PDA

View Full Version : Found a sharing client that eats torrent and craps gnutella

viper1405
01-26-2007, 07:56 PM
I was searching around the web for a faster filesharing system and found one called OobieShare. I downloaded their software and from what I gather is that it literally eats the torren system and craps gnutella. Its hard to figure out, but when I read the read me that it tells you to do its rather easy. Right now they have a LITE version and the PRO versions are in the works. They have some videos on the site to view the speeds of the pro versions. Anyways you can upload your files too:w00t: . The site says that you dont have to wait on busy hosts like on torrent or gnutella systems, and their right. The downfall is that it is relatively new and there arent that many users, but I can see it becoming the most popular sharing client in the not too distant future. The site is below:

http://www.oobie.has.it

Skiz
01-26-2007, 08:04 PM
Are we supposed to be able to tell what's going on in those fuzzy videos? :blink:

What does this program download?
What are it's sources?
Are you the creator?

viper1405
01-26-2007, 08:16 PM
It downloads stuff looks like a twisted ftp client.
Dont know of its sources or what you mean.
And no Im not the creator.

Yeah the videos are fuzzy but I am using it to store my files.

Skiz
01-26-2007, 08:30 PM
It downloads stuff....

:dabs:

My question is:

What does it download? Music, games, apps, videos?
Most importantly: Who/Where is the content being downloaded from?

viper1405
01-26-2007, 08:44 PM
Ohhhh music movies games ebooks apps, but there is only music right now from what I can see. I'm uploading the old weird science trailer right now, then the actual movie.

All I can gather from the program files download location is the following:

Welcome To PURFTPD[privsp][TLS]
Access to vHOSTS
Current Directory: oobieshare

Thats all I know considering I read it from the connection panel on the left.

rbh
01-27-2007, 12:39 AM
hmmmmm, i think i would wait till it is verified by some reliable sources. if it is everything it claims to be and is on the up and up it will soon spread around. seems kinda iffy to be uploading a bunch of stuff without knowing much about it.:blink:

LinkS v2.0
01-27-2007, 12:41 AM
Ill wait until its verified

Skiz
01-27-2007, 02:47 AM
if it is everything it claims to be....

What is it claiming to be? The website offers absolutely no information.

rbh
01-27-2007, 03:16 AM
" Faster than torrents! Faster than gnutella! Faster than http! OobieShare offers highspeed downloads and uploads. Now you can share you files on our highspeed servers for free with our lite version. We will be launching OobieShare Pro (paid version) which will use our "ONYX" prototype servers that are 5x-50x faster than our base client. No more waiting on busy hosts or searching for more sources when using gnutella or bittorrent. Now limewire and bittorrent have something to worry about."

it claims a lot in a few short sentences. just seems like a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow with all the claims and very little to back it up yet. maybe it will be the way of the future, but even a noob like myself is wise enough to stay away till it is proven. ;)

EisDann
01-27-2007, 08:32 PM
i don't get it.....

zedaxax
01-27-2007, 09:15 PM
strange... that i cannot get faster downloads than my isp will allow
torrent maxes my bandwidth everytime.

viper1405
01-28-2007, 04:19 AM
The software comes in a package: JPress, UNOob, and OobieShare Lite. The jpress and unoob programs are pretty cool. You know how most servers and webhosts dont allow certain file types? Well if you have that problem, you can use the JPress to compress the files to a ".jpg" extension (also you can host your files on image hosts as well). That way you can host your files without worrying about them not being accepted, because it spoofs the servers to think that the files are .jpg images. The unoob program is the extractor kinda like winrar or winzip, plus you can add other files to the compressed file. Before you upload your files to the oobieshare servers, the readme states that you must compress your files to the ".jpg" extension.

das
02-08-2007, 06:06 PM
pando-express it's new and easy to use not much on there at the mo the link below have a look

http://pando.estset.com