PDA

View Full Version : I Have A Few Questions

angelique
05-21-2003, 05:09 AM
What is the best virus program that I should download?

What is the best program to download to remove adware, spyware, etc.?

Can I burn any type of video file to a cd-r with Nero and it will still play on my dvd player? (im new to this, since im only use to burning mp3's)

jay973
05-21-2003, 05:12 AM
1-AVG Antivirus is commonly used

2-AD-Aware 6 by Lavasoft

3-Look here (http://www.dvdrhelp.com)
:D

angelique
05-21-2003, 05:18 AM
Originally posted by jay973@21 May 2003 - 05:12

2-AD-Aware 6 by Lavasoft

3-Look here (http://www.dvdrhelp.com)
:D
thanks :D. I'm already using Ad-Aware 6 :D, so saves me a download, heh.

Caplet
05-21-2003, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by jay973@21 May 2003 - 05:12
I have never heard of this Antivirus. I have been using Norton with the whole System works program. I'll have to check it out.

bigmaxy
05-21-2003, 11:58 AM
Nortons Antivirus is by far the best. Adaware6.0 for spyware. Sleep easy...

Props022
05-21-2003, 12:00 PM
Stick with the Norton.... And to simplify your DVD question....your DVD player must first be able to play either SVCD's and CD-R/CD-RW. If it can play one or the other, then your in luck. You can use Nero(with a MPeg-2 to SVCD add-on), which will convert your movies to a super video cd format. First you'll have to change your video format, which is most likely avi. But there's a catch.... An Avi file could be roughly around 690 megs...if this is the case, it could fit on the CD. However, when it is converted to MPeg-2, the file grows roughly in size to about 750-800 megs. So you'll have to use video editing software to "cut" the video in half. Then convert the two AVI's into Mpeg2 (Using an app, that I forget the name too). Then use nero, and presto.

Another thing...IF you have a dvd burner....It could be a different story, however, I don't believe that Just a DVD player could play burnt DVD +/DVD+- and DVD-. THough I'm not sure, I haven't done it.

And to be honest, they're could be an easier way to do the above....

harrycary
05-21-2003, 03:42 PM
Please, read this post (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?act=ST&f=13&t=34969&st=0&#entry242551).

kdm172
05-21-2003, 04:10 PM
Norton Anti-virus is the best

angelique
05-21-2003, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Props022@21 May 2003 - 12:00
Stick with the Norton.... And to simplify your DVD question....your DVD player must first be able to play either SVCD's and CD-R/CD-RW. If it can play one or the other, then your in luck. You can use Nero(with a MPeg-2 to SVCD add-on), which will convert your movies to a super video cd format. First you'll have to change your video format, which is most likely avi. But there's a catch.... An Avi file could be roughly around 690 megs...if this is the case, it could fit on the CD. However, when it is converted to MPeg-2, the file grows roughly in size to about 750-800 megs. So you'll have to use video editing software to "cut" the video in half. Then convert the two AVI's into Mpeg2 (Using an app, that I forget the name too). Then use nero, and presto.

Another thing...IF you have a dvd burner....It could be a different story, however, I don't believe that Just a DVD player could play burnt DVD +/DVD+- and DVD-. THough I'm not sure, I haven't done it.

And to be honest, they're could be an easier way to do the above....
Thank you for that, that was very helpful. Yeah my dvd player plays CD-R CDRW, VCD and SVCDs, so I'm in luck. The only thing is I'm not burning movies. I just want to burn a few music video's I got from a site or television apparences that a favorite singer of mine was on. Do I still need to convert them to avi to work?

As for the Norton Antivirus, I am currently downloading that from Kazaa. Not sure what version, but right now anything will do since I haven't scanned my computer since I've had it (2 years) :o. I guess you can say lack of knowledge has prevented me from waiting so long.

Caplet
05-21-2003, 05:29 PM
If you are going with Norton, maybe look at the System Works package. I like the clean sweep and win doctor util in it.

angelique
05-21-2003, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by harrycary@21 May 2003 - 15:42
Please, read this post (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?act=ST&f=13&t=34969&st=0&#entry242551).
That explained it even better, sorta, lol. Hmm, I'll figure this out if it takes foever :D.

angelique
05-21-2003, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Caplet@21 May 2003 - 17:29
If you are going with Norton, maybe look at the System Works package. I like the clean sweep and win doctor util in it.
ok sure thing :D

harrycary
05-21-2003, 10:43 PM
I've downloaded some music videos and they were all mpg files.
Hopefully this is what you have because then no encoding is necessary. Just use your CD burning software to create a VCD(or SVCD).