View Full Version : BT Dedicated Server/Seedbox

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

darkseekers
03-29-2007, 05:39 AM
back up! :D

:thumbsup::clap::thumbsup::clap::thumbsup::clap::thumbsup:

THEWHO27
03-29-2007, 03:02 PM
have leeware and can connect trough my password and user but not when i click the torrent flux?

007™
03-29-2007, 06:28 PM
have leeware and can connect trough my password and user but not when i click the torrent flux?

to access torrentflux it will be something like this

vps256.leeware.com

to access the server itself

vps256.leeware.com:10000

and replace 256 with whichever number yourserver is.

/007

DonaDony
03-29-2007, 07:13 PM
i hope someday i will get SeedBox

Cobra98
03-29-2007, 07:51 PM
Hello everyone, i have been reading this thread for a few days now front to back and again.... I ordered a leeware server but I know nothing about linux but the price was great so I took a chance...

I just recieved all my server info by email and was wondering if someone could do a write up on installing torrentflux for linux and starting torrents...

*wink* *wink* 007 haha....

Thanks for all the info and testing you have done for the people in this thread 007, it is very much appreciated!

BombayMan
03-29-2007, 08:32 PM
vectoral has some of their severs back in stock...

just ordered now.

mavg
03-29-2007, 08:50 PM
360 euros

this is the minim pay job on portugal

lol

i have to go tho another contry

i pay 60 euros for threw mounts to a dedicate server box .

ojm
03-30-2007, 04:10 AM
Setting up torrentflux isn't an easy job and you can't expect a great tutorial..

You need Apache, MySQL and PHP installed for it to work, when that is done, it is simple.

The easiest way to get those three programs installed is by using a program called XAMPP. Google it, there are many tutorials out there. Remember, that Linux is a generic term, and look for a tutorial for your distribution of it (LeeWare uses Fedora).

popopot
03-30-2007, 03:36 PM
Are Leeware any good? I have heard great things about LeaseWeb, but for their 49 Euro (~ $65) I could get 2 VPS 200's and a VPS100.

Also,

1) Is it worth getting the 100 Mbps uplink port or stick with the 10 Mbps uplink port? (at LayeredTech for example).

2) Is it worth the extra for windows and will windows web edition do?

Thanks for any help.

Biggmike
03-30-2007, 06:09 PM
does ne one know how to fix this problem

i have a windows 2003 seedbox and if i log on to my server from different computers it logs in but it seems like its under another user..... utorrent isnt open any more, im pretty sure its still open but under a different user or something.... the only way i can fix this is by rebooting which is kind of annoying

if anyone knows how to fix this without rebooting i would appreciate the help

007™
03-30-2007, 08:43 PM
if there are more than 1 users open up, it will give you an option which one too choose, choose the one thats been logged on longer, then go into Task Manager then users then shut down the other user.

joyntkid
03-30-2007, 08:53 PM
Are Leeware any good? I have heard great things about LeaseWeb, but for their 49 Euro (~ $65) I could get 2 VPS 200's and a VPS100.

Also,

1) Is it worth getting the 100 Mbps uplink port or stick with the 10 Mbps uplink port? (at LayeredTech for example).

Thanks for any help.

i use the $25 leeware along with a best of data (just for a month or two) and it colud hold about 12 highly seeded torrents before the server load was too much and i had to reboot. but that has only happened once. its worth it IMO if you don't wanna spend alot.

2)for me(a linux noob) it was worth it to get windows on my best of data server because i could run utorrent and use either webui or just a remote desktop. and yes, web edition is fine.

popopot
03-30-2007, 09:18 PM

Also,

Thanks for any help.

i use the $25 leeware along with a best of data (just for a month or two) and it colud hold about 12 highly seeded torrents before the server load was too much and i had to reboot. but that has only happened once. its worth it IMO if you don't wanna spend alot.

2)for me(a linux noob) it was worth it to get windows on my best of data server because i could run utorrent and use either webui or just a remote desktop. and yes, web edition is fine.

Thanks for the info, but what is 'best of data'?

THEWHO27
03-30-2007, 09:21 PM

Also,

Thanks for any help.

for leeware what along with a best of data do u use:)

joyntkid
03-30-2007, 09:26 PM
bestofdata.com is a dedicated server provider.
they are a dedibox based company, but i've never had a problem with it.

i just have a leeware VPS running torrentflux.

for my bestofdata.com server i use windows server 2003 web and utorrent. i havent even had it a full month and upped about 3TB or more.

THEWHO27
03-30-2007, 09:53 PM
how easy is it to setup m8 bestofdata.com

and what would i need to get joyntkid

007™
03-30-2007, 11:40 PM

did you read the #1 post of this thread lmao

joyntkid
03-30-2007, 11:40 PM
quite easy.
you put money in the account, order a server.
2-3 days later you get it.
log on using Windows Remote Desktop with the username and password given to you.
install utorrent and have at it.

popopot
03-31-2007, 12:44 AM

Indeed.:D

I have a good memory but that was 26 pages ago. Besides, I was distracted by your top 5 dedicated server list, which I am still tempted by.

007™
03-31-2007, 12:51 AM

I have a good memory but that was 26 pages ago. Besides, I was distracted by your top 5 dedicated server list, which I am still tempted by.

hehe some n00b msg me and said to remove leaseweb from #1 because their support isnt that great, lmao 4get support, they get best speeds lmao

popopot
03-31-2007, 01:04 AM
So are you with Leaseweb then? Did I read some pages ago that you were going to test some others out as well?

007™
03-31-2007, 01:30 AM
So are you with Leaseweb then? Did I read some pages ago that you were going to test some others out as well?

im not with leaseweb currently but its still #1 :D :D

i tested out the Leeware VPS's and they were worth the money you paid em
im gonna try out FDCServer and get the 1GigE Unmetered, ill let you know how it goes ;)

popopot
03-31-2007, 01:42 AM

im gonna try out FDCServer and get the 1GigE Unmetered, ill let you know how it goes ;)

It would be good to know how it goes, although it sounds like a lot of money. I am definitely going to order mine tomorrow - probably from Leaseweb. Its unfortunate that it will be a little too late for me to donate my services to the foundation of SCN.

007™
03-31-2007, 01:57 AM

It would be good to know how it goes, although it sounds like a lot of money. I am definitely going to order mine tomorrow - probably from Leaseweb. Its unfortunate that it will be a little too late for me to donate my services to the foundation of SCN.

i might have a spare invite, if you'll become an uploader ;)

RTFM
03-31-2007, 02:24 AM
What are the speeds like on a leeware VPS?

joyntkid
03-31-2007, 02:32 AM
i've gotten 4mB/s up and down.

TYPE R
03-31-2007, 02:33 AM
i get this message when i click on TF

Could not connect to the server

RTFM
03-31-2007, 05:16 AM
i've gotten 4mB/s up and down.

That's a steal for only $15/month. I'm really tempted :drool:

THEWHO27
03-31-2007, 06:48 AM
on bestofdata i have to order Monthly - : $59.95 plus Windows Server 2003 Web Edition: $20 / month to make it work yes sorry noob!!

test112
03-31-2007, 07:40 AM
noobs just hack an box ;) much easier ;) never pay for file sharing is quote of FST not;)

TYPE R
03-31-2007, 11:27 AM
is there any body eles geting this message on, TF
Description: Could not connect to the server
i hav got a leeware server,$25 1.

sperm
03-31-2007, 09:31 PM
is there any body eles geting this message on, TF
Description: Could not connect to the server
i hav got a leeware server,$25 1.

yeah, i had that last night... though i did wipe out my VPS for a good few hours last night on a dodgy java install with 100% cpu usage :lol:

when i woke this morning apache, mysql and webmin was down, though i managed to give it a reboot using ssh :D and everything has been working fine since

THEWHO27
04-01-2007, 01:06 PM
vectoral server with widows web is there any configuration i have to do to utorrent?

RTFM
04-01-2007, 01:44 PM
Another leeware question...do you know how many VPS clients share one server?

pierow
04-01-2007, 01:46 PM
Another leeware question...do you know how many VPS clients share one server?

I'd say minimum 15 max probably 30

RTFM
04-01-2007, 01:58 PM
Thanks for the help. I'm really thinking about ordering one in the next few days. :)

RainRoofer
04-01-2007, 03:26 PM
Softlayer is giving 3 months for free 100/100 seedbox, who gives best reason at [email protected]!

darkseekers
04-01-2007, 03:40 PM
Softlayer is giving 3 months for free 100/100 seedbox, who gives best reason at [email protected]!

april fooll..??

RainRoofer
04-01-2007, 04:26 PM
No, april fool! one l!

THEWHO27
04-01-2007, 06:09 PM
on my server im using utorrent and windows how do i transfer on to my hard drive the files from my server?

007™
04-01-2007, 06:18 PM
you have to ftp it.

hmm use Serv-U or FileZilla Software

THEWHO27
04-01-2007, 06:52 PM
i have flash fxp is thrt ok?

007™
04-01-2007, 06:54 PM
any FTP client will work, i just recommended those 2 :)

THEWHO27
04-01-2007, 06:56 PM
ok it says server or url
user
pass

ive put in the ip and user pass they gave me does not get connected

pierow
04-01-2007, 07:00 PM
ok it says server or url
user
pass

ive put in the ip and user pass they gave me does not get connected

Not sure if you understand. You have to setup a windows ftp server on the seedbox like 007 said. BPFTP, serv-u are a couple of examples. Then you can use flashfxp or any other client to connect and download.

sperm
04-01-2007, 08:27 PM
on my server im using utorrent and windows how do i transfer on to my hard drive the files from my server?
i take it your using remote desktop to connect to your server? if yes, for smaller file transfer under options > local resources > More > Drives, then select the local drive that you want to access.

http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/3908/altzo1.jpg

connect to your server, have a look in my computer and the drive on your laptop / desktop will be accessable from their... just drag and drop files :)

nemesi54
04-01-2007, 10:21 PM
So many question from everyone....

And I have hundreds more.....!!

007 , daveed and anyone who knows how to set up a seedbox i have a proposition...

Why not you guys make a tutorial on how to set up a seedbox??

and how to ftp from the server???

I know that you might not have the time but it would be something great and you would help a lot of members here...

Please think about it....

showbox
04-01-2007, 10:27 PM

nice Idea ...... and about the other thing , i think bring SeedBox With Windows is better than Linux , if u dunna know how 2 use it :)

nemesi54
04-01-2007, 10:34 PM

nice Idea ...... and about the other thing , i think bring SeedBox With Windows is better than Linux , if u dunna know how 2 use it :)

Right not everyone knows to handle Linux....

They can make 2 (two) tutorials...

One with windows and one with Linux

But then we ask a lot from them...we got to go easy with that..

I think that a tutorial for windows would fit to everyone...Linux is for people that have time to spend on known it...

RTFM
04-01-2007, 11:35 PM
I might be installing torrentflux on a linux server tomorrow, I'll post a walkthrough if I do.

Cobra98
04-02-2007, 01:36 AM
I might be installing torrentflux on a linux server tomorrow, I'll post a walkthrough if I do.

Yes please do, I purchased a Leeware server and having some troubles getting XAMMP and TF installed....

joyntkid
04-02-2007, 03:30 AM
you would be God if you posted a walkthrough. :)

RTFM
04-02-2007, 04:04 AM
As it turns out, Buggyme actually recommended that I emulate Windows to run uTorrent. I should be setting it up tomorrow. I'll still try to look into setting up torrentflux, though, may even try to set it up.

euitwa
04-02-2007, 08:16 AM

Yes please do, I purchased a Leeware server and having some troubles getting XAMMP and TF installed....

Seriously guys, don't install TF...it's honestly not a great client, and I don't even think it's allowed on some trackers.

There are SO many more options if you have a linux server. Azureus, ktorrent, etc.

Azureus can run without a GUI, and there are at least 2 web interface plugins for it. Plus, it's allowed on every tracker out there since it's Azureus.

Of course, Azureus isn't very efficient either with the java, but if you do some research there's definitely a LOT of other linux clients out there, MANY of which have web interface plugins (although, I will say that with Ktorrent the stupid web interface seems to crash Ktorrent itself very easily, which is sad because it's a lot more efficient than azureus otherwise).

Honestly I have no clue why torrentflux is even popular.

And of course there's always just running utorrent under wine. Why in the world would you run torrentflux lol.

Buggyme
04-02-2007, 08:17 AM
I think I will make a walkthrough for installing uTorrent and WebUI.

euitwa
04-02-2007, 08:20 AM
I think I will make a walkthrough for installing uTorrent and WebUI.

Do you think it's better to run uTorrent in WINE or just run ktorrent? So far I've been pretty happy with ktorrent except the stupid webui plugin for it will cause ktorrent to go seppuku on itself, and for some weird reason I can't find anybody else complaining about this on google so I couldn't troubleshoot it =(

On a side note, if anybody here wants to install ktorrent on fedora core...don't bother trying to compile it yourself since it will basically drive you slowly insane as you fix every compiling error only to find that it's still uncompilable. So just get it off of yum (and no, I have no idea why I thought it'd be a good idea to compile it myself, maybe just for old school's sake)

ojm
04-02-2007, 08:39 AM
TorrentFlux works fine, and is very simple to install using XAMPP. Install XAMPP, put the TF files on the server, and thats pretty much it.

Simple. And sure it uses a bit of resources, but it isn't too bad.

euitwa
04-02-2007, 09:12 AM
I looked it over and the Ktorrent webui bug that's been crashing my ktorrent is kinda weird...it's basically not seeing my php even though it's there...very bizarre.

Other than that though, ktorrent is VERY nice, so I've basically just been living without the web interface. It supports directory scanning which does provide an alternative for remote loading of torrents, although it seems like most people don't have problems with the webui like I do...very bizarre that I seem to be one of the only people afflicted by this bug.

Anyways I'm gonna install wine and see if utorrent is better/worse than ktorrent. I read a couple of people say ktorrent is better than utorrent+wine, but this webui bug is really quite annoying to me.

EDIT: actually...I'm retesting the webui now, and I'm thinking the crashing might have to do with using Opera with the webui, since it apparently does not play well with the webui.

josephs911
04-02-2007, 01:14 PM
I run Azureus on mine and love it

darkseekers
04-02-2007, 01:25 PM
I run Azureus on mine and love it

azSMRC ..??

TYPE R
04-02-2007, 11:44 PM
can some1 plz help me, all day i've been trying 2 connect on 2 TF, i keep on get this message, but i am still seeding on there

Inactivity Timeout

Description: Too much time has passed without sending any data for
document http://******.leeware.com/html/index.php

fLUx1337
04-02-2007, 11:55 PM

hehe some n00b msg me and said to remove leaseweb from #1 because their support isnt that great, lmao 4get support, they get best speeds lmao
Yeh, I'm proberly a n00b compared to you who seems to have tried 100s of servers! :lol:

But I still stick with what I said

Leaseweb
The Good
Speeds are great
Servers are great quality, and you get alot for your money...
The Bad
Support!! Anything from the network being down at their end, to you forgeting your root password, as soon as you email support, they will try to charge you 50-75euros! Well, except one time for me, but only when the server password I got didnt work....
+ it takes anywhere from 24-72hrs for a reply!

In total, I was without my seedbox for about 1.5weeks last month, and in the end, I just ordered a new one! :whistling

If you aint gonna be logging into ssh much, and will just use the torrentflux/utorrent web interface, leaseweb is decent, but if you wanna use your server for other things - be careful, and hope for the best! :cool:

EDIT: btw, just thought I would mention - I will be staying with leaseweb next month, but I think I may just order a new server and start fresh....lol

StevenVD
04-03-2007, 11:24 AM
Maybe I'm thinking about buying a seedbox but I'm looking for a good deticated server with good speeds and enough transfer etc.. what is the cheapest solution ? :)

Ne'tu
04-03-2007, 11:54 AM
How much money do you want to invest?

Buggyme
04-03-2007, 11:58 AM
Maybe I'm thinking about buying a seedbox but I'm looking for a good deticated server with good speeds and enough transfer etc.. what is the cheapest solution ? :)

Leeware :D Value for money.

StevenVD
04-03-2007, 12:28 PM
60 max :lol:

RTFM
04-03-2007, 12:30 PM
For $60, your best bet is going to www.leeware.com and seeing if you can get a HDD upgrade on one of their packages. You won't find a good true dedicated box for that much a month.

StevenVD
04-03-2007, 12:32 PM
For $60, your best bet is going to www.leeware.com and seeing if you can get a HDD upgrade on one of their packages. You won't find a good true dedicated box for that much a month.

but how are speeds there ? :)

kiosk
04-03-2007, 12:45 PM
I can't fault LeaseWeb at all, even their support. Not once have I been let down by them. Never any mention of them trying to charge me extra, even when my APC card went down and they changed it within 24 hours.

Don't bother trying to contact them over the weekend though as you will get no response, but other than that faultless.

I managed to get an express server with 2000GB bandwidth for 49 euros whn they were doing some special offers, a great deal I think. Check out http://www.webhostingtalk.com/index.php as they do have some great deals come up.

RTFM
04-03-2007, 12:50 PM
For $60, your best bet is going to www.leeware.com (http://www.leeware.com) and seeing if you can get a HDD upgrade on one of their packages. You won't find a good true dedicated box for that much a month.

Well, I just started a download with 35 seeders/95 leechers and I'm downloading and uploading at about 600 kB/s. That's plenty fast for me for $15 a month, and faster then I've ever seen at my house. I've heard people here reach speeds much higher that that, though.

Edit: Current speeds are both around 1.8 MB/s, or 15mbps

darkseekers
04-03-2007, 12:51 PM

Well, I just started a download with 35 seeders/95 leechers and I'm downloading and uploading at about 600 kB/s. That's plenty fast for me for $15 a month, and faster then I've ever seen at my house. I've heard people here reach speeds much higher that that, though.

which client u're using..??

RTFM
04-03-2007, 12:53 PM
uTorrent running though Wine.

darkseekers
04-03-2007, 12:56 PM
using buggyme tutorials.??

RTFM
04-03-2007, 12:57 PM
Yep, worked fine for me except for a few openGL errors which can be ignored.

XeroToX
04-03-2007, 01:49 PM

lets say u download a torrent file with 100 seeders/50 leechers, what the max up/dl speed u will get ? cuz im thinking of purchasing the same package

darkseekers
04-03-2007, 01:52 PM

on which tracker..??

RTFM
04-03-2007, 01:52 PM
It always depends on who is seeding and leeching, and who you are sharing bandwith with. On that torrent, my max was about 2 MB/s both ways. I'm seeding now at around 3.1 MB/s. For the price, it's incredible speed, and can't be beaten.

on which tracker..??

Pisexy

XeroToX
04-03-2007, 02:32 PM
for 15 dollars, its awsome

darkseekers
04-03-2007, 02:34 PM
for 15 dollars, its awsome

:naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty:

RTFM
04-03-2007, 05:51 PM
Just so you know, Leeware IPs have been banned by Bitspyder.

XeroToX
04-03-2007, 11:08 PM
i have aquestion about one of these : http://www.hosting-ie.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=22&Itemid=57

the one with the 17€ and 27€ are 100MBIT ? i realy dont understand this.. its not 10mbit ? how come its that cheep?
if i purchase one of them, whats the max dl/up speed ill get ? (

nemesi54
04-03-2007, 11:22 PM
It says 100MBIT(Master Server)

I think its shared...

QstorM
04-03-2007, 11:25 PM
i have aquestion about one of these : http://www.hosting-ie.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=22&Itemid=57

the one with the 17€ and 27€ are 100MBIT ? i realy dont understand this.. its not 10mbit ? how come its that cheep?

Thats for web hosting. That cannot be used for a seedbox. http://hosting-ie.com/content/view/15/48/#os u can use those for a seedbox.

XeroToX
04-03-2007, 11:26 PM
what do they mean by shared ? im new at this

QstorM thanx for the heads up, someone blow it big time

damn thats too expensive, lets say i purchase from leeware, the one with 15dollars, its 100mbit too ? it does say 100mbit, but someone told me that he can only reach 2mb up only.. why is that ? he sayed its not 100 its 10mb
im very confused, actuly, im getting realy tired from this

joyntkid
04-04-2007, 12:11 AM
leeware might be 100mbit, im not sure, but either way its shared.
i would assume its 100mbit, because i've gotten 5mB/s total up/down for a while and thats too much to be just 10mbit shared, or even 10mbit.

it's very much worth it.

QstorM
04-04-2007, 12:50 AM
what do they mean by shared ? im new at this

QstorM thanx for the heads up, someone blow it big time

damn thats too expensive, lets say i purchase from leeware, the one with 15dollars, its 100mbit too ? it does say 100mbit, but someone told me that he can only reach 2mb up only.. why is that ? he sayed its not 100 its 10mb
im very confused, actuly, im getting realy tired from this

It's hard to get passed 3mb upload on a private tracker because chances are some of the other seeders are using a seedbox or you don't have alot of peers connected to you. To reach 10mbit u will need at least 150+ peers (leechers) connected to u. I took a SS of my 10mbit connection I couldn't believe it :D http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/396/10mbssg5.jpg

10mbit for $15 bucks is a gift. Only drag is downloading the file from the server through a ftp program, never could get more than a 2mbit connection :pinch:

RTFM
04-04-2007, 12:56 AM
Yeah, FTP is very slow, but as the others said, Leeware's speeds are great for the price. I was uploading at 4.5 MB/s earlier today, which is 36mbps. You get a shared 100mbit connection, so if the other's don't use much, you'll have great speeds.

joyntkid
04-04-2007, 01:52 AM
To reach 10mbit u will need at least 150+ peers (leechers) connected to u. I took a SS of my 10mbit connection I couldn't believe it :D http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/396/10mbssg5.jpg

10mbit for $15 bucks is a gift. Only drag is downloading the file from the server through a ftp program, never could get more than a 2mbit connection :pinch:

you mean 10mBYTE.
10mbit is nothing.
lots of people have that on their home connection.

RTFM
04-04-2007, 02:05 AM
People don't have 10mbit up at their home, though.

darkseekers
04-04-2007, 02:10 AM

:yup::yup::yup::yup::yup:

joyntkid
04-04-2007, 02:45 AM

plenty of people have 10mbit at their home.
i can get 7 with just DSL.

with fiber(AT&T and Verizon both offer it now) you can get up to 25mbit.

RTFM
04-04-2007, 02:47 AM
Read again, I said you can't get full 10mbit upload at your house.

The best FiOS package is only 5mbps upload and costs $180/month.

Xaeron
04-04-2007, 09:30 AM
Swedish guys are lucky... ;)

But things are definitely getting better here in Finland, too... now it's affordable to get a 12-24/3Mbps ADSL2+ connection, and in some bigger cities some ISPs are offering 100/100Mbps, 100/10Mbps connections and also some offer 10/10Mbps VDSL2 or that kind connections.

I would do just fine with a 10/10Mbps, waiting for that time.. it won't take many years :)

XeroToX
04-04-2007, 11:20 AM
ohhhh now i get it !
but im gonna share this with another person so the speeds wont be that good..though for 15 bucks its great, but i can spend some more
are there any companies that offer similar deals but with 100mbit not shared ? and what would be the minimum price for that ?
im learning here :D

Leecher101
04-04-2007, 11:43 AM
read the first post 5555. and you're not going to get 100mbit server unshared ANYWHERE for cheap

StevenVD
04-04-2007, 01:01 PM
ohhhh now i get it !
but im gonna share this with another person so the speeds wont be that good..though for 15 bucks its great, but i can spend some more
are there any companies that offer similar deals but with 100mbit not shared ? and what would be the minimum price for that ?

http://www.leaseweb.com/index.php?p=dedicatedexpress

thos are the best servers you can get for a low price :)

XeroToX
04-04-2007, 01:12 PM
ohhhh now i get it !

thanx, but what do they mean by setup fee ? 50€ i have to pay for it and i have to pay for the server itself, so lets say 39 + 50 thats 89€ , so the whole thing will cost 89€ am i right ?

kiosk
04-04-2007, 01:13 PM
89 for the first month then 39 thereafter

nemesi54
04-04-2007, 01:57 PM

They have Datatraffic 500GB for the cheap one....

Datatraffic is measured in each GB of data transfer. If you go over your limit you will be billed a surcharge fee. The line is fully burstable and your site will never slow down. Customers should choose a limit carefully as they may benefit from a lower pay rate. Get the performance of a high-speed connection, while paying only for bandwidth you use.

kiosk
04-04-2007, 02:01 PM
surcharge bandwidth is €0,10 /GB

nemesi54
04-04-2007, 02:25 PM
surcharge bandwidth is €0,10 /GB

Very cheap...Didnt know the price...Thanks kiosk :)

RTFM
04-04-2007, 02:33 PM
It may seem cheap, but it'll add up. 500 GB over, which isn't that much when you have good speeds and the max is only 500 GB, will cost you €50.

kabir
04-04-2007, 04:23 PM
i paid for my subscription for leeware.after that, wot to do nowall i have in my hand is paypal reciept for payment to leeware, nothing from leewar's side

Leecher101
04-04-2007, 04:38 PM
You should be set up in 24 hours or less

kabir
04-04-2007, 04:45 PM
You should be set up in 24 hours or less

thanks

krazie_1
04-04-2007, 09:14 PM
Anyone here using vectoral? Anyone noticed that if you get your server in the middle of the month 10th -15th, your bw total has reset on the first? I was at about 2TB and on the 1st of April it reset and is now at 0 again.

Quintus
04-08-2007, 12:35 PM
Hello all. Is there possible to change or add new announce adress to the torrent you are seeding on torrentflux or other torrent client on linux server?

P.S. If someone want to test vectoral server speed so here we have one new tracker in Poland http://polishtorrents.org/browse.php that have ~40torrents and most of them have only 1 seeder that is vectoral server.

007™
04-08-2007, 01:39 PM
been stickied again :D :D :D

asher78
04-08-2007, 04:29 PM
hi guy,
me and a friend of mine just got a new server from bestofdata, fow now we got to arround 1.8MB/s which is great (and its a windows XP pro edition) for 60$...
i will watch closlly on it to see that i will not reach the 500--700GB a month(you know... i heard that after you reach above this amount your accound will be suspended so...).
i will keep you updated in this one...

RTFM
04-08-2007, 04:48 PM
With those speeds, it'll be hard to not reach 500-700 GB a month. In the last few days, on a box with comparable speeds, I've upped about 230 GB.

joyntkid
04-08-2007, 05:00 PM
i have a bestofdata server, and i've easily transfered over 2TB maybe even 3TB in my first month.
i still have it. i'm into my second month now, will let you know how it goes.

XP Pro? i didn't even know that was an option, or why you would want it.
2003 server web edition is good enough, i might even switch to Fedora and gain 160GB for the same price as windows once i learn it better.

Xaeron
04-08-2007, 07:12 PM
Hmm, I've got a problem with leeware server. Speeds are really low when downloading directly from Leeware VPS server to my home computer.

I've got a 12Mbps ADSL and still I'm only downloading from leeware @ 20-60kB/s.

First I used SFTP, which was as low as now FTP. I installed vsftpd and configured it fine but speeds are this sucky.

This just isn't acceptable, it takes forever to download a >4GB image from there...

does anyone else have this kind of problem?

EDIT:
Found this, http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-bt-dedicated-serverseedbox-post1885203/postcount337
Does anyone know if there is some workaround this?

RTFM
04-08-2007, 07:42 PM
FTP is ungodly slow for me as well. I figured it might be because I was using SFTP, which has to route through SSH, but you installed another ftp daemon and it was still slow, so I'm not sure.

pierow
04-09-2007, 12:33 AM
FTP is ungodly slow for me as well. I figured it might be because I was using SFTP, which has to route through SSH, but you installed another ftp daemon and it was still slow, so I'm not sure.

Try a ftp client that has multi download capabilities, ie Filezilla. So instead of 1 download connection downloading at 50KB, you can have 5 downloading at a total of 250 for example.

DVito
04-09-2007, 01:27 AM
Yeah, thats what I suggest, I can only do about 200kb/s through 1 connection with my lw box. If I put it on 4 connections, it maxes my 4mbit out.

Leecher101
04-09-2007, 07:53 AM
If you have very slow downloads when FTP'ing large *.iso or *.avi files and muti-part downloading doesn't work within your client then here's a way to speed up your downloads using Lxsplit (HJsplit compatible).
Type wget http://www.freebyte.com/download/lxsplit.tar.gz
Type tar xzf lxsplit.tar.gz
Type cd /root/lxsplit-0.1.1
Type make
Type make installYou have now successfully installed Lxsplit. To use lxsplit you cd to the directory your large file is located and split. So if that large file is in root then you would type cd /root in putty. To split the file into 10MB pieces you would issue the follow command lxsplit -s largeassfile.iso 10M. Now just set your max concurrent transfers in your FTP client to something like 20 or more and download all the .001, .002, etc files.

To join the files back together HJSplit (google it) and join the file.

Xaeron
04-09-2007, 06:22 PM
Leecher: That's a nice suggestion. Though it's too much hassle for me to split the files :) So I just downloaded SmartFTP which handles multipart downloading just fine. Haven't tested it on leeware yet, though. Hopefully it speeds things up.

joyntkid
04-09-2007, 09:59 PM
does anyone use rtorrent on their seedbox??
utorrent has been messing up in the webui, and well doesn't run that great thanks to being through wine.
im looking into rtorrent right now and d/ling it.

i'd love it if anyone that uses it could maybe help me out.

pierow
04-09-2007, 10:11 PM
utorrent has been messing up in the webui, and well doesn't run that great thanks to being through wine.

What do you need help with?

Xtremist
04-10-2007, 09:26 AM
Any one with leaseweb seedbox?pls pm me

tomdpass
04-10-2007, 11:52 AM

I use rtorrent under FreeBSD and it works fine, it's easy to setup and easy to use.

A23
04-11-2007, 03:56 AM
This is awesome.. gonna definitely invest in a seedbox.. thanks for the info.. :D

motarocks
04-11-2007, 10:57 AM
Any one with leaseweb seedbox?pls pm me

Posting that will never work unless you specify what you want first.

Xtremist
04-11-2007, 02:40 PM
I need help regarding something.Only thos ewith the leasewb can help me.I dont want acess or anything just have to get my doubts cleared.

phoen|x
04-12-2007, 06:16 PM
I'm in the market for a new seedbox, since Times Network has disappeared. Keyweb and Hosting-IE seems alright, anybody have experience with them? I've read something that Keyweb might shut you down if they find out you are running P2P.

navarca
04-12-2007, 09:26 PM
leeware fuck

Your servers was disconnected due to copyright infringement. I received legal notices regarding your online activities. Per the policies your machine has been disconnected your service has been cancelled and you WILL NOT receive any access to your machine or its contents.

bad service

RTFM
04-12-2007, 09:30 PM
leeware fuck

Your servers was disconnected due to copyright infringement. I received legal notices regarding your online activities. Per the policies your machine has been disconnected your service has been cancelled and you WILL NOT receive any access to your machine or its contents.bad service

How long were you using Leeware for when this happened, and were you using private trackers only with encryption enabled? Also, what was your bandwith usage? More information would be helpful, as there are several Leeware users here.

kabir
04-12-2007, 09:50 PM
leeware fuck

Your servers was disconnected due to copyright infringement. I received legal notices regarding your online activities. Per the policies your machine has been disconnected your service has been cancelled and you WILL NOT receive any access to your machine or its contents.

bad service
:cry: wots going on guys??
a lot of ppl here r using leeware

navarca
04-12-2007, 10:02 PM
leeware fuck

bad service

How long were you using Leeware for when this happened, and were you using private trackers only with encryption enabled? Also, what was your bandwith usage? More information would be helpful, as there are several Leeware users here.

i use leeware in 20 days
i have installed 8 seedbox with azureus web UI+Console+azureus_script (for daemon screen)+java 1.5
encrypt rc4
4 days restart server machine
3 format VPS

we have paid bad service for leew(ater)

leew(ater) fuck your money

Now in the my old VPS Torrentflux b4rt is installed
:frusty:

maxrebo
04-13-2007, 12:09 AM
Well, this is unexpected. I assume Lee got one of the standard form letters from a copyright consortium (Probably MPAA or RIAA) that listed the IP from which the infringing content came. It has absolutely nothing to do with bandwidth usage, enabled or disabled encryption, or the quality of Leeware's hosting.

Though, I agree, it would be useful to know which tracker the copyright holder was watching...

DVito
04-13-2007, 12:56 AM
i use rtorrent, its really easy to use, especially when you set it up with auto watching folders, i just ftp torrents to a folder called watch and it autostarts them

joyntkid
04-13-2007, 02:41 AM
yeah, i finally got everything working.
but when i FTP to it and go to the rtorrent folder, its just empty.
but its not really empty.

TooFastForYa
04-13-2007, 06:28 AM
Someone should do a detailed write-up on getting torrentflux setup at leeware. Might even be worth paying for.

mrgoodkat
04-13-2007, 08:28 AM
Someone should do a detailed write-up on getting torrentflux setup at leeware. Might even be worth paying for.

Leeware is an unmanaged service! So you should be able to figure things out for yourself;)
http://www.howtoforge.com/ubuntu_lamp_torrentflux_vmware
Maybe this will give you an idea how to do it! From step 5
Or take a look @ http://www.torrentflux.com/forum/index.php?board=2.0

Anybody perheps any experience with strato.de?

Rats
04-13-2007, 05:06 PM
navarca, were you using private or public trackers???

007™
04-13-2007, 06:53 PM
http://www.pixelfxsolution.com
http://corenetworks.net/

anyone have these, been hearing great stuff.

RTFM
04-13-2007, 07:39 PM
http://www.pixelfxsolution.com

They look like pretty good offers, CoreNetworks has 1TB bandwith for only $24.95 a month and PixelFX has unmetered transfer on a 100mbps port for only $139, which they say is suitable for 5-9TB a month.

navarca
04-13-2007, 09:40 PM
navarca, were you using private or public trackers???
my tracker is public with 60000 users and 125000 - 130000 peers
2nd seedbox close :cry:

leeware kiss my ass !!! :frusty:

leaseweb the best server!! :thumbsup:

Originally Posted by 007™ http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../synapse_kt8c/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../t-bt-dedicated-serverseedbox-152272-post1911704)
http://www.pixelfxsolution.com (http://www.pixelfxsolution.com/)

can you find a good server from Canada for other users?

007™
04-13-2007, 10:44 PM
best in canada

would probably be

1) NetNation.ca - Hosted in Vancouver, British Columbia.
2) MoxieHosting.com - Hosted in Toronto, Ontario .

RTFM
04-13-2007, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by 007™ http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../synapse_kt8c/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../t-bt-dedicated-serverseedbox-152272-post1911704)
http://www.pixelfxsolution.com (http://www.pixelfxsolution.com/)

Ah, so it was a public tracker. Not the smartest idea, and definitely not very safe.

ifkstab
04-13-2007, 11:17 PM
I use private trackers, but i was still wondering if anyone runs pg on their servers. I always have it on at home. I just have leeware so i was wondering if it could be ran through wine.

navarca
04-13-2007, 11:29 PM

Ah, so it was a public tracker. Not the smartest idea, and definitely not very safe.

nothing is safe in the web :ph34r:

what is the difference between private and public tracker?
p2p=file sharing=freedom and not users limit

@007™
thanks

RTFM
04-13-2007, 11:31 PM

@007™
thanks

I realize that torrenting in itself isn't terribly safe, however I'll take any extra security I can get by using a private tracker, plus better speed and pre's.

Gerico
04-13-2007, 11:34 PM

@007™
thanks

I realize that torrenting in itself isn't terribly safe, however I'll take any extra security I can get by using a private tracker, plus better speed and pre's.

private tracker: logged IP

not very safe...

navarca
04-13-2007, 11:53 PM
@RTM
you can get by using a public tracker,for plus better speed and pre's.

@OT for others
if would you like install azureus web-ui + Console and daemon script, send me MP

GINZY
04-14-2007, 12:36 AM
will buy a seedbox. i need ur advice.i tend to use leeware with utorrent , following the guide by buggyme. IS leeware is a good deal ? some guys have trouble with leeware ? i use for my private tracker to increase the ratio.What others choice except for leeware ? i only afford 20-30$/month for a seedbox .

What step should i follow ? i heard leeware cancelled the seedbox if they know we torrenting .

navarca
04-14-2007, 12:53 AM
will buy a seedbox. i need ur advice.i tend to use leeware with utorrent , following the guide by buggyme. IS leeware is a good deal ? some guys have trouble with leeware ? i use for my private tracker to increase the ratio.What others choice except for leeware ? i only afford 20-30$/month for a seedbox .

What step should i follow ? i heard leeware cancelled the seedbox if they know we torrenting .
http://hosting-ie.com/content/view/27/64/
raptor 5 ;)

DVito
04-14-2007, 12:56 AM
leeware cancels the box if you get a dmca notice. don't use public trackers and you have less of a chance of getting caught (like 5%)

GINZY
04-14-2007, 02:12 AM
leeware cancels the box if you get a dmca notice. don't use public trackers and you have less of a chance of getting caught (like 5%)

all i use is private trackers.How many GB i should download if i don't wanna they notice ?
"Bandwidth 100Mbps Unmetered Shared [1000GB]" include up and down ?

i think leeware is cheapest . Anyone know cheaper one ? I will try this one

DVito
04-14-2007, 02:22 AM
they don't care what you do as long as you don't get a dmca notice. you can use as much bandwidth as you want. (as i've seen so far)

thats just an average. you can get higher than that. theres not anything cheaper than leeware.. i think.

joyntkid
04-14-2007, 06:04 PM
Ok, so I'm getting a new server soon, and was wondering what distro of Linux i should get?
I'm basically just gonna run rTorrent, an FTP server, and occasionally a web browser when needed to login to sites.

Also, does anyone have any experience with auto-upload scripts? PM me if you do.

pierow
04-14-2007, 06:46 PM
1,ubuntu
2.debian

DVito
04-14-2007, 07:03 PM
centos. centos is awesome.

joyntkid
04-14-2007, 09:08 PM
Ok, so i've got an old pc im loading ubuntu on to play around with to get used to.
I'm gonna just get ssh and vnc working and just leave it running hooked to the network and gonna use it like it wasn't in my house to get accustomed to it.

maxrebo
04-15-2007, 01:57 AM
If youre just using rtorrent, you might as well use Ubuntu server + LAMP, and then lynx to browse web pages. Saves much ram and hard drive space.

ElGatoo
04-16-2007, 02:01 AM
what's up with leeware.. Today i saw the leeware's web and i found this :

Bandwidth 100Mbps Unmetered Shared [1000GB]

I send a mail asking the fuckin* meaning of the 1000gb

RTFM
04-16-2007, 03:08 AM
I doubt that's a limit (not if it says unmetered), probably just the expected monthly total.

DVito
04-16-2007, 03:10 AM
You should expect 1000GB.. kinda like guaranteed but higher is possible.

ElGatoo
04-16-2007, 05:46 AM
Thanks, i'll take a box in this week i guess

maxrebo
04-16-2007, 12:24 PM
Somewhere in the TOS, it mentions that the expected monthly limit is 1000-2000GB.

zumma
04-16-2007, 07:36 PM
please help my friends
i want to know some information about if this http://futurehosting.biz (http://futurehosting.biz/) have a good VPS connections or not.

chuckunderwood
04-17-2007, 03:38 PM
whats the cheapest way to go and be able to run windows

Quintus
04-17-2007, 09:15 PM
Meybe help someone in the choose....
Have been using giga-hosting:
dl speed i'm reached ~12MB/s upload ~800kb/s
vectoral:
now using vectoral, dl ~7MB/s upload ~3mb/s (i think you can push much more)

phosita
04-17-2007, 09:15 PM
I know leeware is cheap but it's linux... =/
I like it though... :P

DVito
04-17-2007, 10:50 PM
whats wrong with linux? its awesome.

Ferha
04-18-2007, 05:18 AM
Hello, i am very interested in leeware seedbox and i hope you could anwser my questions.

-Where is the server located?
-How much bandwith does it have?
-What is the speed of upload usually?

cajun
04-18-2007, 10:59 AM
Hello, i am very interested in leeware seedbox and i hope you could anwser my questions.

-Where is the server located?
-How much bandwith does it have?

- Leeware use FDC datacenter in chigago
- Bandwidth is unmetered
- For me, upload speed with leeware is about 1MB (10mbit+) and over...

sperm
04-18-2007, 03:00 PM

- For me, upload speed with leeware is about 1MB (10mbit+) and over...

when i first got my box 5 weeks ago, i was getting upload speeds of 10Mb+, though more recently i have yet to see it go over 2Mb :blink:

i just got this server today from netdirekt for the month as my leeware box broke :D http://neu.netdirekt.de/c/cms/front_content.php?client=1〈=1&idart=132&idcat=33 (http://neu.netdirekt.de/c/cms/front_content.php?client=1&lang=1&idart=132&idcat=33)
its not the best they have, but i'm more intrested in the speeds :)

so far i've hit 5.2MB/s (41Mb/s) downstream :w00t: though i was getting some disk overload error in utorrent :(

upstream i was hitting 1MB/s (8Mb/s) though their was only 3 leeches, so i guess it could be more...

the funniest thing was though when i started the torrent (dvd) their was a leeware box on 45% complete, and he was on 52% when i completed :lol:

GINZY
04-18-2007, 04:04 PM
i like leeware but thier HDD is too small only 20GB
Pls how me others with bigger HDD ? and not too much more exspensive
List some names and i will check them

redMonster
04-18-2007, 05:43 PM
I have a question. I am thinking of getting a leeware. If I rent it today, will I get to use it till 18th May, or will I have to rent it from the start of the next month?

darkseekers
04-18-2007, 05:47 PM
I have a question. I am thinking of getting a leeware. If I rent it today, will I get to use it till 18th May, or will I have to rent it from the start of the next month?

use until 18th may.. :)

joyntkid
04-18-2007, 10:00 PM
You can get a larger HDD. Just ask.

DVito
04-18-2007, 11:02 PM
What does Lee say? What size HD did you get?

joyntkid
04-19-2007, 02:54 AM
I talked to him a while back about a bigger HDD.
He said i could get 100GB.
Just ask.

shadowking
04-19-2007, 02:47 PM
Excuse me for being ignorant, but I have a question. Do I need to keep my computer on as long as I am seeding through my seedbox. Can I just start the seeding on my seedbox and turn off my computer? I want this because I can't keep my PC on for long durations.

NYGiants
04-19-2007, 02:50 PM
Excuse me for being ignorant, but I have a question. Do I need to keep my computer on as long as I am seeding through my seedbox. Can I just start the seeding on my seedbox and turn off my computer? I want this because I can't keep my PC on for long durations.
just load the torrent up on your box and u r good 2 go, u can turn your pc off all u want as the torrent u r seeding is being done on another pc:D

handmouse
04-20-2007, 03:38 PM
I talked to him a while back about a bigger HDD.
He said i could get 100GB.
Just ask.

i asked him for an HDD upgrade and i said :

I have a plan that will be released soon that will allow you to purchase 40GB
of space for $40/month.

joyntkid
04-20-2007, 04:24 PM
O well. That's tough for you.
He probably has gotten alot of business lately and doesn't have much room for everyone to get 100GB.

veto
04-20-2007, 04:35 PM
very usful and thanx so much

XeroToX
04-20-2007, 10:58 PM
im looking for apartner, from isreal (so i can send the money) i need him to pay by paypal for both of us, cuz my parents wont allow their credit card to be onilne... if u dont trust me, and u have the reason not to, i can send the money first (from bank account or by mail + 10 dollars for bieng kind)

007™
04-21-2007, 09:59 PM
Original Post was updated today: 21/04/07

New Section:

Economic and Honourable Mention

w00t

Over 430 Posts and Viewed over 25 000 Times :D
The 5th Most Viewed thread in the BT Section :D

who would have though ;)

RainRoofer
04-22-2007, 01:52 PM
Well, boxes are popular and this thread is start place for noobs and all ppl who are into that stuff.

popopot
04-22-2007, 02:25 PM

New Section:

w00t

who would have though ;)

Well this is an excellent thread. You should get some kind of seedbox icon to go with your trophy one.

007™
04-22-2007, 03:30 PM

New Section:

w00t

who would have though ;)

Well this is an excellent thread. You should get some kind of seedbox icon to go with your trophy one.

WHERE THE FUCK IS MY TROPHY :blink: :blink: :blink:

I know i won but i cant see it :lol:

RTFM
04-22-2007, 03:42 PM

LOL, I see it right next to your name. :P

RTFM
04-22-2007, 03:43 PM

LOL, I see it right next to your name. :P

007™
04-22-2007, 04:00 PM
lol probably error for me cause i CANT SEE :lol:

joyntkid
04-22-2007, 05:15 PM
Has anyone used Giga-International?
I'm looking at getting a new server, and they look pretty good and say they that you get all of your bandwidth, but has anyone actually used them?

cajun
04-22-2007, 06:31 PM
Has anyone used Giga-International?
I'm looking at getting a new server, and they look pretty good and say they that you get all of your bandwidth, but has anyone actually used them?

I test them, bandwidt was very bad...
You can test their speed yourself:
http://www.giga-hosting.biz/30mb-file.rar

joyntkid
04-22-2007, 07:48 PM
I can't test them to the full capacity because my home connection is slow, so pretty much anything maxes it out.

As in bandwidth, do you mean speed or what?
And what do you mean by very bad? #'s please.

cajun
04-22-2007, 08:10 PM
I test them to the full capacity because my home connection is slow, so pretty much anything maxes it out.

As in bandwidth, do you mean speed or what?
And what do you mean by very bad? #'s please.

What I mean is, it΄s like 10mbit connection... I can not push more than 10mbit... But I΄m from finland so I can not say anything how good it is somewhere else but in finland it is very slow...

You can get same or better speed with leeware box :)

joyntkid
04-22-2007, 11:13 PM
I'm calling bullsh** on that.
I talked to someone who got 10mB/s.

And leeware is 20GB, i can get 500GB there.

ElGatoo
04-22-2007, 11:53 PM
somebody with Keyweb?

007™
04-22-2007, 11:56 PM
NEVER EVER do Keyweb

German Feds raid that shit sooo much

DVito
04-22-2007, 11:58 PM
Yep that is very true, there are many people that say Keyweb gets raided often

ElGatoo
04-23-2007, 02:59 AM
oh shit.. keyweb have nice server's :(

cajun
04-23-2007, 09:19 AM
Yes, keyweb servers are good but polices are bad :)
Maybe you like to check FDC or their resellers...
with PCCW line I can push 100mbit anytime I want...
And you can get anysize harddisk you want...

This giga-international is just my opinion, same is with bestofdata. Maybe sometimes I maxed 20mbit....

sperm
04-23-2007, 09:53 AM
did anyone get a corenetworks.net box?

GINZY
04-23-2007, 01:16 PM
did anyone get a corenetworks.net box?

i want to test it but
" All new orders are currently suspended until we receive our next shipment of managed power ports. ETA for opening the ordering system back up is not yet available due to shortage of components at the manufacturing level. We will not be taking pre-orders or reserving spots, all orders are on a first-come first-serve basis. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please check back here for updates on status as we will be updating this page with more information as we receive it."

only 24$95 / month for
» Intel 2.6GHz Processor
» 512MB RAM
» 80GB Hard Drive
» 1,000 GB Transfer
» Remote Power access

bigger HDD , more RAM than leeware . Don't know about the speed

cajun
04-23-2007, 01:36 PM
How about transfer? 1000GB/mont is not much for seedbox... even 10mbit connection can do over 3000gb/month in and out...

ElGatoo
04-23-2007, 05:56 PM
i need 1500gb or 2000gb per month ..

EDIT : somebody knows this company http://www.adiungo.com ?

RTFM
04-24-2007, 12:36 AM
i need 1500gb or 2000gb per month ..

EDIT : somebody knows this company http://www.adiungo.com ?

I've read about it on WHT, heard some pretty bad things about it, especially their support.

Although that's a hell of a deal.

GINZY
04-24-2007, 01:56 AM

V5 or V6 . Anyone try this ? how about the speed ?

Minimum 3 Months Contract==> i wanna know about the speed quality their support before taking 3 months with this . IS it better than my leeware now ?

upGrayde
04-24-2007, 02:17 AM
so how many of you guys are using bestofdata? this place seems like a great deal

is using ubunut difficult to setup?

ElGatoo
04-24-2007, 02:27 AM
so how many of you guys are using bestofdata? this place seems like a great deal

is using ubunut difficult to setup?

i saw a lot of ppl using BOD .. i don't know about speeds..

DVito
04-24-2007, 03:12 AM
when i was bod things were pretty good. i got 30-40mbit on any "good" torrent. i left them because the server was too small.

upGrayde
04-24-2007, 08:02 AM
when i was bod things were pretty good. i got 30-40mbit on any "good" torrent. i left them because the server was too small.

small in what sense?

doda32
04-24-2007, 10:44 AM
Is Giga-International good? Do they have speeds?

DVito
04-24-2007, 12:29 PM

small in what sense?i did more than just torrent, needed more processing power

sc28
04-24-2007, 12:31 PM
someone with leaseweb experince ? are there good speed ?

RTFM
04-24-2007, 01:13 PM

Leaseweb has some of the best bandwith you can get. Expensive, though.

sc28
04-24-2007, 02:29 PM

Leaseweb has some of the best bandwith you can get. Expensive, though.

darkseekers
04-24-2007, 03:47 PM
guys..i need review from besofdata ..ayone using it..??
hows the speed..??
tQ

andra
04-24-2007, 05:07 PM
guys..i need review from besofdata ..ayone using it..??
hows the speed..??
tQ

When i was seeding at torrentbytes and other international sites i did gets speeds like 6-8 MB/s .

But on nordic sites i only get about 3MB/s if theres many leechers. I΄m from sweden and to ftp things from the server is pain in the as. Speeds like 50 kb/s

ElGatoo
04-24-2007, 09:37 PM
if u use a lot of BW they look your content :(

GINZY
04-25-2007, 01:05 AM
if u use a lot of BW they look your content :(

What is their limit ? 3TB ? some BOD users make a review pls

007™
04-25-2007, 02:08 AM
best of data is horrible, its been a while or else i would have showed you all the emails they sent users about them being raided this month, and how people running copyrighted files would be disconnected with no chance of refund, and no possible future purchases and all this crap.

Best of Data's prices are cheap, but they are on an oversold dedibox.fr network and have a high probability that if you do about 5TB a month you are flagged and they check your servers without permission.

GINZY
04-25-2007, 03:03 AM
so leeware still the best choice cause they dont' care if we use torrent . The bad things is the HDD is too small
http://www.gate.com/dedicated-servers/linux-dedicated-servers.htm

what about this ? anyone try ?
My budget is about 50$/month and i looking for a good "leeware " but with bigger HDD

RTFM
04-25-2007, 03:07 AM
Leeware is definitely not the best choice, the speeds are pretty bad. It's only worth it because of the low cost.

If you're looking to spend about $75-100 a month, go with Vectoral.

Want to spend more...get Leaseweb or colocate.

Edit: for $50 a month, you're sorta stuck in no-mans land.

upGrayde
04-25-2007, 05:06 AM
has anyone tried these? ppl have asked this already, but no one answers, just one dude that had a bad experience

these prices seem awesome for the deal, someone please post your experience with this if any

http://hosting-ie.com/content/view/15/48/#os

and in an earlier post, some guy says you can't use these

why not?

THEWHO27
04-25-2007, 05:49 AM
had leeware had all sorts of problems cancelled it after 4 days got vectoral absoultley the best had no probs at all.

dieudesorcs
04-25-2007, 09:38 AM
I've got leeware an i'm more than satsified : i've an average upload between 2 and 3 MB/s and sometimes i've got some speed (and they don't last just one second but i've already have like 5MB/s up during 4 or 5 hours straight):

http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/7379/serverbestpq7.jpg

GINZY
04-25-2007, 11:46 AM
@dieudesorcs : good upload speed. The Seeders/leechers of these torrent ? which trackers ? my average upload speed is not as fast yours.Your HDD is 40 GB right ?maybe i get 40GB hdd

dieudesorcs
04-25-2007, 02:07 PM
for the leech/seed, it's or each torrent, less than 3 seeders (for one torrent, i'm the only seeder) and more thant 40 leechers

It's the cheapest leeware : only 20GB (actually i can use only 16.5 GB to store torrents).
The two biggest torrents (the 6.32GB) are actually the same files seed to two differents tracker ^^ : that the first time it happends : i download it from a first tracker and a few time after that i see it on another traker, so i grab the torrent and it appears that it was the exact same files ^^. So a the begining i was the only seeders on two big torrents with more than 70 leechers each : i had an upload around 5 MB/s during almost ten hours ^^

I think in this print screen the trackers were TL, Revott, Oink and Blackcats-games.

And now my average speeds for the last two week is more like 3MB/s : i love leeware ^^

andra
04-25-2007, 03:22 PM
thats cray i tryed torrentbyte Tl scc and many more trackers i can΄t even make them 1:1 in ratio with my leeware server. Speed like 125Kb/s i normal

Chrys
04-25-2007, 09:11 PM
http://www.adiungo.com

anyone have a seedbox here ? How is the speed if so ?

andra
04-25-2007, 09:53 PM
can i fallow the guide from here "set up utorrent on leeware" To other dedicated servers like vectoral or leasweb if its fedora OS on it?

mano4now
04-26-2007, 04:32 PM
Thx Man ...good post.
very helpfull.

Mano

kabir
04-26-2007, 04:39 PM
andra, yea u can follow dis guide if its fedora os

ronaldinho123
04-26-2007, 06:56 PM
Useful/10.

maxrebo
04-26-2007, 08:42 PM
Just out of curiousity, what are other leeware users using for maximum upload slots total/per torrent?

andra
04-26-2007, 10:24 PM
my old dedibox worked fine fore me.. Maby this is better then leeware with speed in europe? http://www.dedihostplus.com/vps.php

007™
04-26-2007, 11:49 PM
my old dedibox worked fine fore me.. Maby this is better then leeware with speed in europe? http://www.dedihostplus.com/vps.php

beware of dedihostplus, they just resell, so they might even resell a leeware to you :P

maxrebo
04-27-2007, 12:18 AM
By the list of their VPS plans, it looks like they are almost word for word copies of leeware's old plans, which I assume they are reselling.

upGrayde
04-27-2007, 01:07 PM
somebody please let us know what the deal is with hosting-ie

Thats for web hosting. That cannot be used for a seedbox. http://hosting-ie.com/content/view/15/48/#os u can use those for a seedbox.

why can't you use their vps/vds for seedbox?

leeware is a vps/vds and ppl use it as a seedbox

doda32
04-27-2007, 01:43 PM
Anyone with Vectoral or BestofData seedbox guys? I need some help

XeroToX
04-27-2007, 03:21 PM
i see alot of company names that are listed...
is there any seedbox in 50-60 euro ? agood one, there is no way im buying from leeware, i can see lots of threads with leeware problems.. and leeware wont be good for 2 people sharing 1 seedbox

andra
04-27-2007, 03:33 PM
I had a vectoral server and i have uploaded 8 TB with that server on 4 month΄s.

kalpesh
04-27-2007, 03:45 PM
How to get downloaded data form the seed box?

torrentslave
04-27-2007, 03:55 PM
How to get downloaded data form the seed box?

ftp

XeroToX
04-27-2007, 04:25 PM

how is the first one ? can i install it easily ? and whats the setup fee i cant find it

upGrayde
04-27-2007, 06:23 PM
nm haha

Ne'tu
04-27-2007, 09:10 PM

how is the first one ? can i install it easily ? and whats the setup fee i cant find itNo setup fee if you choose Linux. 50 Euros for Windows.

XeroToX
04-27-2007, 10:41 PM
damn thats alot.. i guess ill have to go on linux

iStix
04-28-2007, 02:11 PM

how is the first one ? can i install it easily ? and whats the setup fee i cant find it

Only 500 Gb data traffic. Do you think that's enough?

prima1
04-28-2007, 02:40 PM

Only 500 Gb data traffic. Do you think that's enough?

well if you only seed your precious trackers i think it's enough
of course you should not use it to seed TL, revtt and such

THEWHO27
04-29-2007, 12:57 PM
somebody please let us know what the deal is with hosting-ie

why can't you use their vps/vds for seedbox?

leeware is a vps/vds and ppl use it as a seedbox

can someone let us know anu good ? speed?

josephs911
04-29-2007, 08:14 PM
LeaseWeb has great speeds

THEWHO27
04-29-2007, 08:20 PM
just ordered from hosting-ie raptor 5

does any one know when i will get my details?

Thatsgreat
04-30-2007, 05:12 PM
If I download something with a seedbox. Do I have access to the thing I downloaded or do I just download upload them. So if I download let's say Lost, I can't watch it then after I downloaded it?