PDA

View Full Version : Isohunt down! :(

kazaaman
01-18-2007, 01:30 AM
http://www.cdr.cz/picture_/25335/smallWas just browsing through Digg, when I saw that Isohunt server's were down. Apparently their ISP in the US, took their data offline w/out any warning or anything.

Update, Jan. 16, 2007
Lawyers from our primary ISP decided to pull our plug without any advance notice, as of 14:45 PST. No doubt related to our lawsuit brought by the MPAA, but we don't have more information at this time until people responsible comes to work tomorrow. We will be back in operation once we sort out this mess with our current ISP, or we get new hardware ready at our new ISP.

Sit back and enjoy the rest of the internet in the mean time, while it last. For your torrent searching needs, try Google for now by searching for "SEARCH TERMS ext:torrent".
We'll update on this page when we have more information. If you wish to help us out financially, you can donate via Paypal from the button below. Due to prior dis-taste from certain individuals taking donations for their legal defense and run however, this is not a legal defense fund. Your donations will be used for the operational costs of our servers and development of our websites. You have our sincere thanks.

:source: Source: Isohunt (http://isohunt.com/)

I hope they get back up soon because they had the best search engine for torrents.. :cry:

EFS
01-18-2007, 02:18 AM
Yes I agree with you and I hope that too

General2k
01-18-2007, 04:09 AM
Sounds like they are planning on being back up within the week.
Possibly even tomorrow.

Update, Jan. 17

12:45 PST - IH
We are moving house. If the tubes run smoothly, we expect to be back in full swing tomorrow.

Hairbautt
01-18-2007, 01:09 PM
Errrrr...Hope all will be well.

kayvanblue
01-18-2007, 02:54 PM
sad news

Eny-
01-18-2007, 03:27 PM
I wish a quick return

3 Wheels Of Tazio
01-19-2007, 06:22 AM
I wish a quick returnCouldn't have said it better, i never realised how much i actually use that place until i was trying to find something and it wasn't there.

BawA
01-19-2007, 07:53 AM
ahh a junk site anyway, there are lots of other and better(in many ways) public trackers. but i appreciate their fight against the evil MPAA.

mido
01-19-2007, 12:56 PM
sad news :(

I hope they get back up soon

Shadowfire
01-20-2007, 08:46 PM
Wow, I just found out about this yesterday when I tried to go on their site for a file I couldn't find anywhere else. IsoHunt was my fav public search. =( They've been very awesome in the past fighting the MPAA.

S!X
01-21-2007, 08:57 AM
Not only is isohunt down, torrentbox and any other affiliates are too.

Hairbautt
01-21-2007, 01:55 PM
Not only is isohunt down, torrentbox and any other affiliates are too.
Yea, podtropolis, too. :dabs:

dodgy368
01-21-2007, 03:49 PM
Update, Jan. 18

13:26 PST - SecretSquirrel

We've got our data in Canada, we're working on bringing the site back online. Hopefully we'll be done Real Soon Now.
22:02 PST - IH

Had to fight with hardware quirks, like on our shiny Raid array in the new database. It's screaming fast now, just the software remains to be setup across the cluster. To those that asked, this move is a large upgrade in hardware, bandwidth and re-doing our infrastructure better based on past mistakes. So it's taking longer than just throwing up servers would have. (well, we threw up this server in an hour) Tomorrow is most likely when we will restore all services.

Update, Jan. 21

00:22 PST - IH

Ok, we ran into more snags (mainly with network hardware) than we anticipated, but we are getting real close now. I expect we can restore services by today. I just got access to my email on isohunt.com, and there is a staggering number of them from Paypal. I checked, and since Jan. 17, we've received about $4000 in donations. That's $1000/day. A testiment to how much you guys care about the services we provide, and especially meaningful to those of us working day and night setting up our new cluster (with hardware we have to beat into submission). Thank you.
To give you an idea of the extent of this upgrade, we spent $40,000 on hardware alone. These are hand-picked server parts we assembled ourselves. Monthly bandwidth cost extra. Kudos, your money is being put to good use.

Should be back up soon:D

$1,000 per day.:w00t:

vampiro
01-22-2007, 11:25 PM
tis back isohunt!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hairbautt
01-22-2007, 11:29 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v383/Hairbautt/Smilies/Dance.gif

kingace
01-23-2007, 08:27 AM
Damn I Was Just Download A Torrent From That Particular Site !!!!

What A Waste !!!

I Heard A Rumour That Demonoid Is The Next Target.....

kiosk
01-23-2007, 09:20 AM
site seems to be working ok here

jonasfjeld
01-28-2007, 01:16 PM
I personally rate torrentz.com