PDA

View Full Version : I have a question if I changed my ip address..

phoenixfire
02-03-2007, 01:39 AM
but only the last 5 numbers of the ip, would the admin of a certain site get suspicious of that?

for instance if my ip was 123.456.78 and it changed to 123.498.76 is that okay for me to start "using" the site again?

jelll
02-03-2007, 01:41 AM
should be fine...most sites allow you to use multiple ips.

aburyach
02-03-2007, 01:42 AM

Yup, many people access the site from different locations or share accs so allowing multiple IPs is more or less necessary ;)

phoenixfire
02-03-2007, 01:45 AM
Agh I don't think I made myself clear. I have a blacklisted IP and I was wondering if changing the last 5 digits of the ip will help me.

aburyach
02-03-2007, 01:51 AM
Agh I don't think I made myself clear. I have a blacklisted IP and I was wondering if changing the last 5 digits of the ip will help me.

Oh, I see. Say, you didn't do anything bad to get blacklisted, did you? :01:

gamer4eva
02-03-2007, 01:52 AM
Well if you get blacklisted only certain region does and they do not ban whole region so if you change IP somehow it should work again!!!!!!!

Salmonblaster
02-03-2007, 01:54 AM

Yup, many people access the site from different locations or share accs so allowing multiple IPs is more or less necessary ;)

correct me if i'm wrong but is there a site out there that allows account sharing???

aburyach
02-03-2007, 02:00 AM

correct me if i'm wrong but is there a site out there that allows account sharing???

Well its hard to say they allow it explicitly- but it very hard to tell if you are sharing. Say you are a good user and access the site from 3 places- your home, your work, and a seedbox. Should the site disable you? Of course not. What if 3 buddies were sharing the site? The site would not really know :D

phoenixfire
02-03-2007, 02:02 AM

No, I was banned a number of times by the site in your sig for no apparent reason.:blink:

artifact
02-03-2007, 05:48 AM

No, I was banned a number of times by the site in your sig for no apparent reason.:blink:

banned a number of times for no reason.... LOL im gonna go ahead and call bullshit on this... you were banned for something, admins dont just go around disabling and banning accounts with no reason

sert
02-03-2007, 06:10 AM

Well its hard to say they allow it explicitly- but it very hard to tell if you are sharing. Say you are a good user and access the site from 3 places- your home, your work, and a seedbox. Should the site disable you? Of course not. What if 3 buddies were sharing the site? The site would not really know :D

It works exactly this way. I download from EVERY site from two locations (home & work) and NEVER been bothered from anyone.

Accordingly I could download only from home and give my acc details to trust friend to download also