for the society in which we live.
racial*

:smilie4:

GepperRankins
01-18-2007, 11:17 PM
ok, so one thing i've learned from this fred

don't mention you-know-who, and big brother viewers are really impressionable :dabs:

Mr JP Fugley
01-18-2007, 11:19 PM
That the wimmin and gheys who watch big brother are arses?

:sage:

However one also feels obliged to mention the various madia using the situation to bolster readers, listeners and viewers.

They are never happier than when reporting their indignation. "We are so appaled at this behaviour we will highlight it at every possible opportunity".

Mr JP Fugley
01-18-2007, 11:21 PM

don't mention you-know-who, and big brother viewers are really impressionable :dabs:

Two questions. Who's "you-know-who".

Alien5
01-18-2007, 11:22 PM
you know.

Proper Bo
01-18-2007, 11:22 PM
They obviously aren't "you-know-who" if you don't know who, like.

The, you're an idiot.

Buffalo
01-18-2007, 11:24 PM
:fixed:
http://www.sheringhamsurf.com/fst/tv.jpg

And if you would like to see it on fire, Just ask :snooty:

Proper Bo
01-18-2007, 11:25 PM
I'd like to see you empty the electricy bits from the inside and wear it as a helmet:smilie4:

CrabGirl
01-18-2007, 11:27 PM
Yes Please!

EDIT: to the burning, or even better, taking the insides out, holding the case up in front of you and performing your own version of Big Brother in a series of carefully shot stills

@ JP. Thanks for talking sense.

Alien5
01-18-2007, 11:27 PM
then tune it in to the big brother :glag:

Proper Bo
01-18-2007, 11:28 PM
Wearing it as a helmet while it's on fire:smilie4:

GepperRankins
01-18-2007, 11:30 PM

Two questions. Who's "you-know-who".
i won't say. last time i did, someone went mad and threw their telly out the windae

Mr JP Fugley
01-18-2007, 11:33 PM
The, you're an idiot.

:lol:

My mind's ear heard you say that in a very "matter of fact" manner. It was almost like you were stating the obvious.

Quality.

Alien5
01-18-2007, 11:33 PM
The Big Brother Burning Buffalo TV helmet

manker
01-18-2007, 11:36 PM

This Goody person is a cretin who has become famous for what, being a cretin. What does that say for the society in which we live.It is an excuse if the person who said it is so thick that they didn't realise that what they said is a racist comment. Which is what I meant.

Like, if Jade Goodey had heard had heard a group of black men calling each other niggers and the next time she was talking to a black bloke who said something she didn't agree with, she said 'Whatever, you stupid nigger'.

If she truly didn't know that this was offensive and racist and, when it was explained to her, she was genuinely remorseful and didn't ever do it again, then she's excused.

A genuine mistake is absolutely fine and forgivable - happening to be stupid and knowingly abusing a person in a racial manner is, of course, not.

GepperRankins
01-18-2007, 11:37 PM

This Goody person is a cretin who has become famous for what, being a cretin. What does that say for the society in which we live.It is an excuse if the person who said it is so thick that they didn't realise that what they said is a racist comment. Which is what I meant.

Like, if Jade Goodey had heard had heard a group of black men calling each other niggers and the next time she was talking to a black bloke who said something she didn't agree with, she said 'Whatever, you stupid nigger'.

If she truly didn't know that this was offensive and racist and, when it was explained to her, she was genuinely remorseful and didn't ever do it again, then she's excused.

A genuine mistake is absolutely fine and forgivable - happening to be stupid and knowingly abusing a person in a racial manner is, of course, not.
my comment pwned yours and yours. even barbie agreed, and he's a cunt

Proper Bo
01-18-2007, 11:38 PM
I agree with the honkey above.

edit: that was intended to be before The's post.

manker
01-18-2007, 11:39 PM
It is an excuse if the person who said it is so thick that they didn't realise that what they said is a racist comment. Which is what I meant.

my comment pwned yours and yours. even barbie agreed, and he's a cuntI can't really remember your comment in detail but I remember at the time thinking it was pish but not being arsed to contradict it because it was only you.

Jagarga
01-18-2007, 11:41 PM
cracka

GepperRankins
01-18-2007, 11:42 PM

bump :mellow:

Buffalo
01-18-2007, 11:44 PM
http://www.sheringhamsurf.com/fst/buster2a.JPG
http://www.sheringhamsurf.com/fst/buster1a.JPG

No more BBC or CBB

CrabGirl
01-18-2007, 11:46 PM
My co-worker made me laugh today. She had a customer who accused her of being rascist because his credit card wouldnt go through, his fault because he wasn't giving her the right number. He told her that she wasn't it letting go through because he was black. She said "Sir, I'm Black. Now could you repeat your number for me." She's not. I pissed myself laughing.

Mr JP Fugley
01-18-2007, 11:48 PM

So if someone is brought up thinking that abusing people based on their race is OK, then that's fine. They are allowed to do it. We've decided that personal responsibility for one's actions is no longer required.

Again I must have missed the memo.

CrabGirl
01-18-2007, 11:48 PM

No more BBC or CBB

GENIUS!!! :glag:

CrabGirl
01-18-2007, 11:50 PM

I'm sorry but isn't using racial slurs being racist.

Alien5
01-18-2007, 11:51 PM

exactly.

Mr JP Fugley
01-18-2007, 11:51 PM

I agree with manker, that really is pish.

If I think someone is a cunt it's Ok for me to say "you're a cunt". It is not OK for me to say "you're a black cunt". That suggests that being black is also a bad thing.

manker
01-18-2007, 11:52 PM
It is an excuse if the person who said it is so thick that they didn't realise that what they said is a racist comment. Which is what I meant.

So if someone is brought up thinking that abusing people based on their race is OK, then that's fine. They are allowed to do it. We've decided that personal responsibility for one's actions is no longer required.

Again I must have missed the memo.No, I'm saying that people should be forgiven for making a genuine mistake where no malice was intended.

Sorry, I should have said that that's what I meant.

Oh, wait :dabs:

Mr JP Fugley
01-18-2007, 11:52 PM

No need to apologise, I agree with you too.

Buffalo
01-18-2007, 11:53 PM
Or being a poppadom, not nice

manker
01-18-2007, 11:54 PM

bump :mellow:It isn't just being a cunt.

It's either because you actually believe the slurs and are racist (so you're a racist cunt) or you don't believe in the racial slurs that are coming out of your mouth so you want someone to believe you're racist - in effect, you're pretending to be racist ... which doesn't even bring you up to the level of being a cunt, it's just pathetic.

Mr JP Fugley
01-18-2007, 11:56 PM

Again I must have missed the memo.No, I'm saying that people should be forgiven for making a genuine mistake where no malice was intended.

Are you suggesting that no malice was intended.

In any case, I go with the rights of the victim being more important than the rights of the abuser. That's just me but.

CrabGirl
01-19-2007, 12:00 AM
Baz, no one else has said it but thank you for burning your TV and giving me the best laugh I've had all day.

Racism is racism, no matter what the intentions or intelligence behind it is. Its like someone calling me a greasy Greek and then saying "I wasnt being racist, some of my friends are Greek".

manker
01-19-2007, 12:01 AM
No, I'm saying that people should be forgiven for making a genuine mistake where no malice was intended.

In any case, I go with the rights of the victim being more important than the rights of the abuser. That's just me but.I'm not talking about Jade Goodey in Celebrity Big Brother, I don't know what she said cos I don't watch it. She was an example of a stupid person.

I'm saying that if a stupid person offends someone with a racist comment, that the stupid person didn't know was an offensive racist comment, that they should be forgiven for it if they are truly remorseful and don't ever do it again.

As a general rule of goodness, like.

manker
01-19-2007, 12:03 AM

No more BBC or CBB
:glag:

You're defo my favourite mentalist on FST now, baz :happy:

Proper Bo
01-19-2007, 12:06 AM
Is that a ghostbusters pillowcase?

CrabGirl
01-19-2007, 12:06 AM
@ manker.

Fucking right. I now feel the Internet is truly interactive. If we ask, do you think he'll destroy more household objects with our method of choice?

GepperRankins
01-19-2007, 12:07 AM
bump :mellow:It isn't just being a cunt.

It's either because you actually believe the slurs and are racist (so you're a racist cunt) or you don't believe in the racial slurs that are coming out of your mouth so you want someone to believe you're racist - in effect, you're pretending to be racist ... which doesn't even bring you up to the level of being a cunt, it's just pathetic.
so what you're saying is... if i call a south asian person a paki. i either mean i believe them to be a paki, or i'm putting on an act?

manker
01-19-2007, 12:08 AM
@ manker.

Fucking right. I now feel the Internet is truly interactive. If we ask, do you think he'll destroy more household objects with our method of choice?
That would be such a quality thread.

In fact, this double destruction of a ghostbusters tea-towel and TV combo deserves a thread of its own.

Mr JP Fugley
01-19-2007, 12:09 AM

In any case, I go with the rights of the victim being more important than the rights of the abuser. That's just me but.I'm not talking about Jade Goodey in Celebrity Big Brother, I don't know what she said cos I don't watch it. She was an example of a stupid person.

I'm saying that if a stupid person offends someone with a racist comment, that the stupid person didn't know was an offensive racist comment, that they should be forgiven for it if they are truly remorseful and don't ever do it again.

Sorry, I was being a bit "real World" there (true story), I just don't see your scenario being that likely. I know I got a bit "busy" with that. If it were to be the case then I wholeheartedly agree.

My experience is more of the "Hoi Orange Chaps, do you realise that your marches are deeply offensive to other members of the society in which you live?" "So what, my father and his father before him did it and I like the music. I'm not sectarian btw, some of my best friends are ....".

CrabGirl
01-19-2007, 12:10 AM
A destroy your household objects thread...

Do it. Please.

Mr JP Fugley
01-19-2007, 12:11 AM

No more BBC or CBB
:glag:

You're defo my favourite mentalist on FST now, baz :happy:

Hoi, did you vote in the poll.

manker
01-19-2007, 12:12 AM
It isn't just being a cunt.

so what you're saying is... if i call a south asian person a paki. i either mean i believe them to be a paki, or i'm putting on an act?You could just be taking a wild stab at their country of origin, I suppose :unsure:

I don't see your point - do you think Paki is an offensive term or something?

Spose it might be to some people - depending on the context. I've always considered it to be short for Pakistani. Like Scotch is for Scottish or whatever.

Proper Bo
01-19-2007, 12:13 AM
so what you're saying is... if i call a south asian person a paki. i either mean i believe them to be a paki, or i'm putting on an act?You could just be taking a wild stab at their country of origin, I suppose :unsure:

Spose it might be to some people - depending on the context. I've always considered it to be short for Pakistani. Like Scotch is for Scottish or whatever.

Same here, but apparently "Paki" is racialist whereas "Brit" isn't:unsure:

CrabGirl
01-19-2007, 12:14 AM
Because Paki is generally a derogatory term used in a derogatory manner since they first came over here smelling of onions and took our jobs, homes and women.

Proper Bo
01-19-2007, 12:15 AM
So is gypsy.
cross-thread pwnage ftw.

manker
01-19-2007, 12:18 AM
I'm not talking about Jade Goodey in Celebrity Big Brother, I don't know what she said cos I don't watch it. She was an example of a stupid person.

Sorry, I was being a bit "real World" there (true story), I just don't see your scenario being that likely. If it were to be the case then I wholeheartedly agree. I know I got a bit "busy" with that.

My experience is more of the "Hoi Orange Chaps, do you realise that your marches are deeply offensive to other members of the society in which you live?" "So what, my father and his father before him did it and I like the music. I'm not sectarian btw, some of my best friends are ....".My made-up scenario was pish at best :D

I thought as soon as I'd posted it that I should have used a more obscure term - like Hispanics calling each other ese or something.

Edit: I don't even know if that's offensive enough if a white person said it to a Mexican.

CrabGirl
01-19-2007, 12:20 AM
No, Bo. My family does have some Gypsy ancestry, who were proud to be Gypsys. I called myself a Gypsy. Did you really think I was being racist to myself. God I'm such a Greasy Racist.

GepperRankins
01-19-2007, 12:23 AM

k, sure. nice effort. ;)

where i come from (the UK) it's derogatory.

forgetting it's origins here. it's a "racial slur" but it means essentially nothing. if i did say it to someone i would likely get smacked because it's a racial slur. however, it shows no prejudice. which makes your answer to my post meaningless

Alien5
Gypsy is not a race is it?

and i asked a muslim once if the word pakki was racist and she said it was very offensive to her, her parents were from pakistan, i tried to argue with her about it but i lost.

Mr JP Fugley
True court story.

Witness 1 - I was in the Paki shop at the time.

Judge - Don't you ever use a term like that again, it's disgraceful.

Witness 2 - I was on my way to the Paki's on the corner.

Judge - How dare you use a description like that. Do not do it again.

Witness 3 - I saw him at the Paki shop up the road.

Judge - I am appaled by this behaviour, the next person to speak in this manner will be in serious trouble.

Witness 4 - I own the Paki shop on High Street.

True (paraphrased) story.

manker
01-19-2007, 12:24 AM
No, Bo. My family does have some Gypsy ancestry, who were proud to be Gypsys. I called myself a Gypsy. Did you really think I was being racist to myself. God I'm such a Greasy Racist.
My family may well have some English ancestory (I fucking hope not) but if it did, that doesn't mean I'm not being racist when I call the English rugby team, and their supporters at the stadium, a bunch of inbred, public school cunts.

'cos I'm trying my fucking hardest to be.

Proper Bo
01-19-2007, 12:27 AM
Well according to what I was taught back in the day, gypsy is a bit of a racialist term but if it's okay for you to use it, then it's okay for anyone, gypsy or not.

Same with busy's use of the word "nigger", if he can say it, so can I. If I'm not allowed cause i'm not black, then that's racialism right there.

Mr JP Fugley
01-19-2007, 12:27 AM
My family may well have some English ancestory (I fucking hope not) but if it did, that doesn't mean I'm not being racist when I call the English rugby team, and their supporters at the stadium, a bunch of inbred, public school cunts.

Just because you're being racist doesn't mean you are wrong.

manker
01-19-2007, 12:28 AM
You could just be taking a wild stab at their country of origin, I suppose :unsure:

k, sure. nice effort. ;)

forgetting it's origins here. it's a "racial slur" but it means essentially nothing. if i did say it to someone i would likely get smacked because it's a racial slur. however, it shows no prejudice. which makes your answer to my post meaninglessOkay, so it is a racist slur, you know it's a racist slur and so does your intended target.

If you meant it as pre-judging him with whatever negative preconceptions that word conjures up for you then that's being racist. If you didn't mean it then you're pretending to pre-judge him with whatever negative preconceptions that word conjures up for you. Which is pathetic.

Which is exactly what I wrote in my first reply -- I just wanted to get it clear if you considered the term 'Paki' as racially offensive.

Alien5
01-19-2007, 12:28 AM
british have been racist for donkeys years, the problem wont just dissappear overnight.

manker
01-19-2007, 12:29 AM

Just because you're being racist doesn't mean you are wrong.:sage: :smilie4:

CrabGirl
01-19-2007, 12:32 AM
Well according to what I was taught back in the day, gypsy is a bit of a racialist term but if it's okay for you to use it, then it's okay for anyone, gypsy or not.

Same with busy's use of the word "nigger", if he can say it, so can I. If I'm not allowed cause i'm not black, then that's racialism right there.

My ancesters were Gypsies. Its like manker saying he's Welsh. It's what we are.

Proper Bo
01-19-2007, 12:33 AM

My ancesters were Gypsies. Its like manker saying he's Welsh. It's what we are.

no need for name calling, manker didn't do owt!:O

GepperRankins
01-19-2007, 12:33 AM
k, sure. nice effort. ;)

forgetting it's origins here. it's a "racial slur" but it means essentially nothing. if i did say it to someone i would likely get smacked because it's a racial slur. however, it shows no prejudice. which makes your answer to my post meaninglessOkay, so it is a racist slur, you know it's a racist slur and so does your intended target.

If you meant it as pre-judging him with whatever negative preconceptions that word conjures up for you then that's being racist. If you didn't mean it then you're pretending to pre-judge him with whatever negative preconceptions that word conjures up for you. Which is pathetic.

Which is exactly what I wrote in my first reply -- I just wanted to get it clear if you considered the term 'Paki' as racially offensive.
i disagree. it means nothing to me but people that look a certain way. i know it to be offensive though. even when i was little and used to use it in everyday conversation it meant nothing more than people who look a certain way.

i don't know why you're trying to blur the line between racist and racial :dabs:

manker
01-19-2007, 12:39 AM
Okay, so it is a racist slur, you know it's a racist slur and so does your intended target.

i disagree. it means nothing to me but people that look a certain way. i know it to be offensive though. even when i was little and used to use it in everyday conversation it meant nothing more than people who look a certain way.

i don't know why you're trying to blur the line between racist and racial :dabs:Your initial point, which I disagreed with, centered on hurling racial slurs at someone you hate. Which you said was just being a cunt.

I said that it's not just being a cunt, it's more than that - and I'm quite obviously right.

I know the difference between racial and racist, doesn't everyone, but that really isn't what you're talking about when you mention using racial slurs against someone you hate.

Skweeky
01-19-2007, 02:47 AM
So to come to a conclusion;

Manker is a sheep shagging Welshman
Crabgirl is a greasy inbred gypsy
Baz is telly-burning white trash
JPaul and Gep are dirty wee Jocks

And I'm a sophisticated European

Case closed

missie
01-19-2007, 03:06 AM
:O Racist Belgians!

Daveish is far from Scottish.

Gripper
01-19-2007, 08:28 AM
The word Pakistan was created in 1933 by Rahmat Ali Chaudhry, a Cambridge law student, to refer to the independence movement that existed prior to the British decolonisation project of ex-London law students. It derives from the Urdu words for "pure country". However, the abbreviation Paki acquired offensive connotations in the 1960s when used by British tabloids to refer to decolonisational subjects in a derogotary and racist manner. In modern British usage "Paki" is typically used in a derogatory way as a label for all South Asians, including Indians and Bangladeshis. To a lesser extent, the term has been applied as a racial slur towards Arabs and other Middle Eastern-looking groups. In recent times there has been a trend by second- and third-generation British Pakistanis to reclaim the word, such as in the name of the clothing company PAK1 or the independent refugee television news agency paki.tv.

The racist connotations may be confined only to the UK. In Australia, the Pakistani cricket team are commonly referred to as the Pakis, just as the West Indians are known as the Windies.

Gypsy (also gipsey, gypsey, gypsie) is a word (sometimes derogatory) in various languages that most commonly refers to any of the following ethnic groups:

* Roma people, also spelled Rroma, Roms, or Romani, an ethnic group in Southern and Eastern Europe and the Middle East:

Gitanos, also spelled Ciganos, a Roma people in Spain, Portugal, and southern France
Kalderash, the most numerous of the Roma people, from the Balkans, Central Europe, North America
Romnichal, also known as Rom'nies, mainly in Britain and North America
Sinti, also known as Zigeuner or Zingari, a Roma people mostly in Germany, Austria and Italy

* Gypsy people not directly related to the Roma:

Lyuli, an ethnic group in Kyrgyzstan, Central Asia
Irish Travellers, also known as Pavee, a nomadic people living in Ireland, Great Britain, and the United States
Sea Gypsies, different peoples of Southeast Asia
Yeniche (people) of Germany, Austria, Switzerland, France, and Belgium.

* Caló (Spanish Romani), a jargon spoken by the Gitanos Roma
* Romani language, the language of the Roma, an Indo-Aryan language not related to the Romanian language
* Shelta language, a language spoken by the Irish Travellers
Right that's that sorted.

The Roma People (singular Rom; sometimes Rroma, Rrom), sometimes called "Romany Folk" in the United Kingdom, often referred to as Gypsies or Gipsies, are a diverse ethnic group who live primarily in Southern and Eastern Europe, Western Asia, Latin America, the United States and the Middle East. They are believed to have originated mostly from the Punjab and Rajasthan regions of India. They began their migration to Europe and North Africa via the Iranian plateau around 1050.[27]

Traditionally most Roma spoke one of several dialects of Romani (Romany), an Indo-Aryan language. Today, however, most Roma speak the dominant language of their region of residence.

Gripper
01-19-2007, 08:29 AM
They say it's derogatory then I found this, http://www.paki.com/
Now I is confused.

Alien5
01-19-2007, 08:46 AM
Case closed :glag:

thewizeard
01-19-2007, 08:59 AM
There are 4 things I really can't stand, racism, people who can't add up and Belgiums...

Barbarossa
01-19-2007, 10:09 AM

I retract my endorsement of your post. :dabs:

Originally, I thought you may have had a point, and that there was a difference, but after sleeping on it, I've concluded that the only difference is that between racism and racial hatred.

manker
01-19-2007, 12:34 PM
The Sun today has redeemed itself.

A columnist said (of the Jade fiasco) that Channel 4 has been hoist by its own retard - and that Jade's Mum would up up in arm about the whole thing.

Class.

Jade's mam has only got one arm

GepperRankins
01-19-2007, 12:41 PM

I retract my endorsement of your post. :dabs:

Originally, I thought you may have had a point, and that there was a difference, but after sleeping on it, I've concluded that the only difference is that between racism and racial hatred.
racial hatred is racism. personal attacks are not. a personal racial attack raises questions about racism but in itself it's nothing more than an attempt to hurt one person. hence, not racism

micky3840
01-19-2007, 12:46 PM
i think it is all over rated
but racism is not a good thing

Biggles
01-19-2007, 12:50 PM

Manker is a sheep shagging Welshman
Crabgirl is a greasy inbred gypsy
JPaul and Gep are dirty wee Jocks

Case closed

:dabs:

I don't know - you turn your back for 5 minutes and Skweeky is out of her box and jumping on the lid.

Not sure the BB thing is racism because how can three terminally stupid chavettes diss someone who is beautiful, clever and successful? It is a bit like being subject to racial abuse from a goldfish (albeit a goldfish would be more articulate)

Barbarossa
01-19-2007, 01:26 PM
racial hatred is racism.

Agreed, but racism does not necessarily have to be racial hatred.

Barbarossa
01-19-2007, 01:44 PM
By the way, did anyone else notice last night that at the end of the show they didn't give out the phone numbers for who to evict? :blink:

Barbarossa
01-19-2007, 01:45 PM
Not sure the BB thing is racism because how can three terminally stupid chavettes diss someone who is beautiful, clever and successful? It is a bit like being subject to racial abuse from a goldfish (albeit a goldfish would be more articulate)

Edwina Currie called them "three slags" on Question Time last night :lol:

Alien5
01-19-2007, 01:47 PM

Edwina Currie called them "three slags" on Question Time last night :lol: Jade Baddy is slightly overweight but i wouldnt say she was the size of 3 slags :unsure:

GepperRankins
01-19-2007, 02:00 PM
the media are fags too. from what little i've seen. jade was personal but the other two were the ones that were saying indians are skinny 'cause they can't cook chicken.

MCHeshPants420
01-19-2007, 02:44 PM
CBB is boring even with this "drama", what they need to do is take the losers to Iraq to be hung or strap them to an interstellar missle and blast them into the Sun (the newspaper or the large star in the centre of our solar system).

Skweeky
01-19-2007, 03:14 PM
There are 4 things I really can't stand, racism, people who can't add up and Belgiums...

Luckily for you, there is only one Belgium:D

/me jumps on the lid a bit more

manker
01-19-2007, 03:18 PM
So is Belgium actually in Holland itself - or is it merely part of The Netherlands.

I always get confused.

Barbarossa
01-19-2007, 03:21 PM
It doesn't matter, because they're both provinces of Germany anyway, aren't they? :unsure:

manker
01-19-2007, 03:31 PM
It doesn't matter, because they're both provinces of Germany anyway, aren't they? :unsure:
I think so, I know it used to be.

Didn't Anne Frank go blind because she was stuck in a Belgian shed for 15 years when Germany invaded Belgium back in the sixties?

Skweeky
01-19-2007, 03:41 PM
The North of Belgium used to be part of the Netherlands up until 1831, when there was a revolution involving a sing song and some pots and pans.

The South used to be part of France.

Hence the difference in language between areas.

After WWI a small piece of Germany, which is now called the Eastcanton was given to Belgium as some sort of reimbursement for erm... well, fighting on us and that.

We were occupied by the Germans during WWII of course.

The result of this was a tolerant socialist society with an interesting cultural and ethnic background where people do try to speak and understand more than one language.

Barbarossa
01-19-2007, 03:54 PM
So basically Belgium is just bits of other countries that no-one else wanted :)

Barbarossa
01-19-2007, 03:56 PM
Back on topic - Tonight's eviction will be sans crowd :(

That's very disappointing.

manker
01-19-2007, 03:57 PM
So basically Belgium is just bits of other countries that no-one else wanted :)
No no no.

If you read Skweeky's post carefully, you'll realise that after the second world war, the European leaders made Germany set aside vast swathes of its land purely for the production of chocolate and beer.

The modern name for this land is 'Belgium'. You see, we live and we learn.

manker
01-19-2007, 03:59 PM
Back on topic - Tonight's eviction will be sans crowd :(

That's very disappointing.
FFS

I was gonna watch that - now I, like a brazillion other schadenfreude enthusiasts, won't bother.

Channel 4 - hoist by their own retard.

Barbarossa
01-19-2007, 04:05 PM
If you had a dead arm like Jade's mum, would you want to keep it dangling around freakishly and getting in the way all the time, or would you want them to lop it off totally, and like wear a prosthetic one if you were going out in public or something :dabs:

I'd probably go for the "lop it off" option. It must get irritating, having to stick it into sleeves, and force it into your pocket, etc.

Maybe if it were removed completely they could replace it with a bionic arm :smilie4:

lynx
01-19-2007, 04:18 PM
I didn't know crazy_billy_bats (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/crazy-billy-bats-20625) had caused so much trouble.

I've not seen the old bugger for ages.

thewizeard
01-20-2007, 07:23 AM
So is Belgium actually in Holland itself - or is it merely part of The Netherlands.

I always get confused.

Although the Dutch like to give the Belgiums the idea of Self-governance, but truth be told, Belgium is still a part of the larger, much more significant Dutch Kingdom
Self-governance is an abstract concept that refers to several scales of organisation . It may refer to personal conduct or family unit but more commonly refers to larger scale activities, i.e. proffessions, industry bodies, religions and politcal units, up to and including autonomous regions (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autonomous_region) and aboriginal people (or others within nation states who enjoy some sovereign rights (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sovereign_right)). It falls within the larger context of governace and principles such as consent of the governed,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_the_Netherlands

The experiment in autonomy should IMO be closed and Belgium returned to it's Dutch fold.

PS> Note well that the starter of this very thread, Skweeky, turned her back on our southern most county, Belgium, and fled to Gretna Green, which is in some obscure land they call Scotland, wherever that may be.

Skweeky
01-20-2007, 03:56 PM
I have no objection to Flanders being returned to the Netherlands.

I've been waiting for years for a wee coffee shop in my mum's street.

Mr JP Fugley
01-20-2007, 04:20 PM
http://simpsonspedia.net/images/thumb/8/84/Ned_Flanders.png/500px-Ned_Flanders.png

manker
01-22-2007, 04:00 PM
I have no objection to Flanders being returned to the Netherlands.I also have no objection. It would be fan-diddly-tastic.

===

The Sun have won new respect from me with their 'sensitive' handling of the Jade story. No longer will I only peruse its sport section.

Today on page four is a photo of Jade outside a house in dark glasses with the caption; 'Jade at her secret hideaway yesterday'.

Awesome.

Barbarossa
01-22-2007, 04:12 PM
She's suicidal, apparently :dabs:

Luckily, boyfriend Jack is busily trying to get off with the ex-Miss Great Britain, who even more fortuitously is about to get dumped by 40-year-old Teddy Sheringham, because he is "embarrassed by her behaviour" :dabs:

Yes, The Sun rawks :01:

Biggles
01-22-2007, 04:56 PM
She's suicidal, apparently :dabs:

Luckily, boyfriend Jack is busily trying to get off with the ex-Miss Great Britain, who even more fortuitously is about to get dumped by 40-year-old Teddy Sheringham, because he is "embarrassed by her behaviour" :dabs:

Yes, The Sun rawks :01:

The Sun > All when it comes to bullying tho.

She could top herself and The Soaraway Sun would do a long piece on "How did that happen then?"

Chip Monk
01-23-2007, 08:07 AM
Nah, The Star, that's your man for the headlines.

In a recent piece on Abu Hamza (sp) with regard to his legal aid bill and him having to repay some of the costs, they actually said that the Legal Aid Board would be clawing back some of the money and that he would have to stump up. It was worse than that but I can't remember the actual headline.