PDA

View Full Version : Hulk

thegroggman
05-22-2003, 06:26 AM
Hello fellow forum members. Ok...before I start this Im going to lay some ground rules:

1. Do not post, "Is it out yet?" or "Is it on Kazaa yet" ...or anything to that accord. When there is a cam, or telesync available...you will know...by reading through the forum.
2. Do not ask to trade files. This is a sharing community...go trade somewhere else.
3. Do not do #1 or 2.

Ok now onto what you can do:

4. Discuss rumors about the Hulk film
5. Post rumors...such as files on IRC, Bittorrent etc...
6. Say whether its gonna be great or crap.
7. Compare it to other films.
8. Really anything...as long as its not 1 or 2

Ok...now onto the Hulk...some general information...

The film itself is simply titled 'HULK' not 'The Incredible Hulk'
It is directed by Ang Lee, of Crouching Tiger/Hidden Dragon Fame (if you watch the BMW film directed by Lee youll notice an allusion to the HULK...if youve seen it you know what Im talking about...)
-It stars Eric Bana as Bruce Banner, I remember him most from Black Hawk Down.
-Jennifer Connely plays Betty Ross, was in both A Beautiful Mind and Requiem for a Dream, among many other films.
-The plot of the film, diverges from the comic quite a bit. In the comic Bruce was merely transformed by a gamma blast into the green goliath. In the film however (from what Ive gathered from the trailers and Harry Knowles review of the script) Bruce is actually genetically tested on by his father. And there is 'something inside of him' ...which is then consequently released by the gamma blast.
-The Hulk also difers size wise in this film. In the comics, at his largest HULK was around 10 ft tall (and that was very rarely) but based on some inside info (box of Hulk Cereal...no joke) he gets up to 15 ft in this film.
-To see the Hulk trailers journey over to the official site (http://www.thehulk.com/index_flash.html). In total there have been 3 teasers, one tv spot, and 2 trailers (one international, the other domestic).
-Currently Ang Lee is still working on finishing touches of the film, and will be until the end of May.
-The release date is June 20.
-And no...there are no copies of this film...none..so dont ask..remember rule 1!

Ok, thats it for now. Enjoy...

thegroggman
05-22-2003, 07:07 AM
Ok...I deciced to add this pic off of AICN (http://www.aintitcoolnews.com) ...I thought it really shows off how good the hulk looks in this film...
http://www.aintitcoolnews.com/image/hulkPISSED.jpg
Oh and the brown stuff on him...well HULK has just climbed out of the sewers...so Im guessing... :x

huuramis
05-22-2003, 08:03 AM
hehehe this movie looks good =D cant wait for it. oh btw, WHERE IS THE SCREENER ? :rolleyes:

huuramis
05-22-2003, 08:08 AM
oh dude, can u help me with some info, like gimmi a site telling ya all bout da hulk.. cause like i wanna know if hes a bad guy, or a good guy, or like if hes evil n shit like that =DD

-=Cyrus=-
05-22-2003, 08:11 AM
Hi huuramis, there is NO screener!!! and no real copies on kazaa yet so you will have to wait till it comes out before you find a copy. Also for the info just try the official website or do searches in google, you might find what your lookin for there :)

Oh, it does look cool, sum shots of the Hulk in the trailer looks bad like it still needs work...hopefully when it comes out it will all be fine :)

thegroggman
05-22-2003, 08:19 AM
lol...nice to finally see people using this...hope it continues...oh and thx for breaking the cardinal rule huuramis
hehehe this movie looks good =D cant wait for it. oh btw, WHERE IS THE SCREENER ? You bas...lol..just j/k. I know you were goofing, but I really dont want any noobs coming in here, adn really asking for it. As for where to find info...well I already gave the link to the movies website. If you want to find out more about the comic Hulk just google it...now...ok...Im about to qoute Harry Knowles review of the script...but I warn there are spoilers in it...nothing major...but if you want to go into this movie fresh...dont read this...here we go:

Harry provides the first look anywhere at the shooting script for Ang Lee's THE HULK by James Schamus!
When HULK went into production, I got a call from Avi Arad, I forget what he was calling me about, actually I think he was calling me regarding something having to do with Guillermo Del Toro. Anyway, as a conversation with Avi usually goes, Avi is usually excited, yet guarded… And as we went down the list of Marvel properties, I expressed my concern about the David Hayter draft of HULK, which was just terrible. He assured me that the HULK script that James Schamus and Ang Lee had put together was the best thing ever to happen to a Marvel property. I believe I said something like, “Well, I’ll see about that!” And that’s when Avi’s voice became absolutely serious… “You Will NEVER Read This Script!” “but” “Never, You Will Not Get This One!”
Hehehehe…
Earlier today, when I wrote up the tiny piece about Alfred Molina being confirmed as DR OCTOPUS in THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN… I dropped a sentence in there that said: “Just read THE HULK shooting script, more on that later…” Not 20 minutes goes by before my phone rings and what should I see on the caller i.d.?
TOY BIZ
Hehehehe…
It was Avi Arad. He was calling to find out what I thought of THE HULK shooting script. I could have played it icy and told him to wait like everyone else, but frankly… Avi is just about the only other person on the planet I know, that I could geek out about this script with that would know what the hell I was talking about. We were so into talking about the script and what Ang has done with the script, that we barely talked about anything else. Though… expect Kiefer Sutherland to be playing someone in the Marvel Universe soon… Possibly Leonardo DiCaprio too… Oh and did you know that Academy Award nominated screenwriter Robert Nelson Jacobs (CHOCOLAT & THE SHIPPING NEWS) is the screenwriter on WEREWOLF BY NIGHT? I seemed to have missed that one. Oh and expect THING hands when FANTASTIC FOUR comes out, that one is happening very soon now he tells me. Fox is no longer afraid to commit the money necessary to make the film the way it needs to be made. ABOUT BLOODY TIME!!! Just do it PERIOD too!
So enough of that… you want to know about THE HULK.
Well, be patient. I waited for nearly a day and a half before cracking open THE HULK to read. I was scared. I don’t want to be the one to tell folks… this is where Marvel’s streak ends. I don’t want that streak to end. I don’t want to have to write a single angry editorial about a Marvel film, I want an endless stream of smart fantasy, sci-fi, horror films with that MARVEL logo. Crossing all the studio stamps, I want these films done right.
When I finally sat down to read it, I cracked the title page which carries no screenwriting credit. Just the title and a series of revisions: 1-7-02, 2-1-02, 2-19-02, 3-15-02, 4-2-02, 4-11-02 and 4-27-02. That final one was a “Buff Revision”
The script starts with:
“Oh soul, be changed to little water drops
And fall into the ocean, never be found.”
-- Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
THE HULK as envisioned in this script is an epic tragedy of modern man on the cusp of brilliance and downfall. Originally the character was based on Robert Louis Stevenson’s DR JEKYLL & MR HYDE. Schamus gets that, but rather than base it merely upon Stan Lee and Jack Kirby’s super-empowered ID monster, he married the concept with a bit of Mary Shelly’s FRANKENSTEIN… The father that does not take responsibility for his creation. PLUS there is a true feeling and overriding ethos to the script regarding the ‘sins of the father’.
There are deep hidden flaws in the mind of Bruce Banner. Bruce’s problems don’t begin with that Gamma Explosion… He’s got problems long before that. Problems, problems he doesn’t even know. Not merely bio-chemical issues, but scar tissue in the psyche. Pain, fury and anger so base, so buried in his mind that he can not even speak of it, think of it or acknowledge it in any manner.
People have said, what’s so special about a big green super powered monster that leaps around?
Well, if that was the movie they made, I could defend it at a pure comic book level. This, this there is no need to ever make excuses for. This script is dense material. Remember CLASSIC ILLUSTRATED comics? Those comic book versions of great novels and plays? Think of this in reverse. This script version of THE HULK, this feels as though truly ingenious minds sat down and reverse engineered the original material, upon which the comics were drawn.
This is a script that has long character monologues, that are great. Witty back and forth dialogue that isn’t banter, its classic and classy.
In the first 4 pages, at lightning speed we’re told the beginnings in sparse details. Nuggets, micro-pieces assembled to make us understand a bit of the horror involved. The story begins in 1965… yeah… 1965 with David Banner working at the top secret DESERT BASE on his own genetic experiments. As all over-eager achievers must do, he defies ethics for his own personal reasons, and gets slapped for it.
We next step up to 1986. A teenage Bruce Banner, paralyzed by his own crippling fear of striking out. Why, I’ll let you discover later in a theater, but that conflict in him… it is a terrible thing.
We move to present day.
He doesn’t know his name, his first 5 years, his parents… a blank. He doesn’t care. He is a scientist. He’s in love with Betty Ross, a fellow scientist. They have had a relationship, it didn’t work out. Something about his inability to give of himself. He yearns but is closed off. We join the scene already in progress, it doesn’t start with the beginning, but with the response, the rebuttal, and frankly it is all we need to understand that Betty loves a flawed great man who can’t love himself or anyone else… and in Bruce we see that is not entirely true… that he is in fact paralyzed by fear. A fear he doesn’t understand, and is unwilling to understand.
This is a film where dreams mean things. There are symbols to ponder, feelings to unleash… All of this having nothing to do with THE HULK, but everything to do with being THE HULK.
Why does the HULK hate Banner, but do mainly good?
Why is Banner intimidated by authority figures?
Why is Banner driven?
What is Banner hiding?
He doesn’t know himself and he’s not looking to learn, he’s got his work. The grind, the obsessions, the dreams he can realize, not the dreams he can’t understand.
You’re probably wondering about HULK DOGS right about now.
The toy you saw online, that was the poodle. There is a Pit Bull and a Mastiff that hulk out. They are, BARELY, in the film. They are used in the first combat scene with the Hulk, and it is so he can fully and brutally unleash upon them. The scene is a night scene, in the Redwood Forest and it is bloody and cruel. The Hulk rips, tears and breaks them, the bite down and rip at him. A very short sequence, but it could be cool, ESPECIALLY since it is a shadow and dark sequence. It is a heroic sequence and the first time the Hulk understands what he can do. If it sucks, it’ll be over quickly. If it super-cool, there won’t be enough. There is no middle ground there.
There are many fights, with many different types of things. Futuristic weaponry, traditional weaponry and even a superhuman foe.
However, that’s not what I’m excited about right now. I’m excited by the dramatics and the material that is here for these actors to deliver. Bana has some tough scenes. Connelly is asked to handle some tough dramatic moments. Nick Nolte… well, if Nick Nolte delivers on his role, whew… great stuff here. Here’s a little moment from when Betty Ross confronts Nick Nolte’s David Banner character, you hear a part of this in the trailer… I’ll give you a bit more. This is delivered in a room between Nolte and Connelly. There are 3 snarling dogs in the room and Banner is BEING intimidating:
David Banner
My son is…unique. Impossible for you to
relate to. And because he is unique the
world will not tolerate his existence
will they? But you try, don’t you? And a
beautiful woman like you, your attentions
can’t be completely unwanted, can they?
Not with eyes like yours, watching
expectantly, lovingly.
The scene does escalate from there, but I like that. It is sinister, without the moustache twirl. And Nolte’s character is absolutely fascinating. He is operating from his own twisted sense of logic and purpose. If you were him, his decisions make complete sense, he’s a completely realized flawed character in here. He’s been wronged, he believes, and he’s acting out on that. And it has the makings of a great cinematic character.
This HULK script does not represent the Hulk from the comics, you can see that here, but this isn’t a story taken from the pages of… Tales To Astonish or THE INCREDIBLE HULK. This isn’t the T.V. show or any of the cartoons. This script represents an intellectual filmmaker and screenwriter using the character as a jumping off point to something more than just the character we know or the books we love.
The transformation scenes are described differently. I’m not real sure how it’ll translate, but the first time he transforms back:
And then, as if in a dream, Hulk begins to transform, back to Banner, as if the rain were washing him, back to himself.
I like that. The script is filled with that sort of stuff. The script sold me.
As for Avi Arad’s phone call today, they’ve screened the film for Universal’s executives as it is right now, and there was silence in the room for several minutes. They were stunned. This has far more beauty and poetry and poignancy and soul than we were expecting from the property. Avi told me that visually, that Ang has taken specific moments and panels from the history of the Hulk and given them a moving life he never really dreamt of. This is a film of loud moments, large moments, quiet ones and little ones. There are human beings in this movie trapped in a tragedy beyond their control. With forces that they can’t command. It has the potential to be a truly great film, not just a great comic book movie. In a strange way, it felt a bit like STARMAN to me… not sure why, it isn’t that story, but it had that sort of weight to it.
And that trailer… you haven’t seen anything yet. Really. You’ve seen nothing thus far. Good stuff...thats all for now true beleivers.

huuramis
05-22-2003, 03:51 PM
as if i would read that long ass thing, in my whole life i havent read not even 1 book, NOT 1! little own a movie script.. hehe.. yeahs i was just screwing round bout the screener dude, lol, but yeah, cant wait for the movie.. oh and btw, isnt it weird they chose eric banner as the hulk hey.

xvid2494
05-22-2003, 04:47 PM
If g roggman can show me the light on how to get a screenshot up so all you disbelievers can see then i will gladly learn and get it up there to share. RSVP groggman and ill put it up no bs ill do it ok??

thegroggman
05-22-2003, 04:48 PM
Yeah Huuramis it is kind of ironic that the guy playing the HULK has the exact same last name. Its also kind of weird that they picked a relative new star (at least here in the states) to take on the major role. But Im sure Ang Lee knew what he was doing :D

thegroggman
05-22-2003, 04:50 PM
OK xvid...ill try and stop people from flaming ya, if you can get a screenshot up....first though you have to tell me what format the movie itself is in (oh and you should have put this in the Official Hulk thread m8).

Edit: OH and the trading the file for others...thats a big no-no around here bro, we can show you how to get the HULK file hosted on Kazaa or Bittorrent and we'll tell you where you can get Reloaded (Bad Boys 2...nothing is out on that)...but this isnt a trading community, its a file sharing one.

Edit:To whoever merged the two threads THANK YOU! :D

xvid2494
05-22-2003, 05:12 PM
ok then groggman..i have the film on a dvd which is a telecine so my brother tells me. If u can show me then i will get it up there 4 all 2 share. So show me the way....cheers

GeeZa
05-22-2003, 05:20 PM
On the choosing of Eric Banner, his acting in Chopper was great, I think he will
do a great job in the movie, its gonna be good.

thegroggman
05-22-2003, 05:34 PM
Ok...so its a telecine on a dvd? So would I be wrong in guessing that the files on it are .vob files? (just explore the disc to check). Ok...if they are then go here (http://www.dvdrhelp.com/sefy/?id=ClassicalGuide.html). That will tell you how to convert your dvd film to a vcd (you dont need to do the section about making chapters unless you really want to)...which you can host for kazaa or for bittorrent. Now if you dont want to make such large files than you can convert it to the divx standard using the guide here (http://www.dvdrhelp.com/forum/userguides/78732.php). Either way youll have movie files (whether .mpg or .avi) Now to get it on kazaa...easy enough, just put it in your shared folder...then when you do. Open up sig2dat (All Programs->Kazaa Lite->Sig2Dat. Click 'Signature Calculation', select your file for calculation, mark the little oval that says 'normal style', highlight the file and click 'copy to clipboard'. And then paste that hash into here. Bittorrent well...if you want to that than just tel me and Ill help ya out. As for the picture capturing...how I normally do it, is that I have the files in .mpeg format, and use Premeire to capture a picture from the video file...Im sure there are other ways though.

Edit:This is a duh :blink: moment on my part, to capture screenshots from the .avi files just use VirtualDub

Edit:If they arent .vob files on the disc, than come pack here and post what type of files that they are (.dat, etc...)

huuramis
05-22-2003, 05:44 PM
hehe yeah eric banner is pretty cool acter, he was pretty good in black hawk down also.. whats this about the same last names ? i dunno what you talking bout ? ? eEeEEeeP!

Edit : dude, that avarter of the ball floating around.. made me go.. to.. zZzZZzzzZ ... '

lol

MetroStars
05-22-2003, 06:10 PM
This movie looks great.. I luv the size of the Hulk - how big do you think he is 12ft 14ft he is just huge...

and if you were the Hulk what would you smash i would go to the RIAA office bloks and smash them up good raaaaaaaaaa Hulk hate misnamers that's what i would say

thegroggman
05-22-2003, 06:22 PM
Hey Metro, well in the opening post of this thread, I stated that...apparently The HULK gets up to 15 ft in this movie...all I can say is...whoa! And If I were Hulk what would I smash? My ex-girlfriends car...lol..just j/k. Seriously though, id smash the computers of any of the posters who ask whether this film is out to download yet.

thegroggman
05-23-2003, 05:04 AM
Well I dont want this thread to dissapear off to the point of no return (pg. 2) so I got some info some of you may not know. The teaser for the Punisher film will be attached to the HULK film...
http://www.angelfire.com/alt/mecha1/punisher1.jpg

Jeez...finally got the pic too work...

Pitbul
05-23-2003, 05:36 AM
man this movie looks great. i cant wait for Spiderman 2 or 3 what ever cuz i want to see what Venom would look like. but the hulk looks amazing i was very impressed about how he lookes i thought it was gonna looke all crappy becuz he was made thur CGI but he looks very realistic

Pitbul
05-23-2003, 05:38 AM
i saw a screen shot of what The Punisher was gonna look like. its played by whats his face. he looks pretty cool.

thegroggman
05-23-2003, 05:58 AM
From unconfirmed reports Venom is going to be in Spiderman 3. The villian in Spiderman 2 will be Dr. Otto Octavius aka Dr. Octopus. Yeah I agree the cgi in Hulk is just...wow. When the first teaser came out...I wasnt too impressed. But now that theyve worked on him...wow. I mean you can actually see individual pores on his face. And the lighting on him has also gotten better. Yeah I saw the pic of Thomas Jane in Punisher gear...as a matter of fact...
http://www.angelfire.com/alt/mecha1/punisher.jpg

carbert
05-23-2003, 10:36 AM
can you tell me about this new Punisher movie or give me some links please? i never heard of it. Also, is there anywhere to download trailers, as i dont like watching the hulk ones off the official site. thx

thegroggman
05-23-2003, 02:41 PM
Funny Mountain Dew/Hulk commercial...good stuff :D

File:mtdewhulkgrouptherapy.mov
Length:2303331 Bytes,2249KB
UUHash:=7uoNI84YGsQD3QBcbbTPrmuFugk=

carbert
05-23-2003, 02:45 PM
is it just me, or does that pic of The Punisher look a hell of a lot like Ben Folds? :blink: :blink:

ok its just me....

J'Pol
05-23-2003, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by carbert@23 May 2003 - 15:45
is it just me, or does that pic of The Punisher look a hell of a lot like Ben Folds? :blink: :blink:

ok its just me....
I think it looks a lot like Christopher Lambert (Highlander)

thegroggman
05-23-2003, 10:19 PM
I agree with Jpaul that it does look like Lambert...and...a blonde Punisher...huh :huh: ...hope its good.

Pitbul
05-23-2003, 10:29 PM
oh yeah in regards to the blonde hair. he is actually gonna die his hair black for the movie. also he has a stomach. and the punisher doesn't. so he has ot go thur some training. i cant wait to see what its gonna look like. but im more to look into what Venom is gonna look like. i always have like Venom and Carnage better then Spider Man.

thegroggman
05-23-2003, 10:29 PM
can you tell me about this new Punisher movie or give me some links please? i never heard of it. Also, is there anywhere to download trailers, as i dont like watching the hulk ones off the official site. thx Whats up carbert...sorry I didnt notice your post earlier. Ok, to check out more info on Punisher go here (http://www.superherohype.com/punisher/). That should keep you up to date on the film. As for the HULK trailers...well here are the hashes for both the International and the Domestic ones. Excelsior! :D

File:hulk-international-tlr-m480.mov
Length:1 Bytes,0KB
UUHash:=vgAAAF8AAABk6UECvgDAAGTpQQI=

File:The Hulk Final.mov
Length:41486303 Bytes,40514KB
UUHash:=L30UeU5NAUhHjPxZ1QD2EhCOa00=

Jibbler
05-23-2003, 11:34 PM
Groggman, great job with this thread. I follow your posts everyday just to find a new Hulk screenshot in your sig. People do pay attention that shit. The new Punisher flick is what I'm really waiting for. Punisher was the single reason why I got into comics. However, to stay on track here, I'm very excited about the Hulk film. However, I don't know if I like the Ang Lee style that they went with. I have no problem with the CGI, though they did make him a little big. However, this film strikes me as being a bit artsy. Hopefully Stan Lee will keep our interest again. He never seems to disappoint. B)

Xvid, you're still full of shit. You don't have a copy of the Hulk. Ang Lee doesn't have a copy. Are you related to Killa Sin? :lol: :lol:

J'Pol
05-23-2003, 11:52 PM
LOL

I agree with Jibbler. Ongoing ShitFest

thegroggman
05-24-2003, 12:24 AM
Hey Jibb...thx for the pat on tha back man. Its really nice, specially coming from a senior board member like yourself. As for the sigs....Im glad people enjoy them. I still have a ton of them to work with, but what I really want to get my hand on is a pic of 'enemy' in this film. Im sure AICN will get one before the release date (or at least I hope so). Yeah I think the Punisher film has the ability to be a great film. The direct to video version that came out about 13 years ago was crap, but this one has a much higher budget, and if they make it real gritty (along the lines of the Blade films...but without the cgi or the humor) I think it would be a surefire hit. Yeah I agree with you about the Ang Lee story for the film. I mean this definitely looks like it is going to be the most thought provoking of all the films (whichis kind of ironic since the central character has the mind of a 4 year old)...but I have faith in Lee. Hes an excellent director, and Im sure he knew what he was doing. I mean Id love to see a direct translation of a comicbook film, but since I cant I dont mind the directors of these films (Ang Lee, Sam Raimi, Bryan Singer, etc...) inserting in there own vision of the character. Well...to a point...if they hadnt put in the purple pants I would be real angry (And you wouldnt like me when Im angry...). And yeah...so far there has not been any bad Marvel films. Some werent as good as others, but all were entertaining. Ok...Nuff Said.

thegroggman
05-24-2003, 06:41 AM
Hey webheads, got some new and pretty interesting stuff for you. The first is basically just a promotional spot for The HULK, but it does include some new shot so I thought you guys would like to see it. You can find it here (http://www.thehulk.com/video_wish_tv_spot.html). Or you can use this hash:

File: wish_hi.mov
Length: 3677586 Bytes,3591KB
UUHash: =lm8xiTtvNG9/pTgrKW11vUMwWzw=

Ok next up is something I found pretty cool. Another promotional vid, but its a real treat for people who want to see the film, but espechially for comic book fans (Im looking your guys way Jibbler and Schmiggy). I mean it even has Stan 'the man' Lee in it. Doesnt get much better than that. You can catch it here (http://www.thehulk.com/origin_hulk.html). Or use this hash:

File: hulk_regal_promo2_hi.mov
Length: 22576900 Bytes,22047KB
UUHash: =npAH6JOELhLIOmziiSd2n5j1AE4=

Ok, thats all for now true beleivers, later B)

Goldwheelz
05-24-2003, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by thegroggman@24 May 2003 - 07:41
Hey webheads, got some new and pretty interesting stuff for you. The first is basically just a promotional spot for The HULK, but it does include some new shot so I thought you guys would like to see it. You can find it here (http://www.thehulk.com/video_wish_tv_spot.html). Or you can use this hash:

Great spot, it looks AMAZING!! :D

Thanks for this Thread thegroggman B)

thegroggman
05-24-2003, 03:50 PM
You're welcome Goldwheelz :D Anywho, some new pics were posted from HULK...and ugh...here they are :huh: :
http://www.angelfire.com/alt/mecha1/movie1.jpg
http://www.angelfire.com/alt/mecha1/movie2.jpg
http://www.angelfire.com/alt/mecha1/movie3.jpg

Bruce with a beard....hmmm...my guess would be thats Bruce at the end of the film, probably on the run...

thegroggman
05-24-2003, 09:30 PM
Hey-O! Anywho...well....I have to keep this thread afloat...and well the news is running real thin on it today...so...well...read for yourself:

I heard today there will be a Hulk-a-thon on June 21st on ABC Family. 5 hours of the green meanie.

I know Ill have my vcr set to record that day B)

Jibbler
05-24-2003, 09:56 PM
Hell yeah! I'll set the TIVO to record! I'm getting the Hulk regal promo now.. still waiting on sources for the other. B)

BTW, who is the kid in the picture supposed to be?

kuperaye
05-24-2003, 11:08 PM
is it the 70s tv show or the Cartoon cuz if tv show i have to watch it cuz i might buy it on DVD

Pitbul
05-25-2003, 12:16 AM
i got a question real quick but Does how mad that he gest that determines how much bigger or stronger he get? or does he have a set hieght that he reaches?

thegroggman
05-25-2003, 01:54 AM
Ok...got some questions to answer...so let me jump right in...

BTW, who is the kid in the picture supposed to be? Well Jibb, the kid in question is actually Bruce when he was a child...they show some more of him in the Hulk Domestic trailer.

is it the 70s tv show or the Cartoon cuz if tv show i have to watch it cuz i might buy it on DVD Hey kuperaye, it is actually the cartoon that ran in the late 90's. As for the original tv show, Im pretty sure last time I checked there is a DVD collection out. I know Im going to buy it next time I see it :D

i got a question real quick but Does how mad that he gest that determines how much bigger or stronger he get? or does he have a set hieght that he reaches? Yes indead Pitbul...in the comics I dont remember him ever getting much above 10 ft, but the amount of anger he has does determine how large and strong he will become. Like in the comics when Betty died...man o man....I wouldnt have wanted to be anywhere near him...

Ok...thats it...later.

thegroggman
05-25-2003, 02:17 AM
Aghh...I gave out a port earlier on about which Supernode Im on, but its changed since then...so for any of the hashes Ive listed if you want to get the file Im on Supernode: 65.33.148.74:1128

For those of you who dont know how to change your Supernode (or check which one you're on for that matter, jsut run KaZupernode. Its real easy to use, and its in your Kazaa folder.

Ill try to stay on this Super for awhile, but If I change Ill be sure to edit this post :D

Yanks0826
05-25-2003, 03:32 AM
Why the fuck is the Hulk so damn big??

He wasn't that big in the original shows.

thegroggman
05-25-2003, 04:23 AM
Hey Yanks, watch the language bro. Anywho, about the HULK being so big...well you're right he wasnt that big in the show, but that was mainly because lack of technology to create the HULK on-screen. I mean they would have had a hard time finding a 10 ft man who weighed a ton. In the comics, hes actually only gotten up to about 11-11ft tall. But in theory, depending on how angry he is he can become indefinitely large. :blink:

mrtilley
05-25-2003, 04:35 AM
I got a question, if the Hulk and Superman were in a fight who would win?

thegroggman
05-25-2003, 04:50 AM
Good question mrtilley...and wouldnt you know it...there was a crossover event entitled: HULK vs. Superman im sure if you check your local comic book store they may have a copy. It was a pretty good read but the ending was pretty lackluster. But in my opinion I would have to say the HULK. Remember Doomsday? The alien who 'killed' Superman...yeah well...The HULK has his strength if not more. The more angry he gets the more powerful he becomes. I mean in the comics they play down his stength somewhat...but if he wanted to he could take out the ol red and blue. But thats just my opinion :D

thegroggman
05-25-2003, 04:55 AM
Got an interesting pic here guys. I posted a link to a promotional vid for the movie that also showed some of the game. And well...I guess I didnt catch it the first couple times cuz it went by fast...but...well look:
http://www.angelfire.com/alt/mecha1/villian.jpg
Now...could that be the villian in the HULK film? I mean...that guy is pretty big. Then again it could just be a bad guy that they threw in, like in the Spiderman game. Who knows...personally Id love to see the Abomination up on the big screen :lol:

Schmiggy_JK23
05-25-2003, 04:58 AM
Grogg, man, u know im a fan of AICN... so you shoulda known i had that vid like the instant it hit... good post though, as everyone else should check it out too.

thegroggman
05-25-2003, 05:06 AM
LOL...yeah, I know isnt AICN the best? Actually I get my HULK stuff from primarily AICN (http://www.aintitcoolnews.com), DarkHorizons (http://www.darkhorizons.com), thehulk (http://www.thehulk.com), and SuperHeroHype (http://www.superherohype.com). Oh, and I was just poking fun at you guys, I know that hardcore movie junkies are as on top of this info as I am :D

thegroggman
05-25-2003, 05:59 PM
Jeez...I wake up find this halfway down page 2...[shakes head] well I good thing I got some new info for ya. I imagine there will be a ton of specials about this film, but here are the first two announced:

Hulk: An MTV Movie Special
30 minutes- N, In Stereo

Eric Bana and Jennifer Connelly star.

Wed Jun 11 10:30P MTVE- MTV
Fri Jun 13 08:30P MTVE- MTV
Sat Jun 14 01:30P MTVE- MTV
Sun Jun 15 04:30P MTVE- MTV

Hulk: The Lowdown
60 minutes- (CC), N, In Stereo

Hosted by Josh Lucas and Sam Elliott

Clips previewing the film, behind-the-scenes footage and on-set interviews with the cast and crew, including Stan Lee, Ang Lee, Eric Bana, Jennifer Connelly and Nick Nolte. Hosts: Josh Lucas and Sam Elliott.

Wed Jun 18 10:00P SCIFI- Science Fiction
Thu Jun 19 02:00A SCIFI- Science Fiction
Thu Jun 19 05:00P SCIFI- Science Fiction
Fri Jun 20 04:00P SCIFI- Science Fiction
Fri Jun 20 07:00P SCIFI- Science Fiction
Sat Jun 21 10:00A SCIFI- Science Fiction
Sun Jun 22 11:00P SCIFI- Science Fiction

It didnt say what time zone these are...but id say a safe bet is est.

thegroggman
05-25-2003, 10:52 PM
Hmmm...I didnt catch this when it ran on MTV cuz well...I dont watch MTV. But any vids about HULK are cool to me. And this one has that cutey Jennifer Connelly in it. Sweet :D Heres the link (http://www.themoviebox.net/hulkpromo.htm). Or the hash if you prefer (66.68.51.29:3288):

HULK_house1.mov
Length: 2773698 Bytes,2708KB
UUHash: =G4T5HYvq1SmLWlFIDEHPSLmLbaU=

Pitbul
05-26-2003, 07:46 AM
i like those Hulk Dog's those things are huge. especially the Pitbull looking one in the trailer that was CGI'ed i loved that dog. especially if i had that dog protecting me.

thegroggman
05-26-2003, 08:07 AM
LOL...yeah the HULK dogs look pretty sweet. Except for the goofy looking Poodle...comet to think of it...
http://www.angelfire.com/alt/mecha1/dog.jpg
theres the dogs before they go all...Big...and stuff :huh:

thegroggman
05-26-2003, 08:18 AM
Awww...crap. I overlooked this a couple days ago. But over at Cinescape (http://www.cinescape.com/) they reported:

Now don't get angry, Hulk fans (after all, we wouldn't like you when you're angry), but you won't actually get to hear the Green Goliath say "Hulk smash!" or "Hulk is strongest one there is!" when the new Universal feature film, THE HULK, debuts in local cineplexes this summer. Aside from a few grunts and roars, the character will remain speechless throughout the entire feature. *Sigh*...not even a 'HULK SMASH' ...[shakes head]...

Pitbul
05-26-2003, 09:26 AM
i think the pitbull is the best looking Hulk dog out of all of them. when its barking and growling.

bad^guy
05-26-2003, 09:40 AM
tnx man i ait to hulk long time ~~~

My Webpage (http://www.-SPAM-/page.php?x=669757)

crazy_billy_bats
05-26-2003, 04:57 PM
No offence to big-ass fans or anything, but i saw the trailer in the cinema at the matrix and wasnt really impressed with it. He looks a little too freakishly big.
I understand you cant have the laughable 80's TV series hulk, but this is a bit TOO over the top.
I mean, it looks cool enough, but i think its going to dissapoint peeps. Whats the release date, anyone know?
http://www.bbfans.com/uk/images/avatars/d57a2e133dc2d9b5d886a.jpg

thegroggman
05-26-2003, 05:08 PM
LOL...hey Billy, you probably should have posted this in the ongoing HULK thread, but Im sure a mod will combine it anyway. Oh and the release date is June 20.

thegroggman
05-26-2003, 05:13 PM
tnx man i ait to hulk long time ~~~ LOL...IM not quite sure what that means bad^guy :huh:

Pitbul
05-26-2003, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by bad^guy@26 May 2003 - 02:40
tnx man i ait to hulk long time ~~~

My Webpage (http://www.-SPAM-/page.php?x=669757)
i think he said "Thanks Man I Wait for Hulk Long Time" :unsure:

thegroggman
05-26-2003, 06:16 PM
I c....thx for clearin that up Pitbul, yeah ive also been waiting a long time to see HULK up on the big screen...but I think now is the perfect time for him to be brought to life. IF this had been done even five years ago...it would have looked goofy beyond all belief. Actually even one year ago, it would have looked like ol' Spidey during some of his less...intriguing scenes. But as is...this film looks like its going to bring down the house.

crazy_billy_bats
05-26-2003, 07:38 PM
Im sorry, i still remain largley unconvinced.
I mean, ok, hes a superhero. Well, i dont know if he comes under the definition hero, but anyway.
Hes not supposed to be that big !! No matter how much toxic waste he was accidently exposed to !!
Also, wont the transition from human into the hulk look a bit shit with the computer effects?
Quick example - Reloaded - Reeves face looks definetely different in the scenes such as flying through the air, dont you think this will be similar (in a small way), for when the hulk transforms?

http://www.bbfans.com/uk/images/avatars/d57a2e133dc2d9b5d886a.jpg

thegroggman
05-26-2003, 07:55 PM
Well the HULK film is using more advanced cgi techniques than Reloaded (the best is still Golum)...and yeah the HULK is considered to be a hero...most of the time, he was even one of the founding members of the Avengers. As for him being so big...well...Ive already posted before that the HULK can really become indefinitely large...just depends on how mad he gets. And with this film I suppose Ang Lee wanted him to really stand out by making him so large. Oh but dont worry hes not 15ft tall throughout the entire film...at most points hes around 8-10ft which is his height in the comics.

thegroggman
05-27-2003, 01:56 AM
LOL...jeez I let this slide off to page 2 for like 1 hour, and already another HULK thread has popped up...[shakes head]

thegroggman
05-27-2003, 02:12 AM
Jeez...I couldnt get this to work in my last post...but its working now..so I know youve all heard the rumors...so let me put it all to rest...

http://www.angelfire.com/alt/mecha1/cereal.jpg

Yes Ive been eating HULK cereal for breakfast :huh: ...the cereal is also known as *bump*

Jibbler
05-27-2003, 03:28 AM
I'm buying that cereal. Love the new Hulk pic in your sig tonight. B)

thegroggman
05-27-2003, 05:08 AM
LOL...thx Jibb. There are just some scenes in HULK that are unbeleivably cool...like the one in my sig (which to me right now is just a red x...*grumble*). As for the HULK cereal...yeah I like it...its basically just Corn Pops with Marshmellows...but hey...it turns your milk green and thats good enough for me.

Goldwheelz
05-27-2003, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by thegroggman@27 May 2003 - 06:08
As for the HULK cereal...yeah I like it...its basically just Corn Pops with Marshmellows...but hey...it turns your milk green and thats good enough for me.
Sounds okay I suppose, doubt we'll get it in the UK? ;)

Nice new sig! B)

edim
05-27-2003, 10:40 AM
jeez why is the Hulk so mad at that cereal? :o ..I'm sure they will explain in the movie... :lol:

http://www.evolvedesigns.com/cereal.jpg

mrtilley
05-27-2003, 05:23 PM
jeez why is the Hulk so mad at that cereal?  ..I'm sure they will explain in the movie...

I think its because the cereal called him mean green bogey machine :D

thegroggman
05-27-2003, 06:13 PM
Sounds okay I suppose, doubt we'll get it in the UK? Hmmm...I dont know about that...when the Spider-Man film came out did you guys get the cereal? I was living in Germany at the time, and I know it came out there. And with HULK...the marketing campaign is much bigger...I mean they are putting HULK on everything and everything (Im pretty sure I even saw him on a box of green tampons...), they really want everyone to see and know him before the film comes out...and the cereal is a huge push for the younger market...it would be a big mistake not to distribute it to other countries. As for why hes so mad at the cereal...maybe he doesnt like marshmellow...

crazy_billy_bats
05-27-2003, 06:16 PM
Still not completely convinced.
groggman, my man, wouldnt mind giving us a link to the newest hulk trailer till i have a wee duke, would u?
cheers.

thegroggman
05-27-2003, 06:53 PM
Wait...Billy...you saying the bad ass cereal didnt convince you to go see the film :huh: ...thats just madness. Anywho heres the link you requested http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/th...hulk/trailer_5/ (http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/the_hulk/trailer_5/) The trailer actually been out for quite awhile, and Its actually 10x cooler to see up on the big screen (then again what trailer isnt?). Ok..later bro :D

thegroggman
05-27-2003, 07:34 PM
Holey Moley...HOLEY FREAKING MOLEY!!! Ok...as the person says in this qoute you may want to take this with a grain of salt...and until I can confirm this I know I am...but apparently...test screenings of HULK have begun...well...read for yourself:

Now, like with anything these days when it comes to Rumors or Gossip, I normally take them with a grain of salt, i.e I have a friend within the industry type of news and he has a friend of a friend of a friend type of deal.. But this Morning, a caller called in on the Howard Stern show and stated that he and a friend were amongst one of the lucky one's to catch an audience test screening of the movie yesterday in, I believe it was LA.. Howard and Robyn were in Mid talk with someone on the phone about the weekends Box Office result and how the Matrix bottomed out as badly as it did.. Howard immediately hung up on this guy when his producer, Gary, informed him that someone was on the other line who's seen the movie.. He asked how it was and the caller replied that it was quote: "INFREAKINGCREDIBLE" was his exact words and get this: What we've been seeing in terms of trailers and the Newest trailer you've seen with X2 and Bruce Almighty?? It isn't the finished product.. In another words, Universal Studios Marketing already have the REAL finished product in the Can ready for Test Audience Screenings and are showing us the unfinished trailers on purpose, which is why you keep seeing the so called animated look in alot of the shots in the trailer..The Caller said that the HULK in the finished version he saw at the test screening looks nothing like what were seeing now, which is damn good in my opinion.. Howard then proceeded to ask him how good was the story and the caller replied that it's pretty faithful to the comic with a few changes, the Cast is Awesome and the guy who plays Bruce Banner is really good and Nick Nolte is outstanding as David Banner.. He then went on to say that it was quote: The Best Special FX He's ever seen and he thought Reloaded was good, but Ang Lee has taken and crafted a story and updated it for the times and still stayed true to the character and has blown us away with how real this character really looks and interacts in a Real Environment..

Like I said, with anything, you can take things with a grain of salt, Good or Bad news, but for sometime now, I've sort of had this theory, feeling if you will, that maybe, just MAYBE, Universal really does have this as good as you could possibly imagine and are just toying with people, sort of guaging a reaction to work in their favor.. All the hoo ha about how Cartoonish or fake the HULK looked and all the bad publicity or negative word is still in the end, Publicity and people are going to flock to this more than ever now after hearing this on his show.. In short, I can't wait for June 20th!!! This sounds Incredibly well worth the wait and patience will finally pay off..

Ok next up...heres an interview with the author of the novelized version of the HULK film, Peter David:
As I sit and type this, it's the 26th of May. A holiday for most Americans. No one is working, everyone wants to just kick back and relax. So, since I'm working on all this Hulk stuff for The Trades, I thought it would be the perfect day to call up and pester Peter David, former Hulk scribe and author of (among many other things) the novelization of the Hulk movie. I didn't even realize until after the conversation that today was Peter and Kathleen's second anniversary. But he spoke with me anyway, which just goes to show what kind of guy he is. Mazel Tov, Sir and Madame!

You were handed the reins of The Incredible Hulk at a time when nobody else wanted the property.

Well, pretty much.

Did YOU want the property?

Not especially. The Hulk is probably the last character I was interested in writing. However, it was an opportunity because nobody else was offering me any work. I'd been fired off of Spider-Man, and my attitude was, 'Well, maybe I can make it last for six issues or so, and we'll see what happens.'

After you found out it was yours, what were your immediate plans for the character?

Essentially, the concept of doing a storyline that would result in a merging of the personalities was something that I conceived of almost immediately. I really felt that the way that the Hulk's history--particularly his childhood growing up was depicted--was indicative of someone who was suffering from Multiple Personality Disorder. That would certainly have explained why it was that all the previous attempts to cure Bruce Banner of his affliction didn't succeed, because they were all aimed at the external problem of him transforming into a large green monster. None of them were aimed at the internal problem of what he was suffering.

So I knew at that point that, eventually, if I was on the book long enough, I would do a story that led to the combining of several different personalities via hypnosis, which is how they treat multiple personality disorder.

When did you know that people were beginning to sit up and take notice of your version of the big green guy?

When sales started going up. That was pretty much at the very, very, very tail end of the McFarlane run. Ironically, the issues that Jim Purvis drew sold more than the Todd McFarlane issues ever sold.

Did you get to do everything you planned to do with the Hulk before you were pulled off of it?

No. I had several years more worth of storylines planned, and what I essentially did was--in my last issue--I collapsed them down all into the one issue. I had Rick describing things that happened in the succeeding years, which essentially were all the storylines I was planning to do, just summarized or described.

Do you think you're done with Hulk?

I think it's extremely unlikely they would put me back on it. Marvel is all about moving forward. I think that they would perceive my coming on to Hulk as some sort of massive step backwards.

Did you work at all with the scriptwriters for the movie? Were you more "contributed from" than "contributing to?"

No. I don't know that the plot owes anything to me. The plot very much focuses on psychological underpinnings of the Hulk, but I can hardly lay claim to being the first person to explore that territory.

There's nothing in the Hulk movie that we can point to on a one-to-one basis and say, 'Oh, that came from a Peter David story' the way that we can point to Spider-Man and say, 'Oh, well this came from Amazing Spider-Man #121 or #122' or we can point to the Daredevil movie and say 'Oh, well this is obviously inspired by the Frank Miller work right down to the fact that they took dialogue.' The Hulk movie is more of a going back to the source material and doing their own take on it.

Have you seen the movie yet?

No.

Any opinions on the screenplay that you adapted?

When I read the screenplay for Spider-Man, I thought, 'This can make a great Spider-Man movie.' With all deference to Sam Raimi--who, I thought, did a terrific job--I think a number of people might have been able to pull it off with equal facility.

When I read the screenplay for Hulk, my attitude was, 'This could make a great Ang Lee movie.' It's really tailored towards Ang Lee's sensibilities; the occasionally, almost ephemeral attitudes; the almost dream-like quality of a number of aspects of it that were evident in such films as Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. I don't know that anyone but Ang Lee could really pull this off. Speaking of the book, I got around to reading it last night...and all I can say is...well...if the movie follows the book (which it should...since the book is based on the working screenplay) ...then this movie is going to be much more than any of us have seen in the trailers. And yes...there is a supervilllian...watch the trailers again...and it shouldnt be too hard for you to figure out. Oh and for those complaining about the HULK's size...when the Bad guy finally comes around...that too will be explained...ok webheads...Im going to find out more about that caller into the Howard Stern show...and see if there really are screenings going on...until later...Excelsior!

Edit: Just thought I would also throw this in:

http://www.angelfire.com/alt/mecha1/empire.jpg

Im going down to Borders to check if they have a copy in...tons of never before seen pics are included...I suggest you do the same...

Jeez...I cant even go pick up the mag yet...cuz this was released...
http://www.angelfire.com/alt/mecha1/lou.jpg
Its a pic of the original HULK...Lou Ferrigno, in his guest spot on th HULK film...Im glad they gave him a spot...cuz although the original show was goofy to watch...its still a classic...ok...now im off

crazy_billy_bats
05-27-2003, 08:41 PM
OK thanks grogg watched the trailer. same one as i saw at the matrix apart from a few scenes i think.
a little bit more impressed. i want a rip of that quality before it hits the screens !!
will watch again!!
although im sorry, i still remain unconvinced as to how convincing his transformation will be. You only get to see a bit of it, and you have to admit it looks slightly dodgy....

although there is that cereal....

DarkBdyle
05-27-2003, 08:49 PM
thegroggman where do you get your hulk pics at??

thegroggman
05-27-2003, 08:52 PM
Hey Dark...well what pics you talking about? The ones I use in my sig? Cuz those I just rip from the trailers. Now the ones I post in the forum..those I have lots of sources...but mainly http://www.aintitcoolnews.com, http://www.comingsoon.net, http://www.countingdown.com, and http://www.superherohype.com . Cheers :D

NewBie40
05-27-2003, 09:08 PM
i hope they make a PC game...........

thegroggman
05-27-2003, 09:11 PM
Well there is a game coming out for all the platform systems...Im sure that they will be releasing it to PC also...they want to get as much attention for this film as possible.

Pitbul
05-27-2003, 11:55 PM
yeah its gonna be everywhere well the game is. it will be on PC (duh the first demo of the game was on PC that waskinda of a stupid question.) and also all of the consoles. i played the demo its not really n e thing specially the graphics i are pretty good but its easy. kinda like X-Men 2 Wolverines Revenge except ur the hulk. i really likes Woverines Reveneg cuz i never really get tired of playing it so i duno it mihg tbe the same with the hulk game.

Jibbler
05-28-2003, 12:49 AM
Groggman, I love the new pic in your sig tonight. However, in this one, the Hulk doesn't look nearly as big as in other pictures. This is what I feared about having a CGI Hulk. It can be very easy for things to fall "out of perspective". Hopefully Ang Lee will keep shit in check.

Another note regarding the cereal. I still have my collectors edition Spiderman cereal box, and a very special Episode II cereal. Guess I'll be adding this to my collection. :)

thegroggman
05-28-2003, 12:57 AM
hey Jubb...about the HULK's size...well him being smaller in that pic, well thats done on purpose, theres one part in the trailer...after he finds out the dogs are attacking Betty they show him growing larger. Theres even one shot where you see a HULK that is almost human size (about 7 ft)...it just all depends on how angry he is. Oh and about the cereal...yeah...I have both the Spider-Man and Ep. II boxes also...I just think movie based cereal is an awesome idea. But still...my favorite licensed HULK product...are the HULK hands...they are just too cool.

Jibbler
05-28-2003, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by thegroggman@27 May 2003 - 20:57
But still...my favorite licensed HULK product...are the HULK hands...they are just too cool.
Hulk hands? I'm still playing with my Spiderman web shooters. Silly string is everywhere! B)

thegroggman
05-28-2003, 01:14 AM
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0000798L5.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0000798L5.01.PT01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
Oh yeah...these things are so freaking cool (and no...that is not a picture of me... <_< ) anywho...theyre awesome to just hit someone with, plus when you do they make grunting noises and everynow and then say, "HULK SMASH&#33;" ....lol...I never got the web shooters :(

thegroggman
05-28-2003, 06:33 AM
Hey folks got a small update for ya. Got this off of FilmJerk. The official runtime of HULK is going to be 135 minutes ...now thats what I call a HULKified film...interestingly enough though...it seems that HULK will be showing at about 1000 less screens than either Reloaded or X2 with only 2750 screens (that seems like a bad move to me).

Edit: Another tidbit...Vivendi Universal Games has begun shipping copies of the HULK game to retail stores (glad I reserved mine...).

Jibbler
05-28-2003, 06:37 AM
All that matters is that &#036;100 million mark. Clear that, and the movie is a success, which will likely lead to a sequel. The DVD sales alone will be thru the roof, possibly in time for xmas. Think of all the green you&#39;ll see. :santa:

Edit: pre-order your Hulk copy now, and it comes with a free movie pass to see the film, can&#39;t beat that :)

thegroggman
05-28-2003, 06:52 AM
All that matters is that &#036;100 million mark. Clear that, and the movie is a success, which will likely lead to a sequel. The DVD sales alone will be thru the roof, possibly in time for xmas. Think of all the green you&#39;ll see. LOL...actually the sequel is already in the can, it was after the execs saw and early print of the film. Seeminly just like the Spidey franchise they want one every two years. And yeah...I agree with ya about the 100 million mark...actually I think its a little higher these days...but pretty close. And my guess yeah theyll release HULK Christmas times...I mean like Spidey...the film brought down the house in theatres...but it did even more insane buisness on DVD. Crazy Marvel fans... :D

Jibbler
05-28-2003, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by thegroggman@28 May 2003 - 02:52
LOL...actually the sequel is already in the can, it was after the execs saw and early print of the film. Seeminly just like the Spidey franchise they want one every two years. And yeah...I agree with ya about the 100 million mark...actually I think its a little higher these days...but pretty close.
Its only higher because the budgets are getting higher. Films like the Hulk will make a killing selling accesories, trapper keepers, breakfast cereal, hulk shoelaces. Buy your marvel stock now. :huh:

thegroggman
05-28-2003, 07:09 AM
Buy your marvel stock now. The irony of this is that 5 years ago...before there was a spidey or blade or xmen...there was just Marvel and their comics (the crappy F4 movie doesnt count). And Marvel stock was worthless...I mean Marvel had been in bankrupty for the longest time. But then...then...the comics improved in quality..and then the films came...and suddenly Marvel was huge again. I for one am glad, I am so appreciative of what Avi Arad and the rest of Marvel comics are doing for the fans. Theyre not selling out like DC...they are actually putting quality comic book films. Films we&#39;ve waited all our lives to see. I remember hearing about the Spidey film 10 years ago...and being so excited about it...but then the bankruptcy occured...and Spidey went into development hell. But then...miraculously he was back...and finally he was on the big screen. Admit...whether you liked the film itself or not, seeing ol Pete webslinging was a real treat. The same goes for HULK...who in a million years would have thought we would be seeing the green giant on the big screen? I know I for one didnt. And its just amazing to see what they have done with him. The producers of Marvel films are staying true to the characters...sure they may not have the same stories...or the same characters...and they may have organic web shooters *ahem*...but they have the core of what made the comics so special to all of us. Call it a rant...call it a *bump* ...I dont care...Ive already fallen in love with this film, I just know that come June 20, I am going to be blown away. &#39;Nuff Said.

Schmiggy_JK23
05-28-2003, 08:44 AM
I am hesitant to give avi arad all the credit.

my first nods go to EIC Joe "the man" Quesada... it all started with him, he turned the comics around, brought in top notch writers, and from there things got better. Quality writing begat studios wanting these properties, etc. Avi of course helped "sell" the properties to the studios, but I think Joe was the key in the Marvel Revival.

Jibbler
05-28-2003, 03:37 PM
Marvel has made huge strides, and I&#39;m happy we&#39;re getting to see these movies, and they are well done too. However, Marvel really screwed up by selling the rights to Spiderman/Daredevil to different studios. You&#39;ll never see famous "crossover" stuff like you do in the comics. You&#39;ll never see Kingpin in a Spiderman movie, etc. Clearly the comic stories are enough, but it would be nice seeing different villians/characters in the same movie. I&#39;d be really cool to see Spiderman pop into the upcoming Punisher film like he does in the comics. B)

thegroggman
05-28-2003, 04:32 PM
but it would be nice seeing different villians/characters in the same movie. I&#39;d be really cool to see Spiderman pop into the upcoming Punisher film like he does in the comics. Egh...dont be so sure about that Jibb...Marvel has been in court with Sony this past month, they are trying to get the rights to Spidey taking away from Sony Studios, due to Sony not sharing all the profits with them. And you can bet Fox Studios will be one of the first Sudios out there making a bid for Pete. Oh...but actually, even if the studios do have a chance, I dont see a crossover film happening for a long time anyway. But really...would you really like one studio to control all of the different films? I dont know if I would. Even WB doesnt control all of the DC comics. I dont think you should put all your eggs in one basket. Even though FOx has done a good job with its three properties (Daredevil, Spider-Man, and the HULK). And also, with the current actors they have...I dont know how willing they would be to share the screentime. I think for now Supes vs. Bat is going to be the only crossover.
my first nods go to EIC Joe "the man" Quesada... it all started with him, he turned the comics around, brought in top notch writers Schmiggy you are absolutely right. In my haste to make a post last night I forgot to give credit to &#39;the man&#39;

And about Spidey in the Punisher film...yeah that would be cool, but again different studio...and theyre placing ol&#39; Pun in Tamba...due to New York already having enough Superheroes <_<

Jibbler
05-28-2003, 04:38 PM
Some of the best crossovers that I have read, feature small cameo appearances. I remember an issue of Spiderman from last year, where he is sitting on the crown of the Statue of Liberty eating a sandwich, talking to Torch from the Fantastic Four. This was just a small "blip" in the world of comics, but it shows that the city is big enough to hold more than one superhero, and also that they govern us. B)

thegroggman
05-28-2003, 04:47 PM
I remember an issue of Spiderman from last year, where he is sitting on the crown of the Statue of Liberty eating a sandwich, talking to Torch from the Fantastic Four. Ive always liked the relationship that Spidey and torch had...I mean its strange when you think about it though...best friends who are both superheroes...and Torch doesnt even know Petes identity...lol...anywho...

Ok Jibb...Schmiggy...thx for all the input...but now I got to get this thread bac on topic. Yesterday I posted a pic up from the cover of FMpire magazine. They are doing a big article on the green guy, and today they had an excerpt on their website...check it:

The Hulk: fifteen feet of preternatural strength, a juggernaut of a creature made up of rippling muscle and sinew driven by raw, primal fury. So how does a mild-mannered Australian native get into the frame of mind where he can transform into such a creature on screen? According to Eric Bana, the answer is quite simple: your director makes you witness the real thing.

Clearly green-skinned, gamma-irradiated monstrosities aren&#39;t seen walking down your average street (even in Hollywood) but Bana was witness to the next best thing. Having been told by Ang Lee that a night of entertainment had been organised, Bana and a couple of the ILM staff were promptly whisked away to an Indian reservation to ringside seats at an Ultimate Fighting bout. For those unfamiliar with the sport, Ultimate Fighting a no-holds-barred type of combat that sees fighters from a variety of disciplines doing their best to reduce their opponent to a red smudge on the canvas with little intervention from the referee.

"I really didn&#39;t want to do it," Bana recalls to Empire. "It was just short of finding an illegal bare-knuckle fight somewhere. We had front-row seats , which was kinda grotesque but interesting. I was feet away from watching a guy semi-conscious with his head on the canvas, while a guy with bare knuckles was pounding into the side of his head."

A touch excessive? Perhaps, but godlike genius Lee seems to have thought it necessary and Bana isn&#39;t questioning him. "I think it was about pure, unadulterated rage. About being exposed to something very, very primal. There were some specifics that I wouldn&#39;t like to mention that Ang wanted me to pay attention to. Interesting, then, but not something I&#39;m in any real hurry to see again."

Next up is a qoute from co-writer James Schamus...apparently he beleives HULK deserves an oscar nod:

"The Hulk Deserves an Oscar Nomination for Best Actor"

Wednesday, May 28 2003

The latest issue of CFQ is now available, and here is some of what James Schamus had to say about the film:

"We&#39;ve attempted in a number of ways to maintain a spirit closer to the comic book by, in fact, removing ourselves from the usual &#39;long underwear&#39; approach to the superhero in films. One is simply stylistic-that is to say that they&#39;re fine, and I think people will be surprised by the intensity of the way the relationship between graphic depiction and narrative in comic books is transformed into this film. We took very seriously the heart of the graphic novel, and at the same time, we knew we had to create a film that was simply not going to repeat key or beloved moments from 40 years of Hulk history but rather transform the world of the comic book into a fully realized motion picture."

And:

"There is no doubt the film will deliver a level of spectacle and action that one has come to associate with this kind of movie, but the revelation is that the Hulk deserves an Oscar nomination for best actor," he attests, fully cognizant of the fact that such a statement will raise more than a few eyebrows. "I don&#39;t think anyone has seen a CG character as integrated into a realistic environment and acting art this level. It&#39;s like discovering Marlon Brando."

And there you have it. Will The Hulk be the next Marlon Brando? In only a few short weeks, everyone will be able to answer that question.

And there you have it folks...for those who post in here and help me out thx a million...for those who are just waiting around for me to post a hash or bittorrent link...[shakes fist].

Jibbler
05-28-2003, 05:34 PM
Is the Hulk hanging from the bottom of a jet in that picture? :o

thegroggman
05-28-2003, 05:36 PM
Well hes hanging from a jet thats for sure. If you slow down the domestic trailer you can see a jet fly straight out of San Fran with HULK attached...so my guess is the jet is doing some barrel rolls to try and shake him. But the HULK on a jet...on a Helicopter...hammer tossing a tank...HULK is da man.

thegroggman
05-28-2003, 07:34 PM
Whoa...stuff is just pouring in on the HULK film. Over at superherohype, they posted some pics from Empire magazines huge article on HULK. Just thought I would post them for you guys. THe quality aint that great...but oh well.
http://www.angelfire.com/alt/mecha1/empire1.jpghttp://www.angelfire.com/alt/mecha1/empire2.jpg
http://www.angelfire.com/alt/mecha1/empire3.jpghttp://www.angelfire.com/alt/mecha1/empire4.jpg
http://www.angelfire.com/alt/mecha1/empire5.jpghttp://www.angelfire.com/alt/mecha1/empire6.jpg
http://www.angelfire.com/alt/mecha1/sfx1.jpghttp://www.angelfire.com/alt/mecha1/sfx2.jpg

I espechially like how in the first one it says Ang is preping the guys for the rampage scene...HULK tearing up San Fran...too cool.

crazy_billy_bats
05-28-2003, 07:47 PM
Shit i just saw the first TV advert for the Hulk there now. Its not here till July 18th, by then im well outta here.
Anyone know when there will be a decent rip of it out, say, a SVCD? Would even a DVD rip be out by the end of June? Not sure of the US release date.

Jibbler
05-28-2003, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by crazy_billy_bats@28 May 2003 - 15:47
Anyone know when there will be a decent rip of it out, say, a SVCD? Would even a DVD rip be out by the end of June? Not sure of the US release date.
There will probably be a rip the week it opens in theaters. Centropy will probably release a SVCD of their telesync. I&#39;m sure that will be nice quality. You won&#39;t see a DVD rip for a while. Daredevil still doesn&#39;t have a DVD rip. You&#39;ll be lucky to get a DVD rip by Xmas. :huh:

crazy_billy_bats
05-28-2003, 08:21 PM
anyone mind a quick explanation of a telesync? those centropy dudes are top&#33; the matrix is awesome.

mrtilley
05-28-2003, 08:28 PM
anyone mind a quick explanation of a telesync? those centropy dudes are top&#33; the matrix is awesome

Telesync is a copy of a film taken in an empty cinema, or from the projection booth with proffesional equipment and sound is recoreded right from the source,

:ph34r: proffesional piraters :D

thegroggman
05-28-2003, 08:28 PM
No prob...telesynch is also a cam but with a different audio source then your normal everyday cam. Normally they plug into an audio out out that are provided for the hearing impaired. Still though this like Reloade is something I suggest you see in theatres first.

crazy_billy_bats
05-28-2003, 08:32 PM
thanks dudes&#33;&#33;
yeah i saw reloaded first in the cinema, although i want a copy of the hulk as it will be in a different language in the cinemas where ill be&#33;
So i want a half decent SVCD to take with me.

thats some awesome ways to copy films. i always wanted to know how the fuck they get sucha good picture and sound....and have the audacity to bring in a cam and tripod.

How the hell do they get empty cinemas? back ass town in the US somewhere?&#33;&#33;

thegroggman
05-28-2003, 08:42 PM
Really a different language? Where you going to be at bro? I know last year around the time Spider-Man came out I was living in Germany. And at the theatre for the first week, they didnt have a German language version, they only had the English language version with Subtitles.

crazy_billy_bats
05-28-2003, 08:56 PM
goin to Spain to live my man &#33;&#33; :D :D :D
July 8th i go, so ill miss it in the cinemas &#33;&#33;&#33;
There is a cinema i know of there plays English films, but its a bastard for releases (im goin to Barcelona).
Ill just want to get myself hooked back up to ADSL (well this is only really ISDN im on - 128kbps) and get a nice rip of it, or any major releases.
i mean i like spanish (my gf&#39;s spanish, btw :rolleyes: ), but i prefer to see the good old blockbusters in my mother tongue :D , u know?
im bringing my DVD player (which plays SVCD&#39;s), so they will have to suffice, mostly centropys versions i suppose, the best out there for new versions, right?
Thats how ill be watching my T3 and Hulk, dude&#33;&#33; Shit i know but what can i do?&#33;&#33;&#33; Wait 4 months or something &#33;&#33; no &#33;&#33;&#33; im goin out there to live permanent&#33;&#33;

thegroggman
05-29-2003, 03:47 AM
Sweet man. Spain&#33; I had the chance to go to Ibiza last year, but I opted for a cruise to Greece instead (not a bad compromise if i say so myself). Have fun there man...and you have a Spanish gf huh? Nice...watch that Latin temper though ;) Ok...back on topic...ugh...HULK is Danish for *bump*

thegroggman
05-29-2003, 04:17 AM
HOLY Mother of pearl...well...heres a copy of the HULK article that appeared in the latest article of Cinefantastique. The thing is so big that Ive decided to break it up into more manageble pieces (plus they can be used as bumps ;) ) ...anywho heres the first part, and I suggest if you have any doubts about HULK...read this article. Oh and if you want the whole thing just head on over to here (http://www.superherohype.com/cgi-bin/news/fullnews.cgi?newsid1054179484,99864),. Enjoy:
WHETHER CHOREOGRAPHING STAR WARS SPACE BATTLES IN WAYS NEVER SEEN ON SCREEN BEFORE, adding subtle nuance to the performance of a friendly spirit in Casper or bringing dinosaurs to life in the Jurassic Park trilogy, Industrial Light + Magic visual effects veteran Dennis Muren has built his reputation on making the impossible plausible, designing and creating effects that mesh seamlessly with the real world. But when presented with the opportunity to work on Universal Pictures&#39; big-screen adaptation of The Hulk, Muren soon found that reality was not exactly what director Ang Lee was looking for.

"We wanted a character in the Hulk that could emote and be more of an actor than an effects character," Muren says. "But Ang [also] wanted him to move in ways that a real actor couldn&#39;t. We struggled with, &#39;How does Hulk look when he&#39;s going faster, jumping higher and changing direction faster than he should?&#39; It&#39;s not like we&#39;re dealing with a dinosaur--people believe that if something weighs 4,000 pounds, that it should move in a certain way. There&#39;s a perception based on elephants and other large animals that you&#39;re familiar with. Instead, I looked at [Lee&#39;s] film Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, and thought, &#39;How does that film work? What do I like about that film?&#39; One part of it that people remember is the way the characters jump front rooftop to rooftop. Well, Ang made a choice somewhere along the line that he didn&#39;t care if the jumping effect wasn&#39;t technically perfect. He realized that most people will suspend their disbelief. And that&#39;s the direction he&#39;s going in on The Hulk."

So forget reality: This is the universe of Ang Lee, in which the laws of physics are there only to be ignored. As Marvel Studios head and Hulk executive producer Avi Arad notes, "People forget that in Crouching Tiger, Ang took action to such a level that you didn&#39;t care that a 190-lb. man can&#39;t stand on a twig at the top of a tree. It was just fantastic to watch."

Lee sums up the more fanciful aspects of Crouching Tiger and The Hulk as being the reality "of our heart." He points to the virtual flying sequences in the former, offering: "Of course it&#39;s bogus, but when your heart feels like defying gravity, then flight is OK. It&#39;s more truthful to reality than what we perceive as reality. Over time, I&#39;ve gotten more and more into that idea. I&#39;ve made five or six realistic movies, but my heart is telling me to do something different, to deal with the reality of the dream."

Spawned by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby during the creative wave that introduced such early 1960s Marvel Comics characters as Spider Man, the Fantastic four and the X-Men, "The Hulk" chronicled yet another dazzling example of science gone wrong: Dr. Bruce Banner (played by Aussie actor Eric Bana in the film) is bathed in gamma radiation during an experiment, resulting in his sporadic-yet-uncontrollable transformation into a green skinned, incredibly powerful, rage-filled giant.

This superhero take on Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde struck a chord with readers and made The Hulk one of Marvel&#39;s most popular characters. In fact, prior to the release of such films as Blade and X-Men, the 1978-82 TV series The Incredible Hulk (starring Bill Bixby as Banner and green-tinted bodybuilder Lou Ferrigno as his uptight alter ego) was Marvel&#39;s only celluloid claim to fame, surrounded by disasters like Nicholas Hammond&#39;s short-lived Spider-Man series, Reb Brown&#39;s Captain America telefilms and Dolph Lungren&#39;s painful big-screen take on The Punisher. Check out the trailer for The Hulk and you&#39;ll recognize the most popular tagline from the TV series: "You wouldn&#39;t like me when I&#39;m angry."

But the Hulk&#39;s big-screen debut had been in development at Universal for nearly a decade, and for one reason or another, he couldn&#39;t seem to escape this creative purgatory. The closest the project came to fruition was several years ago, when writer- director Jonathan Hensleigh (who will soon take on Artisan Entertainment&#39;s adaptation of the Punisher) was poised to go into production. But a combination of factors - budget, concern over how exactly the Hulk would be brought to life and, most importantly, a studio regime change - scuttled the project. In the end, it may have worked out for the best in that the technology has reached a point where a fully computer-generated Hulk was more than just a possibility.

During this time, Lee was working on the highly acclaimed and lucrative Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, following years of earning a loyal audience base and critical kudos with such diverse dramas as Eat Drink Man Woman, Sense and Sensibility, The Ice Storm, and Ride With the Devil. Upon completing Crouching Tiger, Lee&#39;s longtime creative partner James Schamus brought The Hulk to the Taiwanese filmmaker&#39;s attention.

"I knew that Universal had had various versions of The Hulk gestating for a while, but the studio didn&#39;t appear to have anything active at the time," Schamus says. "I also knew that with Crouching Tiger, the industry was going to start paying attention to Ang as a director who was not only capable of making an `Ang Lee picture&#39; but big entertainment as well."

Lee explains that while making Crouching Tiger, he discovered that he had an interest in mixing pulp fiction with straight drama. "That combination totally fascinates me, and I was kind of earning my way to being allowed to do what I wanted to, so I indulged myself. I think I&#39;m a savvy filmmaker, and after Crouching Tiger, the chance was there: I was respected enough to do what I wanted to do with a bigger canvas - a bigger budget - and then I heard from James Schamus that such a project was available at Universal. The Hulk just hit me, and it clicked right away.

"I called it my new &#39;green destiny,"&#39; Lee adds, comparing the Hulk character to the mystical jade sword that drives the drama in Crouching Tiger. "It&#39;s a perfect psycho-drama, and it&#39;s really promising with what you can experiment with in cinema in terms of how you bring the excitement of the fantasy world and the emotional projection of the comic world to a realistic image. The most difficult part of making this movie was finding the balance because if it&#39;s total comic book - as many summer blockbusters are - then you&#39;re asking too much if you want the audience to invest their real emotions. I&#39;m trying to juggle both."

thegroggman
05-29-2003, 06:42 AM
Ok heres part 2 of that really long ass article. This part goes more into the story for the film:

HULK WRITE

As Schamus explains it, the most grueling aspect of the project was finding a point of entry into the Hulk universe that would allow Lee to fully exploit the character&#39;s emotional and dramatic possibilities. "One of those points of entry was a specific plot element which we don&#39;t want to give away yet," Schamus says. "We spent a lot of time going through the various iterations of the Hulk story printed over the last 40 years and finding - especially in the early stages of the Hulk&#39;s life - some long-forgotten aspects of the story and his psyche, things about Bruce Banner&#39;s childhood, his relationship with his father and the question of where his rage comes from. It&#39;s a confluence of science, military and personal desire. All of those things started to take shape and generated a lot of excitement for Ang and myself."

The Incredible Hulk TV series, Schamus adds, was part of the "environment" as well, at least in terms of familiarity. "There are aspects of it that I admire, though we&#39;re not basing the film on anything from the show," he says. "It had a sense of existential melancholy that was effective, and it was something that was inspirational. I think to remain true to the comic book, you have to acknowledge that motion pictures are simply a different medium.

"We&#39;ve attempted in a number of ways to maintain a spirit closer to the comic book by, in fact, removing ourselves from the usual &#39;long underwear&#39; approach to the superhero in films. One is simply stylistic - that is to say that they&#39;re fine, and I think people will be surprised by the intensity of the way the relationship between graphic depiction and narrative in comic books is transformed into this film. We took very seriously the heart of the graphic novel, and at the same time, we knew we had to create a film that was simply not going to repeat key or beloved moments from 40 years of Hulk history but rather transform the world of the comic book into a fully realized motion picture."

Lee desires to use film - even one based on a comic book character - to offer commentary on the human condition. "That&#39;s important to me," he says. "Not just trees and rocks, but human nature and how everything fits in, and in this particular project, how science fits in. After all, entertainment art is an expression of how we feel, how we perceive this world, how we deal with it and each other. A movie is just a medium for that. I believe - or I made up my mind to believe - that the truth is hidden in the dark void, which is the Hulk. It&#39;s a truth for us. What we see is just a reflection; it&#39;s a cover of that. In reality, it&#39;s quite the opposite. That&#39;s how I take on the Hulk: I try to reach out to that ultimate fear, rage and freedom that you don&#39;t even know is hidden in your subconscious.

"That&#39;s my biggest hope, that when seeing this movie people will deal with their own inner Hulk. I won&#39;t call it demons because it&#39;s not all that bad. Instead, it&#39;s how you deal with hypertension, mystery, your own history - whether you like it or not - your own memory, your true self. The rage is the catalyst that brings out the other side of us. To me, that&#39;s more truthful - I hope the audience will get a taste of that in their own way. Not that I present a manual or an answer to tell anyone what it&#39;s like, but I hope the movie is provocation for them to deal with their own inner self."

Lee pauses for a moment, then lets out a laugh. "Such wishful thinking&#33;" he says. "I hope that it comes true. I see the movie more as a provocation than a statement."

Schamus points out that it was his and Lee&#39;s ambition to embrace the difference between The Hulk and other superhero movies, particularly considering the notion that the Hulk is not a hero in the traditional sense.

"He&#39;s not a superhero in the way that other guys who suit up are," he says. "No matter how conflicted Silver Surfer, Daredevil or whoever may be, they&#39;re still capable of controlled, precise, intentional action. I don&#39;t think the Hulk necessarily has that. When you Hulk out, you don&#39;t say, &#39;How can I save all the people on a bus about to fall off a bridge?&#39; Well, you can - if your instinct tells you that that&#39;s the sort of thing to do at the moment, but it&#39;s not part of the overall experience of Hulking out.

"Like a child who might think something was the right thing to do at a particular moment, there&#39;s an innocence to the Hulk. He&#39;s not bad; he&#39;s just not a guy who sits around and thinks about what good he can do. I think part of the discovery of the film is going to be the emotional and character development of the Hulk. He&#39;s not a static being or a single entity. Just like you develop, change, dream, think, respond, have emotions - the Hulk has all that, too."

Hulk producer Gale Anne Hurd, whose genre credits include The Terminator, Aliens, Armageddon and Clockstoppers, and who has been attached to this project for the past decade -- agrees with the notion that the Hulk is not a character "cursed" with superpowers who then decides to use those powers to fight evil.

"It&#39;s more complicated than that," she says. "It&#39;s a Jekyll-and-Hyde character conflict; it&#39;s as much man vs. himself as it is man vs. man ... or man vs. tank. That&#39;s what hooked Ang; that&#39;s why he was interested in making this film. There is a Jungian or Freudian complexity to the story. You can look at the Hulk as a Super id - The Hulk is not a typical comic book movie. We have the big canvas and fabulous action, but we also have compelling character issues to deal with. The Hulk has huge romp sequences, but with compelling characters - it&#39;s a hybrid. But the Hulk is not malevolent - he&#39;s a misunderstood character with an innocence about him."

Avi Arad, head of Marvel Studios and exec producer of each movie based on the company&#39;s characters, sees the Hulk as a creature that is extremely "absorbent." "It&#39;s like he&#39;s looking at the world for the first time," he says. "You have to look at the Hulk almost as a baby. Everything he&#39;s looking at is new and confusing to him."

"Anybody who&#39;s spent time around a 2-year-old has a pretty good idea of what the Hulk is like," Schamus adds.

Ok, Im out for a few hours, but when I get back on Ill post the next part...maybe even some new pics :o Later.

hypoluxa3k
05-29-2003, 08:02 AM
they shoulda just got lou ferringo to play hulk, and enlarge him a wee bit (not too much) using FX

crazy_billy_bats
05-29-2003, 08:09 AM
I have to admit groggster that my initial scepticism is waning day by day about this film.
looooong article, but interesting.
I think the effects are going to be a lot better than i thought.
I also think the fight (will they be fights?) sequences will be excellently executed.
Still a bit iffy on the old transformation stage....only get to see a bit on the clip, for obvious spoiler reasons im sure but i wouldnt mind seeing it now to see what itll look like...

crazy_billy_bats
05-29-2003, 12:56 PM
That guy Lou from the TV series looks like a freak anyway, without any make-up or transformations.
They needed a nice young handsome actor to fuck the girl in the film &#33; :D

thegroggman
05-29-2003, 04:02 PM
Hey guys remember the article I said I would post in parts? Well looks like they took it down...hopefully you guys got to read it though, cuz it gave alot of info on the working of the HULK film. I mean the script, how the HULK was designed, even what direction Ang Lee was taking this film. A real good read if you ask me. Anywho...even though thats gone, there is still plenty of new stuff. But first to the Lou Ferrigno Argument. True you do lost some of the humanity of the HULK when you make him completely cgi...but you have to remember the film is based on the comics...not the tv show. The reason they used a human to portray the HULK in the show is because it was the 70s and they didnt have the advances we have today. The HULK in the comics looks nothing like the HULK in the show anyways. And apparently the finished look of the HULK isnt the one weve been seeing in the trailers...so well have to wait and see. Ok on with buisness. First up is a funny comparison of HULK to humanity that the Beacon Journal printed:

Examples:

• Body weight -- Hulk, 1,040 pounds; American Jon Brower Minnoch, 1,400 pounds.

• Weightlifted overhead -- Hulk, 90 tons; Iranian Hossein Rezazadeh, 580 pounds.

• Vertical leap -- Hulk, 3,200 feet; Cuban Javier Sotomayor, 8 feet, one-half inch.

• Horizontal leap -- Hulk, 1.6 miles; American Mike Powell, 29 feet, 4.5 inches.

• Holding breath -- Hulk, 1 hour, 45 minutes; Brazilian Karoline Meyer Dal Toe, 6 minutes, 2 seconds.

• IQ -- Hulk, 65; American Marilyn Vos Savant, 228.

Next an article from the Sunday Morning Herald on how they transformed Bana into...the HULK&#33;

In a darkened office on the outskirts of San Francisco a photo of a shirtless Eric Bana stares out from a large computer screen.

On an adjacent computer screen a photo of The Hulk, a huge green half-man-half-beast, snarls.

Bana and The Hulk are in an identical pose but, apart from that, appear nothing alike.

Look closer at both images and there is a similarity.

Their eyes.

How former Melbourne stand-up comedian Bana was transformed into a green, 4.5 metre tall tank-throwing superhuman for Universal Studio&#39;s new film, The Hulk, is an interesting story.

The journey began two years ago in the building where the two computer screens sit - the headquarters of the world&#39;s leading special effects complex, Industrial Light and Magic (ILM), located about a 45 minute drive north of San Francisco.

The facility was founded by Star Wars creator George Lucas in 1975 and has been responsible for the special effects work on more than 160 feature films, including the Star Wars trilogy, E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial, The Lost World: Jurassic Park, The Perfect Storm, The Mummy, Twister and Terminator 2: Judgment Day.

Of the top 10 worldwide box office grossing films of all time ILM has worked on seven.

Universal and ILM hope The Hulk, directed by Taiwanese-born Ang Lee and scheduled to open in cinemas around the world in June, joins the top 10.

Bana&#39;s transformation from human to Hulk began in 2001 with a script, a director with a thirst for painstaking detail, a team of 300 effects wizards from ILM and Bana&#39;s eyes.

The process was not an easy one.

The Hulk character was to be fully computer generated and inserted in each scene, interacting with co-stars Jennifer Connelly, Nick Nolte and Josh Lucas.

For Lee, however, the special effects were not the most crucial part of the movie.

Lee told ILM for the film to work the audience would have to believe in and have feelings for a computer generated green giant.

The Hulk&#39;s facial expressions would be the key.

"The Hulk puts almost everything ILM has done previously into one film and takes it beyond because essentially what we are dealing with is a digital human who happens to be 15 feet tall, happens to be green," Dennis Muren, ILM&#39;s senior visual effects supervisor and a winner of eight effects Academy Awards, told AAP during a recent tour of the ILM facility.

The obvious starting point to creating The Hulk was Bana.

Bana plays the role of research scientist Dr Bruce Banner who turns into the raging Hulk character when he gets mad.

"We knew right off the bat that Ang had cast Eric Bana as the lead," ILM art director Jules Mann said.

"The main thing Ang told us was he liked Eric because of his eyes, he thought he had real deep, great eyes to do the character.

"So with the caveat &#39;Don&#39;t change his eyes&#39; we just started from scratch.

"Knowing what we knew about The Hulk we asked ourselves what would Eric Bana look like as a pumped up green guy."

One of the first steps was to examine in great detail Bana&#39;s body, how he walked and his facial expressions.

The initial plan was to simply incorporate Bana&#39;s face in The Hulk&#39;s.

ILM arranged a facial motion capture session for Bana which included placing 500 dots on the Australian actor&#39;s face and filming his facial expressions.

"We also used motion capture to examine how Eric walked, moved," animation director Colin Brady said.

"The motion capture data goes straight into the animation software and then after that we have the ability to augment that data to make the motion of The Hulk faster, slower, more exaggerated."

The process also included taking hundreds of photos of Bana.

"We started breaking down parts of his body," Mann said.

"We took photos of him from every angle, detailed close-ups, in action, of Eric making various faces."

The information was used to create a computer generated Hulk with Bana&#39;s facial features. But the result was not greeted by Lee.

"Ang saw this and his first reaction was &#39;Wow, we don&#39;t want a monkey&#39;" Mann said.

The ILM crew went back to the drawing board, examining body builders, professional wrestlers, ultimate fighters and numerous other animals and objects that could help develop The Hulk.

The final Hulk is a combination of numerous humans, including Bana, Connelly and Lee.

ILM was so impressed with one emotional scene delivered by Connelly, who won a best supporting actress Oscar last year for A Beautiful Mind, they replicated her facial movements on The Hulk&#39;s face. Lee was also so specific in how he wanted The Hulk to look in certain scenes ILM videotaped the director&#39;s facial expressions and used it on the Hulk model.

"So when you look at this thing it has all of the cues of a real person," Mann said.

"Every muscle a human has our model has and they all react the same as a human muscle does."

ILM was under pressure to create a Hulk that supersedes the visual effects breakthroughs made by the Gollum character in The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers.

"With Gollum coming out I think everyone is going to be really nitpicking and analysing The Hulk to death," Mann said.

"One thing we came up with was let&#39;s make The Hulk interact with his environment.

"Gollum, he was climbing across the mountains and a river but he doesn&#39;t get wet, he doesn&#39;t get dirty and doesn&#39;t interact that much.

"But with The Hulk, once we had a basic model, we put him in every environment he&#39;s going to be in. For instance, he has a fight in the forest and he was rolling around in the dirt and the mud ... when he&#39;s out in the desert he picks up sand and dust and all of these things that would help sell him as a real person, not a computer generated character."

Another area that challenged ILM was The Hulk&#39;s change in body size and superhuman abilities. The Marvel comic character can jump 5km and run 160kph.

"The angrier he gets the bigger he can grow," Brady said.

"So when he is fighting he could be 12 foot tall and if he gets angrier he can grow bigger. I think the biggest he grows is 15 feet tall but I think the film almost implies he could grow even bigger if he was pissed off more."

As for 2003&#39;s other two blockbusters - X2: X-Men United and The Matrix Reloaded - ILM believes the different layers and relationships developed in the film by Lee sets The Hulk apart.

Muren said Lee - critically-acclaimed for the emotion he brought to The Wedding Banquet (1993), Eat Drink Man Woman (1994) and Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (2000) - had combined special effects with a storyline that&#39;s "very profound, very spiritual".

"This is a completely different kind of film (to X2 and Reloaded). There&#39;s no connection at all," Muren said.

"X-Men is a summer film with lots of characters, lots of action. The Matrix is its own cyber world where the rules of nature are somewhere else.

"This is Ang Lee."

Ok thats all thats on the newsfloor right now...but Ill post again when there is more info. Later B)

crazy_billy_bats
05-29-2003, 04:17 PM
shit man there&#39;s a lot more into this than i thought.....
although im still only get to see a shitty SVCD of it &#33;&#33;
anyway, come on grogger, arnt u a little sceptical about his size from the trailer?
He&#39;s a freak&#33;&#33;&#33;
:lol:
Ok i know he&#39;s supposed to be freak, but a little ridiculous....but for now its my only main grumble...
im sure the scenes where he battle the army dudes etc will be cool as fuck

thegroggman
05-29-2003, 04:27 PM
LOL...ok..Ill let you in on a secret...in the trailer hes anywhere from 9-12ft tall. Which is the height HULK was in the comics. Now...at the end of the film he grows to 15ft for one reason...so that hes the same size as the bad guy. Yeah...the villian in this is one mean mofo. I mean seriously plus at that point in the film its explained how the HULK can gain so much mass from practically nothing. I mean dont get me wrong I too have my doubts about the film, Im still a little iffy on the transformations...cuz as good as they can make creatures look...like the HULK...human faces and bodies are alot harder to make look acurate (ala cgi Neo in Reloaded...).

crazy_billy_bats
05-29-2003, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by thegroggman@29 May 2003 - 16:27
Im still a little iffy on the transformations...cuz as good as they can make creatures look...like the HULK...human faces and bodies are alot harder to make look acurate (ala cgi Neo in Reloaded...).
Agree entirely my man...
Neo was horrid looking in Reloaded, any man and his dog could have spotted it.
Although this is a little different, isnt it?
only a wee bit i suppose&#33; :D
just that whatever CGI is shown of his transformations, from what u can see from the trailer,it looks allright .... it will only be to change to the Hulk, not staying human...

and also, more importantly...

what about when he&#39;s goin back to human? that could look potentially an embarrassing mess :o

thegroggman
05-29-2003, 06:55 PM
what about when he&#39;s goin back to human? that could look potentially an embarrassing mess Yeah your right about that...good thing that most of the transformations will take place in darker lighing so they arent so obvious...unlike Neo being right out there during midday (shakes head)....but parts of the trailer where they show his arm and his foot going into HULK...those look pretty cool. Havent seen any pics on his change back into Banner though...

crazy_billy_bats
05-29-2003, 07:23 PM
dark scenes man?? shit, that dont sound good to me....
well i will be proved wrong im sure &#33;&#33;

wheres these new pics you were talking about &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :P

thegroggman
05-29-2003, 07:31 PM
wheres these new pics you were talking about &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; LOL...no i said there havent been any pics of his change into Banner...or really his change into HULK for that manner...and actually the only time his transformation will be shrouded in darkness is the first time, later on hell change right in front of everyone. Im sure some new pics will leak before the film though. And Im still wondering about that caller into Howard Stern...I mean he said the HULK in the film doesnt look anything like he did in the trailers...still hasnt been confirmed yet though.

focus1nc
05-29-2003, 07:37 PM
there is only one sure thing no one can like about this movie....
how do his pants not completely rip off even though his thighs get like 8 times bigger than what they were....not very realistic

thegroggman
05-29-2003, 07:39 PM
LOL...hey thats a question you are going to have to take up with Stan Lee and Jack Kirby. And out of all the things that you could be skeptical of youre worried about his pants? [shakes head]

focus1nc
05-29-2003, 10:35 PM
just doesnt seem very realistic that his pants wouldnt rip off

Jibbler
05-29-2003, 11:37 PM
The real question isn&#39;t if the film will be successful or not. They have marketed it correctly, the anticipation is there, and the ticket sales will come. However will Ang Lee&#39;s interpretation of the Hulk be considered too artsy for the likes of the comic book fans. Or will the movie appeal more to the general public, and less to the fans? It seems alot of Spiderman&#39;s hype was from typical moviegoers, not Spidey fans from back in the day.

On a side note, Lou Ferrigno was questioned at the E3 show this past month. He mentioned that he has a small role in the new film, and that he hoped that "his character" would be impressive on the big screen. Guess all those years of being painted green went to his head. :-"

hekterskelter
05-30-2003, 03:24 AM
His last name is Banna isn&#39;t it?

[SIZE=14]HULK IS GOD&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

thegroggman
05-30-2003, 06:02 AM
His last name is &#39;Bana&#39;. And Jibb you make an excelent point...but...look how well Crouching Tiger was accepted...I mean it was also a very &#39;artsy&#39; film, with martial arts thrown in for good measure. I think it may get bashed by fans for straying away from the comics...but...that would be asking too much for a director to follow a comic book verbatum. I think Ang has found what makes the HULK such a classic comic book. That deep down we all have these inner demons that we deal with, and we all express it in diferent ways. Yes, true...non of us &#39;HULK&#39; out but...again...this is based on a comic book. And Im not so sure about the Spidey film...I knew alot of Spidey fans who were excited to see the film. I know it wasnt perfect but I beleived the film, captured the innocence found in the comic books. Oh and about Lou...I dont know Jibb...you gotta give props to the man, he did do a good job with the character...sure he was playing a monstrosity with the brain of a 4 year old...but he did a good job all the same.

OK, again major props to all those who are contributing their thoughts and ideas. Anywho...got some new pics&#33; First up...I know alot of you are worried about the transformation to the HULK...and vice versa...well heres a pic from the HULK book...apparently it is what the cgi transformation looks like...and if it does look like this...whoa:
http://www.angelfire.com/alt/mecha1/wizardhulk2.jpg
And then here are some pics that were scanned from a recent issue of Entertainment Weekly:
http://www.angelfire.com/alt/mecha1/ewjun2.jpg
http://www.angelfire.com/alt/mecha1/ewjun4.jpg
http://www.angelfire.com/alt/mecha1/ewjun5.jpg

Thats about it for now...although if I might add...is it me...or does the HULKs hair look really good? I mean...you can piss and whine about his cginess...but his hair looks awesome (dont ask me why Im focusing on his hair...its late...). I just posted the cooler of the pics available if you want to see more just check out this link: http://superherohype.com/cgi-bin/imageFoli...ie/Movie_Stills (http://superherohype.com/cgi-bin/imageFolio.cgi?direct=Hulk/The_Movie/Movie_Stills)

thegroggman
05-30-2003, 06:04 AM
removed

crazy_billy_bats
05-30-2003, 07:48 AM
have to say groggers...
His face looks a lot better close up in those pics...
Im sure his emotions will be shown well, but is it human emotions we will be seeing when he&#39;s hulked out?
is he not just the HULK&#33;&#33; when he&#39;s hulked out?? With no so-called "feelings" as it were. is he not just a blubbering huge mass of greenness going mad?&#33;&#33;&#33;

thegroggman
05-30-2003, 07:53 AM
Jeez Bill I posted that pic of the transformation just for you...and you didnt even coment on it...ungrateful bas...j/k LOL. Anywho....yeah his emotions should look really well done. They spent alot of time copying what Eric Bana does with his face...so that the HULK would be closely linked to Bruce Banner. And yeah...h experiences emotions as the HULK...hes mad (of course)...but he also shows his love for Betty, and is even sad at points. Think of him as a 4 year old...whos scared...and the only way he can deal is to get mad.

crazy_billy_bats
05-30-2003, 07:59 AM
hey shit sorry dude &#33;&#33; :lol: :lol:

i see it now...
and am impressed, i must admit...
the whole skin-ripping thing looks awesome.
but in cgi? how will the skin look changing shape and colour...?
still sceptical (although a lot less&#33;).
thanks man&#33;&#33; :D

EDIT:
Nolte will be awesome too :D

thegroggman
05-30-2003, 08:03 AM
see it now...
and am impressed, i must admit...
the whole skin-ripping thing looks awesome.
but in cgi? how will the skin look changing shape and colour...?

I got no idea bro...I hope it looks fing awesome...but only time will tell. But rest assured if a pic of the transformation appears on the wb Ill be sure to post it for you guys to oggle...I hope the transformation is as cool as the mockup though...cuz that whole skin ripping thing is awesome...ok..now this is my last post...seriously...Ill probably have news for you guys here in a couple hours...till then...nite B)

Goldwheelz
05-30-2003, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by thegroggman@29 May 2003 - 20:39
LOL...hey thats a question you are going to have to take up with Stan Lee and Jack Kirby. And out of all the things that you could be skeptical of youre worried about his pants? [shakes head]
It has always bugged me also that his pants always stay intact when everything else splits&#33; :huh:

Obviously it&#39;s due to decency, but it&#39;s hard to believe that the material of his pants could resist the pressure :lol: :lol:

Maybe it&#39;s just done to hide his embarassment :"> :-" :lol:

crazy_billy_bats
05-30-2003, 10:45 AM
...or maybe Betty would like his huge, throbbing green member exposed, so as she can go to work on it :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pitbul
05-30-2003, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Goldwheelz+30 May 2003 - 03:29--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Goldwheelz @ 30 May 2003 - 03:29)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--thegroggman@29 May 2003 - 20:39
It has always bugged me also that his pants always stay intact when everything else splits&#33; [/b][/quote]
so u admit that his pants not coming off bothers you IE you want his pants to be torn off and his wiener to come flying out? :huh: so u want to see his johnson? especially while hes doing that super fast running? if his pants came off in the movie i&#39;d up and walk out and pretend i didn&#39;t see that.

"i do not question what is better left un-said"

Pitbul
05-30-2003, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by crazy_billy_bats@30 May 2003 - 03:45
...or maybe Betty would like his huge, throbbing green member exposed, so as she can go to work on it :lol: :lol: :lol:
plz dont ever describe it. ::shakes his head:: now i gotta go drink until i forget everything that has happened in the past day :mellow: <_<

crazy_billy_bats
05-30-2003, 12:40 PM
well im sure you&#39;ve thought of it at some point...
and back to topic:
spidey looked shit in his CGI scenes (i thought), as did Neo ala Reloaded, what makes you think the Hulk will be any different?

From the trailer it seems his transformation starts off with blobs of green appearing on his face....

thegroggman
05-30-2003, 03:56 PM
LOL...all that...just about his short...[shakes head]. Anywho heres an exceprt from the recent EW article...enjoy :D

But last fall, Industrial Light & Magic showed the director and Universal some techniques that would allow for an even more realistic &#39;&#39;performance,&#39;&#39; particularly in how the Hulk&#39;s face could articulate emotions. Lee&#39;s conception of what was possible changed radically; a tender sequence between Connelly&#39;s Ross and the Hulk, for example, could now be constructed as a back-and-forth of intimate close-ups.

That would require reshoots, which took place earlier this year -- just after Connelly married her &#39;&#39;Beautiful Mind&#39;&#39; costar Paul Bettany and announced her pregnancy. (&#39;&#39;I was tired and crazy and a bit weepy on the edges,&#39;&#39; says the actress. &#39;&#39;I was like, &#39;Are you sure this is going to match [what was shot previously]? Are you sure it&#39;s going to cut together?&#39;&#39;&#39;) It would also require more dough -- an estimated &#036;20 million more.

Ever the hands-on auteur, Lee also decided he needed to oversee the work, which meant moving to Marin County for seven months. Moreover, Lee wanted to act out much of the character himself, instead of relying solely on the athletes, wrestlers, and others ILM had also filmed to create a template for their work. &#39;&#39;Really, only I know how he should act,&#39;&#39; says Lee, who likens his Hulk to Jackie Chan in Arnold Schwarzenegger&#39;s body. &#39;&#39;It was the only choice we had.&#39;&#39;

So, garbed in a wired motion-capture suit that recorded his movements, Lee performed everything from the raging &#39;&#39;Hulk smash&#33;&#39;&#39; to a swooning Hulk in love. Finally, Lee had found a venue that gave him permission to unleash his bottled-up emotions. &#39;&#39;It felt f---ing great,&#39;&#39; laughs Lee, whose catharsis cost him a bout with tendinitis. &#39;&#39;It was very therapeutic. I realized -- this is why I needed to do &#39;The Hulk.&#39;&#39;&#39;

crazy_billy_bats
05-30-2003, 05:01 PM
Nice...
thinking along the animatronics lines earlier....suppose it wasnt really possible, was it?
Where else did they use that shit, like Star Wars and stuff, right?
i suppose if he&#39;s goin to be that big that is unrealistic. I suppose the movements arnt too possible either.
But it can look a lot better than CGI my man....no?

thegroggman
05-30-2003, 08:13 PM
I dont know...they could have used Animatronics...but I think this film espechially is a turning point in cinematic history. Forget whether the film is good or not. Or whether the cgi is convincing. But instead think...this is really the first film where the lead is a cgi character (ok..ok...Roger Rabbit was a lead in his film...but that doesnt count). So even if HULK turns out to be crap...Universal has taken the first step forward...so as more films like this begin to come out, the cgi will get better and better. Some one had to have the courage to take the first step...and Ang Lee did just that. Now...I personally think the best option is always Animatronics/Cgi...best of both worlds...but for some of the things they have HULK doing in this film it just wouldnt have been feasable. And youve seen the close up of HULKs face...it has some striking human characteristics that you just wouldnt get with a &#39;pupet&#39;.

Goldwheelz
05-30-2003, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by Pitbul+30 May 2003 - 12:56--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Pitbul @ 30 May 2003 - 12:56)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Goldwheelz@30 May 2003 - 03:29
<!--QuoteBegin--thegroggman@29 May 2003 - 20:39
It has always bugged me also that his pants always stay intact when everything else splits&#33;
so u admit that his pants not coming off bothers you IE you want his pants to be torn off and his wiener to come flying out? :huh: so u want to see his johnson? especially while hes doing that super fast running? if his pants came off in the movie i&#39;d up and walk out and pretend i didn&#39;t see that.

"i do not question what is better left un-said" [/b][/quote]
No, it doesn&#39;t bother me in that respect :blink: :">

But, that is some stretch fabric&#33;&#33; :lol: :lol: :lol:

thegroggman
05-31-2003, 04:26 AM
*dougle post please remove*

thegroggman
05-31-2003, 07:07 AM
Hey guys, theres a new HULK vid out which you can find here (http://members.rogers.com/hulkfx/). Its ripped from the game..and goes into even more detail on the creation of the cgi HULK. I thought it was pretty interesting B)

thegroggman
05-31-2003, 02:25 PM
Got another new update for you folks. Its another behind the scens video, this time from the E&#33; channel...and its about hose crazy guys over at Industrial Light and Magic. Two things to watch out for in the video. One...Naked HULK...not a pretty picture my friends...and all the more better that he has those handy dandy purple pants. And second..they show the bad guy...for a split second...Im not going to tell you when or where...just look out for it. You can catch the video here (http://www.themoviebox.net/hulktv_ilm.htm). Or use the hash:

File: hulk_on_E.mov
Length: 8649908 Bytes,8447KB
UUHash: =c0cGsE8vEqU77Hx4fp82Ev8kF2o=

Cheers :D

crazy_billy_bats
05-31-2003, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by thegroggman@31 May 2003 - 14:25
And second..they show the bad guy...for a split second...Im not going to tell you when or where...just look out for it
tell me when and where man &#33;&#33; i cant see it &#33;&#33;

and i have to admit.....he&#39;s lookin better &#33;&#33;

:lol: lee looked gay in that CGI suit tho &#33;

thegroggman
05-31-2003, 03:50 PM
tell me when and where man &#33;&#33; i cant see it &#33;&#33; Ill give you a hint...hes not in video form...or in cgi..hes a drawing on a piece of paper...dont blink or youll miss it.

Pitbul
05-31-2003, 04:30 PM
have n e of u played the new game? i downloaded it off a torrent site then used the Patch from gamecopyworld its pretty good. simple yet fun. some part like the boss fights are hard.

Pitbul
05-31-2003, 04:33 PM
ooo i saw the bad guy. is he really gonna be in the movie? hes in drawn form. and it shows it for about 1 second literally.

thegroggman
06-01-2003, 05:45 AM
have n e of u played the new game? i downloaded it off a torrent site then used the Patch from gamecopyworld its pretty good. simple yet fun. some part like the boss fights are hard. LOL...well I preordered the game...but I have yet to go pick it up. Ive been real busy as of late...but I should have some time coming up so I cant wait to play the bejeezus out of the game.

ooo i saw the bad guy. is he really gonna be in the movie? hes in drawn form. and it shows it for about 1 second literally. LOL...is he going to be in the movie...hmmm :rolleyes: ...hey I dont want to give away key plot points...but would they draw a bad guy who wouldnt be in the film? If your really anxious to find out you can pick up the official book. Thats what I did...it hyped me up even more for the film.

Pitbul
06-01-2003, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by thegroggman@31 May 2003 - 22:45

ooo i saw the bad guy. is he really gonna be in the movie? hes in drawn form. and it shows it for about 1 second literally. LOL...is he going to be in the movie...hmmm :rolleyes: ...hey I dont want to give away key plot points...but would they draw a bad guy who wouldnt be in the film? If your really anxious to find out you can pick up the official book. Thats what I did...it hyped me up even more for the film.
oh well i wasn&#39;t sure but i cant wait to see what he looks like.sometimes they will draw out a character just to see if he would fit in or would be possible to produce.

Jibbler
06-01-2003, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by thegroggman@31 May 2003 - 10:25
File: hulk_on_E.mov

Drugs are bad, or did you mean the E channel? :-"

Hey groggman, great pics again. Have we determined who the Hulk enemy will be in the new film? I&#39;m reading the current Hulk storyline and he&#39;s involved with Doc Sampson. Any chance he might be in the film? Keep up the good work. B)

thegroggman
06-01-2003, 04:40 PM
Drugs are bad, or did you mean the E channel? E channael? Whats the E channel... :huh: J/k...anyway...
As for the question everyone has been asking...the bad guy. Well Im pretty sure I know who it is...I read the novel...and usually the films stick pretty close...but I cant be too certain. Although my suspicions wre possibly confirmed by a picture that flys by in the HULK_on_E.mov file. Watch it again and check for a hand drawn picture that goes by. Thats who I think the bad guy is...yes he has a name...but until I confim it, I dont want to post it. Im wating to see some real hard eveidence i.e. Pics from the films, r possibly even storyboards. Speaking of which...I gotta real treat for you guys. Storyboards of the HULK vs. HULK dogs scene. Props go to sayitisntso to ripping these from the game. So...here you go:
http://www.angelfire.com/alt/mecha1/pic30.jpghttp://www.angelfire.com/alt/mecha1/pic31.jpg
http://www.angelfire.com/alt/mecha1/pic32.jpghttp://www.angelfire.com/alt/mecha1/pic34.jpg
http://www.angelfire.com/alt/mecha1/pic36.jpghttp://www.angelfire.com/alt/mecha1/pic37.jpg
http://www.angelfire.com/alt/mecha1/pic38.jpghttp://www.angelfire.com/alt/mecha1/pic39.jpg
http://www.angelfire.com/alt/mecha1/pic40.jpg

From the looks of the storyboards, Im thinking that scene is going to be brutal. There are some more storyboards to post...including one...where If its included in the film..I think it just nails the character of &#39;the HULK&#39; youll know why when you see it. Ill post those up later today though. Oh and Jibb about Doc Sampson...hmm...well in the comics him and General Ross have been chasing him since the beggining...but espechially after Betty&#39;s death. You shuld see what happens to Sampson in the BANNER mini series...good stuff. As for in the film...I havent heard anything about it...maybe hell make a word cameo (such as &#39;Eddie Brock&#39; did in Spider-Man)...but we&#39;ll see.

Edit: Oh...and if you guys want Ill post a screen capture of the drawing of the villian...and if you guys really want...his name. But remember...its purely speculation at this point.

crazy_billy_bats
06-01-2003, 04:44 PM
you come up trumps again bro&#33;&#33;

they look fuckin bad-ass.
i want to see that scene now. i think the fighting is going to be awesome in it if those boards are anything to go by.

and YES &#33;
do post the pic and the name of the guy because i still aint seen him &#33;&#33;&#33;
:lol:

thegroggman
06-01-2003, 05:13 PM
*POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

again...

SPOILERS MAY BE INCLUDED IN THIS POST

ok...heres the pic...

http://www.angelfire.com/alt/mecha1/eh.jpg

and his name is.......................................................................................................

Absorbing Dad

But remember this is all specualtion at this point...

silverccrow
06-02-2003, 12:48 AM
Could u post the bittorrent link to download the game u tell us ?????????
I dont find the game
thanx&#33;&#33; ;)

thegroggman
06-02-2003, 01:35 AM
Hey silvercrow...I have absolutely no idea what torrent site has the HULK game. Id check Gameworld...the guys in there would probably know more about it than me. I bought mine from the store. Anywho...back to the movie. I have the next set of storyboards that I promised...and well...this looks like one of the coolest secene in the movie....the battle in the desert:
http://www.angelfire.com/alt/mecha1/pic41.jpghttp://www.angelfire.com/alt/mecha1/pic42.jpg
http://www.angelfire.com/alt/mecha1/pic43.jpghttp://www.angelfire.com/alt/mecha1/pic44.jpg
http://www.angelfire.com/alt/mecha1/pic45.jpghttp://www.angelfire.com/alt/mecha1/pic46.jpg
http://www.angelfire.com/alt/mecha1/pic48.jpghttp://www.angelfire.com/alt/mecha1/pic47.jpg
These two are my personal favorite, because they really represent who HULK is. Sure to those chasing him he is just a green monster...but he is really a tortured soul...he doesnt want to hurt...which is why he rescues that bunny...its a simple gesture...but I think it says alot about how Ang is taking this film.

http://www.angelfire.com/alt/mecha1/pic49.jpghttp://www.angelfire.com/alt/mecha1/pic50.jpg

thegroggman
06-02-2003, 01:36 AM
http://www.angelfire.com/alt/mecha1/pic51.jpghttp://www.angelfire.com/alt/mecha1/pic52.jpg
http://www.angelfire.com/alt/mecha1/pic53.jpghttp://www.angelfire.com/alt/mecha1/pic54.jpg

And thats it...those are the official storyboards...so It looks as though the battle in the desert is going to be cool as hell. Cant wait...and HULK underwater...hmmm wonder what thats going to look like B)

thegroggman
06-02-2003, 01:37 AM
*double post* please remove

Schmiggy_JK23
06-02-2003, 04:03 AM
i think the "hulk dogs" are a bad... bad idea...

Pitbul
06-02-2003, 04:54 AM
the Hulk Dogs are the best bad guys/dogs in the movie they look cool i cant wait to see the Pitbull Hulk dog in action.

thegroggman
06-02-2003, 05:45 AM
I dont know, at first I was skeptical about the HULK dogs...I mean it seemed like a real goofy idea. But from the storyboards, and the reports of it being a real brutal scene. It should be pretty cool.

majinssjvegetto
06-02-2003, 06:00 AM
The Hulk Game is on kazaa. three parts, each about 700 megs.
Dunno if its real.
35 people had it, yet I haven&#39;t been able to get one byte downloaded with two days of waiting.

Schmiggy_JK23
06-02-2003, 06:05 AM
I so want this movie to be the epic struggle of man vs beast, that it can be, but im so worried about a big stinky egg....

I wont touch a review of this, till i see it. So i guess I gotta see it that friday, as AICN will surely spoil their opinion in the headlines...

thegroggman
06-02-2003, 06:09 AM
Hmmm....I dont think Im worried about the story for this film one bit. If there is one thing Ang lee knows...its drama. I think he will be able to show the tragic struggle between Bruce and his alter ego. And your right about AICN ruining this film...or for that matter...any big film. Do they even give spoiler warnings anymore? And half of the reviews on the site are incomprehensible.

crazy_billy_bats
06-02-2003, 09:07 AM
this might be a little off-topic, but, what is up with those eyebrows?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/hottopics/superheroes/images/hulk.jpg

thegroggman
06-02-2003, 05:20 PM
LOl..yeah well Lou Ferrigano must have had a grooming problem...

Anywho...just a simple update for now, about a special that Sci-Fi is going to be running:

I thought that I would share this bit of news with you about Sci Fi Channel doing a TV Special dedicated to the "Hulk" movie special is called HULK:THE LOW DOWN which will first air on Wednesday, June 18th, at 10PM & 2AM ET/PT. You will be able to find this news on this link. http://www.scifi.com/onair/specials/

SCI FI brings you the ONLY behind-the-scenes feature on one of the summer&#39;s most anticipated films&#33; Hosted by co-stars Josh Lucas (Major Glenn Talbot) and Sam Elliott (General Thaddeus &#39;Thunderbolt&#39; Ross), this first-look specials boasts world-premiere clips from the feature film, behind-the-scenes footage and exclusive on-set interviews with the cast, crew and creators, including Eric Bana, Jennifer Connelly, Nick Nolte, director Ang Lee and (no relation&#33;) Marvel Comics&#39; Stan Lee.

Airs Wednesday, June 18, at 10PM & 2AM ET/PT
Thursday, June 19, at 5PM ET/PT
Friday, June 20, at 4PM & 7PM ET/PT
Saturday, June 21, at 10AM ET/PT
Sunday, June 22, at 11PM ET/PT

I know I im going to watch B)

thegroggman
06-03-2003, 03:36 AM
Well...I reported in this earlier...but now its official. Last Saturday there was the first screening of HULK. Chicago Sun-Times was the first to report on it:

HULKING UP: At the first public screening of "The Hulk" (in the Alfred Hitchcock Theater on the Universal lot) Saturday night, security was very tight. Cell phones were checked to see if they contained camera features, and guards used wands on reporters to detect recording devices, etc. Director Ang Lee made a surprise appearance, telling the reporters that Universal and all those involved in producing "The Hulk" gave him everything he needed, "all the money I needed to make this the way I wanted to make it." So, Lee said, "If the movie sucks, it&#39;s all MY fault&#33;"

**One of the biggest laughs at "The Hulk" screening came early on, when Lou Ferrigno, the star of the old TV show "The Incredible Hulk," walked across the screen in a quick cameo, playing a security guard.

It would be nice to go to a screening...cuz I dont know if I can wait the next 18 days :(

thegroggman
06-03-2003, 08:55 AM
The webmaster over at thehulk.com was one of the individual invited to the screening....although no one is allowed to post any reviews till the week of the release ( I think we&#39;ll see one earlier..) heres what he had to say:

"Yeah, I was there. Unfortunately, none of us are supposed to post any type of review until the week of the release. Universal has treated me very well, and I will honor the request.

But I will say this, as the self apointed king of the Hulk "geeks", this was the defintely the Hulk that I grew up reading. I am a little sad that, for me, the anticipation is over, and I am jealous that you guys still have that. You will not be dissapointed.

I will say that all of actors, directors, and animators were top notch people who really handled our character the way we would have wanted. I would defintely want the same crew involved in the sequel, which by the way, has aleady begun scripting."

Coming from a guy like him that says alot....and heres another short tidbit from a viewer...

I was there, I&#39;m not really supposed to talk about it, but you guys know the story anyways.
But I&#39;ll give a typical summary.
8/10. It was better than Spider-man and as good as X2 (if not better). WAYYY better than the Matrix Reloaded. And the CG is only rough in a couple of spots. But most of the movie, the CGI is perfect. I only have a couple of small complaints about it, but overall it was another hit by Marvel. Even though, it never had a real Marvel feel to it. It was an adult comic book movie. Wouldn&#39;t take the kids to see it, they probably wouldn&#39;t understand it, and they could possibly find it scary. But who knows.

An adult Marvel film...all I can say is fin-a-freakinly.

Finally a great piece from The Observer on this summers films including HULK:

Can the Hulk cut it? Has Lara had her day?

Now The Matrix has raised the blockbuster stakes, someone&#39;s sure to catch a summer cold

Anne Thompson
Sunday June 1, 2003
The Observer

Green is the new colour in Hollywood. It&#39;s the colour of the Matrix, the computer grid that isn&#39;t real, and it&#39;s the colour of the green screens that filmmakers

ADVERTISEMENT

like Andy and Larry Wachowski use to shoot effects movies like The Matrix Reloaded. The masters of green-screen filmmaking have become the most sought-after stars in Hollywood today.
These are the digital effects wizards who manipulate the bytes of cyberspace, and none is more in demand than John Gaeta, who made it possible for the Wachowskis to nimbly choreograph the cinematic balance between flesh-and-blood actors leaping in empty green rooms and hundreds of digital clones swirling in impossible circles in the air.

Today&#39;s summer event-movies have become like old Hollywood musicals, with often flimsy plot structures buoyed up by fantastic larger-than-life action sequences. Visual effects have morphed from Roy Harryhausen&#39;s rickety stop-motion skeletons in 1958&#39;s Seventh Voyage of Sinbad to premier visual-effects house Industrial Light and Magic&#39;s computer-graphic demon skeletons battling swashbuckler Johnny Depp in Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of The Black Pearl (known in the trade as &#39;Mummies on the High Sea&#39;). The studios are in the habit of hiring ILM&#39;s digital magicians to make their summer movies special, from Jurassic Park, Twister and The Perfect Storm to The Mummy.

Now the stakes have been raised higher than ever as audiences expect more for their money. There&#39;s an enormous difference between the ground-breaking effects that the Wachowskis can create, and the rest of the summer action movies, which farm out individual sequences to costly but reliable ILM and other smaller independent effects houses, which are always on the verge of going out of business. (Sony runs its own cash-guzzler, Sony Imageworks - Spider-Man, Bad Boys II, while DreamWorks owns PDI, which was responsible for Shrek ).

As Matrix Reloaded races towards a &#036;275 million US box office, it&#39;s going to be a hard act to follow for the season&#39;s other action adventures. ( X-Men 2 grabbed its money early and ran.) The studios that have lavished millions on effects movies to rival Matrix Reloaded are sweating bullets. They all know that somebody&#39;s going to strike out this summer.

The fattest bullseye is on another green movie, Universal&#39;s &#036;120m Hulk. It is preceded by enormous expectations (like Pearl Harbor ); it&#39;s based on a beloved Marvel comic (like Spider-Man); and it relies on well-executed mammoth-scale effects (like Godzilla ). Hulk director Ang Lee ( Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon ), unproven in this genre, is taking a hands-on approach with ILM. If the green monster, whose size inflates with his rage, doesn&#39;t work, neither does the movie.

Typically, internet fans have already weighed in on the Hulk&#39;s look: too cartoonish, too Shrek. Universal vice-chairman Marc Shmuger counters that he just hasn&#39;t been able to reveal the best stuff: &#39;The most spectacular effects were back-loaded. We&#39;re now getting to where we can show off what we have.&#39;

At least Hulk offers moviegoers something they haven&#39;t seen before. Now they&#39;ve seen Matrix Reloaded, a slew of costly sequels that once looked sure-fire may now seem tired. Angelina Jolie brought her video game heroine to life in 2001&#39;s Lara Croft: Tomb Raider, but the movie had little in the way of a story. Still, game fans demanded more Indiana-Jones-style movie action and Paramount green-lit Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life directed by Jan DeBont ( Twister ). &#39;We have to deliver a good movie this time,&#39; admits one Paramount executive. But when Croft rappels down the side of a building head-first with twin guns blazing, moviegoers will know that Trinity (Carrie Ann Moss) did it better in Reloaded.

In the &#036;175m Terminator 3, the latest cyborg threat is red-leathered Terminatrix Kristanna Loken. She not only has to stand up to Arnie, but to Jolie and Carrie Anne Moss too. Not to mention Demi Moore, fallen angel in Full Throttle, latest in the Charlie&#39;s Angels franchise. In 2000, Charlie&#39;s Angels played to women, who enjoyed the sexy repartee. It was novel to see these babes using Matrix-style high-wire kicks. Full Throttle, sets out to deliver action for the guys too. But &#39;boys don&#39;t like to see kick-ass females&#39; asserts one marketing chief, who thinks the film risks alienating both constituencies.

It&#39;s hard to imagine women flocking to see Michael Bay&#39;s Bad Boys II, even if it does star Will Smith (plus a phalanx of flying cars), or John Singleton&#39;s 2 Fast 2 Furious (ditto), or Clark Johnson&#39;s TV remake SWAT (Colin Farrell notwithstanding). And The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, based on the Alan Moore comics, looks like another take on the X Men 2 band of superheroes. Studio marketers must figure out how to make these movies pop. &#39;I don&#39;t know if you can be mid-range and survive,&#39; says Columbia marketing president Geoff Ammer.

Success often comes from taking chances and trying something daring, fresh and different - like the first Matrix. &#39;Hollywood hates and fears having to be creative,&#39; says Landmark Cinema marketing chief Ray Price. &#39;What&#39;s hard is to take on something that has no identity.&#39;

So Universal gets some counter-programming points for opening horse-racing drama Seabiscuit, starring Spider-Man Tobey Maguire as a Depression-era jockey. And Paramount chairman Sherry Lansing made a gutsy move when she greenlit the &#036;75m The Italian Job. A remake of the cult 1969 caper, it boasts a non-marquee cast (Edward Norton, Mark Wahlberg, Charlize Theron) and earthbound Mini Cooper stunts instead of effects. &#39;Summer is no place for the faint of heart,&#39; says anxious producer Donald DeLine. &#39;Each year it&#39;s got more daunting, worse and worse, in terms of each movie being a blockbuster brand.&#39;

Many of the summer movies that catch on are 100 per cent new. Pixar production chief John Lasseter has an unmatched record with blockbuster original comedies. (His four animated smashes in a row - Toy Story, Toy Story 2, A Bug&#39;s Life and Monsters Inc - have grossed &#036;1.7bn worldwide.) The neon-bright underwater comedy adventure Finding Nemo, with the voices of Albert Brooks and Ellen DeGeneres, makes Disney/Pixar five for five.

Robert Rodriguez, too, has major cojones. He not only made his summer sequel, Spy Kids 3-D: Game Over, on a &#036;35m shoestring, but he had the temerity to satirise The Matrix&#33;

The studios aren&#39;t wasting any time staking their summer 2004 claims with a rash of costly effects extravaganzas and sequels: monster mash Van Helsing, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Vin Diesel in the Pitch Black sequel The Chronicles of Riddick, Shrek 2, Spider-Man 2, Will Smith in Isaac Asimov&#39;s I, Robot and the TV remake Thunderbirds. As toymaker Sylvester Stallone intones in Spy Kids 3-D: &#39;This childish game will soon be over. And a new game will soon begin.&#39;

· Green-fingered growth industry

One sign that The Hulk will pull in moviegoers, initially at least, is that toy stores can&#39;t get enough green Hulk hands. Last summer stores sold 3.5 million Spider-Man web blasters; orders for Hulk hands have already topped 5 million.

Where&#39;s the romance?

You&#39;d think the studios would have turned out a raft of romantic comedies after last summer&#39;s Big Fat Greek Wedding grossed over &#036;240m. Not so. The ultra-stylish Down with Love, starring Ewan McGregor and Renée Zellweger as Fifties incarnations of Rock Hudson and Doris Day, hasn&#39;t got a thumbs-up from the American movie public. And while over-exposed stars Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez fell in love while making Gigli, disputes over the film&#39;s ending and tone have nearly brought Revolution studio chief Joe Roth and director Marty Brest to blows. Is it a gangster buddy comedy, or romantic action adventure? Early reports suggest it may be what Hollywood calls a &#39;tweener&#39; - a movie that winds up pleasing no one.

A funny thing happened ...

With fears of terrorism on the rise, the US box office dipped 9 per cent from January to April, but comedies during the same period were up 25 per cent. Which may explain why Jim Carrey in Bruce Almighty trounced The Matrix Reloaded in its second weekend. And hopes are high for summer comedy entries Johnny English, American Wedding, Freaky Friday, Legally Blonde:Red White and Blonde and Spy Kids 3-D. Even Hollywood Homicide could benefit if straight men Harrison Ford and Josh Hartnett manage to squeeze a few laughs out of the exhausted buddy cop genre.

Ed&#39;s heroic villain

Edward Norton is landing some strong praise for his role as a sleazy villain in The Italian Job, which Paramount studio chief Sherry Lansing forced him to perform by holding him to a contract dating back to 1996&#39;s Primal Fear. He complained bitterly, but on set he manfully did his duty.

Good stuff B)

Edit: Whoa...just found this...Turns out Ang is finally done:

HOLLYWOOD (Zap2it.com) -- Director Ang Lee says he just completed the final print of "The Hulk," at 2 a.m. June 2, just hours before he was supposed to give interviews to the press.

He greeted the press corps for a screening Sunday night at the Universal Studios Alfred Hitch**** Theatre and then went back to the lab to finish the film that will be released to the public on June 20.

"I was still working a lot at the lab, I was still tweaking the release print in the lab at the studio," Lee tells Zap2it.com in an interview Monday (June 2.)

Producer Gale Anne Hurd says the perfectionist director, who was an Academy Award nominee for "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon," was working late into the morning to get the print completed. "There were minor things he wanted to adjust," she says.

Lee said at the the screening, "I got a big budget and everything I wanted from the studio, so if this movie sucks it&#39;s all my fault."

The film, starring Eric Bana and Jennifer Connelly, co-stars Nick Nolte and Sam Elliot who were giving interviews Monday. Connelly canceled because she is pregnant. At the press junket on Monday, Nolte had trouble getting onto the studio lot because his name wasn&#39;t at the gate.

"It&#39;s OK, the security is super tight these days," says Hurd. "They wouldn&#39;t let me on the lot this morning either."

But Bana says that his limo driver talked to the guard when Bana didn&#39;t have is ID to get into the lot.

"He said to the guard, &#39;Hey, this guy in the back is the Hulk, and you don&#39;t want him to get angry,&#39; " Bana tells Zap2it.

June 20...so far... :(

thegroggman
06-03-2003, 06:22 PM
OK...the stuff is just flooding in now...

Avi talks to Playboy:

In the July 2003 issue of Playboy, Avi Arad discusses The Hulk and other Marvel adaptations in a short interview. Thought you&#39;d all enjoy:

Q: What is it about The Hulk that keeps you up at night?
A: The terror is that we&#39;re making a creature that&#39;s completely CGI but must interact in a believable way with it&#39;s environment and real actors. We want you to watch the Hulk and actually see his emotions. That&#39;s a minefield.

Q: When a picture turned up on the web, some people said Hulk looked more like Shrek.
A: I used to go nuts over this Internet stuff. With Marvel, there&#39;s a pretty passionate community out there that cares so much they sometimes beat us over the head. Any breathing male with red blood in his veins is going to see this movie regardless.

Q: How is it decided which of Marvel&#39;s 4700 characters gets the big-screen treatment next?
A: With the comics, computer games and animated shows doing well, the geek community gets bigger and bigger, and they&#39;ll go to any Marvel film. Daredevil was - no ifs, ands, or buts - Ben Affleck in a red costume and that&#39;s it. A small character, risky business. It had a record opening weekend and finally made &#036;100 million.

Q: Did you foresee that Spider-Man would be such a huge success?
A: When Marvel was facing bankruptcy, I begged the big bankers to give us a second chance, saying, "Don&#39;t sell yourselves short, guys. Spider-Man alone will make a billion." I was only off by &#036;600 million.

Q:What is your least favorite superhero costume?
A: Let&#39;s put it this way - you haven&#39;t seen it on the screen. Costumes cause the most soul-searching on every movie. If we make X-Men costumes as colorful as they are in the comics, will it look like a New Year&#39;s Eve ball in Italy?

Q: Do you think the superhero movie boom will fade soon?
A: As long as we zigzag and make the characters compelling, the sky&#39;s the limit. What people remember about these movies in not guys in tights flipping between buildings. We&#39;re penetrating the masses now. You can&#39;t generate &#036;100 million and the box office just from comic book geeks.

Comics2Film interviews HULK screenwriter:

On Friday, Comics2Film/CBR News presented part one of our interview with "Hulk" screenwriter John Turman. Turman talked about the excitement of his first job with a major studio being work on a comic character he&#39;d always loved. In part two Turman gives additional insights into bringing jade jaws to the silver screen, and which other projects are on the horizon for him.

CGI LEADING MAN

In the mid 1990s, CGI effects were just starting to explode. Turman recalls that early on they were talking about rendering the Hulk as a virtual actor.

"I started out as a storyboard artist and I remember in my early meetings with Gale Hurd, I brought in a few sketches even though I was just the writer," Turman said. "I know that we had a number of discussions about the look of the Hulk. I had always seen him as a CGI wrapped around the actor. I just felt that it would be very difficult to paint a body builder green in this day and age."

Turman may have been influenced by another movie, which was one of the first to present compelling organic creations in CGI. "I remember in an early outline I described the Hulk as looking more like a dinosaur from &#39;Jurassic Park&#39; than a body builder. I had always wanted that thick, big-limbed, force-of-nature look to it."

So does the CGI leading man look as good as Turman envisioned eight years ago?

"At this point, I&#39;ve only seen the trailers and it looks great to me," Turman told C2F/CBR News. "I&#39;m trying to separate out how much of that is my rooting interest in it and how much of it is just being a fan."

NOT EASY BEING A FAN

C2F asked Turman what impact being comics literate has on his screenwriting career.

"It makes me a lot more frustrated. I grew up on that stuff and its tough because you know there are things that you know would make wonderful films and you don&#39;t have the clout to get them done," Turman said. Being a comics guru also has its pluses.

"I think it helps now because comic book films are hot this year," Turman said, but the increased interest brings increased competition. "I&#39;ve been working on these types of projects and trying to move them forward through production through most of my career on and off. Lately the market is tougher because there&#39;s a lot more people who want to get on the bandwagon."

However, understanding the language of both comics and films may give writers like Turman an edge in translating them.

"There&#39;s one big difference in how comics are consumed and how films are. With a comic you sit there with a page and you can look at a panel or a page as long as you want. The pacing of that story is largely up to the reader. With film, they unfold in a set period of time. The weight to give a scene and an image is the filmmaker&#39;s choice. It starts with the writer but real quickly it&#39;s the director."

Another fundamental difference is the episodic nature of comics versus the self-contained nature of film. However, Turman sees a blending of those ideas that benefits both mediums.

"You&#39;ve got a lot more comics which are graphic novels with self-contained stories that unfold like films. Conversely, films are recognizing the power and the audience&#39;s interest in investing in a character or a group of characters and watching their continuing adventures, like the old serials did," Turman said.

This blending leads to blockbuster fare like "The Matrix."

NON-COMICS COMIC FILMS

As "The Matrix" demonstrated, not all the best superhero movies are based on comic books.

"I believe that the best comic book films aren&#39;t always based on comic books," Turman said. "To me a great comic book film is &#39;Matrix&#39; or &#39;Indiana Jones&#39; or &#39;Terminator&#39; or &#39;Robocop.&#39; I love these films.

"I&#39;ve tended to feel in the past that those films are better comic book films because they take the characters really seriously."

The old belief on the part of Hollywood that comic books were a second-rate genre had the contradictory effect of allowing for well-made genre fare that was comic-like, but often soured projects that were actually based on comics.

"In the past I&#39;ve found it&#39;s often hard to get the studio executives to take the desires of the characters as seriously as they do films that aren&#39;t based on a comic book source," Turman said.&nbsp;

That trend appears to be changing, with the advent of movies like "X-Men" which took Marvel&#39;s mutants dead seriously.

"From what I can tell of the final film of &#39;The Hulk,&#39; they&#39;re taking the character seriously, which is why I&#39;m thrilled to be a part of it and am so encouraged by the final product."

NEW COMIC-LIKE HEROES

To that end, Turman has turned his attention to a new big-screen action hero.

"&#39;Casca&#39; is based on a series of novels by Barry Sadler," Turman said of his new project, which blends military and religious themes. "They&#39;re based on a character who was a roman soldiers who, legend has it, pierced the side of Christ on the cross. As a result of that he was blessed or cursed to never die and to walk the earth, from battle to battle for over 2000 years."

The movie is set in the present day. Scott Kroopf and Tom Engelman ("Pitch Black") are producing under their Radar Pictures banner.

"It&#39;s sort of an existential action film. A character who&#39;s been alive for so long, his purpose and meaning have gotten lost through time," Turman said.

Turman also revealed that he&#39;s writing an original spec script that, while comic-like in certain aspects, is not based on pre-existing comics.

OTHER COMIC MOVIES

As a comic fan, Turman continues to pursue comic-based movie projects. While he&#39;s pitched several, he told C2F that a few still hold his interest.

"I&#39;m not currently involved with the Silver Surfer but I sure would love to be again. I like the character and I was very proud of that script," Turman said, having taken a crack at the character a few years ago.

He&#39;d also love to take a pass at "Doc Savage" or Will Eisner&#39;s "The Spirit." Of course, he&#39;d also like to continue to delve into the mind that created "The Hulk."

"The guy who really created modern comics is Jack Kirby. So in many ways his stuff is first and oldest, yet in many ways his creations seem to have the most complexity and translate the best to film," Turman said, citing "The Hulk" and "X-Men" as examples.&nbsp;

"There&#39;s a reason that Jack Kirby is such a seminal figure. His stuff endures. I would consider it an honor and a treat to work on any of his concepts."

In talking with Mike France after the final determination of credits on "The Hulk," Turman realized they were both big fans of another Kirby concept called "Challengers of the Unknown."

"That&#39;s not a super-hero comic, but it&#39;s sort of a cross between &#39;Fantastic Four&#39; and &#39;Doc Savage&#39; and &#39;Indiana Jones.&#39; That would be a dream project. If anybody out there is reading this and working at Warners, give me and Mike a crack at &#39;Challengers.&#39;"

Until he gets the "Challengers" gig, Turman will have to be content with seeing his first and favorite work on the screen next month. "The Hulk" smashes into theaters June 20.

Rockers watch screening...make music..and stuff:

Music from the Motion Picture, The Hulk, to Be Released on Decca/UMG Soundtracks June 17, 2003

Tuesday June 3, 9:06 am ET

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--June 3, 2003--Universal Classics
Including the Exclusive New Track, "Set Me Free," Performed by

Super Group Featuring Scott Weiland (Stone Temple Pilots), Slash,

Duff McKagan and Matt Sorum, Formerly of Guns N&#39; Roses, and Dave

Kushner of Suicidal Tendencies

Original Film Score by Danny Elfman

The soundtrack for the highly anticipated film, The Hulk, will be released on Decca/UMG Soundtracks June 17, 2003.

Scoring the original soundtrack is famed composer, Danny Elfman, whose unmistakable music has been featured in several blockbuster movies, including Spider-Man, Batman and Men In Black II. The soundtrack also includes a new exclusive track, "Set Me Free," which was inspired by the film and recorded by an all-new super group featuring Scott Weiland (Stone Temple Pilots; vocals), Slash (Guns N&#39; Roses; guitar), Duff McKagan (Guns N&#39; Roses; bass), Matt Sorum (Guns N&#39; Roses; drums) and Dave Kushner (Suicidal Tendencies; guitar). This is the first-ever commercially available track from this new hard rock mega-group and can be downloaded exclusively on Apple&#39;s iTunes Music Store from June 8, 2003 through June 17, 2003.

The currently unnamed band was invited by director Ang Lee to see an early cut of the film, which inspired them to write a powerful song that would match the movie in both theme and intensity. Slash commented, "Writing songs is really cool, but if you get inspired to do it for a really good movie, the outcome is more fulfilling. We got a certain energy from watching the film, and we wanted to do something that would be really appropriate for it. The Hulk is a very dramatic version of the same stuff that we all go through. All this bottled-up tension is what the song&#39;s about, so it&#39;s a pretty good marriage: the theme of the song and what The Hulk is all about."

Added Scott Weiland, "Ang Lee had a lot of intensity about the movie and his art form." He met with the band following their screening and provided some additional ideas and inspiration for lyrics that would closely reflect the story of Bruce Banner and his struggle with his monstrous alter-ego, The Hulk.

Lending his dramatic musical talents to the film, Danny Elfman composed a riveting score highlighting the intensity of this compelling story. It is no surprise that Elfman was chosen to score The Hulk, given his previous work on a wide variety of projects including; Spider-Man, Red Dragon, Batman, Planet of the Apes, Men In Black II, Good Will Hunting, Mission Impossible, most of Tim Burton&#39;s movies, including Edward Scissorhands, Beetlejuice and cult classic The Nightmare Before Christmas. He is also the composer behind the infectious, quirky theme for The Simpsons. Tim Burton has described Elfman as "a real artist in the sense that he is like his music and his music is like him. He brings that intuitive excitement to a project. He brings that intuitive excitement to a project. He respects tradition without doing it exactly."

Always an active presence in the world of film world, Danny Elfman has been nominated for several Grammys, including Planet of the Apes for "Best Score Soundtrack Album For A Motion Picture, Television or Other Visual Media" and Batman and The Nightmare Before Christmas. He won a Grammy for "Best Instrumental Composition" for "The Batman Theme."

The Hulk was directed by acclaimed filmmaker Ang Lee (Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, Ride With The Devil, Sense and Sensibility). Lee&#39;s concept for the film adaptation of the Marvel Comic, The Hulk, combines all the elements of a blockbuster including the visual effects of an intensive Super Hero movie with the brooding romance and tragedy of Universal&#39;s classic horror films. Lee and his team have done an amazing job of depicting The Hulk as both a Super Hero and a monster while still managing to update and modernize the characters in the movie.

The movie stars Eric Bana (Black Hawk Down) as scientist Bruce Banner, whose inner demons transform him in the aftermath of a catastrophic experiment. Jennifer Connelly (A Beautiful Mind) portrays Betty Ross, whose scientific genius unwittingly helps unleash The Hulk. Nick Nolte (The Thin Red Line) plays Banner&#39;s brilliant father, who passes on a tragic legacy to his son, and Sam Elliott (The Contender) portrays the commander of a top-secret military research center. Universal Pictures will release The Hulk on June 20 in theaters everywhere.

I also have a handful of new pics to post (one of them is in my sig...) ...when I have time to Ill post those along with any new stuff that comes up. Cheers :D

thegroggman
06-04-2003, 05:27 AM
Whoa...Dark Horizons posted an interview with Bruce Banner himself:

Eric Bana is the latest Australian seeking Hollywood gold and The Hulk may well be his ticket to superstardom. PAUL FISCHER reports.

Question: Was it your butt or a double?

Answer: It was mine. It was mine. Doubles, I’m not at that point in my career yet where I could ask for one, so no. It was my freezing ass up in The Sequoias.

Question: How do you feel about the digital character building off of your performance?

Answer: I guess it’s something you’re not really- - on a day to day sense, you’re not really consciously aware of. You’re aware of the pressure of Bruce Banner having to work. Otherwise we’re all in trouble. But no, there were never a lot of conscious decisions I would make that would be about ‘Okay, well, later on when the Hulk does this…’ Pretty much, I have to service Bruce because I knew it was kind of the other way around. I knew that ILM would be chasing what I was doing in a lot of respects. And when I saw the film, that was the thing that I was most thrilled about, was I felt like they had totally managed to drag character into that CGI figure. That was what blew me away. Not only was it beautiful- - I thought the effects were actually beautiful in the film, but I thought that they had really actually put character into it.

Question: How much did you know about the Hulk?

Answer: I was very familiar with the television series. I’ve probably seen every episode and I wasn’t a huge comic book reader as a kid. So, I guess the television show was the only thing I was really familiar with.

Question: Did you test for the part?

Answer: No, I didn’t. Not in the traditional sense.

Question: Why do you think you got this role?

Answer: I’m too scared to ask Ang. I don’t know what transpired. I know it was a combination of things but I don’t exactly know. There were times in pre-production where I started to freak out and wanted to ask him. I thought no. I don’t need to be aware of it.

Question: Wasn’t it Chopper?

Answer: Yeah, I’m sure the stuff that I’d done in the past had a big bearing which was very flattering. It was kind of nice not having to audition obviously. I probably wouldn’t have got the part if I had to audition. So yeah, but I never really specifically said, ‘So, what elements are we looking for here?’ I just kind of didn’t want to know.

Question: How much will this change your career, or has it already?

Answer: Yeah, it has a bit. I mean, for the last, I guess, year and a half, two years, there’s been some wonderful opportunities and offers and I take them all very seriously and try to be very choosy. That, to me, is the greatest guarantee in what’s happening to me now and obviously it helped me find this incredible role that I’m doing now over on Troy. Yeah, it opens up doors and that, to me is where it’s at.

Question: Are there similarities between Chopper and Hulk?

Answer: Maybe a couple here and there. I guess the difference is I think Chopper is a more self-indulgent character. He’s more self-serving whereas Bruce is far, far more innocent. Even though I do have some obvious empathy for a lot of elements of Mark Read’s character, it was more kind of self serving whereas Bruce is not. It’s different. Bruce isn’t in control.

Question: What makes you angry?

Answer: Well, I have two children, so I’m usually Hulked out by eight a.m. probably two or three times.

Question: Are they old enough to see this movie?

Answer: No, no, they’re not. They’re very young so they won’t be seeing this for quite some time.

Question: Do they know what comic books are?

Answer: No. They’re not quite four and one year old, so they’re very young.

Question: Talk about working with Ang Lee?

Answer: Well, it was really incredible. I guess in this film it was intensely draining because not only were you trying to capture performance but then you had to do it a billion times because of the coverage he wanted to have to choose from. Which really takes a lot of effort and trust because as a performer, it’s not just about nailing it. It’s about nailing it from 40 angles, you know, just so he can choose to do things with the split screen and all the rest. So, it did help to have a lot of respect for the director on those days, as opposed to saying, ‘How many more freakin’ times?’ It did make those days a little easier.

Question: How many takes did he do?

Answer: There’s a scene with Sam Elliot and I were after I Hulk out and I’m at the dining room table with Jennifer, he comes with all these security guards and we sit on the couch and have a conversation, I think we did close to 140. Might’ve been more because then we picked up a couple more after.

Question: What were the differences take to take?

Answer: Energy. Energy was higher on some of them. It was a lot.

Question: Where did you get by take 140?

Answer: You go to so many different places as a person and as a performer. I remember at about 70, Sam and I losing it as they were setting up for another angle. I was sure they’d exhausted every possible camera angle and technique in the world, and I’d forgotten about the crane. I think Ang was almost ready to move on and the DOP came in and said, ‘Ang, I think we should do a high crane.’ ‘Yeah, we’ll do a high crane now.’

Question: Was this for the comic book panelling or just angles?

Answer: Yeah, well both.

Question: I don’t remember panelling in that scene.

Answer: The bastard didn’t use it.

Question: Does it concern you that half the performance is CGI?

Answer: No. Again, I think you’re just so anxious about and paranoid about delivering what you’re responsible for which for me was always just Bruce. And I knew that the rest was out of my hands. And I was quite comfortable with that. I actually liked the fact that even though you’re kind of the lead, there’s plenty there to take away from you which is kind of nice.

Question: Is this the first time you’ve played an American role?

Answer: No, I played an American in Black Hawk Down.

Question: Is it hard to do the accent?

Answer: Yes and No. It’s actually CGI in this movie. [joking] Yes and no. Luckily for me, with a sketch comedy background, I’ve had to do it for a long time. But I always figure there are two American accents. There’s the one that kind of sounds okay and there’s one that sounds perfect and I think if we’re going to come and take jobs, it needs to sound perfect. So yeah, I’m pretty conscious of it.

Question: You started in sketch comedy?

Answer: I started out in stand-up in 1990 and in about ‘92 moved across into television sketch comedy and did that for about six years. I did stand-up right up until like two years ago.

Question: Are you planning any comedic film projects?

Answer: Not at the moment, no. It all seems a bit too good to be true to sort of bridge the cross into drama and it’s a bit of a mystery here. The comedy background is kind of like having two lives. Over there, they come and they go, ‘How do you get away with dramatic stuff.’ Here, they say, ‘Oh, you don’t look funny.’ It’s perfect.

Question: How much prep time did you have for Hulk?

Answer: We had a bit of rehearsal. We sat down and did some specific rehearsals for a couple of weeks leading up to the production starting. But I had a lot of time to prepare. I had deliberately not taken any other projects so I’d have the time. So, I probably had maybe five months to get ready for it. Back home, and I got here about a month and a half before we started filming.

Question: How much of your life was taken up by Hulk?

Answer: Well, I prepped at home for probably four or five months. Had about a month and a half here before we started shooting and then the shoot was five and a half months. So I guess all up, it’s almost like a year long job. They apparently tell me some movies get shot in eight to 10 weeks. I haven’t found one of those yet, so it’s still a mystery.

Question: What elements did you like most about the movie, the action or emotion?

Answer: Obviously, the acting, I think all the performances are great and I’m really thrilled with that. I like the depth. I think it’s different to anything we’ve seen before and that’s what I’m most excited about.

Question: How are you preparing your family for your meteoric rise?

Answer: It’s actually quite simple. We live back home in Australia, in Melbourne and I’ve been known at home for a long time and we’re able to live a very, very normal existence that doesn’t really change. I mean, it changes professionally obviously, but personally, to be honest, my theory is it’s as much as you want to bite off and I’m not interested in biting too much off.

Question: How long have you been married?

Answer: About six years.

Question: How did you meet?

Answer: We actually met through work. My wife is a publicist at a television network that I was working at. We were friends for a few years and then we became partner.

Question: Her name?

Answer: Her name’s Rebecca.

Question: Talk about working with Nick Nolte.

Answer: It was probably the biggest highlight for me. He was quite literally one of my favourite actors of all time and so when I got the phone call saying, ‘You know, Nick Nolte’s playing your father’ I literally had to pick myself off the floor. And the scenes with him, they were the most fun even though they were emotionally the most traumatic, they were also the most fun because there’s an element to Nick that makes you feel like you’re in a sand pit and you’re four years old. Really, he just makes acting what it’s meant to be and never lets you forget that we’re here and we’re playing. Yes, it’s serious and yes, it’s dramatic, but let’s play. So, as a result, you both end up in this place that’s kind of different. You just get taken away and it’s just awesome. Some of my favourite days on this film were stuff I had with Nick.

Question: Any Nolte anecdotes?

Answer: I remember one day he came in and he had an oxygen tank. And he was taking hits of oxygen from this oxygen bottle. I remember looking at him thinking, ‘Nick, what on earth are you doing with this oxygen bottle? Is that really necessary?’ And he turned it off and looked at me and said, ‘Well, not really, but it makes them think you’re crazy.’ [INHALES] And he’s right, isn’t he?

Question: How did you lose your Chopper weight?

Answer: It’s very boring. Lots of exercise and lots of boring food, unfortunately. I’ve discovered the secret to weight loss which is the fact that there’s no secret.

Question: What other comic book movies were you offered?

Answer: There was never a situation where someone said, ‘You can play this, this, this, this and this.’ I know that there’s been kind of speculation about it but I met with Avi Arad sometime before this project came up and he told me about the projects that were coming up and asked me if I had any interest in doing this kind of work and I said maybe. Then, this came up and I said definitely. So, it wasn’t specifically like I was directly offered any roles that other people have [SOUNDS LIKE: since now played]. I wouldn’t like to take anything away from them.

Question: What was your stand-up routine like?

Answer: It was pretty- - I’d describe it as funny, of course. It was kind of laid back and anecdotal.

Question: Stuff about your life?

Answer: Yeah, it was kind of storytelling. I was never a big joke writer, so it was more kind of storytelling interspersed with some voices and characters and stuff like that, which is why I ended up in the sketch comedy. Someone had seen my act and said you should really try out for this sketch comedy program because it would be a good fit for you. He did then go on to say that you’re not very good at stand-up comedy. So yeah, it was something that happened early on and I loved it. I do miss it occasionally, definitely.

Question: You play Hector in Troy?

Answer: Yes.

Question: So you win over Brad?

Answer: Depends on which Iliad you’ve read.

Question: That’s The Iliad.

Answer: No, it’s the other way around.

Question: He has Achilles Heel.

Answer: Should I spoil it?

Question: Are you nervous about being forever associated with The Hulk?

Answer: Yeah, I guess you- - I mean, I probably take my choices too seriously, so yeah, I did think about it obviously. In one sense, it’s what you guys call a no-brainer, but in the other sense, yes I do definitely think about everything very seriously. So, yeah, it was a consideration but I’m more than comfortable with it, especially after seeing the film because I think there’s so much there that takes it away from you, that I’m comfortable with that.

Question: You’re happy with the movie?

Answer: Yeah, yeah, thrilled.

Question: Met or exceeded your expectations?

Answer: Pretty much met what I’d dreamt the movie could have been. I didn’t honestly expect it to be that. I don’t think you can, but then to see it be what it is, I was really thrilled.

Question: Have you worked with Brad yet?

Answer: Yeah, we’re nearly halfway through with production.

Question: Signed for Hulk sequels?

Answer: You’ll have to wait and see.

thegroggman
06-04-2003, 05:43 AM
Well...I didnt want to put all of this in one thread...so heres some more.

The first actual review of the screening&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
A review of The Hulk
written by Mike Manning More reviews by this user
5/30/2003 10:06:53 PM
2 out of 2 found this review helpful
I saw this as a sneak preview double feature. Critics may enjoy the action and find fault with the story, but I would say that Ang Lee&#39;s Hulk is now made superhero actions films go to a totally new level. Thru the campy 60&#39;s Hulk and 70&#39;s Bixby versions. I always felt that this character would be very difficult to portray on film cause of the unreal massive brutality that the Hulk is. I always felt he was tamed for TV. The story to me was the important factor and Lee doesn&#39;t take long to get to it. Erwin & Bana&#39;s protayal of Banner reminded me a bit of Bixby&#39;s sad portral the first year of TV&#39;s hulk. Which was probably Bixby&#39;s great start. His humanity and great sadness is portrayed very well and they honor Bixby&#39;s memory, but make no mistake Erwin takes it to another level. He&#39;s the perfect set up for Ang Lee&#39;s Hulk, who explodes on to the screen and the brutality and special effects of IL&M are so well done. He doesn&#39;t look fake at all. Without spoiling much the real emphasis is the constant battles between Father & Son and Father and Daughter. Nolte (Sad to see him in such bad shape, but it fit) and Connely enhance the story. Though the creation of the Hulk is somewhat not what we are used to and Lee changed any familiar stories we are used to to make it his own to his credit. I did have no problem keeping up. Connely is definitly a force on film. Lee dells deep into the Jeckyl and Hyde theme and makes sure both characters are well defined in personality and choice. They both want playing time if you know what I mean. Even though the HULK&#39;s rage is what we see. It enhances and that&#39;s Lee&#39;s great tactic. It builds and Builds. The film&#39;s action sequences are so booming, so epic in scale and so brutal that it is unparalled. I&#39;ve never seen sequences like this one. Lee has raised the bar and it won&#39;t be long before we see epic battles on screen between hero&#39;s & villians, heros and heros, and so forth on these scaled proportions. They are starting to get Comic films right. The ending leaves room for speculation, but the HULK doesn&#39;t disappoint. My wife and I enjoyed it and so will you. My Grade B Plus...

EXCELLENT&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; Enjoy&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

And now...the HULK pics:
http://www.angelfire.com/alt/mecha1/hulk_tank2.jpghttp://www.angelfire.com/alt/mecha1/hulk_tank3.jpg
http://www.angelfire.com/alt/mecha1/hulk_face.jpghttp://www.angelfire.com/alt/mecha1/hulkrock.jpg

gotta go to the next post...

thegroggman
06-04-2003, 05:45 AM
And theres these also...
http://www.angelfire.com/alt/mecha1/hulk.jpghttp://www.angelfire.com/alt/mecha1/oldtown.jpg

And my personal fave...http://www.angelfire.com/alt/mecha1/hulk_city.jpg

thegroggman
06-04-2003, 05:45 AM
*removed*

thegroggman
06-04-2003, 08:43 AM
I have some new stuff to add...but Im pretty tired...so Ill just make this a *bump*

DarkBlizzard
06-04-2003, 08:46 AM
Dang.......thats a like REALLY nice quality pic...I&#39;ll have to go see Hulk. I hope its good....and once again....nice quaility pics

thegroggman
06-04-2003, 08:49 AM
Yesiree bob...they are some great pics, Im hoping that by the end of this week Ill have some new ones to add...but for now those will have to do. The one that I said was my favorite though...gosh...the HULK so freaking exausted in the pic...looks like all that battling in the desert wears him out.

Goldwheelz
06-04-2003, 12:03 PM
They showed a trailer on this mornings breakfast show here in the UK, RI:SE and it blew me away&#33;&#33;

I can&#39;t wait for the movie now, but I&#39;ve got to until July 18th here :angry:

CanYouDigItSucka
06-04-2003, 03:26 PM
@ thegroggman and anbody else interested.

Just installed the hulk pc game and its amazing. I think personally i&#39;ll not play it until i seen the movie. it has some scenes related to the film itself.

Included are some moive trailers which everybody will have seen and also a making of "off the game" itself....but overall i&#39;m impressed. Certain parts of the game are locked until certain elements have been achieved.

In the intro to the game you see what i think you have called the "hulk dogs" and another foe who appears to be hulk&#39;s enemy....anyway i don&#39;t want to say anymore and sorry if i have said too much, but get the game....you&#39;ll like it if you like the hulk

max install is 1.9 gig

crazy_billy_bats
06-04-2003, 03:30 PM
do u know what the CPU requirements are ?

those pics look cool groggers, a lot more human than i expected with that one.

still sceptical on the destruction of objects by Hulk, as he is CGI...

i really hope they pull it off man

CanYouDigItSucka
06-04-2003, 03:55 PM
I&#39;m not 100% sure of game spec&#39;s although it does ask if you have a whole load of components before installing.....

the game requirements appear to be:-

Windows 98 onwards
192MB ram
P3-700mhz
3D hardware accelerator
and 1gig hdd (min install) 1.9 (full-install)

ps. my spec is XP2200+ 450gig hdd and 1gig ram....and it runs perfectly.......

gbfan
06-04-2003, 05:21 PM
This is just too lay too rest who the actor in the punisher posts earlier was.
The original poster was correct its Thomas Jane from the movies Thursday and The Velocity of Gary. Thursday kicked a&#036;&#036; anyway, for those of you who have seen it-----&#62;You see the way that bitches head exploded. :lol:

thegroggman
06-04-2003, 06:05 PM
LOL...wow...that Punisher post was from a long time ago bro...but thx for clearing that up :D And onto the new stuff...first up some short pre-reviews from moviehole:

our full "Hulk" review won&#39;t be up until the week of release unfortunately , but wanted to still let you know "the good news"...

It&#39;s a 5 out of 5 movie, according to our reviewer, Paul.

"Forget anything you&#39;ve read, this Hulk is simply sensational. An intelligent, original masterwork, directed with imagination and visual eloquence by Ang Lee. This is a film that contains sequences that go beyond the special effects arena, yet at the same time is a film that remains deeply human."

And Superherohype said this:

Our own contributor, Chuck The Movieguy, saw it as well and says the movie is brilliant. The Hulk looks fantastic and is incredibly realistic and detailed. He says it&#39;s a great, emtional story. The only drawback is the Hulk Poodle. A full review will come closer to the release date.

So far Ive only read one bad review and this was by a guy who turned out to not even have gone to the screening...so...Next up is a E&#33; video with an interview with the entire cast. Good stuff. Heres the link (http://www.eonline.com/Multimedia/index.html?fdmulti1). Thats all for now :ph34r:

thegroggman
06-05-2003, 04:39 AM
Over at SHH (http://www.superherohype.com) they have posted partial interviews with both Ang Lee and Eric Bana. First up is Ang:

SHH&#39;s Chuck The Movieguy interviewed Ang Lee this past weekend about The Hulk. Ang spoke about how he acted out the motions for the Jolly Green Giant.

"I was desperate to show them what it should be. Usually animators do that without direction, basically. They doing creatures, not a human, you’re supposed to identify as human after. Usually they watch me also photograph them themselves doing “Arrrrr&#33;” But that won’t work for me. I have to show them what is meant to be there. By the time they start animating it, the film is already cut, the backgrounds, the rhythm, how things will work out in my head. Eventually the best way, the quickest way is me showing them how to do it. So facially they captured quickly with video references, but then they, the Hulk physics. They still need some realistic reference to begin with. And there’s attitude too, the body performance, body language. So eventually I put on a suit and started to do all the Hulk shots. I was in a ?????? doing everything. I do the father, and the water, and I have to indicated what I mean by doing that, and it really helped them visualize what they’re supposed to do. At one point I thought I was going to be the dogs, but, we haven’t gone there."

Lee also spoke about the multi-screen comic page shots in the film:

"From the very beginning, before I wrote the script, I started testing it with my editor and we always work together. I didn’t carry it out as much as I wanted, so the team’s been telling me that at this point, people my not get used to it if it’s in a very dramatic context, it might take you out, could be distracting. So after a while, I didn’t go as far as I wanted to, but we did do a lot. I don’t want to call it split screen. It’s more like multi-image, choreographed multi-panels imitating comic book. When you open up, there’s a a structure, an art design to it. You pick and choose your own ways. The movie is ongoing. It has a linear structure of its own, so I have to choreograph it, unlike the comic book, for your cinematic eyes."

He also spoke about the multiple views of the same character:

"Usually you have to cut around it, and that’s artificial. This is just as artificial. I think it’s different, it’s very fresh. It’s like Picasso, although I suspect he tried to imitate movies. But now we imitate him. As a cinema person, it’s all very interesting to me."

Then good ol&#39; Bruce:

Chuck The Movieguy got a chance to talks with Eric Bana. Eric spoke about meeting Lou Ferrigno on the set of the film:

"It was a big thrill because I was always a big fan of his, not only from the Hulk but as a bodybuilder. You know, him and Arnie, pumping iron were a big part of my youth. So I did what everyone else does when they meet Lou for the first time, you say, “You mind if I touch your arm?” Get a good handful. That was a big thrill to meet him, absolutely. There’s actually a scene in the film that was cut. Him and I have dialogue together. It might turn up on the DVD."

Bana also spoke about his favorite scenes in the film:

"There was probably two or three, I really like the scene in the hangar between Nick and myself towards the end where we’re both sitting on those chairs in that darkened environment. I also like the scene between me and Jennifer in the log cabin after I have been Hulk the night before with the dog fight, and we’re playing with the notion, she comes up with this idea that emotional damage has no limits and if its manifests itself physically than there are no physical limits. The idea that the Hulk could just keep on going and going and going was actually a scene that Ang had re-written at 3 o’clock that morning. We got a knock on our doors saying the scene has been re-written, here it is. Learn it and we’re gonna start shooting it in a few hours. That’s probably one of my favorites."

Eric also spoke about playing his role in the Hulk video game:

"Yeah, it’s kinda weird. I mean I love playing Play Station myself, to sit there and do a voice for an upcoming video game was kind of fun. I had a good time."

He also addressed the issue of pleasing Hulk comic geeks (like us):

"I’m interested to see what they think of the film now that I’m actually finished with it, but I didn’t partake for a second of any of that while I was making the movie. I got a lot of confidence from Ang who was very, very good at ignoring the outside world while we were making this film. I never once even asked anybody what was going on out there. Because you can’t, you end up servicing the wrong God so to speak. You end up chasing your tail and you won’t end up making a product like this if you’re trying to chase your tail following what people think or expect and they haven’t even read the script. So I’m blissfully ignorant of all those kind of discussions, but I’m very respectful of the fans wishes and I’m sure they’ll be pleased. I can’t wait to see their reaction. Quite frankly, they have every right to deserve a great movie and a great interpretation."

Interesting stuff. Im really digging how much Ang Lee is into this film, I mean...hes basically done everything. Usually when a director shows so much dedication it pays off big...guess we&#39;ll find out here in 15 days B)

thegroggman
06-05-2003, 04:40 PM
Hey folks, the Press Kit for HULK was released recently and I have some behind the scenes pics from that. Pretty boring stuff, but HULK film pics...are HULK film pics. So first off Ill start with Jennifer Connely&#39;s pics:
http://www.angelfire.com/alt/mecha1/jen1.jpghttp://www.angelfire.com/alt/mecha1/jen2.jpg
http://www.angelfire.com/alt/mecha1/jen3.jpghttp://www.angelfire.com/alt/mecha1/jen4.jpg
http://www.angelfire.com/alt/mecha1/jen5.jpghttp://www.angelfire.com/alt/mecha1/jen6.jpg
http://www.angelfire.com/alt/mecha1/jen7.jpghttp://www.angelfire.com/alt/mecha1/jen8.jpg

Later today Ill post the pics of Eric Bana, Nick Nolte, and Ang Lee ...till then, later m8s B)

nightsky
06-05-2003, 09:09 PM
I didn&#39;t look through this entire post, but did any one finish or try d/l the Hulk yet? If ya did wut quality is it cause I still have a long way to go. It&#39;s around 1.9 gb

thegroggman
06-05-2003, 09:12 PM
Hmmm...well you should always take time to read the post. But there is no cam or telesyncs out for HULK. What you are downloading is most likely the game, for it is the only thing HULK related that you can download off of IRC, Bittorrent, or p2p.

ilw
06-05-2003, 09:13 PM
I&#39;d preview that file if i was u. Since it isn&#39;t released yet thats almost certainly not hulk

crazy_billy_bats
06-05-2003, 09:35 PM
hey i want the nolte pics already groggster&#33; :lol:

any other ones of close close Hulk?
me likes &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :D :D

thegroggman
06-07-2003, 12:47 AM
Ok...still the actual film hasnt hit irc yet, but I am in quoue to get the sample as we speak. As soon as I have it downloaded Ill post it in the verifieds. The same with the film, although I personally want to see this first on the big screen.

thegroggman
06-16-2003, 05:44 AM
Hey Metro the music is a brand new score including the song in the dessert. Some of the songs used though were from the Last Temptation of Christ. Anywho...onto the update. First from JT on the shh boards..heres what ebert and roeper had to say about HULK:

I was just watching Ebert and Roeper and agreed on giving HULK two thumbs up. They also said that the film was a perfect conception of what a comic book movie should be and the effects are just like Spider-Man and Daredevil, in that half the time it looks fantastic and half the time it looks jerky. Overall though, they enjoyed it.

Perfect comic film? Hmmm...Im stilll not sure if the mainstream is going to dig this (espechially teens...most have no concept of what a good movie is...hence why 2f2f was a #1 movie).

And...on June 20th...HULK is taking over the Home Shopping Network:

Don&#39;t Make Us Angry, You Wouldn&#39;t Like Us When We&#39;re Angry…

June 13, 2003, Runnemede, NJ -- Dynamic Forces presents the greatest show since Bill Bixby and Lou Ferrigno appeared on CBS&#39;s Incredible Hulk&#33; We&#39;re bringing everyone&#39;s favorite jolly green monster to HSN June 20th at 1:00 AM EST (that&#39;s 10:00 PM June 19th for all you fans on the West Coast).

We&#39;re pulling out all of the stops on this one, and featuring the signature of Hulk co-creator Stan Lee on a Giclee making its debut on this show. This incredible Giclee is limited to just 62 pieces in commemoration for the year 1962 - the year Stan Lee first presented the Incredible Hulk.

But we&#39;re not stopping there; For the first time ever our exclusive Hulk vs. Thing Lithograph is available Signed and Re-Marked with an original full body sketch by painter John Watson on each Litho.

Think we&#39;re done? We&#39;re not… DF also presents our exclusive Incredible Hulk Lithograph by artist Randy Queen and available signed by the artist. This special Litho, features &#39;ol greenskin, was created in honor of our men and women in the armed forces and you don&#39;t want to miss out on this incredible opportunity to add it to your collection.

And for those fans of the Hildebrandt Brothers, we&#39;re offering a special Litho Signed and Re-Marked by Greg and Tim - the modern masters of Fantasy&#33; Our exclusive Spider-Man: Swinging Through the Twin Towers Lithograph is a true high-end collectible, limited to only fifteen pieces and once they&#39;re gone… they&#39;re gone&#33;

But we&#39;re still not done&#33; We&#39;ll be offering the most incredible Mega Marvel Marquee Set of the Year, featuring the signatures of Stan Lee, Dave Cockrum, John Romita, Jr., Joe Quesada, Geoff Johns, John Cassaday, John Ney Rieber, John Romita, Sr., Jim Lee and a very special CGC graded Transformers comic. This set must not be missed&#33;

We also have two special Dynamic Forces Starter Sets prepared for the show: Our World-Famous Lucky 21 Starter Set featuring 21 comic books for under &#036;20.00 including 7 limited edition Signed Comics; Our 40 Comic Book Starter Set will be offered for just &#036;40.00 and features 10 -- that&#39;s right 10 for DF&#39;s 10th Anniversary - out-of-print and limited edition comic books plus 30 random books for a grand total of 40 books for just &#036;40.00&#33;

So, be sure to check out HSN June 20th 1:00 AM EST (and again that&#39;s 10:00 PM June 19th on the West Coast) for DF President Nick Barrucci, the Hulk, and a world&#39;s worth of collectibles&#33;

LOL...

thegroggman
06-18-2003, 05:51 AM
Sorry to have taken so long for an update. But this week has been hectic as hell. Moving sure does take alot. Oh well...anywho, just a minor tibit. Over at comingsoon.net they have an audio interview with Eric Bana up. And for the rest of the week theyll be putting up audio interviews with the rest of the cast. You can listen in here (http://www.comingsoon.net/audio/audio.php).

Rambo1
06-18-2003, 06:20 AM
Can somebody help me? Is there any way to play regular VCD&#39;s on my pc? I have a couple nice movies that I can&#39;t play on my pc, please respond quickly for me, one of the movies is the HULK, can&#39;t wait to see

gbfan
06-18-2003, 06:35 AM
If you burned them they should work unless you did something wrong while doing so. Otherwise you might need a codec. If you need it Gspot will tell you what codecs you would need. I&#39;m still kind of a noob so just trying to give ya an idea. You should be able to find Gspot for free on the net :D

kazaaliterock
06-18-2003, 07:01 AM
this may be a dumb question to ur well, dumb question. do u have a dvd drive?

Rambo1
06-18-2003, 07:25 AM
I have a dvd player but it doesn&#39;t support VCD&#39;s and until I buy a new DVD player I&#39;d like to use the pc to play them, I&#39;ll check on Gspot

Thank alot[SIZE=7][B]

gbfan
06-18-2003, 08:59 AM
Sorry if you misunderstood but Gspot is a program you download and then run it will tell all the codecs needed for whatever file you are checking as well as if you have them installed already. :D

Hazzy Hazz
06-18-2003, 01:46 PM
Can&#39;t wait to see it on the big screen. :D

Jibbler
06-19-2003, 12:08 AM
It appears the movie is getting above average reviews, but people don&#39;t seem to be as impressed as they were for Spiderman. Of course, Spiderman is a much colorful character, so it isn&#39;t a fair comparison. Let&#39;s see if it breaks the 100 million mark, domestic of course. :)

Champ
06-19-2003, 12:48 AM
Dude it looks sweet as hell.... can ne1 add any details to this for me: hulk can jump over 3 miles and lift over 100 tons... nethin else

sorry i didnt read the comics but i watched the cartoon haha

8ball
06-19-2003, 02:53 AM
The Hulk

File:[pio]The.Hulk.(2003).(smf).workprint.divx.(1of2).avi
Length:167319552 Bytes,163398KB
UUHash:=xHm+yMmflXXj/tNN1gN/8XgZx7c=

File:[pio]The.Hulk.(2003).(smf).workprint.divx.avi
Length:174243840 Bytes,170160KB
UUHash:=gQgq4fln6DBD+0OIvmV1qIuLM6c=

Sorry if this is posted anywhere else, I don&#39;t have time to look right now. I thought i would put it here instead of starting a new thread. Oh ya I was trying hybrid signature, So im not sure if im doing it right so if it does not work tell me.

Ok how do you get the hybrid sig to work?

Schmiggy_JK23
06-19-2003, 08:06 AM
grogg

whats the song they play on the current hult tv spot/trailer?

Schmiggy_JK23
06-19-2003, 08:12 AM
double

thegroggman
06-19-2003, 09:01 AM
Hmmm...Im not quite sure I know which trailer you&#39;re talking about. Ive seen a bunch of new ones on TV. If its a rock song though, what you&#39;re probably looking for is &#39;Set me Free&#39; by Reloaded. The rest of the songs are orchaestratal by Danny Elfman, a full list of the soundtrack is here (http://danny_elfman69.tripod.com/hulk.html).

Oh by the way the Reloaded group is made of, "Scott Weiland (Stone Temple Pilots), Slash, Duff McKagan and Matt Sorum, Formerly of Guns N&#39; Roses, and Dave Kushner of Suicidal Tendencies"

Hope it helps.

Schmiggy_JK23
06-19-2003, 06:15 PM
yup, thats gotta be it.

as it is a rock song, and i was told by another that there was only like, one rock song on the sound track.

getting it now, thanks&#33;

thegroggman
06-20-2003, 07:58 PM
Damn it...I did type up a long review for the film...but it was deleted. So Ill just give you the gist of my thoughts. I really enjoyed this film. Storywise its the best comicbook film out there. It does have a few dry spots, espechially in the first 40 minutes and towards the middle, but overall its fantastic. At about the halfway point this film still stays true to its art-house roots, but also kicks into full comic book mode. The action that occurs is awesome. The HULK does have some very iffy moments, but the close ups are perfect and the battle in the desert is one of the coolest things I have seen on the big screen. How does HULK compare to Gollum? Well...Gollum overall probably has the realer look, but HULK does a better job of blending him into his enviroment. The final battle of the film was short but sweet, and the ending definitely left you anxious for the next film. I really hope this film does well, if people give this film a chance Im sure that they will enjoy it. Its my favorite film of the summer so far...and for the most part unless T3 blows me away I dont think it has any competition.

To read a review that almost matches my thoughts completely, mosey on over to here (http://www.aintitcoolnews.com/display.cgi?id=15510) (the first review). Good stuff all around.

Damnatory
06-20-2003, 08:04 PM
Just thought I would let you all know that I&#39;m working on a encoding the Da Duck Hulk Workprint Avi to VCD. I shoud have the Bin/Cue&#39;s to post by tonight.

ck-uk
06-20-2003, 08:19 PM
I &#39;m glad it wasnt a disapointment for u groggs :D I&#39;m still dyin to watch it myself..
I cant sit in them cinemas,i&#39;m constantly fidgeting al the time .i just wish a screener or somthing would hurry up and come along.I think Spidy 2 will b the best one thou.. until the ultimate superman comes. :D

thegroggman
06-21-2003, 01:56 AM
Hey Cosmo I cant wait For Spidey 2, it should rock. Anywho, since this is my most famous thread I thought it would be best if my final post was in here. So heres the final update. First up is HULK cartoons&#33;:

This weekend DON&#39;T FORGET, the ABC Family Channel network will have The Incredible Hulk-a-Thon. A two-day total of smashing, bashing animated action.

Here&#39;s a listing of the episodes that will be shown:

SATURDAY,JUNE 21ST,2003
Times are (EDT) - Check local listings.
9:30AM "Darkness and Light(Pt.1)"
10:00AM "Darkness and Light(Pt.2)"
10:30AM "Darkness and Light(Pt.3)"
11:00AM - IRON MAN "Hulk Buster"
11:30AM - FANTASTIC FOUR "Nightmare In Green"

SUNDAY,JUNE 22ND,2003
9:30AM "Hulk Of A Different Color" (guest starring the She-Hulk&#33;)
10:00AM "They Call Me Mr Fix-It"
10:30AM "HollyWood Rocks"
11:00AM SPIDER-MAN and his AMAZING FRIENDS -"Spidey Goes HollyWood" Spidey, IceMan & Firestar, go to HollyWood to film a movie to pay for poor old Aunt May&#39;s mortgage, with Spidey&#39;s arch-nemesis Mysterio behind the scenes trying to get rid the Wall-Crawler once and for all by creating a robot Hulk... until the real HULK shows up&#33;&#33;&#33;
11:30AM "Prisoner of the Monster"

Catch the new film then watch the catoons - make it a HULK weekend&#33;

And in case you didnt catch this in my previous post:

Hulk producer Avi Arad already has the film&#39;s screenwriter/producer, James Schamus, working hard on Hulk 2. Schamus says his script further delves into Bruce Banner&#39;s epic struggle with his inner demons, resulting in the emergence of an evil, gray-hued Hulk. Shamus says he&#39;s toying with the idea of incorporating two possible villains: The Leader (described by Lee as "a giant-head brainiac") and The Abomination ("a big ugly guy the same size as the Hulk").

But will Lee return to direct? "Maybe," he says, but first "I need to de-Hulk this process."

And thats it. Ok I have a plane to catch...I am outa here&#33;&#33;&#33; Enjoy the film. Nuff Said&#33;

AznRocky
06-21-2003, 01:58 AM
wow kool thx&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
but if only a terminator 3 cartoon&#33;.....

BCCorn
06-21-2003, 02:22 AM
Originally posted by 8ball@19 June 2003 - 02:53
Ok how do you get the hybrid sig to work?
There&#39;s a tutorial pinned to the top of verifieds, read the latest post. The recent board upgrade changed something, there&#39;s another small step to take now.

Stonecoldfreak1
06-21-2003, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by AznRocky@21 June 2003 - 01:58
wow kool thx&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
but if only a terminator 3 cartoon&#33;.....
i read a while back theres gonna be one or a terminator one at least but it didnt say when it would be out

Jibbler
06-23-2003, 12:35 AM
Well, opening weekend has come and gone. What did everyone think? :huh:

Hazzy Hazz
06-23-2003, 11:36 AM
I think it is a great movie overall, there was times it was quite boring but Ang Lee sure made everlasting shows.

infamous
06-24-2003, 10:28 PM
so.... is there a copy out on kazaa? :P

Jibbler
06-25-2003, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by infamous@24 June 2003 - 18:28
so.... is there a copy out on kazaa? :P
Did you read this thread? :huh:

gbfan
06-25-2003, 12:43 AM
I think that infamous was being sarcastic jib.

Jibbler
06-29-2003, 04:52 PM
Bump--still one of the hottest movies out there. I can&#39;t see marvel going for a sequel on this one. I just don&#39;t think it appealed to a broad enough audience. ;)

thegroggman
06-30-2003, 09:26 PM
Hey guys....wow. Nice to see this thread, all though I am a bit disgruntled that so many other HULK threads popped up...oh well, I tried. Anywho, again I really enjoyed the film...it wasnt perfect, none of the Marvel films are, but what this and the rest do well, is entertain you. This is definitely the most serious...but its still good. As for a sequel Jibb....well the script is already bring written as we speak..as long as it makes its money back, we&#39;ll be seeing the &#39;Grey&#39; HULK come 2005. Cant wait for that. :D

Cap'n Movies
07-01-2003, 03:15 AM
is there gonna be a sequal to the hulk cause if there isn&#39;t the movie&#39;s endind sucked

Jibbler
07-01-2003, 04:40 AM
Originally posted by Cap&#39;n Movies@30 June 2003 - 23:15
is there gonna be a sequal to the hulk cause if there isn&#39;t the movie&#39;s endind sucked
Pay attention damnit. :huh:

Anyway, I wanted to like this movie so badly, but alas... Either way, a sequel is good in my book. It can only get better from here. X-Men 2 proves a sequel with a good budget can really change the industry. :)

thegroggman
07-01-2003, 04:57 AM
Yeah, I know alot of people just like you, who I knew, that expected to like it...were highly dissapointed, and others who had no idea what it was...were happily surprised. I mean...its all up to the individual. Still I think everyone should at least give it a shot, it may just be your cup of tea.

07-09-2003, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by thegroggman@1 July 2003 - 05:57
Yeah, I know alot of people just like you, who I knew, that expected to like it...were highly dissapointed, and others who had no idea what it was...were happily surprised.
well, i didn&#39;t have any idea wut it was, but i was kinda disappointed, b/c a lot of it was really confusing, and, well i thought moves like spiderman was better