PDA

View Full Version : I Think Somebody Has Tried To Send Me A Virus...

DrOctagon
01-23-2007, 02:39 PM
I just recieved the below email off somebody obviously from this site:

Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 15:14:15 +0200
From: "yeoman yeoman" <[email protected]> Add to Address BookAdd to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
Yahoo! DomainKeys has confirmed that this message was sent by gmail.com. Learn more
To: ****@gmail.com
Subject: Rabbit Ratio Proof & Acc. Details
hi

this is my Rabbit details. and i sent u my F*N Acc. Details

please send me the invite as soon as possiable.

bye
Attachments
Attachment scanning provided by:

Files:
Rabbit_Ratio_Proof.rar Rabbit_Ratio_Proof.rar (392k)

The thing is, the proof of ratio is in a .rar file and the filename of the supposed screen shot is Rabbit_Ratio_Proof.exe

Has anybody else experienced anything like this. I've certaiunly never sent a screenshot or any kind of Image as a .exe as we all know that is the format most viruses arrive in. Just be warned and if anybody else has had something similar or anybody recognises the sender as a member off here, let me know.

Another weird thing is that the email address it was sent to (****@gmail.com) isn't mine.

007™
01-23-2007, 03:14 PM
OMFGGGGG

I GOT THE SAME FUCKEN MESSAGE

-----------------

Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 11:55:22 +0200
From: "sweetheart sweetheart" <[email protected]> Add to Address Book
To: ****@gmail.com
Subject: F*N Ratio Proof
hi
this my F*N Acc. Ratio Proof and details

and i will send u my rabbit details also. so reply with the offer please

Attachments Attachment scanning provided by:

Files:

FTN_Ratio_Proof.rar (392k) Scan and Save to the Computer - Save to Yahoo! Canada Briefcase

-------------------------------

FUCK I WAS ABOUT TO CLICK IT, BUT REMEBER THIS THREAD.

ewerest
01-23-2007, 03:27 PM
i got that e-mail too.
when i scaned the files with bitdefender,it found virus,trojan .....

torrentt
01-23-2007, 03:31 PM
got it also

safa
01-23-2007, 03:49 PM
Forward it to the mods and maybe they can get an ip and crosscheck it here and possibly find they culprit.

RealitY
01-23-2007, 08:31 PM
Think its common sense not to open files like this. If this was sent though the email function on the board it would tell you what member sent it. Looking at the addresses this was sent from we dont show it being assotiated with any member on the site. Have also edit some posts in this thread and closing it. If theres any more on this make a report in the report section on the site...