PDA

View Full Version : Software Piracy

berryman
05-21-2003, 07:10 PM
just a quick question for everyone who downloads software. Is there a way you can actually get tracked down by downloading it? I'm very tempted to download Photoshop 7, but kind of hesitant to know if Adobe would ever be able to find out and track me down. When using a cracked serial number or some kind of key, does that reflect to anyone (Adobe in particular) that you've downloaded a hacked version? Also, are you eligible for updates to the product by using an illegal serial number? YOu normally have to register it to get updates, but does that work with a cracked program? Any responses appreciated.

-=Cyrus=-
05-21-2003, 07:40 PM
Hi,

i've got its great!!!!!!!...i would advise you NOT!!! to register it as they will be able to tell that two or more people are useing it. You can still get updates free of there website.

Hope this helps

MadDog-2000
05-21-2003, 07:42 PM
Go ahead download Photoshop 7. Millions of people have already done what you described. Adobe is not gonna hunt you down, except if you are so stupid and tell them that you have an illegal copy of Photoshop. Most serial numbers out there today are engineering numbers or master keys, which means they work with every copy. You can also download a key generator that will make you a personalized key but they can't track you down!

Also, are you eligible for updates to the product by using an illegal serial number?

Of course you are not eligible! You have to download updates from somewhere else, like KLite or FTP servers. If you want it up to date, just download the latest version from the net.

singe
05-21-2003, 07:43 PM
software developers will only really check buisnesses for illegal software - where hundreds of copies are installed... it isnt worth them tracking down every home user just to charge them for it and delete it from their computer

lenny_vp
05-22-2003, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by berryman@21 May 2003 - 20:10
just a quick question for everyone who downloads software. Is there a way you can actually get tracked down by downloading it? I'm very tempted to download Photoshop 7, but kind of hesitant to know if Adobe would ever be able to find out and track me down. When using a cracked serial number or some kind of key, does that reflect to anyone (Adobe in particular) that you've downloaded a hacked version? Also, are you eligible for updates to the product by using an illegal serial number? YOu normally have to register it to get updates, but does that work with a cracked program? Any responses appreciated.
Yes u can... But the chances of you getting caught are very slim.

ShockAndAwe^i^
05-22-2003, 04:40 AM
http://www.chinkii.com/uploads/album/misc/allred1.jpg
You can always get her to defend you if you get caught!!