PDA

View Full Version : vista and the permission popup

shosh
02-02-2007, 09:40 PM
does anyone know how to get rid of the permission popup on vista?
it gets pretty annoying

Virtualbody1234
02-03-2007, 02:22 AM
I little more detail about what permission pop up on vista you're referring to.

There are many.

peat moss
02-03-2007, 02:52 AM
Its called security my little friend . JK it is annoying eh ?

Look here :

http://lifehacker.com/software/vista/windows-vista-tip--disable-annoying-need-your-permission-to-continue-prompts-230866.php

I did kind of go out on a limb here as VB said there are more than one type ,I guessed the annoying one from my own limited experiences with Vista . ;)

thedove75
02-03-2007, 08:42 AM
its really annoying hope the final vista have a disable feature for this shiit

Hairbautt
02-03-2007, 01:44 PM
You can disable it in the Control Panel, just look for the area that is for User Accounts, should be in there somewhere.

Although, when you disable it - IE will say "Protected Mode: Off" or w/e, been a while since I used Vista...:huh:

tesco
02-03-2007, 02:34 PM
http://www.petri.co.il/disable_uac_in_windows_vista.htm
Follow method 3 (gpedit).
Worked perfectly for me. :)

Method number 4 (what hairbautt also posted) didn't seem to remove all the popups for me, this lets you remove them ALL. :)

peat moss
02-03-2007, 03:28 PM
You can disable it in the Control Panel, just look for the area that is for User Accounts, should be in there somewhere.

Although, when you disable it - IE will say "Protected Mode: Off" or w/e, been a while since I used Vista...:huh:

From the link I posted :

Open up Control Panel, and type in user account into the search box. You'll see the link for "Turn User Account Control (UAC) on or off". Click it. Uncheck the box, and reboot your computer. You should be done with obnoxious prompts!

shosh
02-05-2007, 05:40 PM
totally solved that problem
thx for your help

mr. nails
02-18-2007, 12:24 PM
GREAT thread! i was looking for this. i used method #4, but will prob use method #1 if i ever get a popup. as for now #4 works fine. thx for this thread!