PDA

View Full Version : Superbowl XLI!!!

Busyman™
01-22-2007, 05:51 AM
http://www.sportslogos.net/images/Football/NFL/NFL-SB_7229.gif
Sunday, February 4 - Dolphin Stadium - Miami, Florida
6:25pm - CBS

http://www.clickoff.com/playoff/images/CH.gifChicago Bears(15-3)

vs.

http://www.clickoff.com/playoff/images/IN.gifIndianapolis Colts(15-4)

UK2b
01-22-2007, 05:54 AM
Damn. I wanted to see the Patriots at the Superbowl. Oh well. I'm not sure who I want to win.

Busyman™
01-22-2007, 05:54 AM
For the first time in history a black coach will win the Superbowl. Will it be Lovie Smith or Tony Dungy?

The Colt made history by staging the greatest comeback in a conference championship. 18 points FTW!

Manning is a warrior.

I'll have my picks later. It ain't easy.

Busyman™
01-22-2007, 05:56 AM
Damn. I wanted to see the Patriots at the Superbowl. Oh well. I'm not sure who I want to win.

Why? They been 3 times in the last 4 years. They were last team I wanted to see there. I'm rooting for the Colts.

Are you a Pats fan?

famous45
01-22-2007, 06:47 AM
Colts finally get to Big Show and Manning can finally earn his huge salary. I am sooo glad they won. Fucking great game and an unbelievable comeback. Joseph Addai, your the man.

I'm voting for the Superbowl Shuffle, 2007 style. I know you got it in ya Grossman, git yer shuffle on.

GO Colts!!!

clocker
01-22-2007, 01:05 PM
This is a tough one to call.

Initially, I guessed the Colts would wipe up da Bears but upon further reflection, I'm not so sure.
Depends on which version of the defense shows up.

For most of the first half the Pat's defense had Manning's number- it wasn't until exhaustion and the flu(?) depleted them that the Colts took over.

If the Monsters of the Midway defense makes it to Miami, I think the Bears can win...assuming of course, that Grossman doesn't give the game away.

SpiderPig
01-22-2007, 06:03 PM
Hate both teams...

Predictions:

1. Manning 3 INTs
2. 1 Kickoff return for a TD by Hester
3. GROSSman 4 INTs, 1 for TD by Bob Sanders, 6.2 Passer Rating
4. Addai 2 Running TDs
5. Vinateri wins the game with a FG with 5 seconds to go.
6. Tank Johnson gets shot after the game
7. Final Score: 27 - 24 Indy

Skiz
01-22-2007, 06:11 PM
I don't even care about the SB anymore. I watch it, but not intently. Both teams play so conservatively now, it's rather boring imo.

For me, the best games of the year are the AFC/NFC Championship games.

Busyman™
01-22-2007, 11:29 PM
I don't even care about the SB anymore. I watch it, but not intently. Both teams play so conservatively now, it's rather boring imo.

Suit yourself.:smilie4:

I'm probably going to have house full o folks for a Superbowl party.

Who knows, this may be a great game like the AFC Championship.

I like the fact that this one is a tough one to call.

Midnight720
01-23-2007, 12:09 AM
i don't know what you mean by conservatively, last two bears games i saw them go for it on 4th down in the first quarter when they could have just gone for the easy 3

Midnight720
01-23-2007, 12:12 AM

i don't know what you mean by conservatively, last two bears games i saw them go for it on 4th down in the first quarter when they could have just gone for the easy 3. I don't expect them to change.

2007 shuffle!!

Skiz
01-23-2007, 02:29 AM

i don't know what you mean by conservatively, last two bears games i saw them go for it on 4th down in the first quarter when they could have just gone for the easy 3. I don't expect them to change.

2007 shuffle!!

If you'll read my post, it says the teams play too conservatively in the SB (Super Bowl).

The last 2 Bears games have not been the SB, have they?

Busyman™
01-23-2007, 03:28 AM
I'm quite happy that 2 black head coaches made it thus insuring one would win.

Maybe Lovie, who is one of the lowest paid head coaches in the league can get that up in pay that he wanted.

He has certainly earned it at this point.

trobinson97
01-24-2007, 04:03 AM
I was hoping for a Colts/Saints matchup, but it's all good. I'm pulling for the Colts to win, I'd like to see Manning and Harrison go ahead and get their rings. I think they will win too, if the Colts D can contain the Bear's running game. Yeah, that's a hard call if you've witnessed the Colt's run defense, but they effectively stopped KC, Baltimore, and the Pats (the Pats would have probably urn if they continued to run in the second half). If they can stop Chicago's, it will be up to that Grossman to win it for them, and I doubt very seriously his ability to do so. Offensively, the Colts will have to rely on some big plays from Manning and his receievers. I do not foresee the Addai/Whodes combo to be an effective one against the Bears' D'. They will probably be shut down for most of the game but I think 2-3 big plays can get them (the Colts) the win.

DefX
01-24-2007, 04:31 AM
Im picking the Colts to win this one by at least 10 pts. I believe grossman will melt under the huge spotlight and even the great bears defence wont be enough to salvage it for them. The fact that the Colts had to struggle to win their last sunday's matchup againts the pats should benefit them too.

shosh
01-27-2007, 06:39 PM
Bears ftw
even though grossman is useless, i think they will not give him alot of responsibility and the defense will tear the colts apart

midoss
01-28-2007, 09:30 AM
the Colts will win
Manning is Superbowl mvb

pimfram
01-30-2007, 12:11 AM
bears dont stand a chance. if peyton doesnt blow it for indy

clocker
01-30-2007, 01:12 AM
Bears win 27 to 24.

Dooskey
02-01-2007, 04:58 PM
I think the Bears win this one. They should be able to run the ball - even though Indy has done a good job stopping it so far this post season. But with the 2 good backs, I think they'll get it done. Peyton will crumble under the big game pressure once again, and the Bears are champs.

Prior
02-01-2007, 11:12 PM
I've got the Colts winning 27-24.

SpiderPig
02-02-2007, 11:44 PM
Superbowl party 2mrw, damn I CANT WAIT!

maebach
02-03-2007, 05:00 AM
colts> beears
24-17

Celerystalksme
02-04-2007, 02:45 AM
It will be a close game because i doubt there will be that much offensive flair, Manning will get the job done because i think he wants that ring more than anyone. A 23 - 17 win to the Colts is what im predicting. Thank god i dont have work tomorrow so i get to drink and watch the game (mind you it starts at 10am in Australia...so i will be drinking early). =D

DefX
02-04-2007, 05:22 AM
Colts over Bears 27 - 17

DefX
02-05-2007, 04:17 AM
^^^ Damn i almost got the final score: 29 - 17 :)

Congrats to the Colts fans around here

Dooskey
02-05-2007, 06:31 AM
It was a pretty entertaining game - espically for the first quarter and a half or so. I was pulling for the Bears, but it was a solid game overall. Plus, a nice win for Dungy and Manning, they both seem like pretty solid guys.

Dooskey
02-05-2007, 06:33 AM
It was a pretty entertaining game - espically for the first quarter and a half or so. I was pulling for the Bears, but it was a solid game overall. Plus, a nice win for Dungy and Manning, they both seem like pretty solid guys.

anak
02-05-2007, 07:14 AM
It's sad that I found battlefield 2 more interesting than the superbowl this year... or is football just that boring to watch for me?

Barbarossa
02-05-2007, 09:53 AM
Well I watched for a bit, but I couldn't work out what was going on, so I went to bed :dabs:

DefX
02-05-2007, 10:47 PM
Well I watched for a bit, but I couldn't work out what was going on, so I went to bed :dabs:

:lol: :lol: Thats exactly what my Dad did too. I tried my best to explain it to him though.

Busyman™
02-06-2007, 03:20 AM

:lol: :lol: Thats exactly what my Dad did too. I tried my best to explain it to him though.

Yeah I will admit that NFL football and is not as simple as soccer.

SpiderPig
02-06-2007, 03:23 AM
Hate both teams...

Predictions:

1. Manning 3 INTs 2 INTs..
2. 1 Kickoff return for a TD by Hester
3. GROSSman 4 INTs, 1 for TD by Bob Sanders, 6.2 Passer Rating 2 INTS, 1 TD, 1 INT for TD
4. Addai 2 Running TDs 0 TDS :'(
5. Vinateri wins the game with a FG with 5 seconds to go. Not Really..
6. Tank Johnson gets shot after the game Maybe
7. Final Score: 27 - 24 Indy At least I got the winner right:cool:

Bolded: Correct stuff.. I only got the Kickoff return right :(

tralalala
02-06-2007, 01:18 PM
was a great first half..
it didnt seem so amazing towards the end because the Bears only scored 3 pts in the second half.. plus the fact that returning a kick for a TD after 14 seconds in the Superbowl.. it can only go sort of downhill from there (although Mannings 50 odd yard pass was amazing).. just wasnt as exciting this year

xr4ti
02-06-2007, 01:23 PM
last year was more exciting for me except that my team lost :(

mbfraser
02-06-2007, 11:53 PM
was a great first half..
it didnt seem so amazing towards the end because the Bears only scored 3 pts in the second half.. plus the fact that returning a kick for a TD after 14 seconds in the Superbowl.. it can only go sort of downhill from there (although Mannings 50 odd yard pass was amazing).. just wasnt as exciting this year

The 50 yard pass to Reggie Wayne? Meh, he was wide open. It was a defensive lapse by the Bears. I thought the best part of the SB was Prince's half time show. Man, I wish I was there. The rest of the game was just...okay. Too many turnovers though.

michael100
02-07-2007, 03:03 PM
i don't know what you mean by conservatively, last two bears games i saw them go for it on 4th down in the first quarter when they could have just gone for the easy 3

dtrain1234
02-14-2007, 02:39 AM
Peyton Manning deserves a Super Bowl ring. He has a great career and his future looks even brighter after winning the SuperBowl.