PDA

View Full Version : BT Dedicated Server/Seedbox

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

upGrayde
04-30-2007, 05:23 PM
If I download something with a seedbox. Do I have access to the thing I downloaded or do I just download upload them. So if I download let's say Lost, I can't watch it then after I downloaded it?

that's why you use cuteftp, to download or upload whatever from your server

Ne'tu
04-30-2007, 06:11 PM
Yes, it's possible to see it directly on the seedbox. The conditions won't be great at all though.

krazie_1
04-30-2007, 07:15 PM
hosting-ie has gotten alot of complaints. I would highly suggest checking out another company.

DemonicFire
04-30-2007, 11:10 PM
Anyone with Vectoral or BestofData seedbox guys? I need some help

I have a BestofData seedbox. So far, its doing great for me. So far, in the last 2 months, I have almost uploaded 5tb of data, which is from 2 people using the server. Whatever you need help on, I might be able to help you in that section.

GINZY
05-01-2007, 01:08 AM
best of data is horrible, its been a while or else i would have showed you all the emails they sent users about them being raided this month, and how people running copyrighted files would be disconnected with no chance of refund, and no possible future purchases and all this crap.

Best of Data's prices are cheap, but they are on an oversold dedibox.fr network and have a high probability that if you do about 5TB a month you are flagged and they check your servers without permission.

Anyone with Vectoral or BestofData seedbox guys? I need some help

I have a BestofData seedbox. So far, its doing great for me. So far, in the last 2 months, I have almost uploaded 5tb of data, which is from 2 people using the server. Whatever you need help on, I might be able to help you in that section.

reall confusing. I tend to rent a BOD seedbox but ppl say BOD often raid by the police and the BOD will check the server without permission .5TB month inlcude download an upload =being checked ? What about 2TB download and 2 TB upload per month ? :D IF the police after BOD . it's really dangerous.
Is there any similar to BOD ? Dedicated server, big HDD, 100Mbps unmetered is all that i need .
http://www.gate.com/dedicated-servers/
want to try this one? Is there any one Gate user here ?

joyntkid
05-01-2007, 03:19 AM
You aren't going to get a TRUE 100mbps unmetered for under $1000 most likely.
BoD's "unmetered" is shared, just not as shared as say leeware or others.
I have used best of data for the past 2 months and have upped around 4-5TB without really trying hard at all for the second month.

GINZY
05-01-2007, 03:47 AM
BOD speed , upload and download speed? Is it better than leeware ?
i really want to try BOD but afraid of being raid the server , certainly no refund

joyntkid: 4, 5TB upload only ? how much u download ? I wanna know i real limit of BOD ? i don't want to get over the limit and invite them to check what i download

mrgoodkat
05-01-2007, 09:01 AM
Is there anybody perhaps using w3btorrent (http://www.thewulong.com/w3btorrent/) on their seedbox? It is really easy to install with their installer and all you need is an apache server & php4+ running!

Requirements
- Unix-like server
- Apache or lighttpd (haven't tried anything else)
- PHP4+
- Optional: BitTorrent and python

Features
- Torrents continues even when you logout or close browser.
- Simple and light.
- C++ torrent client. (edited Enhanced CTorrent (http://www.rahul.net/dholmes/ctorrent/) version)
- No need of database.
- Simple online installer.
- Online configuration.
- Online log.
- WAP, start/stop torrents from your cellphone.
- Fast Ajax browsing.
- Upload or download torrent files to server with URL or file upload.
- View status, start, stop, delete torrents.
- Single user.
- Browse downloaded files easy.
- Rich archive support, both compress and decompress.
- WGET support. Type a URL and download it, no need to open terminal.

An advantage over uttorrent is that you can download your files through http!

If you've a seedbox and running it could you give some user experience? How you like it and how it compares to utorrent!

joyntkid
05-01-2007, 12:32 PM
BoD is a thousand times better than leeware.
I've had 5mB/s for days at a time.

GINZY
05-01-2007, 04:14 PM
max speed i got with leeware is 8.3MB/s but the average speed is 3-5MB/s but the upload speed is not good.What i really care is that the visit of the police and the BOD checker if i download and upload more than 5TB /month.

blackfog
05-01-2007, 04:54 PM
Any VPS services that doesn't need a subscription system ? my credit card is not international , and so cant subscribe to packages that automatically renew.

I see dedihostplus http://dedihostplus.com/vps.php which can be bought with a single payment ( atleast thats what they say ) .. BTW are they any good ?

007™
05-01-2007, 04:56 PM
Any VPS services that doesn't need a subscription system ? my credit card is not international , and so cant subscribe to packages that automatically renew.

I see dedihostplus http://dedihostplus.com/vps.php which can be bought with a single payment ( atleast thats what they say ) .. BTW are they any good ?

resellers of dedibox

blackfog
05-01-2007, 04:59 PM
Hmm.. but atleast they allow you to get one without subscribing . Are there any other services anybody knows of ?

007™
05-01-2007, 05:16 PM
Hmm.. but atleast they allow you to get one without subscribing . Are there any other services anybody knows of ?

all you have to do is as soon as your sign up cancel subscription and its one month only

blackfog
05-01-2007, 05:38 PM
The problem, is my credit card doesn't allow to pay for subscriptions, only one time payments :(

iStix
05-02-2007, 10:40 AM
Ok, what I wanted to say is that Vectoral servers aren't good enough. I got average 1,1 MB/s upload on torrent which had >300 Leechers and 1 seeder at Oink. With LeeWare I could get almost the same speeds. Are all of those expensive servers are the same, because I'm not happy with Vectoral?

Xaeron
05-02-2007, 10:45 AM
Ok, what I wanted to say is that Vectoral servers aren't good enough. I got average 1,1 MB/s upload on torrent which had >300 Leechers and 1 seeder at Oink. With LeeWare I could get almost the same speeds. Are all of those expensive servers are the same, because I'm not happy with Vectoral?

Then something's wrong at your end, 1,1MB/s is too low for 100Mbps dedicated, period.

Contact Vectoral and ask whether they have some network problems or something.

What I have heard, Vectoral should provide a lot faster speeds.

prima1
05-02-2007, 02:51 PM

This is very good actually, with leeware my average on such torrent is in the 300KB/s!
You are talking about average right? not maximum

kabir
05-02-2007, 02:59 PM
i wud say avg 1mB up on a single torrent is a gud one.

joyntkid
05-02-2007, 03:54 PM
It also may be that that one seeder had a very fast speed and most of the leechers either:

1.Had more of the file than you and you couldn't give it to them.
2.Had slow speed.

iStix
05-02-2007, 09:02 PM

This is very good actually, with leeware my average on such torrent is in the 300KB/s!

Yes it's average. Maximum was 5 Mb/s or so, but I saw some peeps on same torrent with 3,5 Mb/s average speed. :frusty:

THEWHO27
05-03-2007, 06:23 PM
hosting ie ordered on the 29th still have not recived anything yet!!:(:(

upGrayde
05-03-2007, 07:13 PM

same here

i got a response saying that it takes 1 to 2 working days, but since april 30 and may 1st weren't working days, for whatever reason, my server should be up today or tomorrow

i've been waiting almost a week since i purchased it, so far the service is pretty weak, hopefully the box itself will be good

to think, we just got ourselves into a 3 month minimum contract, haha

prima1
05-03-2007, 07:41 PM

Yes it's average. Maximum was 5 Mb/s or so, but I saw some peeps on same torrent with 3,5 Mb/s average speed. :frusty:

I never hit 5MB/s on a single torrent in leeware ever!
My record is 3.7MB/s on OiNK

Those peeps with 3.5MB/s average are the ones with leaseweb :D

007™
05-03-2007, 07:46 PM
New Company I heard about, offers 100Mbit Dedicated Servers with 30-36TB Bandwidth for 200USD or something, ill try and find the URL.

Xaeron
05-03-2007, 08:07 PM
My humble recommendations for Vectoral.

Am doing constantly 7-9MB/s. At the moment 3 torrents running, total upload speed has been averagely ~8MB/s for the past day.

This has been absolutely fantastic compared to Leeware. Of course the price is "a little" bit higher too.

But IMHO I would rather buy a Vectoral server for one month than a Leeware VPS for two or three months.

At the moment they have a couple of nice servers on stock, Dosky and Renacu.
Dosky has only 500GB BW and small HD, but can be enough for somebody. Price isn't too bad.
Renacu is more high end, 2,5TB BW and nicer specs overall.

My 2 cents. :)

PS.
Vectoral's support system is great too. They answer your queries almost instantly (within half an hour almost always) and are extremely polite. And of course, they are very quick to fix things. When problems occur, this is good to know. :)

PPS. I'm not on Vectoral's payroll =)

THEWHO27
05-03-2007, 09:22 PM

same here

i got a response saying that it takes 1 to 2 working days, but since april 30 and may 1st weren't working days, for whatever reason, my server should be up today or tomorrow

i've been waiting almost a week since i purchased it, so far the service is pretty weak, hopefully the box itself will be good

to think, we just got ourselves into a 3 month minimum contract, haha

same ere m8

first i was suppose to have it on tuesday then defo thursday and now tomorrow:noes::noes:

dont look very clever do they:angry:

RTFM
05-04-2007, 02:49 AM
New Company I heard about, offers 100Mbit Dedicated Servers with 30-36TB Bandwidth for 200USD or something, ill try and find the URL.

Are you serious...:O

Damn, hit us up with that URL :P

A23
05-04-2007, 04:51 AM
hey guys,

i need help.. i need some recommendations on a good seedbox that will upload at least 4-8MB/s, the current seedbox i use from hosting-ie is alright, but i hardly get anything above 2MB/s even if i'm one of the first seeders on SCT and BitMeTV.. it averages on 1MB/s upload.. so i'm looking for a better one..

my budget is around £70 (US$140 or €100).. any ideas?

p.s. i forgot to add that it has to be a windows OS..

DVito
05-04-2007, 05:06 AM
oh hell.. you have enough for SoftLayer (one of the nicest!)
softlayer.com they start at $150 look for sales on webhostingtalk.com dedi hosting offers.. they give 10 off.

A23
05-04-2007, 05:21 AM
oh hell.. you have enough for SoftLayer (one of the nicest!)
softlayer.com they start at $150 look for sales on webhostingtalk.com dedi hosting offers.. they give 10 off.

is it windows server 2003?

DVito
05-04-2007, 06:05 AM
i'm pretty sure windows is free with sl, let me check

Yup, windows 2003 standard is free.

Ne'tu
05-04-2007, 07:53 AM
You could easily find a good server on that money. Add about 15 dollars more for Windows OS.

I would recommend this one: http://neu.netdirekt.de/c/cms/front_content.php?client=1&lang=3&idart=135&idcat=33

It's 87 Euros/month if you add 512 MB Ram and Windows. I've had it and it was great.

airsky98
05-04-2007, 08:16 AM
hi all, i'm new here...

i have a few qns to ask

1) if the server get raid, what will happen to the user?
2) which country have the weakest law enforcement on piracy?

sweden? malaysia? hmm....

btw, malaysia recently just tighten up on raiding of pirated discs with 2 cute doggy on loan to them...

3) i'm a linux idiot, which provider can provide me win2k3 OS (i have my own cd key)
my budget is around US$40 the most..

cajun
05-04-2007, 11:53 AM
hi all, i'm new here...

i have a few qns to ask

1) if the server get raid, what will happen to the user?
2) which country have the weakest law enforcement on piracy?

sweden? malaysia? hmm....

btw, malaysia recently just tighten up on raiding of pirated discs with 2 cute doggy on loan to them...

3) i'm a linux idiot, which provider can provide me win2k3 OS (i have my own cd key)
my budget is around US$40 the most..

If your server got raided you just lose your server normally, thats all...
Weakest law are in holland, malaysia, china...
With your budget you should look some vps provider who use win2003...
You probably don΄t get any dedicated server with enough bandwidth for that price with windows...

airsky98
05-04-2007, 12:03 PM
with my budget, i can only get hosting-ie is it? i gone thru a lot of webby posted here till i got blur already.

i'm currently user of a small vps provider call diginode, it's damn slow... running VPS with P3 1.2ghz.. :(

Ne'tu
05-04-2007, 12:34 PM
You can try this one: http://neu.netdirekt.de/c/cms/front_content.php?client=1&lang=3&idart=133&idcat=33

It's 47 Euros with Windows.

airsky98
05-04-2007, 12:42 PM
hmmm, think i will get bestofdata. A bit out of my budget but i will get somewhere to share with me.

anyone hosting there can let me have a trial download speed test?

i'm from singapore therefore... i'm not really sure of the speed to sg..

darkseekers
05-04-2007, 01:29 PM
hmmm, think i will get bestofdata. A bit out of my budget but i will get somewhere to share with me.

want share with me to buy seedbox..??;)
i'm from malaysia btw.:)

airsky98
05-04-2007, 03:22 PM

want share with me to buy seedbox..??;)
i'm from malaysia btw.:)

wah, i don't mind, what which company u getting? as mentioned, i'm an linux idiot... so.... :P

Sa0siN
05-04-2007, 06:39 PM
i want to share a seedbox with someone..if anyone is looknig for someone else to split with, PM me..preferably 2-4 people.

darkseekers
05-04-2007, 06:42 PM
i want to share a seedbox with someone..if anyone is looknig for someone else to split with, PM me..preferably 2-4 people.

which company..?

THEWHO27
05-04-2007, 09:29 PM
just got my details from hosting ie ip,user,pass i am trying to connect trough remote desktop

and it basically says it cant be connected?

os is windows by the way

DVito
05-05-2007, 03:15 AM
something is wrong.. mind telling me which package you ordered with a link though?

airsky98
05-05-2007, 04:15 AM
just got my details from hosting ie ip,user,pass i am trying to connect trough remote desktop

os is windows by the wayu need to ask them to enable remote desktop

btw, i'm want to get a seedbox too, kamiliana gave me a link on vectoral, i'm quite interested but too bad he gonna stay with the server for a 1 mth to a max of 3 mths.

I'm looking for ppl to share with me for long term for at least 3 to 6 months or even more...

i plan to run the host OS with windows and do vmware for the rest of the users who share with me

anyone interested? ( i can do any OS u like , of coz non-x64 version)

The spec below :
SpringAthlon (8 stocked!)

Tower server custom built by VECTORAL!
https://www.vectoral.info/servers/images/amd.gif
AMD Athlon 2000+
1024MB DDR-RAM
1x80GB + 1x40GB 7.2K RPM IDE-HDD (FCFS!)
2000GB bandwidth!
$79.95 (no setup!)

with windows OS = $100 usd (3 ip address available)

so if depend on how many ppl sharing, i decide to give like 256mb ram and 30 to 40gb for each vmware user then share the cost according.... if 2 person, it will be 512 ram and 60gb hdd

TOrrentersOne
05-05-2007, 04:26 AM
Hi lads

need to take some vds

any Ideas how good are those ones?

http://hosting-ie.com/content/view/29/66/

anyone had one?

it says :
"On this package each master server hosts 3 Virtual Dedicated Servers"
looks good to me...

---------------

And those ones?:
http://www.leeware.com/product.html

Webmin VPS 300

Chears

I've just notice http://hosting-ie.com/content/view/28/65/

looks to me like Dedic but it says VDS

anyone knows some about them?

roiko
05-05-2007, 02:29 PM
hey all,
id appreciate some help here,
i am interested in buying a seedbox...
at a decent price of? 20-30$,
i am clueless in linux
was wondering whats the diff between a linux / windows seed box,
paying in credit card..

also whats the monthly bandwidth at leeware?
what speeds do u get there?

could anyone pm me,
and gimme some help here?
id appreciate it
thx

GINZY
05-05-2007, 05:07 PM
best of data is horrible, its been a while or else i would have showed you all the emails they sent users about them being raided this month, and how people running copyrighted files would be disconnected with no chance of refund, and no possible future purchases and all this crap.

Best of Data's prices are cheap, but they are on an oversold dedibox.fr network and have a high probability that if you do about 5TB a month you are flagged and they check your servers without permission.

hey all,
id appreciate some help here,
i am interested in buying a seedbox...
at a decent price of? 20-30$,
i am clueless in linux
was wondering whats the diff between a linux / windows seed box,
paying in credit card..

also whats the monthly bandwidth at leeware?
what speeds do u get there?

could anyone pm me,
and gimme some help here?
id appreciate it
thx

u can go to leeware.com to find da answer about the limit, the info about ur server...

max dl speed i got is 8,3MB - ul speed : 2 or 3mb/s
average dl : 1-3MB/s , ul :500-1,5Mb/s
cons: small HDD, down sometimes can't connect :angry:

darkseekers
05-05-2007, 05:20 PM

os is windows by the wayu need to ask them to enable remote desktop

btw, i'm want to get a seedbox too, kamiliana gave me a link on vectoral, i'm quite interested but too bad he gonna stay with the server for a 1 mth to a max of 3 mths.

I'm looking for ppl to share with me for long term for at least 3 to 6 months or even more...

i plan to run the host OS with windows and do vmware for the rest of the users who share with me

anyone interested? ( i can do any OS u like , of coz non-x64 version)

The spec below :
SpringAthlon (8 stocked!)

AMD Athlon 2000+
1024MB DDR-RAM
2000GB bandwidth!
$79.95 (no setup!)

with windows OS = $100 usd (3 ip address available)

so if depend on how many ppl sharing, i decide to give like 256mb ram and 30 to 40gb for each vmware user then share the cost according.... if 2 person, it will be 512 ram and 60gb hdd

yep...
anyone interested please me or airsky98 ..
:cool:

lafur
05-06-2007, 12:40 AM
Hi, I rented a server on Leeware and i haven't got an e-mail from them. Do they take orders on weekends? Or is it something i need to do after i order a server. i would appreciate if someone could help me, Thx

DVito
05-06-2007, 12:59 AM
it takes time, not instant

RTFM
05-06-2007, 01:37 AM
Hi, I rented a server on Leeware and i haven't got an e-mail from them. Do they take orders on weekends? Or is it something i need to do after i order a server. i would appreciate if someone could help me, Thx

Wait time is usually 24-36 hours. Lee is the only one running it, so you sacrifice some support for lower prices.

lafur
05-06-2007, 01:52 AM
it takes time, not instant

Wait time is usually 24-36 hours. Lee is the only one running it, so you sacrifice some support for lower prices.

Ok i understand, thank you guys for the help

KFlint
05-06-2007, 12:46 PM
edit

upGrayde
05-06-2007, 05:08 PM
Hi,

i'm planning getting a leeware box but i got to admit i'm not a Linux hardcore user, though i know it a little bit. So i'm sure i'll need help at one point.

Anyone made a tutorial of the main steps to configure the thing?
that would be really useful for me

thx!

do a search in the main bittorrent forum

there's a idiotproof tutorial not more than 3 or so pages back

i just got everything running in my hosting-ie box

getting avg of 2megabyte up and 2megabyte down

uploaded 80 gigs in 1 and 1/2 days...good stuff around $40?

007™
05-06-2007, 10:00 PM
NEW CHANGES

Shinjiru is knocked out
New Number 5
New Number 4

DEDICATED SERVERS/SEEDBOXES

The Following are my Top 5 Choices for Best Dedicated Servers.

Number 5: V E C T O R A L (https://www.vectoral.info/)

I personally havent used this company, but i have heard nothing but great things from them. They too offer cheap, reliable servers at competitive prices.

Dedicated Servers (https://www.vectoral.info/servers/servers.php)

Server: 4.5/5
Network: 3.5/5

NUMBER 4:M O X I E H O S T I N G (http://moxiehosting.com)

Moxiehosting understands that customers are unique and therefore they provide true flexibility in a wide range of server options and upgrades with realistic pricing. The Network is never oversold ensuring everyone has the bandwidth when they need it. They offer unmetered bandwidth as well.

Dedicated Servers (http://www.moxiehosting.com/services/ded/)

Network: 4.5/5

Number 3: L A Y E R E D T E C H (http://layeredtech.com/)

Hmm, layered tech one of the best server that i have ever used, i dont think there was a time i didnt max out my speed, with their 100Mbit i could easily reach 11-12 mb/s. They have a great turn around time, i got my server in less than 5, 6 hours.

Dedicated Servers (http://www.layeredtech.com/servers.shtml)

Network: 5/5

Number 2: S O F T L A Y E R (http://www.softlayer.com/)

This is probably one of the best server that i have ever used, Softlayer is the best of the best, nothing more to say, maxed out connections 24/7. Note Softlayer is the most expensive server ive purchased only because i upgraded to a higher bandwidth and network speed. You have got to purchase one to know how amazing their server and network is, the speeds are phenomenal and the service is phenomenal. This is why ScT, FTN, FSC, all Top site uploaders and torrent sites purchase SoftLayer, because your getting what you paid for.

Server: 5/5
Network: 5/5

Number 1: L E A S E W E B (http://www.leaseweb.com/index.php)

This is the best hosting company, why else would torrent sites such as TL and SCT host there. They provide excellent support and excellent dedicated Server service. They have top-notch servers with one of the best network, you will get great speeds no matter what.

Dedicated Servers (http://www.leaseweb.com/index.php?p=dedicated)

Server 5/5
Network 5/5

mrfun1981
05-06-2007, 11:08 PM
Can some1 please point me in to the right direction iv got a budget of around £40-£50 for a seedbox, but im not sure what would be the best value for the money. Plus if at all pos i need to be able to pay via paypal.

Thanks for any help

dieudesorcs
05-08-2007, 09:12 AM
Juste for information, i'm using leeware since april the 17th. I've got the cheapest (20$).

I'm only using it to improve my ratios, so i never download from it to my home, and i only donwload torrent that i think will be good for seeding.

I set it up with the Buggyme Walkthrough.

I'm using it with RevTT, TL, TD, Blackcats-Games and oink.

I usally run between 3 and 5 torrents (mostly of dvdr size, so with trhree torrents my HDD is almost full and there is less seeder on such files than on small files).

I change the torrents twice a day to always have a good upload speed.

Here's my actual stats :
http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/6974/lewwarestatsbx4.jpg

That means an average upload of 150GB a day, so an average upload speed of 1,73MB/s during 21 days (with week ends and days i hadn't any access to the net, so i couldn't change the torrents ^^)

That's only information for people who wants to know what you can do with a leaeware ^^

roiko
05-08-2007, 08:12 PM
hello,
i baught a linux server at leeware.com
and having some problems with it, and found no answers yet :(
if anyone could help me i'd really appreciate it..
i installed everything nececery on the server,
and i can access it using Putty , (thats how i installed everything, using linux commands from a guide).
however,
i can't access my server using VNC VIEWER, and that is my big problem..
i am using TIGHTVNC, and i even tryed others as well..
nothing worked for me
(it worked for a friend of mine )
it asks for my password , but than after a min says
read exact: socket error while writing
or it just doesn't connect and gets stuck or something..
also..
i installed web gui, so i could access the server from the browser , more easily,
but that also doesn't work for me..
(again, its working for my friend)
it asks me for the username and password
and after i insert them,
it writes
loading,
and its stuck like that..
i thought it had to do with my connection
but i called my isp and the phone line support
and i did test, and my internet is fine,(i have a 2.5mb adsl)
so maybe its something else, that isn't defined properly at my end.
if anyone that understands in this type of things
could take the time to help me out figure this out..
i would really really appreciate it..
please contact me at [email protected]
this is very urgent for me..
i am even willing to pay for someone who makes it work for me, cuz i am clueless and i need it fast :(
please help out.
thanks alot,
roy.

joyntkid
05-08-2007, 10:01 PM
FIrst though, probably shouldn't call your ISP when you're having problems with a server to host "shared" things.

If it works for your friend and not you, its gotta be either
A)Your connection or settings are bad
B)An operational error between the keyboard and your chair.

DVito
05-08-2007, 10:25 PM
your computer is messed up, or your connection.

redMonster
05-09-2007, 08:06 AM
Is there free disk space in your leeware box?

rotem1984
05-10-2007, 03:02 PM
i want to buy a seedbox from leeware and i have some questions:
1)how does it upload and download?
2)i want WIN OS but i didnt find in their website an option for win
i have been told to use WINE
can anybody explain me what is it and how to use it?

if some1 can talk with me through the msn i will be very happy
[email protected]
thx

upGrayde
05-10-2007, 03:51 PM
i want to buy a seedbox from leeware and i have some questions:
1)how does it upload and download?
2)i want WIN OS but i didnt find in their website an option for win
i have been told to use WINE
can anybody explain me what is it and how to use it?

if some1 can talk with me through the msn i will be very happy
[email protected]
thx

read up and search for buggyme's utorrent on leeware walkthrough

you crazy little n00b you

TooFastForYa
05-10-2007, 04:13 PM
Anyone have any luck getting out of the 3 month contract at hosting-ie? Had my server for less then 24 hours and I want out. What could really happen if I just stop my subscription though paypal?

maxrebo
05-10-2007, 04:36 PM
Is there a cancellation fee they charge you or something?

Hmm, I guess I should take hosting-ie off my list of where to switch to from leeware.

rotem1984
05-10-2007, 04:39 PM

well i read and i havent found how to install WINE!

KFlint
05-10-2007, 04:41 PM
well rotem, maybe linux isn't for you then ;)

Anyone have any luck getting out of the 3 month contract at hosting-ie? Had my server for less then 24 hours and I want out. What could really happen if I just stop my subscription though paypal?
What is wrong with them, can you tell me please? I was thinking switching with them..:huh:

TooFastForYa
05-10-2007, 05:23 PM
"100% Disk Overload" Network speed seems to be good, but that doesn't do much good if the HD can't write the data.

Eazil
05-10-2007, 05:28 PM

''yum -y install wine'' , this is in the buggyme guide.

maxrebo
05-10-2007, 05:51 PM
"100% Disk Overload" Network speed seems to be good, but that doesn't do much good if the HD can't write the data.
Which package did you have, and what kinds of speeds were you getting?

rotem1984
05-10-2007, 06:10 PM

well he didnt say how to install it:(
any1?

KFlint
05-10-2007, 07:07 PM
rotem, i can't figure what you don't understand in this 1 line procedure

Xaeron
05-10-2007, 07:09 PM
any1?

You kidding me?
type the following in putty when you are connected to your server:
yum -y install wine

it's how you install wine, eh.. :)

NYGiants
05-10-2007, 07:18 PM
man hosting-ie just sucks, way 2 many problems, i gave them up long ago

rotem1984
05-10-2007, 07:26 PM
any1?

You kidding me?
type the following in putty when you are connected to your server:
yum -y install wine

it's how you install wine, eh.. :)
this is it?
and i have win os on the server?
are u sure?
if it is true, y i need the rest of the guide
i can install it the same on my computer

KFlint
05-10-2007, 07:33 PM
edit

rotem1984
05-10-2007, 07:44 PM
In fact, it doesn't install a windows OS, it is an emulator that allows you to run windows apps on linux

------------------------------------------------------------
Hosting question :

What would be the best vps solution available then? (excluding leeware and hosting-ie)
but can i install it,like i do in my computer?

joyntkid
05-10-2007, 10:18 PM
but can i install it,like i do in my computer?

Go here (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-installing-utorrent-leeware-walkthrough-169620) and read that. Tells you everything.

And no, wine is not like Windows OS. It is an emulator that allows you to run some windows programs.
If you just read the tutorial, it tells you step by step what to do.
If you cannot follow that tutorial, like it says in it, you really shouldn't have a server in the first place.

rotem1984
05-10-2007, 10:41 PM
well ok i stuck in the end(paragraph 14)
i entered the password i want and i get this message:
-bash: 55: command not found

upGrayde
05-11-2007, 04:52 AM

don't be an idiot, this happens with every hard drive

if you try to write something on your disk faster than what the speed of the disk is, you're going to get disk overload, read up on utorrent forums, it happens to A LOT of people with very fast speeds...it's the good ol' case of slower guy holds back faster guy

you need to lower your download speed to 1.7 or so megabytes per second, the speed of the hard drive, as with most is 1.5mb/s

so stop giving hosting-ie a bad name because you don't understand this simple fact of hard drives...i've had them for a week now and they're speeds are fantastic, the price is 30 euros, 60gb hard drive, no monthly transfer limit, and free windows os

hosting-ie is good, pretty damn good for the price

only bad thing i have to say is that they took like a week plus to set up the server, but they didn't include those days in my invoice, so it's all good

oh, also, this happens with leeware, as with any

cajun
05-11-2007, 10:00 AM
That is true. I have many serves from different places and everytime I download over 70Mbit I get that error... But anyway, you can push data out as much as you like. I think that depending for your ram...
It use your ram like a buffer... with 1gb ram I don΄t have any problem at all... I really don΄t need to download speed like 70Mbit and upload never give me that error even if I push 100Mbit out... =)
If you have server with good bandwidth then there is less problem...
You can max out your upload connections with 2 torrent so it is not so hard for your hard disk...

Hope you understand my bad english :D

mrfun1981
05-11-2007, 01:13 PM
@ upGrayde (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../members/upgrayde-124977) can you please provide me a link to the package you got as i cant find one for 30 euros. But i can find one on there site for 39 euros. Just wondering if it the same one

shyman
05-11-2007, 01:17 PM
@ upGrayde (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../members/upgrayde-124977) can you please provide me a link to the package you got as i cant find one for 30 euros. But i can find one on there site for 39 euros. Just wondering if it the same one

i think he was talking about raptor5, it's VPS

kiosk
05-11-2007, 01:19 PM
VPS Raptor 5 is €30

mrfun1981
05-11-2007, 02:25 PM
^^ cheers guys found it now....im really thinking of having 1. But iv never had a seed box before

upGrayde
05-11-2007, 03:27 PM
^^ cheers guys found it now....im really thinking of having 1. But iv never had a seed box before

try it out, it's pretty straightforward stuff

just make sure that once it's set up, you ask them to enable remote desktop

and yeah, it's raptor vps5

mrfun1981
05-11-2007, 03:39 PM

Ok cheers,

But been talking to some1 else & they are saying it would be best if i paid the extra to have the cpanel?? do u have it? n do u think its a must or not

TooFastForYa
05-11-2007, 05:40 PM

if you try to write something on your disk faster than what the speed of the disk is, you're going to get disk overload, read up on utorrent forums, it happens to A LOT of people with very fast speeds...it's the good ol' case of slower guy holds back faster guy

you need to lower your download speed to 1.7 or so megabytes per second, the speed of the hard drive, as with most is 1.5mb/s

so stop giving hosting-ie a bad name because you don't understand this simple fact of hard drives...i've had them for a week now and they're speeds are fantastic, the price is 30 euros, 60gb hard drive, no monthly transfer limit, and free windows os

only bad thing i have to say is that they took like a week plus to set up the server, but they didn't include those days in my invoice, so it's all good

I won't stop giving hosting-ie a bad name because first off, I get 100% overload when speeds reach as little as 300k/s.

Also, for anyone that is interested in hosting-ie, read their entire TOS and then see how you feel about the company.

Ok cheers,

But been talking to some1 else & they are saying it would be best if i paid the extra to have the cpanel?? do u have it? n do u think its a must or not

There is no need for cpanel, especially with win2003.

sc28
05-11-2007, 07:48 PM
question about leaseweb
does anyone know what happens when you reach the 500 gb you can use...will the server stop or can you go on download/upload?

mikechrobot
05-11-2007, 07:56 PM
i am looking for someone to share a seedbox with, preferabely from poland, because i'm 14 just got my bank account, don't live in poland, and i didn't recieve my credit card to use with paypal, so i can only do bank transfer, and of course, international costs a lot and country is free. I am prepared to pay up to 30EUR per month
thank you

Ne'tu
05-11-2007, 08:37 PM
question about leaseweb
does anyone know what happens when you reach the 500 gb you can use...will the server stop or can you go on download/upload?You'll pay extra fees for each GB over the limit.

sc28
05-11-2007, 09:07 PM
thank you

question about leaseweb
does anyone know what happens when you reach the 500 gb you can use...will the server stop or can you go on download/upload?You'll pay extra fees for each GB over the limit.

upGrayde
05-11-2007, 11:58 PM

I won't stop giving hosting-ie a bad name because first off, I get 100% overload when speeds reach as little as 300k/s.

Also, for anyone that is interested in hosting-ie, read their entire TOS and then see how you feel about the company.

Ok cheers,

lol @ disk overload with 300kB/s, ok guy, you're pretty insane

what package do you have anyways?

i'm 100% sure you're reliable for all this trouble you've caused on yourself

you sound pretty dumb

TooFastForYa
05-12-2007, 06:48 AM

Ok cheers,

you sound pretty dumb

Here how about a screenshot @ 400k w/ 100% overload.
http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/9813/overloadrm6.jpg

Am I still insane?
And I guess I caused this how?
You sure sound like A grade material, wish I could be like you!

upGrayde
05-12-2007, 03:19 PM

Ok cheers,

you sound pretty dumb

Here how about a screenshot @ 400k w/ 100% overload.
http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/9813/overloadrm6.jpg

Am I still insane?
And I guess I caused this how?
You sure sound like A grade material, wish I could be like you![/QUOTE]

yep you're insane

probably don't even let your hard drive cool down

Omaster
05-12-2007, 03:29 PM
So has anyone tried ie-hosting yet? is it worth the extra 10$?

GINZY
05-12-2007, 05:44 PM
my max is 40$ . Pls recommed me a new seedbox , bigger HDD than leeware 's, unmeteread , allow torrenting

KFlint
05-12-2007, 05:47 PM
@upGrayde

have you tried the "top" command in shell to see the list of your process and memory cpu usage? Maybe there is something else eating your ressources.

007™
05-12-2007, 06:19 PM
this Thread Is About Dedicated Servers Not Virtual Private Servers!!!!!

Stop Talking About It Here!

No More F'n Leeware!!!!!!!!!!

KFlint
05-12-2007, 06:23 PM
and Leeware has suddenly disappeared from the first page :lol:

XeroToX
05-12-2007, 11:57 PM
So has anyone tried ie-hosting yet? is it worth the extra 10$?

yeah i how is ie-hosting ?

roiko
05-13-2007, 09:27 PM
can anyone help me with something regarding a leeware server? i ordered a second ip , and i don't know how to set it up, can anyone help me? pm me, thanks alot

TOrrentersOne
05-14-2007, 02:03 AM

Ok cheers,

You look really stupid m8 :)
I'll advice you to read some about HDD's and especially HDD under VPS's :)
ask them to reduce your speed or go to other Provider with low speed your problem will ends quickly :)))))))

I'll got the RABTOR+ 4 from Hosting-ie.com the best I had for las 1 year.

Processor: 2 x 2.66 Mhz
100 GB Webspace
Never seen before VDS with Dual CPU

Chears

blinx01
05-14-2007, 01:56 PM
Well i took the plunge after reading up on seedboxes on this great forum.
I went with this option;
http://www.leaseweb.com/index.php?p=express1

Now i can log in using REMOTE DESKTOP CONNECTION but im not sure what i need to do to set it up correctly.

What i want to use it for is seeding/downloading torrents. So firstly i need to install Utorrent but im not sure how to. The IE didn't work so...
After i have done that i need to know how to download the torrent.
Then i need to know how to FTP stuff to and from the server.

Any help would be amazing.
Thanks.

KFlint
05-14-2007, 04:35 PM
edit

NewZ
05-14-2007, 08:19 PM
I'm looking to change my seedbox, actually i have leeware and it can be really grwat at some moment but sometimes i can hardly seed more than 300 kBps...

I want to spend around 80 $ a month (US).

I found those plans :

http://www.leaseweb.com/index.php?p=dedicatedexpress (express server 9) ( 2 terabytes, dedicated)

or

http://hosting-ie.com/content/view/29/66/ (vps raptor 2+)

i don't mind having a bandwith limit, but would prefer 3 terabytes

anyone can help me making the best choice plz :)

mMM... leaseweb is good... 2000GB should be enough but if you need 3000gb... that would be like around 10mb unmetered connection( 3300gb ).... i think you are going to pay more for that....

KFlint
05-14-2007, 08:35 PM
yeah, that's what i thought :dabs:

Omaster
05-14-2007, 08:49 PM

I'm planning on getting an IE-Hosting VPS soon (raptor5), I read their entire ToS and have found nothing out of the ordinary, whats wrong with it?

Also, the whole 100% overload thing, did you ever figure out how to get that fixed? How come Leeware doesnt have that problem?

TooFastForYa
05-15-2007, 07:27 AM
No, I haven't had any luck resolving my disk bandwidth issues with Hosting-IE.
Here are some screenshots taken of a program called ATTO Disk Benchmark. If you want you can download it yourself from http://www.short-media.com/download.php?d=108
This first screenshot is of the benchmark ran on my Hosting-IE VPS. The second one is ran on my main system as a comparison.
http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/9906/hostingiejg1.jpg
http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/5674/minell7.jpg

I believe it's safe to say today that most HDs are capable of an average read and write speed of 50MB/s. As you can see from the benchmark ran on my Hosting-IE server I am getting around 6% of what is possible for the HD. I know it's a VPS, but I believe I should be able to get more then 6% of the available throughput.

Xaeron
05-15-2007, 08:31 AM
That's one slow HDD. But yeah, they probably have too much users sharing that one HDD. When ten users use the same HDD, it's no wonder it gets damned slow.

You should tell about your findings to hosting-ie staff and see what they answer.

greken24
05-15-2007, 09:50 AM
im looking for a seedbox. im interrested of dedibox.fr , dediboxinternational.com or bestofdata.com

Has anyone triyed em? is dedibox.fr only for france?
whats the usuall doiwnload and uplaod speed of them?

is dedibox fast as vectoral in upload speed?

plz if somebody knows plz respond.

kind regards greken

dieudesorcs
05-15-2007, 12:02 PM
Just for information, france is not the greatest country for torrent. We have a lot of laws against almost everything (like copy a dvd even for a private copy) means a fine of 700€...

nadeem111as
05-15-2007, 01:54 PM
thanks

norlyn
05-15-2007, 04:37 PM
If you guys have problems with hosting ie disk overload thing

read this http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=5116

i chanced my diskio.write_queue_size to 1000000
not anymore disk overload problem :) (getting about 9megabits/s :) )

TooFastForYa
05-15-2007, 05:21 PM
If you guys have problems with hosting ie disk overload thing

read this http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=5116

i chanced my diskio.write_queue_size to 1000000
not anymore disk overload problem :) (getting about 9megabits/s :) )

That field isn't available in uTorrent 1.6.1 See this for questions about the current disk cache system.
http://www.utorrent.com/faq.php#How_do_I_modify_the_disk_cache_options.3F

So everyone knows, I have messed with all the options for disk cache trying to find something to work with my Hosting-IE VPS. So far I have come up unsuccessful.

That's one slow HDD. But yeah, they probably have too much users sharing that one HDD. When ten users use the same HDD, it's no wonder it gets damned slow.

You should tell about your findings to hosting-ie staff and see what they answer.

I submitted a help desk ticket three days ago, and I am still awaiting reply.

Xaeron
05-15-2007, 05:40 PM
That's some bad customer service from hosting-ie.. 3 days is just too long.

But good to know, they won't have my business ever.

dieudesorcs
05-15-2007, 07:40 PM
Hello everyone,

I'm looking for a seedbox for at least 3 month with 70€ / month.

I had a leeware box for the last month and i uploaded over 4 TB (most of them on TL and RevTT)

Now i would like to seed to some top trackers (ScT, FTN... (i've got accesses)) and so i'm wondering if leeware can do the same there.

for that price i can have:
- 79€ leaseweb : 10mbps unemtered (there is 50 fee setup)
- 70€ : vectoral : 2TB / month (if there some in stock :-( )
- 70€ : giga-international : unlimited traffic on a 100mbps port (but i don't know the real speeds)
- 50€ : Hosting-ie unlimited traffic on a 100mbps port (but i don't know the real speeds) (the 39€ is not available and there is 79 fee setup)
- 4-5 leeware box

So my goal is to upload the most amount possible on top trackers in 3 month
s.
So is any of this server better thant 4 or 5 leeware box or should i have on of these?

Some questions :
- Leaseweb : amount is 10mbps : that's mean i cannot have a bigger bandwith, or that i can, but in one month i can't use more than the volume of a 10mbps?
- giga-internationnal : does anyone knows about there real speed?
- hosting-ie : does anyone knows about there real speed?
- is anyone tried leeware with top tracker? What are the results?

Thanks a lot for all your answers.

Mind-Eracer
05-15-2007, 08:07 PM
I just got acces to a Leaseweb server, And I got the FTP function to work.. and I can log in via VIA remote desktop.. But Once logged in when I try and go onto the web via IE or Mozilla FireFox the pages don't load.. What do I need to do, to open webpages, so I can start Seeding and downloading torrents..:ermm:

007™
05-15-2007, 08:21 PM
I just got acces to a Leaseweb server, And I got the FTP function to work.. and I can log in via VIA remote desktop.. But Once logged in when I try and go onto the web via IE or Mozilla FireFox the pages don't load.. What do I need to do, to open webpages, so I can start Seeding and downloading torrents..:ermm:

what os did you get?

and are you from after-x.net? :lol:

dieudesorcs
05-15-2007, 08:33 PM
And one more question : on a 100mbps (like giga-inter or hosting-ie), is there a minimum (at least 10mbps like Leaseweb) or can it be worst?

Between giga-internationnal and hosting-ie ? which one is better?

XeroToX
05-15-2007, 08:57 PM
http://www.leaseweb.com/index.php?p=dedicatedexpress

the first deal looks good.. 60E for one month and windows OS.. and no setup fee right ?

Ne'tu
05-15-2007, 09:06 PM
Yes, those are new offers.

Looking very good.

DVito
05-15-2007, 09:51 PM
They are good offers, I'll assure you.. I have express 3.

cajun
05-16-2007, 12:24 AM
Look these:
http://www.i3d.net/dedicated-servers-root-servers.php

Good bandwidth, fast hardware and they are fast =) For me it was one hour and server was ready to go :)
I have server 3 with fedora...

Mind-Eracer
05-16-2007, 05:55 AM

what os did you get?

and are you from after-x.net? :lol:

It comes with Windows 2003 Web.... So I'm confused shouldn't it just work? TIA, I really want to get this working.. Sorry, I'm not from after-x.net...

cookiesandcream
05-16-2007, 06:48 AM
What's a cheap server with great service? I really am new to this thing, so I'd like to find a cheaper one first. Also, is this somewhat like an alternative internet of sorts? Can you transfer the files you downloaded from the server to your computer?

KFlint
05-16-2007, 11:55 PM
Hi,

i'm thinking about renting Express Server 9 on leaseweb (59 euro a month)

i wanted to have your opinions on it

it says it comes with linux (centOS distro), it seems good to me, i actually use fedora but i guess there ain't nothing much different.

it has a 2 tera bandwith, which i think is enough for me

1 - can i expect good speed on tracker like sct?
2 - am i really engaged 1 month at a time?
3 - are there any hidden fees?
4 - i guess NL is a safe place to have a seedbox, right?
5 - is it reliable enough to host some websites on it? (i would absolutely not host anything on my leeware box ;))

thx :)

DVito
05-17-2007, 02:09 AM
1. yes, you can max the port
2. ?
3. no
4. sure
5. yes..

KFlint
05-17-2007, 02:17 AM
thx man!

for the second question, altough i see that billing in every month, i just wanted to make sure that there isn't a catch of 3 months minimum or something like that hidden somewhere, i want to be able to cancel easily i want to.

also i see that the express server 9 come with 512 megs of RAM

do you think that's enough memory to seed multiple torrents (like 10 maybe) in utorrent?

DVito
05-17-2007, 02:23 AM
disk cache might be an issue, i think by following searchable instructions you can get it good.

i'm seeding 45 torrents on mine, using about 20MB ram right now. look at the pic, i know you won't be let down ;)

http://i15.tinypic.com/4zkxgea.png

KFlint
05-17-2007, 02:25 AM
damn that is good :D

darkseekers
05-17-2007, 05:51 AM
Please be advised service on this account has been terminated
http://www.leeware.com/customer.html (http://www.leeware.com/customer.html)

...Hosting and distributing illegal content....

I've spent a sizable portion of my day trying to get this resolved

Omaster
05-17-2007, 05:57 AM
disk cache might be an issue, i think by following searchable instructions you can get it good.

i'm seeding 45 torrents on mine, using about 20MB ram right now. look at the pic, i know you won't be let down ;)

http://i15.tinypic.com/4zkxgea.png

Which host is that on?

Please be advised service on this account has been terminated
http://www.leeware.com/customer.html (http://www.leeware.com/customer.html)

...Hosting and distributing illegal content....

I've spent a sizable portion of my day trying to get this resolved

Wow, thats quite surprising considering the amount of customers Lee gets from torrent users. Could you give us some more details please? how much bandwidth were you using and so on.

upGrayde
05-17-2007, 09:00 AM
back to that disk overloaded error

in case you guys are still experience this, just go to the advanced > disk cache settings

tick the "override automatic cache size" and change to something above 600MB or so, you need a good amount of memory though

i'm running it 700MB with 1gb actual ram and capped the dl speed at 3000mBytes

working fine

KFlint
05-17-2007, 11:20 AM
@kamiliana (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../members/kamiliana-147522)
have you at least turn on encryption?

darkseekers
05-17-2007, 11:30 AM
@kamiliana (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../members/kamiliana-147522)
have you at least turn on encryption?

u mean in uttorent..??
if that, yes...i turn on..

KFlint
05-17-2007, 01:51 PM
edit

darkseekers
05-17-2007, 01:55 PM
that's strange, anyway this hosting s*cks, i'm changing at the end of the month

yep..
dediboxes also..
cauze i heard many acct has been suspended this week bcoz of the same reason..
btw...

SpringAthlon (12 stocked!)

AMD Athlon 2000+
1024MB DDR-RAM
3000GB bandwidth!
$89.95 (no setup!)

:)

KFlint
05-17-2007, 02:03 PM
this server looks great!

where is their data center, england or us?

darkseekers
05-17-2007, 02:09 PM
.eu

DemonicFire
05-17-2007, 06:22 PM
Are the vectoral charges on there servers charged at the end of each month or at the beginning?

XeroToX
05-17-2007, 08:22 PM
anyone else got hosting IE ? im planning to buy one in acouple of days

Jeffrey903
05-17-2007, 08:26 PM

I signed up for hosting-ie 3 days ago and my server still has not been setup. Their website says it will take 1-2 business days. I contacted them asking how long it will take right after purchasing, and they again said 1-2 business days, and then at the end of the 2nd day (last night), I contacted them again asking when it would be setup and have not heard back yet.

I would not recommend them yet, but I am only basing that off of the above information. I had heard that a lot of the websites that "allow" torrenting take a long time to get the servers setup.

Just to add, I got a VPS account, not a dedicated server, so I would have thought that they would have had the account setup by now, but it still has not.

Edit - I just received a reply from hosting IE saying that they are working hard to build servers and fulfill orders, in addition to today being some sort of holiday in their country. They also said "Sorry again, and as sun your server will be ready to go we will send you the welcome eMail with all access details.". I'm not completely sure what that means ("as sun"). Does that mean that it will be ready tomorrow, or does it mean something else?

RTFM
05-17-2007, 09:01 PM
Are the vectoral charges on there servers charged at the end of each month or at the beginning?

I have not done business with Vectoral, but I am almost positive that it charges at the beginning of the month, like all other providers.

Xaeron
05-17-2007, 09:05 PM

I have not done business with Vectoral, but I am almost positive that it charges at the beginning of the month, like all other providers.

No it doesn't.

If you rent a server on the 17th of month, you will be billed on the 17th of each month.

XeroToX
05-17-2007, 09:14 PM

I signed up for hosting-ie 3 days ago and my server still has not been setup. Their website says it will take 1-2 business days. I contacted them asking how long it will take right after purchasing, and they again said 1-2 business days, and then at the end of the 2nd day (last night), I contacted them again asking when it would be setup and have not heard back yet.

I would not recommend them yet, but I am only basing that off of the above information. I had heard that a lot of the websites that "allow" torrenting take a long time to get the servers setup.

Just to add, I got a VPS account, not a dedicated server, so I would have thought that they would have had the account setup by now, but it still has not.

Edit - I just received a reply from hosting IE saying that they are working hard to build servers and fulfill orders, in addition to today being some sort of holiday in their country. They also said "Sorry again, and as sun your server will be ready to go we will send you the welcome eMail with all access details.". I'm not completely sure what that means ("as sun"). Does that mean that it will be ready tomorrow, or does it mean something else?

hehe i guess they meant as "soon" or, the sun that will shine in the morning or i dont know.. damn thats not agood news
anyway man, plz be in touch (via pm or here) and give me avery small review about it, speeds and etc...
thanx alot

upGrayde
05-17-2007, 10:09 PM

hehe i guess they meant as "soon" or, the sun that will shine in the morning or i dont know.. damn thats not agood news
anyway man, plz be in touch (via pm or here) and give me avery small review about it, speeds and etc...
thanx alot

well, right now i'm downloading the 300 dvdr r5 from sct at 1.5mbytes/sec and uploading it at 8mbytes/sec, good stuff

XeroToX
05-17-2007, 10:19 PM
thanx alot

well, right now i'm downloading the 300 dvdr r5 from sct at 1.5mbytes/sec and uploading it at 8mbytes/sec, good stuff

holy shit.. thats great
ordering right now, CHEERS

showbox
05-17-2007, 10:47 PM
thanx alot

which one of this Raptors ... do u use ????
http://hosting-ie.com/content/view/27/64/

upGrayde
05-17-2007, 11:10 PM

which one of this Raptors ... do u use ????
http://hosting-ie.com/content/view/27/64/

the one for 30 euros

you guys gotta keep in mind that you're gonna run into that disk overloaded message if you try to dl above 1.5mbytes/sec, i still haven't arrived at a solution

nevertheless, i don't mind dling at 1.5mbytes since the upload speed is not affected, and you still the reach the max you can get

also, be patient after ordering, they take about a week or so

XeroToX
05-17-2007, 11:26 PM
wow aweek ? they say 1-2 days...
and i dont care that much about that download speed 1.5 is ok, i care more about the upload speed witch is great

ryopousar
05-18-2007, 05:51 AM
I wish I had a job; seedboxes sound so tempting, but they are rather expensive. Still, one day.

XeroToX
05-18-2007, 10:07 AM
I wish I had a job; seedboxes sound so tempting, but they are rather expensive. Still, one day.

hehe get leeware in 20 bucks

balbaid
05-18-2007, 01:28 PM
vectoral.info has a few servers available

AMD Athlon 2000+
1024MB DDR-RAM
3000GB bandwidth!
$89.95 (no setup!

I think it's great. You can do 10MBps on them ( I had one shared with a few ppl )

KFlint
05-18-2007, 01:30 PM
is vectoral as safe as leaseweb for P2P ?

balbaid
05-18-2007, 01:54 PM
I think so, I upped about 250 gb in 2 days and they haven't said a word. ( avg speed 4.5 MBps )

r77
05-18-2007, 02:06 PM

AMD Athlon 2000+
1024MB DDR-RAM
3000GB bandwidth!
$89.95 (no setup!I think it's great. You can do 10MBps on them ( I had one shared with a few ppl )
what means FCFS? :ermm:

Xaeron
05-18-2007, 02:11 PM

I think it's great. You can do 10MBps on them ( I had one shared with a few ppl )
what means FCFS? :ermm:

First Come, First Served.

darkseekers
05-18-2007, 03:15 PM
guys..how do we monitor our bandwith on leaseweb..?

asher78
05-18-2007, 03:44 PM
bestofdata Sucks(a dedibox reseller)...
i opened an acount 1.5 month ago and my triffic was something like 2.5 - 3 TB
testerday i noticed that my server is down so i tried to get it up using their Cpanel... i noticed that my server was removed from the server list so i send an email to them and they just said that the accound as been suspended
they did not even send a warning ... they just closed it...
anyway i am looking for a another dedicated server now ... (i was thinking maybe vectoral.info or zipservers.com)
i will let you know once i setup the server....

Omaster
05-18-2007, 03:44 PM

vnstats -m

darkseekers
05-18-2007, 03:57 PM

vnstats -m

[root@hosted-by ~]# vnstats -m
bash: vnstats: command not found

Omaster
05-18-2007, 04:02 PM
weird, that was the command on the leaseweb I had access to. I guess you gotta install it.

darkseekers
05-18-2007, 04:08 PM
weird, that was the command on the leaseweb I had access to. I guess you gotta install it.

install what..?

Omaster
05-18-2007, 04:09 PM

install what..?

vnstats obviously. ;)

darkseekers
05-18-2007, 04:11 PM
install what..?

vnstats obviously. ;)

btw..did u know how to install font on wine...
using centos here..

Omaster
05-18-2007, 04:50 PM
Uhh nope, afraid not bud, never had to do that one.

kabir
05-18-2007, 08:35 PM
@ kamiliana, check dis out
http://corefonts.sourceforge.net/
hope it helps u

KFlint
05-19-2007, 02:37 AM
hi,

do you think the express server 9 of leaseweb (with 512 megs of RAM and CentOS) is good enough to get great speeds?

i didn't want to pay the extra 20 Euro to have 1 Gig of Ram on other plans so i decided to try this one.

just hoping that 512 megs will be ok...:ermm:

darkseekers
05-19-2007, 02:46 AM
hi,

do you think the express server 9 of leaseweb (with 512 megs of RAM and CentOS) is good enough to get great speeds?

i didn't want to pay the extra 20 Euro to have 1 Gig of Ram on other plans so i decided to try this one.

just hoping that 512 megs will be ok...:ermm:

yeP...u won't regret...trust me...:naughty:

KFlint
05-19-2007, 02:59 AM
great :D

darkseekers
05-19-2007, 03:34 AM
vnstats -m

dude..
what does 'estimated' mean ?

pierow
05-19-2007, 04:40 AM
That's how much your estimated to use that month.

DVito
05-19-2007, 04:50 AM
its called vnstat

sooti
05-19-2007, 12:02 PM
i don't know why everyone hates hosting-ie, i have a VPS there and got it for 45 euro including install (35 after that), with windows (enterprise edition), and the speeds are great, i get 10 sometimes 11mb/s using multiple torrents....

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/4338/hostingieqy1.th.jpg (http://img247.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hostingieqy1.jpg)

but i do agree that the service is bad, i had problems with speed with my old server i had with them and it took them 2 weeks to fix it, and installation takes time... but for 35euro thats a great deal, leeware sucks, it used to get to 6mb/s, then it went down to 500kb/s and lee said thats my problem, so i left...

showbox
05-19-2007, 12:08 PM
SooTI , u too have " Raptor5 " ????? or wat

XeroToX
05-19-2007, 12:23 PM
i don't know why everyone hates hosting-ie, i have a VPS there and got it for 45 euro including install (35 after that), with windows (enterprise edition), and the speeds are great, i get 10 sometimes 11mb/s using multiple torrents....

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/4338/hostingieqy1.th.jpg (http://img247.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hostingieqy1.jpg)

but i do agree that the service is bad, i had problems with speed with my old server i had with them and it took them 2 weeks to fix it, and installation takes time... but for 35euro thats a great deal, leeware sucks, it used to get to 6mb/s, then it went down to 500kb/s and lee said thats my problem, so i left...

how long did it take them to install it ? we ordered one yestarday and still didnt get any email from them

Ne'tu
05-19-2007, 07:01 PM
Don't expect to get the machines done during the weekend, that's a general rule.

TooFastForYa
05-19-2007, 07:04 PM

Can you do me a favor and download this program:
http://www.passmark.com/download/pt_download.htm
Then run the disk test and post a screenshot.
I'm curious to see what other hosting-ie customers are getting.
Here is mine, and I'm having a lot of disk cache problems:
http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/4881/perfresci0.gif
Thanks

BLaZiN
05-19-2007, 07:09 PM
http://directspace.net/ ..........has anybody had experience with this company, if so can they give me a mini review plz cos im thinkin bout using them :D

ibnahmed
05-19-2007, 07:14 PM
price seems wonderful, but lets see if someone has tried it. i can have one too (are u asking for an invite mate?!!) :D

DEmEX
05-20-2007, 01:18 AM
I need one......
I need pay.....

import_fighter
05-20-2007, 01:29 AM
any other leeware users gotten disabled?

KFlint
05-20-2007, 01:33 AM
I need one......
I need pay.....

very clear post, congratulations... ;)

XeroToX
05-21-2007, 08:35 PM
Hosting IE gives avery slow serivce.. we ordered aseedbox on friday and still didnt get any confirmation/update mail..
cunts

Jeffrey903
05-21-2007, 09:19 PM
I ordered a VPS from hosting IE last Monday (7 days ago) and still have not gotten my server. Hopefully I will get it soon.

XeroToX
05-21-2007, 09:38 PM
I ordered a VPS from hosting IE last Monday (7 days ago) and still have not gotten my server. Hopefully I will get it soon.

what the fuck.. thats too long
usually it takes two or three days top.. this is bad

sooti
05-21-2007, 10:26 PM
i got mine after 3 days, and it works great, there service sucks, but the server is great, and i get very good sppeeds, i have the server for less the 3 days and uploaded almost 500GB :-D, i got the 35euro one, with 10 euro installation fee... libra3 i think... i don't remember

upGrayde
05-22-2007, 12:01 AM
lol

getnerdy
05-22-2007, 04:06 AM
I have just purchased a dedicated server from vectoral. You could say I am a virgen when it comes to using a server. I thought I had it under control. My n00b question is, do I receive an email from vectoral when my server is ready? In my profile section it still says it is pending. Is there something I am missing?

Thanks for the help,

Getnerdy:naughty:

andra
05-22-2007, 04:28 AM
just wait. You will get a mai.....

DVito
05-22-2007, 04:32 AM
yes, you will get a mail with how to connect once it is setup. they are not instant.

Pirdipitsoulas
05-22-2007, 06:02 PM
I've got a good connection at home and have installed torreflux on my home FreeBSD server.
Soon i'll be getting a dedi.. Thinking of dedibox.fr..
just wanna seed about 1-2TB a month. What do you guys think/suggest?

andra
05-22-2007, 06:45 PM
I dont like dedibox and there resellers. I looked at the first page on bestofdata and it say 3dedibox in stock. So i hurry up and aded 80dollar to my account and when i try to order it says sorry no dedibox in stock. This is 3weeks ago now. No maney back or new servers .

:shutup:

gossard25
05-23-2007, 09:32 AM
http://directspace.net/ ..........has anybody had experience with this company, if so can they give me a mini review plz cos im thinkin bout using them :D

Tried it its crap and I am not able to get a refund out of them its slower then leeware I did a speed test I got 1.5mbps down and 300KBps and they call it 100/100

import_fighter
05-24-2007, 01:02 AM
price wise whats the next best to leeware?

with better speeds/service.

maxrebo
05-24-2007, 01:10 AM
From what I hear, Hosting-IE is the next step up as far as speeds go. You can expect service and support to be much slower though.

Not sure if you might have better luck going straight to Keyweb instead of Hosting-IE, who resells them.

import_fighter
05-24-2007, 01:22 AM
they do have a nice selection. and some of the screens someone posted a couple of pages back have great speeds.

greken24
05-24-2007, 03:32 PM
is keyweb a nice choie? i have ordered one and im very excited... should i be?

i heard its very risky to use torrents on keyweb.

SgtMajor
05-24-2007, 03:34 PM
I got a Leaseweb server, I can log in via RDC, but then IE on the Leaseweb server won't connect to the internet so I can't get to the firefox or utorrent websites etc.

Am I missing something??

tx

TooFastForYa
05-24-2007, 03:40 PM

Let us know how long it takes to get setup, and if you submit a help desk ticket how long it takes for a response.

I got a Leaseweb server, I can log in via RDC, but then IE on the Leaseweb server won't connect to the internet so I can't get to the firefox or utorrent websites etc.

Am I missing something??

tx

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-set-up-leaseweb-seedbox-183000/?highlight=leaseweb

That should answer your question.

showbox
05-24-2007, 03:45 PM

yep ma8 ..... TorrenTing isn't allowed on Keyweb servers :( and maybe they close ur account without any warning :yup: tell us wat will happen with u ??:)

SgtMajor
05-24-2007, 04:50 PM

Am I missing something??

tx

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-set-up-leaseweb-seedbox-183000/?highlight=leaseweb

That should answer your question.

It did, many thanks, now to use it to its full potential ;)

TOrrentersOne
05-24-2007, 11:21 PM

:) yeah
Sins January 2007
1 Illegal MP3 = 5 Years in Prison

New German Low, and Keyweb follows it as the Company is based in German

Chears

XeroToX
05-24-2007, 11:33 PM
still waiting for Hosting IE
jesus how long

upGrayde
05-24-2007, 11:42 PM
jesus how long

how long have you been waiting for?

not inluding weekend days, those aren't business days

and be honest

XeroToX
05-24-2007, 11:49 PM
jesus how long

how long have you been waiting for?

not inluding weekend days, those aren't business days

and be honest

6 days

Jeffrey903
05-25-2007, 03:37 AM
I got my seedbox yesterday from Hosting-IE (after 8 days) and I have everything setup (uTorrent and Filezilla server with SSL), and I love it. Let's just hope I go unnoticed. I got the VPS Raptor 3. Also, I feel really stupid about this, but the 30GB harddrive came installed but not formatted and it took me a while to realize that, just a heads up for other people (it also came with a 10GB partition that Windows was installed on, which has a decent amount of free space for files).

import_fighter
05-25-2007, 04:35 AM
what kinda speeds you getting?

gossard25
05-25-2007, 06:15 AM
Anybody using vectoral and how long does it take for them to set it up, its been 24hrs so far. How are the speeds?

Xaeron
05-25-2007, 10:52 AM
Anybody using vectoral and how long does it take for them to set it up, its been 24hrs so far. How are the speeds?

24-96 hours. Speeds are as good as could be.

upGrayde
05-25-2007, 12:07 PM
anyone ever experience this situation

you're uploading (seeding) 1 torrent at a really fast speed, but when you seed another torrent or 2 (total of 3) the speeds come to a crawl

let's just say it's not because the 3 torrents are sharing the max upload speed

what else could be the problem?

Jeffrey903
05-25-2007, 12:19 PM
what kinda speeds you getting?
I've seen both the upload and download hit about 3.3MBps (26.4Mbps), and it's usually about 2.5MBps - 3MBps (20 - 24Mbps), which is great for me. I have FIOS at home and get 20Mbps down and 5Mbps up, which is really good, but this is better. It's not as fast as I've seen other providers (like Leaseweb), but for ~$32/month, this is great.

ilya28071992
05-26-2007, 05:55 PM
I saw at IE-HOSTING that they are selling this VPS... and i ws wondering what are the differences between VPS and Dedicated server cuz the dedicated is sold at a much higher price than the VPS...

also how much space in the HD of VPS?

heyhula28
05-26-2007, 06:49 PM
I can not enter my server,because explorer can not display webpage.why?help me please.
I bought from dedihostplus

showbox
05-26-2007, 07:07 PM
mate , do u use their VPS or Dserver ????? and how much speed do u get as usuall' ????

heyhula28
05-26-2007, 07:12 PM
it is vps server,I use 2-3 mb.I saw max 4.5 mb.help me.why can I not enter my vps server?

showbox
05-26-2007, 07:15 PM
thnx for this INFO ..... hope any1 can help u :)

upGrayde
05-27-2007, 03:35 AM
i'm asking you guys with seedboxes and windows server a favor

can you post the technical specs of your seedbox, and can you post screenshots of the utorrent settings

i need to know how you guys are setting shit up, i don't think i'm properly setting up things now

come on and reply haha

nofx210
05-27-2007, 03:51 AM

Setup was fast, mine was up and running the same afternoon I ordered. As for speeds, I wasnt impressed. I never saw anything more than 4MB/sec. So after a month I cancelled. I get better speeds on my shared box

Leecher101
05-27-2007, 10:16 AM
i'm asking you guys with seedboxes and windows server a favor

can you post the technical specs of your seedbox, and can you post screenshots of the utorrent settings

i need to know how you guys are setting shit up, i don't think i'm properly setting up things now

come on and reply haha

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-bt-dedicated-serverseedbox-post1981279/postcount581
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-bt-dedicated-serverseedbox-post1983079/postcount594
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-bt-dedicated-serverseedbox-post1984277/postcount596

I took screenshots and everything and was going to try and help you, until I remember your openly flaming of TooFastForYa. Seems you already know everything. Guess I will stop here.

Setup was fast, mine was up and running the same afternoon I ordered. As for speeds, I wasnt impressed. I never saw anything more than 4MB/sec. So after a month I cancelled. I get better speeds on my shared box

You are the ONLY person I have heard of having speed problems with Vectoral. I'm not saying you are lieing, but everyone and I mean EVERYONE I talk to can max out the 100mbit up and down at any given time (if there are enough leechers of course).

Maybe you got a borked server install or something, but vectoral and leaseweb are simply the best dedicated companies around for torrents.

mievmo
05-27-2007, 10:16 AM
How To order - http://dediboxinternational.com/

sooti
05-27-2007, 10:33 AM
ya, hosting-ie is quite good, to those who asked about download speed, right now i am hitting 9MB/s, and upload on average with 5-10 torrents is between 6-9MB/s, depending on the amount of leechers and there location... the thing is when you download at high speeds as 6mb/s and higher your upload goes slow because of the drive being quite overloaded, so you get the good upload speeds after the download is done, and you have to setup the Utorrent under cache settings to have 512MB of ram, and that should solve the overload problems... i have uploaded over 700GB so far and i barley have it a week... mine took about 3-4 days to setup so i don't know why some people it took more, but i know there support sucks, so when you do get the server try not to install more then firefox and utorrent or you may mess it up and wait days for a reply from support, thats what hapen with my old server from hosting-ie...

p.s. another note
since it's VPS, you get a shared server with other people, and a shared connection, so you may split the speed, maybe im on a server with people who don't use alot of upload speed, so i get good speeds, some of you may get a VPS with other people that use it as a seedbox and therefore you may get slower speeds...

upGrayde
05-27-2007, 05:36 PM
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-bt-dedicated-serverseedbox-post1981279/postcount581
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-bt-dedicated-serverseedbox-post1983079/postcount594
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-bt-dedicated-serverseedbox-post1984277/postcount596

I took screenshots and everything and was going to try and help you, until I remember your openly flaming of TooFastForYa. Seems you already know everything. Guess I will stop here.

good job

nofx210
05-28-2007, 04:50 AM

Maybe you got a borked server install or something, but vectoral and leaseweb are simply the best dedicated companies around for torrents.

Maybe... The hardware was better than my other one but like I said I wasnt impressed. ftp speeds were decent for 1 thread for being across the pond but for some reason bt was lacking even with multiple torrents

ilya28071992
05-28-2007, 04:23 PM
On the VPS Raptor 2 from Hosting-IE that i am going to buy it says it has 25.000 wes space...

What does that mean? that it has 25GB HD?

Ferha
05-28-2007, 04:52 PM
Yes, maybe few MB less :)

dieudesorcs
05-29-2007, 11:48 AM
There is a few vectoral server in stock. If you want them hurry, they won't last lon ^^

naq
05-29-2007, 02:39 PM
There is a few vectoral server in stock. If you want them hurry, they won't last lon ^^

That Silkwire server is very tempting. Specs are almost identical to my own computer. :)

lovewalrus
05-29-2007, 04:06 PM
OK, I'm ordering a Vectoral server. And I have a couple of questions about OS and control panel etc...

Is it easy to setup utorrent on fedora??? I've done it on leeware before no probs...

kabir
05-29-2007, 04:50 PM
OK, I'm ordering a Vectoral server. And I have a couple of questions about OS and control panel etc...

Is it easy to setup utorrent on fedora??? I've done it on leeware before no probs...

leeware also has fedora os.
so u can install exactly the way u did at leeware

lovewalrus
05-29-2007, 06:09 PM
So I can login with Putty/SSH ???

kabir
05-29-2007, 06:21 PM
yes u can..

MrVictorRivers
05-30-2007, 06:29 AM
a lil off topic...anyone know how to run speed test on linux seedbox?

kabir
05-30-2007, 07:22 AM
a lil off topic...anyone know how to run speed test on linux seedbox?
u need to install firefox and flash to use speedtest.net

te00
05-30-2007, 01:43 PM
Any1 has heard about ispacehosting.com.
Im really dissapointed of them..Any1 has experience with that company,i wanna speak to him

Anyway

I want a server arround 100mbit dl/up speed not shared :/ (like leeware-i dont understand shared either)
Able to install my own client.
$20-40$

shyman
05-30-2007, 07:19 PM

I want a server arround 100mbit dl/up speed not shared :/ (like leeware-i dont understand shared either)
$20-40$

i want ferrari for 100 bucks :01:

DVito
05-30-2007, 07:34 PM
Any1 has heard about ispacehosting.com.
Im really dissapointed of them..Any1 has experience with that company,i wanna speak to him

Anyway

$20-40$Servers like cost start at $800 US/month, good luck finding one for an average price of $30.

franchise
05-30-2007, 08:31 PM
i just ordered a vectoral, not for torrent purposes, but ill let you all know what the general speeds are. (speedtest.net)

te00
05-31-2007, 01:44 PM
I don't have much experience in the seedbox area, but my friend found this site:
http://www.leeware.com/product.html

AMD 64 Athlon 3400+ Equal Share, RAM 384MB, HDD 20GB, 100Mbps Unmetered
Only $15.00 / month.

Too good to be true? Or am I missing something? :lol:

whats that then??lmao dudes.
hmm i meant seedbox if u mean that.

kabir
05-31-2007, 04:02 PM
has leeware limited transfers to 1000gb/month??

ElGatoo
05-31-2007, 04:08 PM
has leeware limited transfers to 1000gb/month??

it's an average that u can make per month

kabir
05-31-2007, 04:36 PM
we can make more than 1000gb.
but wot i am asking is tht is there any data cap of 1000gb/month?

ElGatoo
05-31-2007, 05:17 PM
i talk with lee and he told me that the 1000gb/month it's an average, u can make more but all depend of the traffic that they have on their networks

0sec
05-31-2007, 08:14 PM
What is the difference between a VPS Server and a Dedicated Server?
thanks

clubzz
05-31-2007, 08:14 PM
Anybody know a compagny that accepts bankpayments? And doesnt require a creditcard or paypal?

Something Else
05-31-2007, 10:49 PM
Vectoral and Leeware do not have the same setup process!!!!!!!!!!!

slimdogp
05-31-2007, 11:08 PM
Any USA people have experience with leaseweb? I am considering purchasing from them, but my speedtest via their http tops out at about 130K/s, which would not be acceptable for FTP. Perhaps multi threading will help?

Anyone with first hand experience on this that would post their results would be most appreciated.

naq
05-31-2007, 11:29 PM
I get max speed of my cable connection when transferring through FTP. I live in MA if that helps.