PDA

View Full Version : BT Dedicated Server/Seedbox

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

slimdogp
06-01-2007, 03:26 AM
I get max speed of my cable connection when transferring through FTP. I live in MA if that helps.

Leaseweb looking better and better all the time.. :yup:

Something Else
06-01-2007, 08:33 AM
Anyone with a vectoral please PM me..

asher78
06-01-2007, 08:36 PM
hi,
leaseweb are great...
i got an Express server from them, took them 25min to set it up and i already started working with him...
i also used the walkthrough for installing Utorrent on a linux server (Centos) and it worked great...
i can see know why 007 placed them 1st...

kabir
06-01-2007, 08:39 PM
leasweb has got exceptional speeds.
i have seen ppl finishing their 500gb limit in a day.

KFlint
06-01-2007, 08:42 PM
i only have good words for leaseweb, my server is great, can max out the speed anytime i want, fabulous :)

sooti
06-01-2007, 09:34 PM
leaseweb is good.. but 500GB aint much, i did that in two days with my hosting-ie, which is unlimited, i get great speeds, i need at least 2TB a month, and i dont want to spend more then 50EURO

DVito
06-01-2007, 09:56 PM
the only thing i hate about leaseweb is the price.

2tb bandwidth is easy to go through. i could do it... in a day or two.

cajun
06-01-2007, 11:41 PM
sooti, for 50€ look at webtropia if you don´t mind to use linux...
you can use all the time 100Mbit and they really don´t mind :)
I use two box for seeding and one box I have very big dc++ hub and no problem at all :)
I just have to say they are great!

Only thing what I hate for them is server opening time... It is something like week or more... But support is good and fast and they can write english (better than me) :)

SgtMajor
06-02-2007, 12:33 AM
the only thing i hate about leaseweb is the price.

2tb bandwidth is easy to go through. i could do it... in a day or two.

And their support charges are too high, even for turning the server back on.

KFlint
06-02-2007, 12:36 AM
edit

ElGatoo
06-02-2007, 01:29 AM
Webtropia= 12months of contract

:(

KFlint
06-02-2007, 02:59 AM
damn 12 months is way too long...

cajun
06-02-2007, 04:17 AM
Somebody ask how much bandwidth in month, answer is as much you can use :)
You really can max your line all the time... My dc++ hub use about 60Mbit allmost all the time and never have any problem...
If you don´t like to 12month contract you can allways ask from me what is price for one box for one month (or 2 month) :)

Also if you like to use it as seedbox and prefer lower price and take it with linux I can install torrentflux on it :)

asher78
06-02-2007, 05:05 AM
I use two box for seeding and one box I have very big dc++ hub and no problem at all :)

Only thing what I hate for them is server opening time... It is something like week or more... But support is good and fast and they can write english (better than me) :)

i have trouble finding how much bandwith by month, can you tell me?

hi,
just do the following:
enter in to the Self Service Center (SSC), you got a mail with your user and pass.
then press on the serverhosting button -->datatraffic and click on the graph ... another graph will be added below the original graph with you total amount of traffic (please note that the info you see their is from a day befow so be cerfull not to exeed your traffic amount).

Lizard King
06-02-2007, 03:22 PM
Is there any chance to have seedbox for no more than 15 euro for one person (I can share with someone, but i cant pay more than 15 euro, even 15 euro is much for me :/)

cajun
06-02-2007, 05:14 PM
Is there any chance to have seedbox for no more than 15 euro for one person (I can share with someone, but i cant pay more than 15 euro, even 15 euro is much for me :/)

Leeware, it is 15.20€. You just can not get cheaper anywhere :)
And don´t wait too much speed, there is way too many people who are useing leeware as seedbox...

Maybe metered is possible find cheaper but if you need unmetered then leeware is cheapest...

Lizard King
06-02-2007, 06:09 PM
Do you know any unmetered seedbox for max 30 euro good for 2 users or for max 45 euro for 3 users or max 60 euro for 4 users?

cajun
06-03-2007, 12:08 AM
yes, you can get webtropia server with linux and install torrentflux on it...
You can ask from me ready made it for you...
4 people is fine with torrentflux and everybody have own account.

Seedling
06-03-2007, 02:30 AM
Anyone knows whether leeware accepts egold other than paypal?

ElGatoo
06-03-2007, 06:04 AM
only paypal

Seedling
06-03-2007, 08:28 AM
Ah okay thank you for your reply. So now is there anyone who's interested in egold for a vps? ;)

hp1702
06-03-2007, 10:56 AM
I have a vectoral box it is very good!

Lizard King
06-03-2007, 11:11 AM
yes, you can get webtropia server with linux and install torrentflux on it...
You can ask from me ready made it for you...
4 people is fine with torrentflux and everybody have own account.

Could you give me some details. hard drive, real speeds, how much does it cost? I've heart this is 12 month contract. Is it true? 12 months is too long for me

cajun
06-03-2007, 12:32 PM
Some details:
AMD Athlon 64 3500+
1024 MB DDR2
2 x 160 GB SATA
Real speed is 100Mbit

Price from webtropia with 12 month contract is:
with linux 48€/month
with windows 63€/month (only german language)

But, you can get from me one box without contract and ready installed with torrentflux for 60€ (linux)...

sooti
06-03-2007, 01:34 PM

i use 100mbit all the time on hosting-ie and also have no prob, and im like at 1.5TB already, and i only pay 35EU and get windows enterprise too, i am very happy with the server, just the support sucks, so i have to be carfull not to do something wrong or its a week waiting for some kind of answer

KFlint
06-03-2007, 02:03 PM

i use 100mbit all the time on hosting-ie and also have no prob, and im like at 1.5TB already, and i only pay 35EU and get windows enterprise too, i am very happy with the server, just the support sucks, so i have to be carfull not to do something wrong or its a week waiting for some kind of answer

do you have to reboot your VPS often? While i was using Leeware VPS, i had to reboot it every 2-3 days, really unstable

cajun
06-03-2007, 02:26 PM
leeware is only one what I know where I have to reboot it all the times...
hosting-ie can be great for speed but also it can be very slow...
If you have good luck and no other people in same computer who use it like seedbox then you get great speed...
That is why I don´t like vps, with dedicated you get your bandwidth all the time :)

jhonlev
06-03-2007, 05:17 PM
I want to buy aSeedbox , i get only 20 $ per month than i think to buy Seedbox from leeware, are they good? what about the speed? can i connect to the Seedbox from 2 diffrent ip?(2 computers) ?

jhonlev
06-03-2007, 05:32 PM
can i connect from 2 diffrent computers to the same Seedbox?(leeware)?

TooFastForYa
06-03-2007, 05:56 PM
can i connect from 2 diffrent computers to the same Seedbox?(leeware)?

Yes, you can connect with as many as you would like.

MFJ
06-03-2007, 07:33 PM
Somebody can tell me a seedbox cheap and good?

ElGatoo
06-03-2007, 09:02 PM
leeware
hosting-ie
VDS on keyweb

AkaiDoresu
06-04-2007, 02:31 AM
Are any of these servers banned on any trackers ?

TooFastForYa
06-04-2007, 05:48 AM
Are any of these servers banned on any trackers ?

No

jazzyjazzy
06-04-2007, 12:03 PM
can anyone tell me abt leaseweb plans in very simple words...price, upload speed, download speed

i searched their site but i got a bit confused, so plz help as i am noob in this seedbox matter and is looking to buy seedbox.

Also one more noob question, though i know that seedbox is used to maintain ratio, how it will work. Is there some new hardware needed and does we need someone else to install it or we can do it ourself

gossard25
06-04-2007, 12:05 PM
Somebody can tell me a seedbox cheap and good?

Leeware rocks

sooti
06-04-2007, 03:18 PM

do you have to reboot your VPS often? While i was using Leeware VPS, i had to reboot it every 2-3 days, really unstable

i have windows, leeware is linux, leeware was good at first when i first joined, i got 6mb/s upload no prob, but then as people crowded the servers it became more and more buggy and slow, so i tryed other cheap VPS's and when it comes to a budget of 20-50$, hosting-ie is the best server wise, but it's service is much worse then leeware (support), but i get when uploading to 20-40 peers 4mb/s-6mb/s upload on a single torrent, on public torrents i hit 10mb/s-11mb/s easy with alot of leechers... i have 1GB ram, and 50GB drive, it's not huge but enough, i barly have to restart, but if i do it's because i installed something in the windows, also i found out that i have an extrnal panel that i can use to restart the VPS if the windows crashes and wont login or something, so all in all, for 39euro a month, its a sweet deal. :naughty:

dokomoy
06-04-2007, 04:54 PM
When Layeredtech asks for a domain name, does that mean they'll give me one, or I have to buy and register a domain name?

misza
06-04-2007, 06:02 PM
my comment on leeware... maybe it was good but since u advertised it so well :D it became slow... im DL torrent from TL with 300 seeders and 300 leechers atm, my DL speed is 1,5MB/s and UL 100KB/s ... only 1 process running

nutsis
06-04-2007, 06:45 PM
I use a leeware seedbox for 35 $ per month
Is really poore!!

Now i'm looking for the best seed box for 40-50€ Per/Month

I want at least :
Flate rate,real speed 50/50, 1-2 giga ram , 160-200 giga hard disk
Don't care about windows.....

Enyone who use something like that,please sent to me some info

my english is really sucks, i now!!

ElGatoo
06-04-2007, 08:19 PM
Keyweb, Hetzner, Bestofdata,

airsky98
06-05-2007, 06:29 AM
hosting-ie will take how long to create a server eh?

i ordered it on sunday but seems like no news from them yet

XeroToX
06-05-2007, 09:26 AM

i ordered it on sunday but seems like no news from them yet

u will get it in acouple of days from now..

0sec
06-05-2007, 06:32 PM
Someone want to share his seedbox with me?
Of course i will pay the half ammount.
Or want to buy a new with me?
pm me :)

luismelo4
06-05-2007, 10:34 PM
i am looking for a seedbox for me and 2 friends less than 100 euros
unmetered share good upload speeds more than 2mb/s in english that be possible to rent in portugal i would be the only admin. 160 gb or more would be nice

anyone? pm me and answer in the forum please

Something Else
06-05-2007, 11:45 PM
Try my new seedbox.... 50% off at GardenWorld this week.......
You can grow twice the herb for half the price!!!!!!!!!!!!
No piggywiggies sniffing in ur garden.
Thanks to our new pig-sticker......
Just pin-em to the ceiling and watch them squeal!!!!!
This week only....................Special Price, you are my good friend.....

haydeno
06-06-2007, 09:06 AM
had leeware for 3 weeks and i have uploaded 1.4TB so about 1.8Tb for $20 seems cheep

VOiLA
06-06-2007, 11:59 PM
had leeware for 3 weeks and i have uploaded 1.4TB so about 1.8Tb for $20 seems cheep

can u pm me the website ? so i cud buy one too ?

//thanks :)

slin
06-07-2007, 06:32 AM
Over the past few months ive noticed alot of users interested in purchasing seedboxes, and i think its great alot of users are this into seeding and uploading at torrent sites so i made this thread to help them make the right choice when purchasing a Seedbox/Dedicated Server

BT Server/Seedbox

FAQ

What is a Dedicated Server? A dedicated hosting service, dedicated server, or managed hosting service is a type of Internet hosting where the client leases an entire server not shared with anyone.

What is a Seedbox? Is bittorrent terminology for a dedicated server that is used to upload and download torrents. Seedboxes are usually purchased by uploaders and torrent communities to get the latest content at high speeds.

How do I use the dedicated server/seedbox? A Dedicated Server/Seedbox is very simple to use, once you have purchased and fully paid for the dedicated server/seedbox, the service provider will send you the following:

The Server IP Address
The Server Username
The Server Password

Using these things you can log on to your server using remote desktop.
You can download RDP at: Download Here (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/tools/rdclientdl.mspx)
(Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) is a multi-channel protocol that allows a user to connect to a computer running Microsoft Terminal Services.) You can access remote desktop on your Windows PC by going to:

On your home computer, click Start, point to All Programs, and then point to Accessories.
In the Accessories menu, point to Communications, and then click Remote Desktop Connection.

Then type the IP Address for the Server provided by the Hosting company, click connect and you will be taken to a log in screen, similar to the OS the server is running. Log in and that is it, you now have access to your server.

Hosting Companies

Dediboxes

What is a dedibox? A dedibox(s) are dedicated server that are hosted by Dedibox.fr. Dediboxes are dedicated servers that you have root access to but the network on which it is connected is shared. Dediboxes are connected to a supposed 300Gbit network, but due to the many subscribers, dediboxes which are advertised as 100Mbit Unmetered will only guarantee you 30Mbit Unmetered. The only time users report reaching 100Mbit Speeds is while connection to another user on the dedibox network.

Dedibox.fr Resellers/Affiliates:

Dediboxinternational.com
BestofData.com
Dedihostplus.com

(there are more, but these are the main resellers/affiliates)

Dedibox.fr

» CPU VIA 2Ghz - 1024 MB RAM - Hard drive with a 160 GB capacity
» 100Mbit/Sec unmetered bandwidth.
» Several Operating systems available (Ubuntu-Server, Debian, Fedora, OpenSuse 10.1, Mandriva, Gentoo 2006, CentOS 4.2, Slackware 10.2, FreeBsd, NetBsd, OpenBsd)
» Some desktop software (Ubuntu-Desktop Dapper, Kubuntu-Desktop Dapper, Xubuntu-Desktop Dapper)
» Unlimited technical support
» Remote manager
» 5Go Security Backup
» Own Server Monitoring
» automatic material diagnosis
» Rescue system

29.99 € /Month

Dediboxinternational.com

» CPU VIA 2Ghz - 1024 MB RAM - Hard drive with a 160 GB capacity
» 100Mbit/Sec unmetered bandwidth.
» Several Operating systems available (Ubuntu-Server, Debian, Fedora, OpenSuse 10.1, Mandriva, Gentoo 2006, CentOS 4.2, Slackware 10.2, FreeBsd, NetBsd, OpenBsd)
» Some desktop software (Ubuntu-Desktop Dapper, Kubuntu-Desktop Dapper, Xubuntu-Desktop Dapper)
» Unlimited technical support
» Remote manager
» 5Go Security Backup
» Own Server Monitoring
» automatic material diagnosis
» Rescue system
45.00 €/Month *Note Price Changes Often

-------------------------

Bestofdata.com

GENERAL INFOS:
Processor: VIA C7 2.0 GHZ
Disk space: 160GB SATA2
RAM: 1GB DDR2 400MHZ
Bandwidth: 100Mbps Unmetered
Managed: NO

PLAN PRICES:
Monthly - : $59.95
No hidden costs, No setup fees, Free support
30 Minute activation (When servers are in stock)
Windows Server 2003 Web Edition: $20 / month
Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition: $30 / month
Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition: $45 / month
DirectAdmin control panel available for Debian, CentOS & Fedora: $14 / month
Additional HDD, RAID0 or RAID1 (Debian & Ubuntu only): $20 / month

ADDITIONAL DETAILS
Full Root access.
2 free OS reloads per a month.
Rescue mode (A small network OS where you can make changes to the partition, OS, etc...)
Automatic reboots via web interface.
Web MRTG.

Dedihostplus.com
*Note Windows OS is included

France Unmetred Box
100mbit Unmetred
160gig hard disk
1024mb DDR2 Ram
VIA C7 2Ghz
$100 Per Month

Dual hard disk box
100mbit Unmetred
2x 160gb hard disk (Combined 300gb)
1024mb DDR2 ram
Via C7 2.0ghz
$120 Per Month

----------------------------------

Note: For all Dediboxes, fee apply if you want to run a Windows OS, they only provide linux OS free.

Also note that these Dediboxes are not that strict about running torrents, but if they catch you due to excessive use or abuse of bandwidth they will close your dedibox without refund.

Dediboxes also have random checks and police raids.

Ive Had Dediboxinternationa, Bestofdata, and Dedihostplus, if you enable encryption and keep the bw below 3TB a month it gives you a better chance under to keep under the radar.

DEDICATED SERVERS/SEEDBOXES

The Following are my Top 5 Choices for Best Dedicated Servers.

Number 5: V E C T O R A L (https://www.vectoral.info/)

I personally havent used this company, but i have heard nothing but great things from them. They too offer cheap, reliable servers at competitive prices.

Dedicated Servers (https://www.vectoral.info/servers/servers.php)

Server: 4.5/5
Network: 3.5/5

NUMBER 4:M O X I E H O S T I N G (http://moxiehosting.com)

Moxiehosting understands that customers are unique and therefore they provide true flexibility in a wide range of server options and upgrades with realistic pricing. The Network is never oversold ensuring everyone has the bandwidth when they need it. They offer unmetered bandwidth as well.

Dedicated Servers (http://www.moxiehosting.com/services/ded/)

Network: 4.5/5

Number 3: L A Y E R E D T E C H (http://layeredtech.com/)

Hmm, layered tech one of the best server that i have ever used, i dont think there was a time i didnt max out my speed, with their 100Mbit i could easily reach 11-12 mb/s. They have a great turn around time, i got my server in less than 5, 6 hours.

Dedicated Servers (http://www.layeredtech.com/servers.shtml)

Network: 5/5

Number 2: S O F T L A Y E R (http://www.softlayer.com/)

This is probably one of the best server that i have ever used, Softlayer is the best of the best, nothing more to say, maxed out connections 24/7. Note Softlayer is the most expensive server ive purchased only because i upgraded to a higher bandwidth and network speed. You have got to purchase one to know how amazing their server and network is, the speeds are phenomenal and the service is phenomenal. This is why ScT, FTN, FSC, all Top site uploaders and torrent sites purchase SoftLayer, because your getting what you paid for.

Server: 5/5

Number 1: L E A S E W E B (http://www.leaseweb.com/index.php)

This is the best hosting company, why else would torrent sites such as TL and SCC host there. They provide excellent support and excellent dedicated Server service. They have top-notch servers with one of the best network, you will get great speeds no matter what.

Dedicated Servers (http://www.leaseweb.com/index.php?p=dedicated)

Server 5/5
Network 5/5

------------------------------

Update: 21/04/07

HONOURABLE MENTION SERVERS/SEEDBOXES

FDC Servers (www.fdcservers.net)
Giga-International (http://giga-international.com)
NetNation (http://netnation.ca)
Shinjiru (http://shinjiru.com)
Net Access Corporation (http://www.nac.net/)

------------------------------------------------------------------

ECONOMIC SERVERS/SEEDBOXES

CoreNetworks (http://corenetworks.net)
Hosting-IE (http://hosting-ie.com/)

--------------------------------------------------------

Well i hope you had as much fun reading as i did writing and i hope this helps you make the right server choice.
For More Information also check WebHostingTalk Forums (http://webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)they have great info and many users that can answer your questions if im not available.

// 007
Nice and informative post.

d.j boom
06-07-2007, 11:13 PM
thank you everyone for the info.

airsky98
06-09-2007, 06:17 AM

i ordered it on sunday but seems like no news from them yetthey have some problem with the management

i e-mailed them on thu, they said that i never pay.. need my contact for verification but in fact it's all there when i sign up.. .. they never make an effort to contact me at all...

what kind of serivces is this.. now it's weekend already, need to wait every longer, decided to cancel my order

any better windows hosting available?

TOrrentersOne
06-09-2007, 03:07 PM
I had the same problem with hosting-ie
You need to make sure that you are placing the correct phone number when ordering using your credit card, In my case I placed the faulty one :)
but finally paid by paypal, then they never ask any questions and got the server in next day :)

chears

airsky98
06-09-2007, 03:18 PM
I had the same problem with hosting-ie
You need to make sure that you are placing the correct phone number when ordering using your credit card, In my case I placed the faulty one :)
but finally paid by paypal, then they never ask any questions and got the server in next day :)

chears
but i have double check or even triple check my contact number already. i had given them my mobile number, landlines due to time diff, i don't wish to wake everyone up when my family are sleeping... and most of the time i'm not at home too :whistling

TOrrentersOne
06-09-2007, 04:18 PM
They ask land line ones, I'm sharing mp3's and prefer to keep my phone private :))

Then you need to do the same as I've done
go to the invoice with them and pay with PayPal.

Chears mate

airsky98
06-10-2007, 12:48 AM
o... ok, thanks, anyway, i shall keep it on hold 1st... cause i already got another vps...

btw, how fast u got the server? within 1 day?

THEWHO27
06-11-2007, 03:37 PM
hi ive had hosting for a month and a half and this morning the upload speed went to 50 k/Bs to 60 download is cool but upload and on sct ???

TYPE R
06-11-2007, 06:51 PM
it happens how and again

TooFastForYa
06-11-2007, 07:00 PM
For anyone that has used Vectoral, how long did it take to get your server?

copperhead
06-11-2007, 07:08 PM
vectoral has no servers in stock :(

TooFastForYa
06-11-2007, 07:34 PM
I already ordered, just waiting for it. Curious to how long they normally take to be setup.

TYPE R
06-11-2007, 07:44 PM
2 working days, to setup.

buggs1a
06-12-2007, 06:33 AM
as sun means as soon, they are not English/America so they misspelled soon to sun.

kfedka
06-13-2007, 10:31 PM
I got vps raptor 5 with hosting-ie. Upload speeds are great. Average is 3Mb up on private torrents. Seen it up to 6.4Mb, but that is the highest. What are others getting? I was able to upload to someone the the same country at 4.5Mb for a whole torrent.

te00
06-14-2007, 04:09 PM
Dedicated or vps?whats the different..I want to hire with a friend but not share it with anyone else.dedicated eh?

nutsis
06-14-2007, 06:26 PM
dedicated opws ta les, alla polla ta eura.

otan bgaleis akri , pes moy kai mena
poy talaipwroyme me ton lee......

TOrrentersOne
06-14-2007, 11:40 PM
o... ok, thanks, anyway, i shall keep it on hold 1st... cause i already got another vps...

btw, how fast u got the server? within 1 day?

yeah , but till payment with PayPal I was waiting for 5 days :)
But still happy m8,

first ordered "Rabtor 5" then upgraded to "Rabtor + 3"
No overloads, stable, getting about 3-6 MB
Ones had to download file from Rapidshare.com and got all 11MB/s :w00t:

Chears

kyuuchi
06-15-2007, 03:50 AM
Dedicated or vps?whats the different..I want to hire with a friend but not share it with anyone else.dedicated eh?

Using a 100Mbit seedbox as example
Dedicated - You have the whole 100Mbit connection to yourself, not sharing with anyone else. So you can expect high speeds around 7-8MB/s upload (reached that kind of speed on Vectoral)

VPS - You share the 100Mbit connection with other people, so the speed you are getting is alot less compared to Dedicated. I had a seedbox on Leeware, speeds around 2-5MB/s upload.

VPS is alot cheaper than Dedicated, depends on whats your budget range. a dedicated could cost you around 50-60 a month for a decent one (if you split the cost with your friend).

spencer785
06-15-2007, 08:15 PM
Hi There i'm going to be getting a VPS in a few days and just have a few questions Is Leeware good for doing torrents and is it easy to install and also should i get a linux or a windows does it matter i just want to torrent and one more question is gate.com good for VPS to thanks in advance

Ev0
06-15-2007, 08:20 PM
http://www.exmasters.com/dedicated/dedicated-unmetered/

I have there 10Mbit unmetered ,good servers and good speeds. Decently priced dedicated servers and I cant fault them both in speed and service.

front243
06-15-2007, 11:28 PM
Hi There i'm going to be getting a VPS in a few days and just have a few questions Is Leeware good for doing torrents and is it easy to install and also should i get a linux or a windows does it matter i just want to torrent and one more question is gate.com good for VPS to thanks in advance

Well, other people have got good results with Leeware but I have VERY slow uploading speeds, so slow I am considering cancelling my subscription.

However, it does not matter if the server runs linux as far as torrents is concerned. uTorrent can be emulated fine using Wine under Linux (see the guide elsewhere in here), and Azureus is readily available for Linux as well.

TOrrentersOne
06-16-2007, 12:44 AM
Yes , I believe Linux one is much better,
Les resources are eaten, more power for torrent

but if you will order Linux ask for Debian,

TYPE R
06-16-2007, 01:19 AM
just out of curiousity, what anti virus and spyware, do u guys run on ur seedbox

Threat
06-16-2007, 08:50 AM
you get 2tb per month on 100mb line with leaseweb not 500gig

mievmo
06-16-2007, 08:28 PM
i got 80$
i need at least 1TB Band and Win OS.
any good offers ?

Pilgrim22
06-16-2007, 10:47 PM
I got vps raptor 5 with hosting-ie. Upload speeds are great. Average is 3Mb up on private torrents. Seen it up to 6.4Mb, but that is the highest. What are others getting? I was able to upload to someone the the same country at 4.5Mb for a whole torrent.

I too, have the Raptor 5, I have now had it about 9 months, upload speeds can range from anywhere from less than 1MBs right up to 11MBs, download speeds are always high (from ScT) Dont try to rar, or create too many sfv for large files, or else you might as well throw the files at the site you want to upload to, it can be very slow. Service can range from excellent (replies within a hour) to bismal (can take days) Most months, I upload more than 1TB, but if you do go a little too far, they will turn you off for a few days. For the money, 35 € Per/Month, I dont think you can go far wrong.

Something Else
06-17-2007, 12:38 AM
http://www.exmasters.com/dedicated/dedicated-unmetered/

I have there 10Mbit unmetered ,good servers and good speeds. Decently priced dedicated servers and I cant fault them both in speed and service.

I'm not sure I agree with the ''Decently priced'' bit of that statement. In fact I totally disagree with it. :wacko:

nutsis
06-17-2007, 05:38 AM

I too, have the Raptor 5, I have now had it about 9 months, upload speeds can range from anywhere from less than 1MBs right up to 11MBs, download speeds are always high (from ScT) Dont try to rar, or create too many sfv for large files, or else you might as well throw the files at the site you want to upload to, it can be very slow. Service can range from excellent (replies within a hour) to bismal (can take days) Most months, I upload more than 1TB, but if you do go a little too far, they will turn you off for a few days. For the money, 35 € Per/Month, I dont think you can go far wrong.

For the Raptor 5 write Unlimited Traffic

anyway:
1TB for upload??
or 1TB for upload/download?

BawA
06-17-2007, 05:43 AM
this is good guide but the only thing is missing is a path(step-by-step), you mentioned what all of this is about but how to setup one and work with it... thats missing.
ill be glad if you either by pm or adding to your guide walkthroug me.
thanks

darknforce
06-18-2007, 02:09 AM
Number 3: L A Y E R E D T E C H (http://layeredtech.com/)

Hmm, layered tech one of the best server that i have ever used, i dont think there was a time i didnt max out my speed, with their 100Mbit i could easily reach 11-12 mb/s. They have a great turn around time, i got my server in less than 5, 6 hours.

Dedicated Servers (http://www.layeredtech.com/servers.shtml)

I'm getting this any current user on this ? any suggestion before i subscribe

kfedka
06-18-2007, 04:38 PM

Well I uploaded 1TB in one week. Then the server when to a crawl can only do 100kb max and its so slow to open programs/browsers.??!!

cajun
06-19-2007, 10:04 PM

Well I uploaded 1TB in one week. Then the server when to a crawl can only do 100kb max and its so slow to open programs/browsers.??!!

Ask them what is wrong, network card can be broken or something like that..
With linux I have something like that once, I don´t know what was a problem but after I sent support a message it works fine. With windows never have any problem...
(sorry my bad english)

kfedka
06-23-2007, 05:15 PM
They had crippled my internet speed and vps speed due to uploads lots of data. Had them reconfigure the vps and reset the internet speeds all fine now!

samoyan
06-24-2007, 12:43 AM
I want to get a seedbox and I have 3 options:

LeaseWeb
LeeWare
Hosting-IE

Could you recommend me the best one? It seems they are all in the same price range. I`m just curious about their quality, security, etc.

ElGatoo
06-24-2007, 04:44 AM
Leaseweb

TYPE R
06-24-2007, 01:24 PM
do NOT! go 4 hosting ie, all you'll get is shit speed and utorrent keeps on freezeing, and their customer service is totally shit 2. 4 them 2 reply back takes 2 to 3 ur more days to get back in touch with u.

the best is vectoral and leaesweb

samoyan
06-24-2007, 03:23 PM
Thanks! I ordered Leaseweb yesterday. Do you know how much time it takes for them to setup a server?

KFlint
06-24-2007, 03:40 PM
it took less than 24 hours to get mine (an express server)

samoyan
06-24-2007, 03:59 PM
Thank you for response. Waiting...

samoyan
06-25-2007, 01:02 AM
Yes, it took less than 24 hours to create a dedicated server with Leaseweb :)

samoyan
06-26-2007, 03:24 AM
After several days of using Leaseweb I encountered the next problem:

I am using Windows 2003 Server. In order to upload several files to the server I created FTP server in IIS. Everything goes ok except for upload speed. It seems there is a restriction on upload speed but I don`t know where. Upload speed is roughly 75-78 kb.

I tried to upload the same files on the other server and got higher speed, almost 170 kb.

Do you have any ideas about this issue?

torrentslave
06-26-2007, 08:24 PM
r u uploading it from home?

samoyan
06-27-2007, 02:28 AM
r u uploading it from home?Yes:ermm:

Is there any way to use another protocol to get my files from seedbox? Like SSH (I am not quite sure).

cajun
06-27-2007, 03:42 AM
r u uploading it from home?Yes:ermm:

Is there any way to use another protocol to get my files from seedbox? Like SSH (I am not quite sure).

That sound like you have bad connection with one download/upload thread...
With filezilla and some otger you can get up to 10 thread download/upload so that make to trick :)

SSH is not good, it is slow because it is secure...

Try filezilla ftp server in server and but connections max 10, then your filezilla client put also 10 for connections...

Somebody propably can explain better and with better english skills :D

samoyan
06-27-2007, 03:51 AM
Yes:ermm:

With filezilla and some otger you can get up to 10 thread download/upload so that make to trick :)

Try filezilla ftp server in server and but connections max 10, then your filezilla client put also 10 for connections...

Somebody propably can explain better and with better english skills :DThank you! I`ll try to setup a new FTP server and will post here results:)

007™
06-27-2007, 08:25 PM
Get Some TopSite axx to go with that server

CLICK TO ENTER THE SCENE (http://ftpforest.co.nr/)

TOrrentersOne
06-28-2007, 02:46 AM
Hi

Does some one has an individual 100mbit on VDS from hosting ie ?

andra
06-30-2007, 11:38 AM
Get Some TopSite axx to go with that server

CLICK TO ENTER THE SCENE (http://ftpforest.co.nr/)

i think they have problem with there page

salambin
07-02-2007, 10:28 AM
hi all,
i want to get a seedbox from Leeware VPS100 or VP200.
is this good for torrent?i use TL.
what is average speed?
can i set a ftp server on it?
r they sensitive to stuff that i download(copyright issue)?

thanks alot

McLovin
07-03-2007, 02:20 PM
hosting-ie

Dedic Raptor Pro Lin 581

AMD Opteron 144 (64bit ready)
http://hosting-ie.com/images/arr.gif 160 GB of HDD disk
http://hosting-ie.com/images/arr.gif 512 MB of RAM DDR-ECC (info)
http://hosting-ie.com/images/arr.gif Traffic-Unlimited (guaranteed)
http://hosting-ie.com/images/arr.gif 100Mbit Switch Port
http://hosting-ie.com/images/arr.gif Monitoring 14 Port's
http://hosting-ie.com/images/arr.gif RemoteConsole
http://hosting-ie.com/images/arr.gif PLESK 8 (info (http://plesk.com/))
http://hosting-ie.com/images/arr.gif Managed firewall
http://hosting-ie.com/images/arr.gif Operation System (http://hosting-ie.com/content/view/15/48/#os)*
http://hosting-ie.com/images/arr.gif Monthly Payment
http://hosting-ie.com/images/arr.gif 78 € Setup Fee
http://hosting-ie.com/images/arr.gif 49 € Per Month

I'm thinking about getting this.. should I?

or do you have a better suggestion?

pedroclaro
07-03-2007, 09:14 PM
how much time to does it take to have access to the leeware server?

r77
07-04-2007, 10:09 AM
how much time to does it take to have access to the leeware server?
24 hours

nofx210
07-04-2007, 10:51 PM
hosting-ie

Dedic Raptor Pro Lin 581

http://hosting-ie.com/images/arr.gif Operation System (http://hosting-ie.com/content/view/15/48/#os)*

3 month contract i believe. also, from what I hear the support sucks and network isnt to good either

TOrrentersOne
07-05-2007, 12:21 AM
hosting-ie

Dedic Raptor Pro Lin 581

3 month contract i believe. also, from what I hear the support sucks and network isnt to good either

yeah Support sucks ,,

But Network is perfect , the best I've seen in last few years.

Basically I've hear that you can upgrade the server to managed and then support works fine but that is additional 10 or 15 euro per month....

stripchamber
07-05-2007, 12:36 AM
great tutorial. i find this kind of thing fascinating

nijntje
07-05-2007, 05:28 PM
I just bought a dedicated server at webtropia. it can take up to a week before its done so i'll share my experience with it once it has been setup.

samoyan
07-07-2007, 01:40 AM
Yes:ermm:

Somebody propably can explain better and with better english skills :DThank you very much for your recommendation! Everything works great! I installed Serv-U FTP server on my dedicated server and FTP Voyager on the client side (at home), and the speed raised to 300-500 Kb/s. When configuring Serv-U, you need to change "recieved" and "sent" buffer to higher values. Here is more info about this issue: http://www.governmentsecurity.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=3885

ramyrakan
07-08-2007, 06:52 PM
nice guide.

DVito
07-08-2007, 07:10 PM

Somebody propably can explain better and with better english skills :DThank you very much for your recommendation! Everything works great! I installed Serv-U FTP server on my dedicated server and FTP Voyager on the client side (at home), and the speed raised to 300-500 Kb/s. When configuring Serv-U, you need to change "recieved" and "sent" buffer to higher values. Here is more info about this issue: http://www.governmentsecurity.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=3885
Be careful with Serv-U, my friend got exploited with that. He had a rootkit on his server afterwards. Remember, keep it updated :)

samoyan
07-08-2007, 11:23 PM
Be careful with Serv-U, my friend got exploited with that. He had a rootkit on his server afterwards. Remember, keep it updated :):w00t:Thanks for info, I`ll check my version. What FTP server will you recommend?

McLovin
07-09-2007, 06:46 AM
what's the cheapest dedi that offers a windows server os?

don't need much space .. 20-30gb or bigger.

and bandwidth needs to be 500gb/mo at least.. preferably more.

andra
07-10-2007, 08:48 AM
what's the cheapest dedi that offers a windows server os?

don't need much space .. 20-30gb or bigger.

and bandwidth needs to be 500gb/mo at least.. preferably more.

500Gb/month go whit som vps server. maby raptor on hostinng-ie i did get about 3,5TB one month whit that.

0sec
07-10-2007, 01:26 PM
Dont buy hosting-ie VPS
The support suxx like the hardware...
I often get corrupt files when i'm downloading the stuff on my box..
Have checked everything out but its simply the bad hardware like a bad HDD

niceguy4
07-10-2007, 10:32 PM
i just purchased a server on leaseweb. if anyone is interested in splitting the costs with me (private torrent networks only plz ;) ) PM and will set something up. btw the total cost is $50, so maybe a $25 split or something. anyways, i'll also post a review and guides for setting up a leaseweb seedbox in a little. thanks

McLovin
07-12-2007, 05:26 PM
Dont buy hosting-ie VPS

what do you suggest then?

TYPE R
07-12-2007, 09:17 PM
Dont buy hosting-ie VPS

what do you suggest then?

what ever u do m8, do not go 4 hosting ie!!!!!!:noes:. i recommend u 2 go 4 vectoral ur leaseweb these 2 r the best m8

samoyan
07-18-2007, 07:39 PM
Does anyone here use GIGA dedicated servers? http://www.giga-international.com/

serverman
07-19-2007, 12:27 AM
Dont buy hosting-ie VPS
:D are you talking about Dedic box or VDs?
If that is dedic then sorry but that sounds stuppid,
take logs of malfunction and request HDD change if it is really bad HDD.
if that is VDS then simply make sure that it is not under Virtuozzo, Virtuozzo boxes aren't designed for p2p, specially if connection to server is high.

The best choice would be some box under VMware ESX :yup:

How is the network with Hosting-ie? leesware?

I need to take some dedic box from somwhere

weenden
08-08-2007, 10:14 PM
does anyone have a link to keyweb in english that works every time i hit a link here it ask for login ,,,whicjh i dont have

Something Else
08-08-2007, 10:56 PM
Vectoral is always the mutt's nutt's for me :D

Ze619
08-09-2007, 11:31 AM
good tutorial very good

haydeno
08-10-2007, 11:28 PM
what speeds you get on dedibox.fr only 30 euro

caricas
08-11-2007, 01:03 AM
Im interested in getting a Hosting-ie and i have some doubts...

Is it rEALLY worthy??

What is the difference between Raptor server and Rabtor +?? And what the 2x100 mbit (Master Server) means on Rabtor +??

woolenundies
08-11-2007, 03:15 PM
does anyone know where i can find a step by step tutorial on a setting up a vectoral springathlon? or can someone please make me one

Diecastt
08-12-2007, 12:26 AM
Im thinking of buying a seedbox... i want it with windows os since im pretty noob in linux... i have like 70-90Euros to spend... any sugestions? i was seeing leaseweb express server 4 would u recomend it?

ifkstab
08-14-2007, 10:36 PM

Is it rEALLY worthy??

What is the difference between Raptor server and Rabtor +?? And what the 2x100 mbit (Master Server) means on Rabtor +??

I ordered a dedicated one 8 days ago and still don't have it, so i can't tell you yet. Does anyone know how long it usually takes for the dedicated server. I can log on to the website and it gives me a username and password but no domain, so I'm stuck waiting, just put in a support ticket.

xgravity
08-15-2007, 12:21 AM
i will buy leaseweb express server 5 for a month to try out... is it a good choice? 1TB is enough for me and i need windows os system because i don't really know how to work with linux, if you know any better sugestion plz help me out since i'm going to order the server next week.

muyoso
08-16-2007, 01:41 AM
So is leeware still working? It looks like they upped their prices a little, but are they still working?

spe88
08-26-2007, 09:31 AM
Hi!

I have been looking for a seedbox, but i cant find the proper solution, so maybe you can help me... I'm looking for a seedbox which provides about 4Mbyte/s upload speed, 20 GB HDD, min. 3 slot... and it costs max 20 Euros/month?!

Thanks

Bfietta
08-28-2007, 07:51 PM
For someone who never used this, and doesn't even know how WebUi works and all this, is there a newbie guide somewhere?

TOrrentersOne
09-16-2007, 10:40 PM
Hi

Some on e did use EXTREM Servers from hosting-ie?
I'm thinking to get one, did some one use it before?
I have dedicated from them and happy enough but never used the EXTREM VDS's

Chears.

What is the difference between Raptor server and Rabtor +as far I know rabtor is Virtuozzo based, Rabtor + is VMware based
Plus one are perfect for p2p, Perfect support of HDD, I had them before I've got Dedic from them.

Chears

McLovin
09-18-2007, 12:51 AM

Is it rEALLY worthy??

I ordered a dedicated one 8 days ago and still don't have it, so i can't tell you yet. Does anyone know how long it usually takes for the dedicated server. I can log on to the website and it gives me a username and password but no domain, so I'm stuck waiting, just put in a support ticket.

it took me like 2 weeks to get mine.

now I can't login via remote desktop and it's not responding to ping requests.. so i logged in on hosting-ie and it say my package is canceled.

i sent them a ticket but i'm sure they won't reply for 2 weeks+ if at all.

TOrrentersOne
09-18-2007, 11:20 PM

now I can't login via remote desktop and it's not responding to ping requests.. so i logged in on hosting-ie and it say my package is canceled.

i sent them a ticket but I'm sure they won't reply for 2 weeks+ if at all.

Strange,,:blink: I never had some problem like that, did you pay on time ?

Doombringer
09-22-2007, 03:52 PM
seriously, if you live in Europe or in Canada (quebec) get this server :
www.kimsufi.com

It is part of OVH (a French hosting company) and it is their cheapest dedicated server plan.

for 19 euros per month you get this :

Processeur : (http://kimsufi.com/kimsufi/kimsufi.xml#cpu)
Disque dur : (http://kimsufi.com/kimsufi/kimsufi.xml#hdd)
Mémoire vive : (http://kimsufi.com/kimsufi/kimsufi.xml#ram)
Connexion : (http://kimsufi.com/kimsufi/kimsufi.xml#bp)

Intel Celeron 2.00 GHz
160 Go IDE / SATA2
256 Mo DDR
100 Mbps

ifkstab
09-22-2007, 10:23 PM

i sent them a ticket but I'm sure they won't reply for 2 weeks+ if at all.

Strange,,:blink: I never had some problem like that, did you pay on time ?

Yeah, I paid when i ordered it, i got a dedicated and it took about 4 weeks before they finally set it up, has been great ever since though.

iwaldo
09-22-2007, 11:58 PM
Thanks for the list, I love vectoral :D

McMurphy
09-23-2007, 03:35 PM
Hi,
Have You ever used exportal dedicated server as seedbox?
What can You say about it?

Update:
What do You think about 'Linux XXL VPS' from hosteurope?

McLovin
09-26-2007, 11:52 PM
www.kimsufi.com (http://www.kimsufi.com)

It is part of OVH (a French hosting company) and it is their cheapest dedicated server plan.

Intel Celeron 2.00 GHz
160 Go IDE / SATA2
256 Mo DDR
100 Mbps

how much bandwidth per month?

yooty
09-28-2007, 08:21 PM
vectoral for me

lessthanfour
10-01-2007, 02:28 AM
Took them about 2 weeks to setup my dedicated box @ Vectoral.. but it was definitely worth it. I have a Renacu model and it's working out great for me. Super fast!

koekie
10-01-2007, 10:07 AM
www.kimsufi.com (http://www.kimsufi.com)

Intel Celeron 2.00 GHz
160 Go IDE / SATA2
256 Mo DDR
100 Mbps

yea i would like to know how much bandwith this one has

JA
10-03-2007, 06:40 AM

yea i would like to know how much bandwith this one has
I'd say unmetered...

cuongnet
10-03-2007, 09:12 AM
If this is true, then it would make some people who have been critizicing SQ by donning the First Suite Class as 'R" class silent.http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/images/smileys/redface2.gif

ifkstab
10-03-2007, 10:04 PM
I have a hosting-ie that worked pretty good for a month. Every now and then it would be slow both uploading and downloading, but then it'd have normal speeds again within 12 hours. For the past few days I've had speedtests for downloading between 10-30 mb/s but the upload never got above 1 mb/s. When putting in a support ticket here was there response:

hello

we had an quick look to your Server Sir an it looks there is some corruptions
For the server in managed level 1 the quickest and cheapest way to resolve all would be an total re installation
for 17 euro one time fee, all will be set on default back as in first day of purchase

Please let us know if you would like to go for it
Best Regards

Kind of rediculous in my opinion after a $110 setup fee, but not much i can do and of course this happened the day after I payed for the next month. Just some info for anyone thinking about hosting-ie.

TOrrentersOne
10-05-2007, 01:08 AM
I have a hosting-ie that worked pretty good for a month. Every now and then it would be slow both uploading and downloading, but then it'd have normal speeds again within 12 hours. For the past few days I've had speedtests for downloading between 10-30 mb/s but the upload never got above 1 mb/s. When putting in a support ticket here was there response:

hello

For the server in managed level 1 the quickest and cheapest way to resolve all would be an total re installation
for 17 euro one time fee, all will be set on default back as in first day of purchase

Best Regards

Kind of rediculous in my opinion after a $110 setup fee, but not much i can do and of course this happened the day after I payed for the next month. Just some info for anyone thinking about hosting-ie.I had totally the same problem with one of my dedicated boxes with Hosting-ie.com
But i did use 14 TB this month :)))

So I think it is still worthed to pay 17 euro to reinstall the server and keep use it .

jnbegnoche (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../members/jnbegnoche-138925)

How much you did use?
Chears

ifkstab
10-05-2007, 02:38 AM
I maybe used 2.5 TB, if even that, they also charge some kind of taxes on the box that adds another $10-15 and I'm in the us, so it would've been cheaper for me to get a vectoral with 2 TB bandwidth.

TOrrentersOne
10-05-2007, 03:46 AM
I maybe used 2.5 TB, if even that, they also charge some kind of taxes on the box that adds another $10-15 and I'm in the us, so it would've been cheaper for me to get a vectoral with 2 TB bandwidth. Well I think you do some thing wrong, I have 3 dedic boxes there and each of them uses minimum of 4 TB per month, and they are fine, except theone with 14 TB this month :))).

Try to replace IP's I have 4 on each server, and replacing them time to time

Blueforrest
10-05-2007, 10:43 AM
Just signed up with Leaseweb but the final step of confirmation asks for either a signed fax or email a signed copy back.

Anyway around this? I don't have a fax/scanner/printer. Thanks.

wa2ool
10-07-2007, 06:52 PM
please i need help with something
when i choose seed box with windows or linux os what is the difference?
i mean if i choosed linux do i have to install the same os on my pc??
or its just about using the seed box
please let me know
thanks

ifkstab
10-09-2007, 01:43 AM
please i need help with something
when i choose seed box with windows or linux os what is the difference?
i mean if i choosed linux do i have to install the same os on my pc??
or its just about using the seed box
please let me know
thanks

that would be the os on the server. You can use whatever os on your home computer that you want, just have to use different tools on your own computer and install different programs on the server. For example on a linux os you would need to run putty, an ftp program, and possibly a vnc viewer on your computer. You would then either need to run a linux torrent client or run utorrent through wine. With windows you can just use a remote desktop connection, an ftp program and install everything on the server as you would on your home computer.

NPAX1
10-11-2007, 08:37 PM
Hello,
I was looking to buy a SeedBox from LeaseWeb, but I'm having trouble deciding on a package. Could anyone list a package they've purchased from LeaseWeb before, the total cost, and their experience with it (Good, Bad, Etc).

Also, does LeaseWeb technically "allow" torrents, and if they don't, does anyone have any tips to stay under the radar? I'd really appreciate any help with this.

Fibre
10-12-2007, 06:45 AM
Hello,
I was looking to buy a SeedBox from LeaseWeb

Leaseweb are one of the best, if not THE BEST. They certainly aren't the cheapest :)

Windows: http://www.leaseweb.com/index.php?p=dedicatedexpress

Debian: http://www.leaseweb.com/index.php?p=dedicatedplesk

They allow torrents :) I have never heard of someone being disabled for torrenting @ LeaseWeb!

davidw89
10-14-2007, 03:05 PM
Which one is more noob friendly and easier to configure? Windows or Debian?

hosting-ie

Dedic Raptor Pro Lin 581

the speed is probably shit..so u can upload/download as much as u want full speed

kfedka
10-15-2007, 01:10 AM

hello

Best Regards

Kind of rediculous in my opinion after a $110 setup fee, but not much i can do and of course this happened the day after I payed for the next month. Just some info for anyone thinking about hosting-ie.I had totally the same problem with one of my dedicated boxes with Hosting-ie.com
But i did use 14 TB this month :)))

So I think it is still worthed to pay 17 euro to reinstall the server and keep use it .

jnbegnoche (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../members/jnbegnoche-138925)

How much you did use?
Chears

Was this a dedicated that you got 14 tb off of?

bamesah
10-15-2007, 04:28 AM
wow, very interesrting topic, a good topic to understand about diff. seedboxes

cyantific
10-15-2007, 06:50 AM
thanks for all the great info, gonna check out leaseweb and vectoral.

fantasyx72
10-21-2007, 03:47 PM
good thread man

connector
10-22-2007, 08:53 AM
I'm a noob here, thinking of setting up a seedbox, so thanks for all the great advice in this thread!

I was looking at leaseweb today, they have a package that comes with Debian preinstalled. Would all I have to do is install ftp & wine & utorrent (utorrent is my preference) to be up and running then? Seems pretty easy.

The bandwidth is only 500GB though. Just to clarify for noob sake, that means if I sent 100GB to the server to start seeding with, I've just used up 100GB of my 500GB correct? All incoming and outgoing traffic count towards that 500GB bandwidth, right?

superseed101
10-22-2007, 09:01 AM
yes it would count towards your 500 gb and if your seeding i reccomend getting more than 500gb get unlimited if you can

davidw89
10-22-2007, 09:39 AM
Hey which one should i go at Vectoral (are these window based o/s)?

Zephyr by http://www.vectoral.info/secure/images/site/icons/logo-dell.jpg

Pre-order only!

http://www.vectoral.info/secure/images/site/cpu/pentium4HT.gif

Intel® Pentium™ IV 2.4 GHZ
1024MB DDR-RAM
80GB 7.2K RPM IDE-HDD
3000GB Bandwidth

http://www.vectoral.info/secure/images/site/buttons/order.gif (https://secure.vectoral.info/order.php?step=2&pid=0000000010) Monthly: $84.95 - Setup fee: $19.95

VF$Bandwidth by http://www.vectoral.info/secure/images/site/icons/logo-dell.jpg

Pre-order only!

http://www.vectoral.info/secure/images/site/cpu/pentium4HT.gif
Intel® Pentium™ IV 2.4 GHZ
1024MB DDR-RAM
250GB 7.2K RPM IDE-HDD
3000GB Bandwidth
http://www.vectoral.info/secure/images/site/buttons/order.gif (https://secure.vectoral.info/order.php?step=2&pid=0000000025) Monthly: $94.95 - Setup fee: $19.95

Alterna

Pre-order only!

http://www.vectoral.info/secure/images/site/cpu/athlonXP.gif
AMD Athlon™ 2800+
1536MB DDR-RAM
2 x 120GB 7.2K RPM IDE-HDD
3000GB Bandwidth
http://www.vectoral.info/secure/images/site/buttons/order.gif (https://secure.vectoral.info/order.php?step=2&pid=0000000012) Monthly: $99.95 - Setup fee: $19.95

Having trouble decide whether to go on the higher plan or not? What happens if i go over 3TB bandwidth? Do they cap you or something?

Hey guys found this site..too good to be true?
https://my.adiungo.com/store/

connector
10-22-2007, 09:41 AM
yes it would count towards your 500 gb and if your seeding i reccomend getting more than 500gb get unlimited if you canThanks for clearing that up, ss101. My price range is around $65. Can I get unlimited for that? I haven't seen it anywhere.

Thodwras
10-22-2007, 07:25 PM
Thank you!! It is really useful

tedthetank
11-01-2007, 06:07 PM
How important is seedbox location when picking out a seedbox?I've noticed a few people go with softlayer or layeredtech which are both in the US. If you reside in the US, getting an euro seedbox might be a bit safer? The speeds aren't always so great though I guess. I'm in the US and am thinking of going with softlayer/layered tech but i'm not sure.

myself123
11-01-2007, 11:04 PM
Thank you

phpcodemonkey
11-03-2007, 01:36 PM
I have had great success with leaseweb and vectoral. But in the end i believe leaseweb is better.

boobly
11-14-2007, 07:30 PM
I wouldn't recommend keyweb their speeds aren't that great for the money

IGetMoney
11-14-2007, 09:47 PM
so if i get a seed box....I have Windows vista it says something about linux lol is it going to install that over it I NEED HElp

Bad Blue Boy
11-15-2007, 06:08 PM
Guys i am thinking off getting a unlimited seedbox!!!
it has to have 4 ips and i has to be unlimited can i get one for 140 $ maybe!!! do you now some good offers thx

zoryx
11-15-2007, 09:18 PM
10*
:) thanks alot

Wormtail
11-15-2007, 11:16 PM
can someone say something about ovh.es ou ovh.fr ? I want to rent a server there

JA
11-16-2007, 10:46 AM
yes it would count towards your 500 gb and if your seeding i reccomend getting more than 500gb get unlimited if you canThanks for clearing that up, ss101. My price range is around $65. Can I get unlimited for that? I haven't seen it anywhere.
No you can't, and if you do find one, it would either have terrible speeds, not truely be 100/100 MB unmetered...

True unmetered 100/100 or even GB servers go into the thousands easily... =] I suggest you buy a 1TB B/W server somewhere with that price range, then get a shit unreliable server that supposedly has u/m b/w.

TechnoMan80
11-21-2007, 08:04 PM
Hi lads

I've just ordered from hosting-ie.com dedicated one

Dedic Raptor Pro Lin 572 with dual core cpu
(they had some discaunt :) )

does someone had any experience with that servers from hosting-ie

Chears

luckylittle
11-23-2007, 11:05 AM
I made list with most exciting dedicated servers:

http://eurekawebhosting.com/specials.html
https://www.bestofdata.com/
http://www.cbras.com/?p=dedicado&l=en
http://corenetworks.net/dedicated/
http://www.layeredtech.com/dedicated-servers/specials.php
http://dediboxinternational.com/
http://www.netrackservers.com/hostingsolutions-dedicated-servers.html
http://dedihostplus.com/
http://exportal.pl/
http://seedboxhosting.com/seedbox/
http://www.giga-international.com/angebote.php
http://hetzner.de/rootserver_en.html
http://www.jhservers.com/
http://keyweb.de/dedicated/index.shtml
http://www.leaseweb.com/
http://www.leeware.com/product.html
http://www.meganetserve.com/index.html
http://www.moxiehosting.com/services/ded/
http://www.mydediserver.com/
http://www.netdirect.de/
http://shinjiru.com/
http://www.ovh.com/
http://www.pacificrack.com/dedicated.html
http://rebelhosting.net/dedicated.html
http://www.softlayer.com/
https://www.vectoral.info/servers.htm
http://www.volumedrive.com/dedicated/
http://hosting-ie.com/
http://www.ait.com/dedicated-hosting.php
https://www.webtropia.com/home/root-server.html
http://www.zenex5ive.com/hotdeals.php?page=unmetered

quakie
11-28-2007, 01:29 PM
Hi!

Thinking about getting:--> http://www.leaseweb.com/index.php?p=express3

Any good? I will probably share with a couple of others.

Should I be worried concerning the Brein-case?

sheers
11-28-2007, 02:33 PM
Nice Work

I bought a VPS hosting in-ie.com, I wanted to know how long take activate the VPS?

Regards sheers. :)

Fibre
11-29-2007, 01:08 AM
Hi!

Thinking about getting:--> http://www.leaseweb.com/index.php?p=express3

Any good? I will probably share with a couple of others.

Should I be worried concerning the Brein-case?

Great server. No need to worry about anything :)

N4riX
12-04-2007, 08:43 PM
great thread btw, I have read alot of great advice. I am thinking of getting a seedbox but have a few questions. I'm a little confused on which control panel i should use (cPanel or Plesk) and if I should buy it installed or not. I have a little experience with linux so i want to run linux on the server side but control it with my mac. Any ideas here. I think I have settled on the Vectoral Zephyr Intel® Pentium IV 2.4 GHZ, 1024MB DDR-RAM, 80GB HDD and 3000GB bandwidth. For $85/month would there be a better option for me. Any advice would be really appreciated. Thanks

yooty
12-05-2007, 04:03 PM
49pence.com 5TB £39+£19 set-up

N4riX
12-06-2007, 07:20 AM
that looks very interesting yooty, thanks.

cocalait
12-06-2007, 07:50 AM
What would be the minimum price to get a DECENT seedbox? (I'm not asking a Pentium II 233mhz with 64 RAM, something ACCEPTABLE let's say)

Magnum
12-06-2007, 04:16 PM
Very usefull information, I gonna get one of those very soon.:yup::yup::yup:

Rats
12-07-2007, 12:01 AM
What would be the minimum price to get a DECENT seedbox? (I'm not asking a Pentium II 233mhz with 64 RAM, something ACCEPTABLE let's say)

39 eur/month @ leaseweb

Fibre
12-07-2007, 12:17 AM
49pence.com 5TB £39+£19 set-up

Don't forget the VAT :)

troyk1
12-08-2007, 02:49 AM
http://www.ovh.com/fr/produits/start100m.xml (http://www.ovh.es/productos/start100m.xml)

anyone know french? (neither bablefish or google translator work for some reason) they're offering a dedicated server with a 250gig HD unmetered for 43 euros...
or you can get a 750gig HD for 53 euros.
AND they come with windows server free of charge.... which from what I understand is a lot easier to run utorrent with the remote desktop control.....
anyone used one of these before and know if they're torrent friendly (even torrent oblivious would be fine with me:)

Fibre
12-10-2007, 02:03 AM
@troyk1 (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../members/troyk1-185558): You need to live in France to purchase.

N4riX
12-12-2007, 06:07 PM
Hey guys i just got my seedbox up and running. What i thought was i'd just log in and i would figure it out from there. Well thats not the case. I'm having issues figuring this out. If someone would be so kind as to help me get this off the ground, it would be very much appreciated. thanks

- Intel Pentium 4 (630) - 3.00GHz
- 1GB Memory
- 160GB 7200rpm Hard Disk
- CentOS 5.0
- cPanel Inc cPanel
- 5.0 TB Bandwidth

got it going nvm

Fibre
12-13-2007, 03:33 PM
Just a word of warning, if you don't have any Linux experience, don't bother getting a Linux O/S :)

axxs
12-14-2007, 05:17 PM
Great excellent guide thanks a lot

DavidJCD
12-15-2007, 06:43 PM
Excellent info.Thanks!!

RoelMPV
12-18-2007, 10:14 PM
I would seriously recommend gservers.nl

It has good support and cheap packages!

I got myself a VPS,

Unmetered 100MBiT internet connection ( shared 1:6 )
Speeds at night over 8MB/s and during daytime 4MB/s.
512MB RAM
Win2k3 SP2
30GB HDD.

All for less than 80 euros per month and no setup costs!

Papps78
12-19-2007, 12:28 AM
I would seriously recommend gservers.nl

It has good support and cheap packages!

I got myself a VPS,

Unmetered 100MBiT internet connection ( shared 1:6 )
Speeds at night over 8MB/s and during daytime 4MB/s.
512MB RAM
Win2k3 SP2
30GB HDD.

All for less than 80 euros per month and no setup costs!

It's quite a lot, as it has only 30 Gbs HDD, and not very much ram.

barakokula
12-19-2007, 03:37 PM
Hi guys,i'm planning on getting a seedbox and i have a dilemma...the seedbox would be used mainly to buffer elektronik and tt accounts through rss. So,that means around 100 active,small torrents at any time . My dilemma is-is 512mb enough for that amount of torrents? Or should i go for the 1gb ram one?

I was thinking of getting a hosting-ie server,raptor5 (http://hosting-ie.com/content/view/27/64/) or raptor1+ (http://hosting-ie.com/content/view/29/66/) .

Also,Linux or win-can this systems handle win and that amount of torrents,in your opinion ? Does any 'seedbox' torrent client have an option to stop seeding a torrent after specific time,say 5 hours it seeds it,than stops...I'm an azureus user so i don't know much about other clients.

Noob as i am,any help is greatly appreciated. :)

esoterik
12-20-2007, 12:31 AM
I just got a seedbox, and let me tell you, they are awesome!

RoelMPV
12-20-2007, 11:28 AM
I too just ordered a VPS at Hosting-Ie.com since they are soooo cheap :-)

Been waiting for 10 hours now, login info hasnt arrived yet.
Hopefully it will soon

Wormtail
12-20-2007, 01:11 PM
Just have a doubt, hosting.ie is vps or dedicated ? the ppl who have servers there, can you talk about speeds,etc ?

showbox
12-21-2007, 03:28 AM
I too just ordered a VPS at Hosting-Ie.com since they are soooo cheap :-)

Been waiting for 10 hours now, login info hasnt arrived yet.
Hopefully it will soon

i heard that i maybe take 2 weeks 2 get ur info .. cuz there isn't fee setup :unsure: happy waiting

TechnoMan80
12-24-2007, 03:32 AM
Look at

http://hosting-ie.com/content/view/34/75/
Dedic Raptor Pro Lin 581

they reduced setup price from 79 to 29 .
probably for Christmas :)

dineshreddy
12-24-2007, 04:17 AM
it's useful thx

KFlint
01-08-2008, 04:06 PM
edit

McLovin
01-15-2008, 03:32 AM
what's the safest country to have a seedbox located in?

bigdaddykane
01-15-2008, 09:21 AM
there is really no safe country m8 just the company you will be doing buisness with .

onlinenoob
01-21-2008, 05:58 AM
If i had to pick two, it would be Sweden or Netherlands.

CaiserSUZA
01-24-2008, 12:19 AM
Look at

Dedic Raptor Pro Lin 581

probably for Christmas http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../images/smilies/smile.gif

Got it :) 2 days a go

AWESOME !

Aaygo
01-24-2008, 07:39 PM
looks like I'm going to get a seedbox afterall, reading the thread as I'm typing ^.^

AmpeD
01-25-2008, 02:04 AM
zaxihosting is excellent
i get 5mb/s upload consistently for 36 usd/month
dedicated too

TechnoMan80
02-04-2008, 03:50 AM
Re: BT Dedicated Server/Seedbox
Quote:
Look at

Dedic Raptor Pro Lin 581

probably for Christmas http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../../images/smilies/smile.gif
Got it http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../images/smilies/smile.gif 2 days a go

AWESOME !

yeah they are getting quicker now

xjosephx
02-15-2008, 02:06 AM
thanks this was really helpful thumbs up to you

gan.nez
02-15-2008, 09:30 AM
jepp thanks for this thread; finding the perfect seedbox is hard

maddoma
02-19-2008, 12:56 AM
Holy crap. I just spent the last few days off and on reading this whole thread. I want a seedbox more than ever, and am more confused than ever. More research I guess...but thanks for all the great info.

NorBis
02-21-2008, 01:59 PM
wow......sweet ty for this thread

alfry1010
02-21-2008, 02:04 PM
thanks i think of buying a seedbox =)

Quarter
03-07-2008, 07:32 PM
Nice guide, I'm considering buying a box soon.

wabbitslayer
03-07-2008, 09:58 PM
Nice guide, I'm considering buying a box soon.

do it NOW.

mine has been up for one day, 100gb buffer at TL already...:fst:

hafzon
03-08-2008, 12:47 PM
use ovh or leaseweb

Aliyans
03-12-2008, 10:40 AM
hi
if u can get ovh that the cheapest available with ur needed spec..but leaseweb bandwidth restction u may reach ur badwidth in 2-3 days depending on ur use 2TB only..i signed up with rapidswitch they given me 10 TB/69£ ..not so cheap..1gb ram ..100 mbt speed..will see whether i can make use of it

chamaeleo
03-12-2008, 11:37 AM
glad to hear Holland still considered safe but mind how this develops with FIOD (tax investigation unit, the Netherlands) roaring it's ugly head lately.

If i had to pick two, it would be Sweden or Netherlands.

onkyophilips
03-14-2008, 08:39 PM
Very nice guide. Thanks.

cstrik3
03-15-2008, 12:36 AM
Nice man! Congrats for guide!

Alfonso
03-15-2008, 01:30 AM
Paying for p2p lol.

RedHot
03-18-2008, 08:52 AM
10x for this gr8 guide.

hanxuecom
03-19-2008, 12:49 PM
good post,thank you

loubarlow
03-23-2008, 02:24 PM
I would seriously advise giving hosting-ie a wide berth. As has been mentioned, don't expect anything in the way of customer service - they decided to change my log-in and password details without telling me, so upon reinstalling my server over the weekend, I haven't been able to log-in to anything, meaning my sites have been down all weekend as they don't have any customer service working.

You get what you pay for folks.

THEWHO27
03-25-2008, 06:55 AM
http://eurekawebhosting.com/index.html

ive ordered from these guys over 48 hrs ago have not had a single reply . any one used these guys getting worried

also whats the difference between windows web 2003 and Plesk windows web 2003

THEWHO27
03-27-2008, 06:42 PM
have not recived anything from them guys WARNING TO U ALL DO NOT AND I MEAN TRUTHFULLY DO NOT ORDER FROM EUREKA RIP OFF PAID THEM HAVE NOT GOT NOTHING BACK REPRTED THEM TO PAY PAL :angry::angry::angry:

gvalfer
03-29-2008, 01:47 AM
Take much time to activate the VPS hosting-ie?

respond me please

ehsanotaku
03-30-2008, 08:09 PM
Bookmarked ~ MIght be needed , who nows lol

TechnoMan80
05-17-2008, 03:44 AM
Take much time to activate the VPS hosting-ie?

right now it takes 3-4 days as far i know

wmumascot
05-19-2008, 05:49 AM
Take much time to activate the VPS hosting-ie? right now it takes 3-4 days as far i know

That's some Bull :angry:
I'm almost 2 weeks out and still have messages posted in the support links that they haven't responded to yet. The one message I do get a reply back from, is when I told them I would be contacting PayPal to report them, and my BANK to have the charges reversed :naughty:

Tech support contacted me back in 5 minutes once I threatened them with contacting PayPal..... now I have to re-send a copy of my ID in order to get my server :frusty:

The only reason why I'm going through all the trouble and waiting is that I've heard that you can get almost 15-17TB worth of bandwidth from them :cool:

I'll know for sure by the 21st of May, because that's the deadline I've given them before I contact PayPal to get my money back:shifty:

TechnoMan80
05-23-2008, 06:23 AM
wmumascot (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../members/wmumascot-172695)did you got your server finally ? :)

I think it depends what Server are you ordering, i've hear here lads are getting in 2-3 days, some got in same day :)) some are waiting for 3 weeks, So I think the best Idea is to ask them what is the ETA for the setup.
before ordering

P.S.

Tech support contacted me back in 5 minutes once I threatened them with contacting PayPal..... now I have to re-send a copy of my ID in order to get my serverthe best way is to pay with paypal, then they don't' ask for any ID or contract .

Quintus
05-29-2008, 11:33 AM
Hello guys, i remember in that seedbox list i saw expensive servers, but in country where you can host piratic materials due to their law. If someone remember that please PM me

MdbK
05-29-2008, 11:12 PM
Excellent guide. Thanks.. :happy:

Lincoln
06-04-2008, 08:41 PM
It's about time for an update to the list.

lavakille
06-05-2008, 06:15 PM
Very good guide!

TechnoMan80
06-06-2008, 05:23 AM
Hello guys, i remember in that seedbox list i saw expensive servers, but in country where you can host piratic materials due to their law. If someone remember that please PM me Russia :)))

they do not mind
Russian low do not cares what happens online, :)
but
they do care about traffic so you will pay 4-5 times more than in any EU country
so it is better to find some safe company

I'm with hosting-ie for a while now and all looks fine,
got cutted few times and worst happened was I had to reformat server fully:)

Note
06-11-2008, 02:10 PM
thanks

imperio
06-22-2008, 02:19 PM
Leaseweb

http://www.tr-ance.com/images/torrent.PNG

TOrrentersOne
07-11-2008, 02:40 PM
there isn't better company for torrenting at the moment than hosting-ie

People uses about 10 TB traffic

Bitlord
04-12-2009, 03:26 AM
thnx that was very useful

tamil2007
05-07-2009, 01:54 AM
hello,
i was wondering how to make it soo each user has there own space and limits to active torrents